PDA

View Full Version : Replay Value?

Kenny_C.002
03-05-2004, 02:39 AM
What did you think of the replay value of these games when they just came out? How about now?

boltAge
03-05-2004, 12:14 PM
Well, great. You can EV train your mons to the max(unlike GSCRS). My game's screwed up(it deletes the data every now and then), otherwise, I'd be hooking on my Yellow now.

PokemonElite2000
03-05-2004, 09:17 PM
What did you think of the replay value of these games when they just came out? How about now?Well, they done a better job of increasing the replay value in the newer games, such as the competitions and berries in Ruby/Sapphire. I remember I was hooked on the game when it first came out, wasn't everyone?

Kenny_C.002
03-05-2004, 11:28 PM
I'd have to say that this game had its place among the haters and the lovers alike. I remembered back in the day when the haters loved it. Darn that Pikachu...

boltAge
03-06-2004, 12:31 AM
I'd have to say that this game had its place among the haters and the lovers alike. I remembered back in the day when the haters loved it. Darn that Pikachu...Why do you hate Y's Pikachu? It's so kewl...:angel:

Kenny_C.002
03-06-2004, 12:34 AM
Acutally, I just hate pikachu in general, not discriminating against any particular pikachu. lol Why can't they all evolve into the awesome Raichu? WHY!!!???!?!?

silverfrost
03-06-2004, 02:45 AM
Acutally, I just hate pikachu in general, not discriminating against any particular pikachu. lol Why can't they all evolve into the awesome Raichu? WHY!!!???!?!?

lol, Pikachu did seem to make the games a lot more popular... x_x; I like it but it's not that great. =P

boltAge
03-06-2004, 02:50 AM
lol, Pikachu did seem to make the games a lot more popular... x_x; I like it but it's not that great. =PI actually liked that thing, it was fun leaving him at the Jigglypuff who sang it asleep in the Pokemon Center outside Mt Moon. ^^

silverfrost
03-06-2004, 03:06 AM
I actually liked that thing, it was fun leaving him at the Jigglypuff who sang it asleep in the Pokemon Center outside Mt Moon. ^^

Hah, yep. It just would've been perfect to be able to evolve it. :snooty:

Thunderbird
03-06-2004, 06:06 AM
Hah, yep. It just would've been perfect to be able to evolve it. :snooty:CORRECTION:
To be able to evolve it to raichu while it can still stay beside u and follow u :angel:

Psycho Mew
03-06-2004, 07:14 PM
I think that the games were funner to raise pokemon back then, even though there were fewer features and stuff. Pokemon was generally more popular, and it made it more convincing to spend time after you beat the game training Pokemon (so you could battle your friends, of course). Nowadays its hard for me to get hooked, since there is basically nobody to battle in my school or neighborhood. Maybe 1 or 2 people I know. But yeah, the games have taken a step up from RB. Secret Bases, Pokemon Contests, and other stuff have made the game better.

silverfrost
03-06-2004, 09:17 PM
CORRECTION:
To be able to evolve it to raichu while it can still stay beside u and follow u :angel:

Erm... so you could evolve it in yellow? o_0; Shows how much I know...

Kenny_C.002
03-07-2004, 02:23 AM
Yeah. I guess so too. I mean, the first game I actually battled someone with a link cable (and it was a crowd thing too). After that, NO! :-/

Thunderbird
03-07-2004, 05:30 AM
Erm... so you could evolve it in yellow? o_0; Shows how much I know...I mean... Er-hem, this is my wish if i can evolve Pikachu in yellow :sick:
Of coz, u can still trade it to other versions to evolve it..

White Shadow
03-09-2004, 08:58 PM
I think it has just as much replayability as the others, really...I've restarted on it way more times than I have on Gold and Sapp. The joke Red makes about Cue Ball in the water above Pallet Town still cracks me up, every time XD

Agent Orange
03-09-2004, 09:12 PM
What Joke....need more words...:question:

White Shadow
03-09-2004, 09:28 PM
I don't remember the exact wording, but after you beat him he says something along the lines of ' I look like a {don't remember this part} in the water?! WHY YOU... '

Eh..I have a weird sense of humor and it takes very little to get a giggle outta me. ^^;

Pokemon World Mazter
03-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Well in my opinion, most people that I know of restart their game after they have beat ti the first time. They do it for the purpose of "perfectioning" their pokemon teams. Ive replayed my Ruby like 4 times and my Sapphire 2 times.

Super Blastoise 64
03-11-2004, 09:21 PM
All the pokemon games are way more funer if you have lots of friends that are in to it as you are,theres not as many people into it where i live so its not as fun as it used to be :sad:

i love battling other people, its what made all that work you did worth wile even if i lose :biggrin:

White Shadow
03-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Yep, gotta agree with that...Once you know which pokémon all the in-game trainers have, it can get a tad boring. Battleing another human'll allways be better than fighting the computer. For me its cos they're there with you, so you can swear at them and stuff. :P

Super Blastoise 64
03-11-2004, 10:31 PM
Yep, gotta agree with that...Once you know which pokémon all the in-game trainers have, it can get a tad boring. Battleing another human'll allways be better than fighting the computer. For me its cos they're there with you, so you can swear at them and stuff. :P LOL

skipper585
09-08-2007, 06:13 PM
What did you think of the replay value of these games when they just came out? How about now?
it stinks that the game ends so quickly.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
09-09-2007, 12:58 AM
Please don't revive threads that haven't been posted in for a month or more.

If you see an older thread that you think has an interesting topic/discussion, you can make a new thread about it. ^^