PDA

View Full Version : Computer Saftey

Yoda55
02-21-2009, 01:52 AM
Who actually listions to that garbage? Like don't post images of yourself, don't share your e-mail addres. STUPID, VERY STUPID!:dazed:

Bryce
02-21-2009, 01:58 AM
Who actually listions to that garbage? Like don't post images of yourself, don't share your e-mail addres, don't meet up with someone in person. STUPID, VERY STUPID!:dazed:

Oh. That's... cool.

... What's your purpose in making this thread, I ask?

Kylee the Larvitar
02-21-2009, 01:59 AM
But... but...
I've done all of the above. :dazed:

See how cool I am?

Not very.
Haha.

Light_Sky
02-21-2009, 02:06 AM
Actually, it's a good thing. If you could meet up with some unknown person. You could get....
I'm ending there.

~あっさりした_スカイ

Frostbitten
02-21-2009, 02:47 AM
Rape.
That is why we need to know that information.
Most smart people I think follow that though.
You are a total idiot if you put your number on a website and think someone will not call you.
*Cough*Certain member*Cough*

Professor Geoffrey
02-21-2009, 03:04 AM
Who actually listions to that garbage? Like don't post images of yourself, don't share your e-mail addres, don't meet up with someone in person. STUPID, VERY STUPID!:dazed:

I only agree with the last one. Most people online I know I wouldn't trust with my address. There's only three people on this forum I can trust with my address, but I give out my e-mail address and picture all the time!

Lord Celebi
02-21-2009, 04:53 AM

Sharing personal information is a bad thing in general. With the Internet, you want to remain as anonymous as you possibly can, or things will come back to haunt you. I go to GREAT lengths to protect even the most minute of my personal details (my age, grade, name, etc).

And, obviously, you want to be very cautious when meeting up with someone in real life. Not just because of rape, but because of potential murder, theft, or all sorts of bad things. :/

I only agree with the last one. Most people online I know I wouldn't trust with my address. There's only three people on this forum I can trust with my address, but I give out my e-mail address and picture all the time!
Well, you had better trust Ryan and the man who owns this server with your address too, because they can now access it if you've shared it on PE2K. Essentially, whatever you say on the Internet can be intercepted by whoever owns the server you use. Why trust anyone at all with such a thing? You don't need it to converse with people on the Internet.

Synester
02-21-2009, 04:57 AM
Who actually listions to that garbage? Like don't post images of yourself, don't share your e-mail addres, don't meet up with someone in person. STUPID, VERY STUPID!:dazed:When you're the one getting raped cause you met up with some random dude on the internet, I will be the one laughing.

Lord Celebi
02-21-2009, 05:09 AM
When you're the one getting raped cause you met up with some random dude on the internet, I will be the one laughing.

You reminded me of a hilarious image.

http://a4.vox.com/6a00c2251d19928e1d00e398cfebfc0004-500pi

It has nothing to do with the conversation, but amusing nonetheless.

Charbok
02-21-2009, 05:25 AM
Rape.
That is why we need to know that information.
Most smart people I think follow that though.
You are a total idiot if you put your number on a website and think someone will not call you.
*Cough*Certain member*Cough*

I put mine up here on Pe2k and !ceman called me.
It was really, really awkward.

Lord Fedora
02-21-2009, 05:26 AM

The first one, you're going to get an almost perfectly harmonious "no I don't" from all but the most protective. Have you seen the "What do YOU look like" thread? PE2K is full of camwhores.

Second one, it depends. There are two conditions. One, when originally prompted to give your name when signing up for the account, if you put your real name, then don't. Second, if you know the person to be a really good hacker, then don't do it then too.

As for the third... that one I'm iffy on. I wouldn't meet an online friend irl unless I had not a shadow of a sliver of a doubt in my mind that they are who they say they are. As of yet, I only have that faith in two people here.

Shadow Eevee
02-21-2009, 05:41 AM
For emails, I have a few. :x I have one for registering stuff, one personal one, etc. I know people on this forum who give each other numbers, and even dated at one point. It was kind of stupid, considering one of the people knows the other person's number now, but yeah, whatever.

Wouldn't this be internet safety?

Sixto
02-21-2009, 06:03 AM
But... but...
I've done all of the above. :dazed:

See how cool I am?

Not very.
Haha.
And I've seen all of them! :wink2:

No, but yeah, it should be up to you. Just be careful. I'm pretty sure people know my name, middle name (now, username!) age, height, weight, favorite color, etc. About the only thing I haven't given out is my mailing address.

Might as well give that out:

2000 Elite St
Quahog, TX, 95386

Dark Turtwig
02-21-2009, 06:28 AM

I know, I LOVE to get raped by strange men on the internet, don't you?
Just yesterday I met up with this 14 year old girl who happened to be a man in his late 40's!
:o

Vlad The Impaler
02-21-2009, 12:43 PM
I've put out my picture and told people I live in England, but that's about it. I've only told my name to about 4 or 5 people on this forum who I can really trust.

Void
02-21-2009, 02:11 PM
I've put out my picture and told people I live in England, but that's about it. I've only told my name to about 4 or 5 people on this forum who I can really trust.

So Carl isn't your name?

The Admiral GiMoo
02-21-2009, 10:56 PM
I don;t really care about safety. I've posted my name in one of the threads here in Other.