PDA

View Full Version : Best Pokemon?

Poke Master
05-11-2008, 12:44 PM
What do you think is the best Pokemon STAT-WISE?
I like Heracross.
A good movepool, and I've used em' vs alot people, and have never losed with him.
Yeah, I'm a weirdo.

~Duncan

Shun Goku Satsu
05-11-2008, 01:06 PM
You can't just choose a single best pokemon :ermm:

Pokemon perform different roles so you would have to break it down into best:

Physical sweeper
Special sweeper
Mixed sweeper
Physical wall
Special wall
Duel wall
Tank

And then:

Baton passer
Hazer
Rapid spinner
Spiker

etc etc etc

I agree on the awesomeness of heracross though :cool:

xXPrimalDialgaXx
05-11-2008, 01:21 PM
I prefer Dialga.
He has stat balance in Special and Physical.
He learns a variety of moves.
A rightful nature can make him a great pkmn.

~temporal

Zenrot
05-14-2008, 03:51 PM
I prefer Dialga.
He has stat balance in Special and Physical.
He learns a variety of moves.
A rightful nature can make him a great pkmn.

~temporal
This thread seems more like "what is your favorite pokemon" as opposed to what is the best pokemon (best is basically impossible to determine also)

TrainerNick
05-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Lapras and Mew have excellent movesets, but they are kinda girly 0_o

gamien
05-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Mew would be the best and the best team would be Arceus and Mew

TrainerNick
05-14-2008, 06:09 PM
I know that :p Idk about Arceus though.....

Viva la Gofre
05-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Arceus is a jack of all trades, a master of none. In the uber tier he is outswept by pokes like deoxys and mewtwo, and is outwalled by the likes of lugia and giratina. Mew is so variable it's insane. Most importantly it can baton pass almost anything imaginable.

So yeah, mew is easily the best pokemon for passing, but arceus isnt really the best at anything. He's great at a lot of stuff, but a master of none. As shun said, pokes have different roles and arent comparable. My votes go to (1st is uber tier, 2nd is OU):
Physical Sweeper: Rayquaza/Garchomp
Special Sweeper: Mewtwo/Specsmence
Mixed Sweeper: Deoxys A/Infernape
Physical Wall: Lugia/Cresselia
Special Wall: Blissey/Blissey
Dual Wall: Giratina/Suicune
Tank: Groudon/Swampert
Baton Passer: Mew/Ninjask
Hazer: Mew/Skarmory
Rapid spinner: Forretress/Donphan
Spiker: Groudon/Forry

Master Aqua
05-14-2008, 06:28 PM
lol its a choice between only 3 pokemon any other pokemon does not come close to these three. People metion mew here but lol I say his powerd do not compare to the 3 names before you.

Mewtwo-built for battle, mewtwo has huge sp attack as well as decent attack and awsome speed and unlike deoyxs (A) he can take a hit with out rling on focus band
deoyxs (A)- ultimate revenge kill pokemon however he is suprisly difficult to use effectively
Arceus - can be any type of pokemon andf has the highest base status total of any pokemon.

I have to say its a three way tie, arceus may have the highest over all bases status and can be any type but both mewtwo and deoyxs (A) have extresm bases statuses in wich arceus is lagging in.

I do not think anyone can say either of these are the best pokemon at all but there is no way any other 3 pokes can compete with them for top poke. All there of these pokemon are unique in there own way and equally outclass each other in difffrent ways.

TrainerNick
05-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Mew still is the best. IT CAN TRANSFORM ^^

Viva la Gofre
05-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Mew still is the best. IT CAN TRANSFORM ^^
So can ditto ;)

Fushigidane
05-14-2008, 10:29 PM
What do you think is the best Pokemon STAT-WISE?
I like Heracross.
A good movepool, and I've used em' vs alot people, and have never losed with him.
Yeah, I'm a weirdo.

~Duncan
I personally like Heracross, he's pretty cool, but incredibly weak to flying, so I'd never dream of using him.
Non-legendary wise, I like Garchomp a lot.

Zen Chanting
05-15-2008, 01:18 AM
Mewtwo is essentially a pefect pokemon. If somehow nintendo blocks out any real x4 weakness, it'll be pretty much unstoppable.