PDA

View Full Version : Project Custom 3-PE2K Site (Approved by Seawolf)

Black Rayquaza
10-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Failure

Black Rayquaza
10-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Tournament #1-PC3 Custom Banner Challenge (PE2K Site)
Start Date: November 1st
Max # of Competitors: 15
Judges: Black Rayquaza, INFERNAPE_22, Seawolf
Competitors Entered:
-Ahlat
-Hihi
-WETLORE99
-Pikachou
-Eeveedude
-U-B-3-R

Tournament #2-PC3 Custom Avatar Challenge (PE2K Site)
Start Date: November 1st
Max # of Competitors: 15
Judges: Black Rayquaza, INFERNAPE_22, Seawolf
Competitors Entered:
-Ahlat
-Hihi
-Pikachou
-Eeveedude
-U-B-3-R

After November 1st comes, the first challenge in each tournament will be announced.

Enter Now!
-Black Rayquaza

Seawolf
10-26-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm just confirming that I approved this. It shows a ton of promise. :cool:

Hihi
10-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Username:
Art Experience: 2 years. :D
Specialty: Banners, Avatars, Spriting
Art Program(s): GIMP, Seashore

Ahlat
10-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Well I'd like to enter to see how well i could against 5 diffrent forums.
Username:Ahlat
Art Experience: For about 2 years now but i did stop so it will actually be about .9 or 1 year.
Specialty: Banners, Avatars, Recolours, Fusions
Art Program(s):Paint, GIMP

Are we going to be spriting in this?

Black Rayquaza
10-26-2008, 09:43 PM
Project Custom Tournaments do not include spriting or fake cards....its mainly banners, avatars, fanfics, and trainer cards.

Both of you-Which tournament would you like to enter?

-Black Rayquaza

Ahlat
10-26-2008, 09:45 PM
Project Custom Tournaments do not include spriting or fake cards....its mainly banners, avatars, fanfics, and trainer cards.

-Black Rayquaza
Oh ok I'd like to enter both if that's ok.

Hihi
10-26-2008, 09:50 PM

-Black Rayquaza

If possible, Both. :D
If not, The banner contest please. :D

Black Rayquaza
10-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Oh ok I'd like to enter both if that's ok.

Thats great =] Updated.

-Black Rayquaza

EDIT:Hihi-Same =]

WETLORE99
10-26-2008, 11:20 PM
ok im gonna enter
Username: WETLORE99
Art Experience:1.5years
Specialty:Trainer cards
Art Program(s): MS Paint

Black Rayquaza
10-26-2008, 11:32 PM
ok im gonna enter
Username: WETLORE99
Art Experience:1.5years
Specialty:Trainer cards
Art Program(s): MS Paint

which tournament would you like to enter? Also, you should download an art program that supports transparency like GIMP or Paint.net

-Black Rayquaza

WETLORE99
10-27-2008, 12:20 AM
which tournament would you like to enter? Also, you should download an art program that supports transparency like GIMP or Paint.net

-Black Rayquaza

i'll enter tourny #1

Black Rayquaza
10-27-2008, 12:48 AM
i'll enter tourny #1

Alright you're added =]

Anyone else?

-Black Rayquaza

-Axel-
10-27-2008, 01:47 AM
Username: Pikachou
Art Experience: Well, Im not sure, but i think I started spriting about a year ago, but im OK
Specialty: Banners, Avatars, Spriting, and sometimes(depending on topic) Sotries
Art Program(s): MS paint, Paint.net, And gimp.
Both contest please.

Black Rayquaza
10-27-2008, 01:52 AM
Username: Pikachou
Art Experience: Well, Im not sure, but i think I started spriting about a year ago, but im OK
Specialty: Banners, Avatars, Spriting, and sometimes(depending on topic) Sotries
Art Program(s): MS paint, Paint.net, And gimp.
Both contest please.

Awesome, welcome!
-Black Rayquaza

INFERNAPE_22
10-27-2008, 03:19 AM
Hi everyone! I am INFERNAPE_22. I just signed up here, and I think I will injoy my stay on PE2K. =]

But the main reason I signed up is to judge this great contest. I am very active in the art community on PokeBeach, and I hope to be just as active here. I actually won the last season of Project Custom along with two other contestants, so I know my stuff. ;]

I am really looking foward to judging this contest and I hope we can get a few more contestants to sign up. Whoever signs up, will not regret it. This contest is alot fun and very exciting. I will be very active in this contest, so you will be seeing alot of me here. =P

Peace!

dogs rule cats drool
10-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Username dogs rule cats drool
Art Experience I started making graphics, maybe, 7-8 moths?
Specialty small signatures, buttons
Art Program(s) GIMP, MS paint

Black Rayquaza
10-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Username dogs rule cats drool
Art Experience I started making graphics, maybe, 7-8 moths?
Specialty small signatures, buttons
Art Program(s) GIMP, MS paint

Which tournament would you like to enter?

-Black Rayquaza

Moneyking63
11-01-2008, 04:28 AM
Hello everyone, Moneyking63 here, judge of the Dragon division on PokeEarth Forums. I am glad to see a decent response here but I am hoping to see PE2K make an even better respone. I can't wait to see what art that comes out of this great site! I wish you all luck and LETS SEE SOME MORE SIGNUPS!!

Hihi
11-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Umm... Nov. 1st is here! :D Theme please?

Black Rayquaza
11-01-2008, 05:32 PM
The first challenges will be announced later today....I would like to give some time for any last minute sign ups....hopefully we'll get a few more and we can get this thing started. Expect the first challenges up soon.

-Black Rayquaza

Ahlat
11-01-2008, 05:37 PM
The first challenges will be announced later today....I would like to give some time for any last minute sign ups....hopefully we'll get a few more and we can get this thing started. Expect the first challenges up soon.

-Black Rayquaza
Ok that's good can't wait to start. :biggrin:

Eeveedude
11-01-2008, 07:43 PM

-Black Rayquaza

Username: Eeveedude
Art Experience: I don't know but I would guess about 7-9 months
Specialty: Banners, Avatars, Sprites
Art Program(s): Gimp(for banners and Avvies) MS Paint(for sprites)

I'd like to enter both contests please.

Black Rayquaza
11-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks for signing up =] You have been added. Hope to see more signups today before I announce the first challenges.

-Black Rayquaza

Ahlat
11-02-2008, 01:19 AM
Thanks for signing up =] You have been added. Hope to see more signups today before I announce the first challenges.

-Black Rayquaza
So what's the first challenge?

Black Rayquaza
11-02-2008, 01:54 AM
Well, it is that time for me to announce the start of the PC3 Season! The staff and I are very exciting to unveil what we've been preparing for for quite some time =] Without further ado, lets get this show on the road.

Tournament #1-PC3 Custom Banner Challenge (PE2K Site)
Challenge #1:Create a Pokemon Region themed custom banner. No made up regions will be allowed. So using Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn or Sinnoh as your theme, create your custom banner. Try to use only the pokemon from your region to make the piece show your theme more. Be creative, and we hope to see great things from you =]
Due Date: Saturday November 8th 2008 10 PM EST.

Tournament #2-PC3 Custom Avatar Challenge (PE2K Site)
Challenge #1: Create a custom avatar with a gym leader theme =] You must pick one of the real Pokemon Gym Leaders and theme your avatar after that gym and it's leader. Avatars must be no larger than 125x125 but smaller sizes are allowed as well. Try to set your avatar apart from the rest!
Due Date: Saturday November 8th 2008 10 PM EST.

As updated on the main post, here are some basic rules to know for PC3.
1. All pieces submitted in PC3 will be pokemon related. If it isn't, you will get a 0 on the challenge, no matter how good it is.
2. Be Respectful to all competing artists and staff.
3. Any questions with rules or anything of that sort please PM me.
4. There is a strict rule regarding Deviant Art usage in Project Custom Tournaments. We need permission from the artist IN WRITING, PMd to us before you turn in your piece. Without it we will automatically give you a 0 for that challenge.
5. Enjoy the competition! More information on the rules and regulations will be given as the first challenges play out.

The Challenge Starts now....please get started. Remember incentives will be given if you get it in early =]

Thanks,
-Black Rayquaza

INFERNAPE_22
11-02-2008, 03:36 PM
So it begins.

Good luck on the first challenge everyone!

Eeveedude
11-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Banner Entry
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa229/1eeveedude3/Banners%20and%20Userbars/Kanto.png
Here is my entry. For my incentive I would like feedback on my banner. You can PM it to me. Thanks:biggrin:

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa229/1eeveedude3/Avatars/Volkner.png
For my incentive for this entry I would like the extra points.

Nitro
11-04-2008, 05:03 AM
Username: U-B-3-R, though you can call me Nitro
Art Experience: Couple years, though I'm kinda rusty atm cuz I haven't done it for a while. XP
Specialty: I really dunno... All-around?
Art Program(s): GIMP, MS Paint

If it's not too late to enter, I'll enter both.

Black Rayquaza
11-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Username: U-B-3-R, though you can call me Nitro
Art Experience: Couple years, though I'm kinda rusty atm cuz I haven't done it for a while. XP
Specialty: I really dunno... All-around?
Art Program(s): GIMP, MS Paint

If it's not too late to enter, I'll enter both.

it isnt, just know you have the same due date as everyone else for the first challenge =]

eeveedude-Feedback will be coming later today.

-Black Rayquaza

-Axel-
11-08-2008, 02:14 AM
Jhoto Banner:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/Waveslayer007/jhoto.png
Pokemon Gym avatar:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/Waveslayer007/frameses.gif

Ahlat
11-08-2008, 03:26 AM
Sinnoh Banner:
http://i35.tinypic.com/15rjyc1.png
I'd like your feedback on this.

Gym Leader Avvie:
http://i33.tinypic.com/33m0ww8.png
I'd like to have extra points for this.

good thing i got that 5 minutes before deadline time. :tongue:

EDIT: Good morning, today's the day for judging :)

Eeveedude
11-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I will probly regret switching but oh well. I want to trade my first banner with this one.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa229/1eeveedude3/Banners%20and%20Userbars/kanto-1.png

Btw in case there is any question I live in the Eastern US and it is only 10:35am here.

Black Rayquaza
11-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Glad to see entries getting in!

-Black Rayquaza

WETLORE99
11-08-2008, 06:11 PM
i am going to pull out sorry :oops:

Black Rayquaza
11-08-2008, 10:26 PM
i am going to pull out sorry :oops:

Thats too bad :/

-Black Rayquaza

Eeveedude
11-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Thats too bad :/

-Black Rayquaza

Sooooo... When are the results? I do not have any intensions of rushing you so don't get the wrong idea:eek:

Black Rayquaza
11-11-2008, 11:44 PM
Words cannot express how truly sorry I am for how late these scorings are...it's been a rough, lazy, tired, busy, amazing week, but here I am with the scoring (finally!)

Remember Each Entry will be graded on a 100 Point Rubric. The rubric(s) are as follows:

Graphic Art Rubric (Banners, Avatars, Trainer Cards)
Style: x/20
Originality and use of color: x/20
Relation to the Challenge: x/20
General Effects: x/20
Effort: x/10
Overall: x/10
Total: x/100

If your entry does not fit the requirements of the challenge, that will be taken out of your overall score.

With that out of the way, lets get to the judging.

B-Ray's Scores-Custom Banner Challenge (Challenge #1)

Pikachou's Entry
Style: 18/20 Very well done retro theme here....great work.
Originality and use of color: 19/20 Very original and a wide range of colors as well.
Relation to the Challenge: 20/20 Represents the theme well.
General Effects: 16/20 You had major issues on the text.....for one hardly any of it is easy to read....and you spelled Jhoto wrong on the bottom xD Also, I would have put the Lugia image in the water and made the Totadile more Opaque....you can see his foot in the water and it annoys the heck out of me.
Effort: 8.5/10 Looks like you put some serious effort into this...good work.
Overall: 9/10
Total: 90.5/100

Ahlat's Entry
http://i35.tinypic.com/15rjyc1.png
Style: 17/20 A nice, clean banner showing the delights of Sinnoh...a little plain, but not too bad.
Originality and use of color: 17/20 Not very original, but you used a wide range of colors.
Relation to the Challenge: 19/20 I wish you would have done more with it, but it looks alright and does what it said to do.
General Effects: 16/20 The area around Infernape isn't clean......I dont know if that was purposely done, but it hurt the visual. Also, try to avoid putting the text RIGHT in front of the main part of the banner....you can make it smaller and stick it in a corner, that usually works well.
Effort: 7/10 Not too much went into this, but not a bad banner.
Overall: 7/10
Total: 83/100

eeveedude's Entry
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa229/1eeveedude3/Banners%20and%20Userbars/kanto-1.png
Style: 18.5/20 The banner just LOOKS good.....very awesome style put on this.
Originality and use of color: 20/20 What can I say, it looks great and I'm a sucker for two-tone =]
Relation to the Challenge: 19/20 Relates pretty well, I just wish it wasn't SO literal.
General Effects: 17/20 Simple idea, but executed well and it same out nice and clean. However, I must wonder why Venusaur isn't with Red when the background is Green......I would have done that and put Blastoise in the middle with some kind of blue circular portion of the banner....
Effort: 9/10 I can see some major improvements from the first draft....nice job.
Overall: 8.5/10
Total: 92/100

Challenge #1 Scoreboard
1. eeveedude-92
2. Pikachou-90.5
3. Ahlat-83
Hihi-DNP
WETLORE99-DNP
U-B-3-R-DNP

50% completion rate worries me....make sure you get your entries in for the next challenge guys!

B-Ray's Scores-Custom Avatar Challenge (Challenge #1)

eeveedude's Entry
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa229/1eeveedude3/Avatars/Volkner.png
Style: 19/20 Good work using the background and the render and the sprites to bring it all into a general themed avatar.
Originality and use of color: 17.5/20 Stuck with the general scheme and it looks well....some more originality would have been nice.
Relation to the Challenge: 20/20 This avatar relates very well to the gym theme.
General Effects: 17.5/20 Looks good, but sprites on an avatar is quite weird.
Effort: 9/10 Good effort and good work with this =]
Overall: 8.5/10
Total: 93.5/100 +2 Added

Pikachou's Entry
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/Waveslayer007/frameses.gif
Style: 13/20 This worries me.....I dont get how the background makes ANY sense to the point of this challenge.
Originality and use of color: 16/20 You used color, but not in the way I was hoping for.
Relation to the Challenge: 15/20 It relates but not very well.
General Effects: 16/20 Why is the Random Animating Starmie there and what is up with that background? The effect was very wrong here :(
Effort: 5/10 This looks like there wasn't any effort put into this.
Overall: 5/10
Total: 70/100

Ahlat's Entry
http://i33.tinypic.com/33m0ww8.png
Style: 18/20 Good use of images to bring everything together.....although I would have put the overworlds at lower opacity.
Originality and use of color: 17/20 Not a ton of color, but a good idea that was done nicely.
Relation to the Challenge: 19/20 It relates well enough =]
General Effects: 18/20 The idea of adding sprites to a Sugimori is unusual but it works alright in this. Not bad =]
Effort: 8.5/10 I can see some effort here....good work.
Overall: 8/10
Total: 88.5/100

Challenge #1 Scoreboard
1. eeveedude-93.5
2. Ahlat-88.5
3. Pikachou-70
Hihi-DNP
U-B-3-R-DNP

So there are the scores. The next challenges and Tournament #3 will be posted once all the judges scores are in. Judges you may now begin to judge =]

Thanks,
-Black Rayquaza

INFERNAPE_22
11-12-2008, 03:20 PM
My scores will be in today, I promise. =]

Eeveedude
11-12-2008, 10:56 PM
B-Ray's Scores-Custom Banner Challenge (Challenge #1)

Pikachou's Entry
Style: 18/20 Very well done retro theme here....great work.
Originality and use of color: 19/20 Very original and a wide range of colors as well.
Relation to the Challenge: 20/20 Represents the theme well.
General Effects: 16/20 You had major issues on the text.....for one hardly any of it is easy to read....and you spelled Jhoto wrong on the bottom xD Also, I would have put the Lugia image in the water and made the Totadile more Opaque....you can see his foot in the water and it annoys the heck out of me.
Effort: 8.5/10 Looks like you put some serious effort into this...good work.
Overall: 9/10
Total: 90.5/100

Thanks,
-Black Rayquaza

Just to be totally fair... I'm not sure if it affected her score but Johto is actually spelled J-o-h-t-o (I checked on google).

Thanks for the scores I seriously did not think I would win.:happy:
Good job everyone else!

INFERNAPE_22
11-13-2008, 04:09 AM
Sorry for the wait everyone.

Here are my scores:
--------------------------

BANNER CHALLENGE:

Pikachou

Style: 19/20. The backround is very well done, and very detailed. Great job.
Originality and use of color: 20/20. Copletely original, I have never seen anything like it.
Relation to the Challenge: 20/20.
General Effects: 17/20. Like B-Ray stated, the text is almost impossible to read.
Effort: 9/10. This must have taken awhile.
Overall: 9/10. I love it! It is so unique. You really pulled off the retro theme well.
Total: 94/100

Ahlat

Style: 16/20. I like it...the text is a little plaine though.
Originality and use of color: 15.5/20. The colors are great, but the Pokemon images you used or so over-used.
General Effects: 17/20. Nice job. I really don't like the thick black border though. =/
Effort: 6.5/10. Looks to basic. =/
Overall: 6.5/10. Ehh...nothing really stands out to me.
Total: 81.5/100

eeveedude

Style: 19/20. The whole banner has a very cool style about it. Nice job.
Originality and use of color: 18/20. The color choices are great, especially around the text.
General Effects: 17.5/20. The trainer images are to fuzzy...
Effort: 9.5/10. I see alot of effort in this.
Overall: 9/10. The whole thing blends so well, I love it. Very well done.
Total: 93/100

==================================================

eeveedude

Style: 18/20. The backround is a great fit with the trainer, however, I really don't like to see sprites mixed in without a sprited backround.
Originality and use of color: 16/20. Nothing to original.....
General Effects: 17/20. The backround has a good effect, but the sprites kinda kill it. =/
Effort: 8.5/10.
Overall: 8/10. I do like it, but I wish you had added some text, instead of sprites.
Total: 87.5/100

Pikachou's

Style: 10/20. This looks very random... and the backround is just the render effect on P.net...
Originality and use of color: 13/20. To many random colors flying around.
Relation to the Challenge: 15/20. You got the general idea, but did not exacute it well.
General Effects: 15.5/20. Like B-Ray pointed out, the dancing Starmie does not fit at all.
Effort: 5.5/10. It looks like it was a last minute entry...
Overall: 5/10. It looked like a bunch of ideas thrown together...and it did not work out well.
Total: 64/100

Ahlat's Entry

Style: 17/20. Very cool, but the sprites overpower the main image....
Originality and use of color: 17/20. With the exception of the sprites, everything blends very well.
General Effects: 16/20. The sprites kill it.
Effort: 8.5/10.
Overall: 7.5/10. I really like it...but I just hate seeing sprites on avatars.
Total: 86/100

===========================================

Black Rayquaza
11-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Just to be totally fair... I'm not sure if it affected her score but Johto is actually spelled J-o-h-t-o (I checked on google).

Thanks for the scores I seriously did not think I would win.:happy:
Good job everyone else!

Did you not read what I said????

Please read better BEFORE trying to belittle the competition....I know how to rate art, I've been doing this for quite awhile xD

Remember the winner is not decided until ALL of the scores are in for ALL THREE Challenges....then an average score will be made, and winners will be decided that way, so if you bombed this first entry, get back on the train and work harder next challenge!

The Next Challenge as well as Tournament #3 will be announced when Seawolf scores.

-Black Rayquaza

Eeveedude
11-14-2008, 01:11 AM
Did you not read what I said????

Please read better BEFORE trying to belittle the competition....I know how to rate art, I've been doing this for quite awhile xD

Remember the winner is not decided until ALL of the scores are in for ALL THREE Challenges....then an average score will be made, and winners will be decided that way, so if you bombed this first entry, get back on the train and work harder next challenge!

The Next Challenge as well as Tournament #3 will be announced when Seawolf scores.

-Black Rayquaza

I wasn't trying to belittle anyone I was just trying to help make sure she wasn't penalized for spelling Johto wrong. Sorry I didn't mean it in a bad way.:oops:

Hihi
11-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Darnit, i'm late. D;
And i Like My Entry a Lot! DX
Oh Well.

Black Fox of the Darkness
11-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Is it too late to sign up?
Username:Blackness777
Art Experience:Spriting. A little Banner making.
Specialty:Spriting
Art Program(s):Paint, GIMP.

~Black~

Black Rayquaza
11-14-2008, 09:33 PM
Darnit, i'm late. D;
And i Like My Entry a Lot! DX
Oh Well.

Just make sure you complete the rest of the challenges in both tournaments =]

BLACKNESS-The third tournament will be announced as soon as Seawolf's scoring is posted and you are more than welcome to join that =]

-Black Rayquaza