PDA

View Full Version : pokemon Crystal team

flyinfishy05
06-17-2005, 07:45 PM
what 3 pokes should i add to my totadile geodude and pikachu?

!CeMAn
06-17-2005, 10:15 PM
is it in-game or competetive??

in-game you want a flyer. i recommend Farfetch'd cuz he cut cut too.
Ratata is one of my favourites to pimp around in-game. Maybe another water type you can load up with Waterfall, Whirlpool later on. Poliwags are good for that cuz they can learn strength aswell. Just pick your favourites!

if this is competetive, wait for somebody else to guide you. Not many people agree with my style of team building lol.

Matt
06-17-2005, 10:38 PM
If you want a bunch of HM slaves, and you're in the beginning, listen to !ceman. Otherwise, raise your team a little higher before we give you three more pokemon.

!CeMAn
06-17-2005, 11:24 PM
Whenever i'm playing the basic game i always keep about 2 HM slaves at pathetic levels which i never use and keep the other 3 or 4 slots with decent pokes with DECENT moves. Begining or end.

Amaru
06-18-2005, 11:56 PM
I use HM slaves, but I still raise a team of six. I withdraw HM slaves when they're needed, otherwise my party are all team members. I'd use surf on a team member, and strength until my pogeys love me enough to use return.

Anyway since none of your pokemon have evolved yet, Im guessing you havent progressed far, if thats the case, leave your team as is. Dont have a full team so early in the game, you're team wont grow as fast, and there are WAY better pokemon to capture later.

!CeMAn
06-19-2005, 01:50 AM
i always keep a Farfetch'd in my party, but still never train him. Sometimes he gets residual exp and gains a level now and then, but that's it. CUT and especially FLY are always being used. Surf is usually on a party member. For the rest(flash, waterfall, whirlpool, rock smash, strength) i store slaves. An in-game traded Voltorb 4 flash, a Poliwhirl 4 waterfall, strength and whirlpool. i think Rock Smash is on a Ratatta somewhere...

i don't care about having a full team when i play the game. 4 pokes is more than enough to do anything. i usually only keep 1 or 2 and just tag when it comes to reviving or whatever.

mlugia
06-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Krabby is one of the premier HM slaves.

Cut, Surf, Strength, Rock smash, Whirlpool (I think)

Flash isn't really necessary till you hit Red, which you could always used Noctowl (Flash, Fly) for...

Loyal Arcanine
06-20-2005, 05:40 PM
In-game trainers are so stupid, certainly in GSC. For Red, I would have something like Espeon with Flash. It didn't need a fourth competitive move anyway. :rolleyes:

Celebi22
07-07-2005, 08:34 PM
what 3 pokes should i add to my totadile geodude and pikachu?

If you really want to know the Pokes you are going to use against strong opponents(not HM slaves...plzzzzz!!! :rolleyes: ).Well here is the list:

As I think you probably are going to evolve your Totodile,Geodude,Pikachu

Feraligator
Raichu
Graveler/Golem
Dragon Pokemon(catch a Dragonair with a Super Rod in the Dragon's Den and evole it into Dragonite)
Fire Pokemon(up to your choice,but I'd recommend to catch a Growlithe from route 36 and evolve it into Arcanine with a Fire Stone got in Johto by taking Alan schoolboy's number and if you go to New Bark Town and change the day-light saving time you might get a phone call from him and he might have a Fire Stone for you)
Phychic Pokemon(Kadabra/Alakazam)

HM Slaves:
Krabby:Cut,Waterfall,Whirlpool
Noctowl:Fly,Flash
Onix:Strength

As for Surf let your Feraligator learn it cause Surf is a powerful move..

Hope this helps :smile:

mlugia
07-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Would like to point out that thread has been inactive for over 2 weeks...