PDA

View Full Version : Untitled thus far.

x__hellokitty
04-01-2008, 07:09 AM
Chapter 1: A Book With No Pictures

Alice in Wonderland, how do you get to Wonderland?
Over the hill or underland, or just behind the tree?
When clouds go rolling by, they roll away and leave the sky.
Where is the land beyond the eye, the people can not see, where can it be?
Where do stars go, where is the grass that's blue?
They must be somewhere in the sunny afternoon.
Alice in Wonderland, where is the path to Wonderland?
Over the hill or here or there, I wonder where.

"Alice! Will you kindly pay attention to your history lesson?"

Alice Liddell smoothed out her white pinafore, stretching it smoothly over her dodger blue dress. Her thick, cascading hair fell about six inches below her shoulders, its color a buttery yellow. Atop her head was a wide black ribbon to hold her hair back, a simple bow tied at the top. White stockings stuck out from the petticoats underneath her dress like stalks shooting from the bottom of a mushroom. Upon each foot was a shiny, black shoe that were held on by a simple, silver buckle on each end. Alice's cerulean eyes were the color of a clean river, sparkling with that happiness that only exists in the young.

Indeed, Alice was a bubbly child with a smile on her face most of the time. Unless, like all small children, she did not get her way. In that situation, her lips contorted into a pout and her clear, blue eyes watered. Alice was not one to shy away from crying when she needed to, although sadness could also evoke a different kind of crying, a more genuine kind of tear. Playing with her mother's Skitty, Dinah, and running through the grass usually satisfied her. It was not allowed for Alice to venture into the tall grasses without Dinah by her side, as Alice had no Pokemon of her own on hand. Of course, she had caught pokemon in the past, but they were the occasional Magikarp or Kricketot, nothing really all too special. Training with Skitty also helped Alice to get ready for the real world of battling that she so wanted to be a part of. Her family, however, had other plans in mind.

"I'm sorry, but how can one possibly pay attention to a book with no pictures in it?" Alice answered in a tone that reeked of the upmost boredom, tossing a golden lock behind her shoulder and letting a light sigh escape her lips. Her sister rolled her eyes in a superior, haughty way.

"My dear child," She began cooly, her smirk shining through the brown hair held back loosely by the lavendar bonnet atop her head.

"There are a great many good books in this world without pictures."

"In this world perhaps. But in my world, the books would be nothing but pictures." Alice replied back quickly, beginning to sense the start of an argument. She now sat up straight on the tree branch from which she and Dinah sat, listening to the lesson of the archbishop of Canterbury or some other royal prick. Her sister, sitting at the base of the tree, must have also sensed this and replied to the situation by cutting it off at the neck.

"Your world? Huh, what nonsense. Now, once more..."

Alice, however, was now well awake and her attention could no longer be held by simply braiding flowers and playing with Dinah. She slipped off of the tree branch quietly as not to alert her sister and went to slink off to the fields. Perhaps to explore or perhaps just to talk to herself, even she really didn't know, but she felt the need to leave the area and amuse herself in another way.

"Dinah, my sister gave me the most glorious idea." Alice began, her sentences sprinkled with the refined way of speaking that only the British could achieve. "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn’t. And contrariwise, what it is, it wouldn’t be, and what it wouldn’t be, it would. You see?"

"Skitty? Mrow!" Dinah said, not really understanding what her master's daughter was talking about, although that was how the case usually was. No, Dinah mearly had the notion that perhaps they'd be returning home to eat soon or maybe run off to play in the rich gardens that made up the land.

----

Incomplete. I'm going for multiple pokemon in this one, as I'm planning on it being a longer fic.

Character count so far: 3633