PDA

View Full Version : .

Arate
03-06-2009, 05:13 PM

Dr Scott
03-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Not especially. My graduating class was 20 people, so we all got along and were basically family. I'd play Halo with the football players, eat lunch with the potheads, and joke around with the girls.

Obviously there were to an extent; football players hung out with each other after school, etc. but only because of personality and hobby similarities.

Professor Geoffrey
03-06-2009, 09:19 PM
I joke that my little circle of friends is a clique, but we're not all that serious about it. But we're basically a group of people who have the greatest obsession of anime, manga, and most things Japanese out of the entire school. Even more than the Japanese kids themselves.

And, if it were, I'd be considered the "leader" or "most popular" out of the group. I get my reputation from my last name. Let's just say one of my many nicknames in the halls from class-to-class is "G.P." Also, I get my reputation for my undefeated obsession of Pokemon - it's unbeatable. I think I'd be considered the leader because I hold the group together. If I wasn't in the group, our group would pretty much fall apart, because some of my friends aren't friendly with each other, at least not with me around. And, of course, because of my unbeatable obsessions.

I also do not really see any cliques around the school because our area is rather friendly, especially considering the fact that I live near D.C. However, there is a group of people I consider a cult versus a clique - most of the guitar players. They treat each other like they are superior to all others - the jocks, the cheerleaders, the marching band members; everyone.

Yoda55
03-06-2009, 09:19 PM
Yeah. there is this group of kids that have the "hot girls and the "cool guys". They go around asking people who they like and stuff. One asked me, and I kicked him as hard as I could in the balls. He deserved that.

Dark Turtwig
03-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Yeah. there is this group of kids that have the "hot girls and the "cool guys". They go around asking people who they like and stuff. One asked me, and I kicked him as hard as I could in the balls. He deserved that.

In the 5th grade? :X
I read threads.

I'm homeshcooled, so obviously not. xD
But at high school I'm going to next year, I'm sure there are cliques. I'd imagine I'd fall in with the average people, even though I play baseball every single season I can, and am pretty confident I can make it on the baseball team.

Tombi
03-06-2009, 09:57 PM
... Uh.

Okay, I guess we got the real popular, fashion conscious people who know everybody 'important' and b*tch about everyone else... the people who only like music if it's played on the radio and don't like anything different from themselves.

Then we got... well, my mates call 'em 'the rejects' but I don't go that far. xD They're the people who tried to fit in with everyone else but failed so made their own little group and mind their own business. For some reason, they are all highly irritating. = _=

And then we got... the people between the real popular people and 'the rejects'. I guess I belong to a sort of branch from these guys only higher up. We're the metalheads who spend break/lunch out of the front of the school, listening to music, destroying the younger kids who dare call us 'emo', moshing casually and throwing stuff everywhere. A lot of people from different parts of the school come out to join in with us because it's highly entertaining. xD

We almost got a group of younger students expelled from school a couple of days ago. One of them insulted me then pushed my boyfriend, which drove him to smashing the kid into the door, into the wall, pinning him to the floor and beating the living daylights out of him. He was driven to it, trust me. He doesn't normally resort to violence, which is why he didn't get into trouble, as it was basically proof that we'd been provoked.

But anyway. Yeah, our little group of friends... we're the mental kids who do anything for a laugh, and everybody knows who we are.

Game Over
03-06-2009, 10:43 PM
There really are no cliques at my school, the only cliques I really know of is cool kids, not cool kids, and Dirt Bags. I personally believe I am between cool kids and not cool kids.

Frostbitten
03-07-2009, 02:53 AM
We have them.
I go to a High School Where the Country kids meet with the city kids.
I hate it.
You have all the kids talking in country tones that annoy the hell out of me.
They stuff their jeans in their boots.
"I caughta cooonn"
It seems like it is just one big hoedown. xD
------
We also have the groups of jocks.
They believe they are so athletic and love to shove it down peoples throats.
------
Then we have the group that all the jocks call the "EMOs".
When they aren't.
I know this because all of these people are my friends.
They think just because you were converse or have a pair of skinny jeans that you cut yourself and stuff.
It makes me sick.
I have jumped down many peoples throats for this.
I hate it when people make fun of my friends.
------
All around I hate Cliques.
They bug me and they are stupid.

Woodchuck
03-07-2009, 03:39 AM
Cliques at my school? Nope. Which is odd, as it's got all the other drama/stupid crap of a normal high school. I guess there's certain groups of kids that hang out exclusively with one another, but they never get branded as a certain clique.

Where do I fit into this? I'm not popular by any means, but I'm pretty nice to everybody, and I've got quite a large friend base. I don't really fit into a clique. I'm just normal. =/

-Jake-

Blast the Stereo
03-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Basically, we only really have 2 cliques at my school: the rich kids, and the not.

I, [un]fortunately belong to the latter. But I don't care. The rich kids are total jerks anyway.

Me and my close group of friends aren't neccesarily a clique, but we definitely don't really fit in very well.

As for me, I'm really just that skinny indie kid who wears lots of bright clothes and skinny jeans [pretty much the only guy that does, so it's apparently a big deal].

Fire Away
03-07-2009, 12:02 PM
I have a circle of friends who I see a lot and hang out with often, and then friends who I don't see as often because they're usually with their own little circles. I don't know if there's some kind of name you could put on my friends and I though. We're just there. :x

Yoda55
03-07-2009, 12:06 PM
In the 5th grade? :X
I read threads.

I'm homeshcooled, so obviously not. xD
But at high school I'm going to next year, I'm sure there are cliques. I'd imagine I'd fall in with the average people, even though I play baseball every single season I can, and am pretty confident I can make it on the baseball team.

Yup. We both got in trouble, but I never got asked again!:biggrin:
I fall in as a nerdy guy XD

Kendo
03-07-2009, 07:21 PM
I have a lot of racially-seperated groups at my school, for some reason.

There's the cool girls, who always blab to one another and never get into my business, really. A few of them are from my school last year.

There's the cool older boys, who always discuss video games and private parts, oddly enough.

There's the Chinese girls, who have high-pitched screams and come up with some of the worst comeback lines ever. Only a select few non-chinese girls hang out with them. Usually seperated by classroom. They often have bad grammar.

There's the Chinese boys, somewhere between normal and nerd, who talk about video games and Bakugan Battle Brawlers. They like Pokemon and LOVE Yu-Gi-Oh a lot.

There's the black girls, who are, mostly, bullies, or are at least rude.

There's the other mini-groups scattered around the school, groups that just gravitate inwards at a converging point and bond together. This, I am a part of. I belong to a group of about 5. (We keep picking up the people who speak bad English in our class. WHY!?!?)

And there are the few people, the lowest of the low, that a lot of people seems to hate. They either annoy or get into other peoples' business too much. They usually have followers, though.

Hihi
03-07-2009, 09:17 PM
In my school, we have:

-The "Cool" Kids that walk around, make fun of people, and deserve to burn in hell :)

-The Group of psychotic walnuts that are uberly awesome, yet have no life. (Me! :o)

-The friendless avocadoes. :(

George Jefferson
03-08-2009, 03:08 AM
The only Clique I know of is Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Paul Leveqsue, Michael Higgenbottom, and Sean Waltman.

EDIT: Pic found for those not knowing of the 90's.

http://olympia.fortunecity.com/norman/384/kliq.jpg

Lonsie
03-09-2009, 02:16 AM
Um, yeah.

For boys there is the super jock/arsehole people and the geeks who spend every waking moment playing video games. Then there are a few people like me, guys who mainly hang out with girls and other girly dudes. Mostly people in drama, 'cause Drama Geeks are the most awesome.

For girls, um, there is the popular and the not popular. Simple as that, at least to me. *lolboyishfail*

atucker22
03-15-2009, 01:16 PM
All of you who say there aren't cliques aren't looking hard enough.

At my school there is
"the jocks" many of which are jerks, not all though
"the hot chicks" many of which aren't hot
"the semi-popular" The kids that aren't jocks but they're not average
"the infamous" the pothead/skateboarder/snowborder/stupid kids
"the losers" the kids nobody wants to be around/kids that are hated by jocks
"the 'horsefreaks'" we call them that, but they're girls who are very obbsessed with horses and we also fit the fat girls and emo girls in there too (Yes they're really emo)
"the average" the kids that everybody knows and likes but they're not labeled 'popular' (me^)
"the semi-average" the kids that most know, but not called 'losers'

that's about it, and there are probably kids that fit into these in every school across the world.

TeirusuFX
03-15-2009, 03:00 PM
I don't pay attention to the cliques in my school

Because of that matter, I have to be one of 'ordinary normal everyday' people

♪テイルス♪
♫Teirusu♫

Babii Pikachu
03-15-2009, 06:39 PM
I hate cliques, and sadly, I'm part of the worst one. You could consider me a jock... x[

I don't annoy people, or make fun of someone, unless of course they deserve it. But all my best friends are jocks. And they aren't in anyway arseholes/asses :P

jock/popular - me
girly girls -
nerds/jerks -

x]

Soda
03-15-2009, 09:10 PM
I joke that my little circle of friends is a clique, but we're not all that serious about it. But we're basically a group of people who have the greatest obsession of anime, manga, and most things Japanese out of the entire school. Even more than the Japanese kids themselves.

And, if it were, I'd be considered the "leader" or "most popular" out of the group. I get my reputation from my last name. Let's just say one of my many nicknames in the halls from class-to-class is "G.P." Also, I get my reputation for my undefeated obsession of Pokemon - it's unbeatable. I think I'd be considered the leader because I hold the group together. If I wasn't in the group, our group would pretty much fall apart, because some of my friends aren't friendly with each other, at least not with me around. And, of course, because of my unbeatable obsessions.

I also do not really see any cliques around the school because our area is rather friendly, especially considering the fact that I live near D.C. However, there is a group of people I consider a cult versus a clique - most of the guitar players. They treat each other like they are superior to all others - the jocks, the cheerleaders, the marching band members; everyone.

Doesn't sound as impressive as you must think it does. :-*

Oh, btw, not really. Everyone hangs out with each other. Except for the people who try to be different/emo. >.> They are such wannabes, lol. Even though I do talk to them, not many people do.

Maybe it's just me, though. I talk to everybody and joke around with my penor

Atropos
03-18-2009, 11:28 PM
Wow...I thought that almost all schools had as many cliques as mine. I guess my school is just abnormal.

We have the:

Preps-At the top of the social ladder, they wear clothes such as American Eagle, Abercrombie, Hollister, Aeropostale, and the like. Most of the jocks are preps, so they don't have their own clique. It's actually frowned upon in my school for non-preps to join sports.

Goths/Emos-A very large clique, they dress in all black, and wear chains and such. A favorite store of theirs is Hot Topic. The Goths and Emos are put in the same clique, but there's a small difference in the two groups. The Emo kids are actually emo. They tend to not socialize with others outside of their own clique. Very hardcore Goths and Emos are seen with piercings such as snakebites and ear guages. They are also the polar opposite of Preps.

Skaters-This clique is smaller than most, but well-known. Every Skater can, of course, use a skateboard. They are very social, and interact with most other cliques. They often wear earthy-colored jackets and hoodies.

Scenes-An all-female clique, they are the woman counterpart of Skaters. They usually wear black shirts with neon-colored writing and pictures on it. They tease their hair to make it look very big. Another very social clique.

Skaters

DragoniteMistress
03-18-2009, 11:31 PM
Really small town. I mean, at least 1/4 of my grade lives on a farm or owns a cow/horse :s

So, no. Everyone knows everyone and for the most part gets along with everyone, unless you like, try to start drama. Then you have hell :x

AngelWings_KoKoPuff
03-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Cliques at my school... Hm.
We have:
Preps - Just like many other places, the bubblegum-chewing, pop-freaks, pink-wearing people (this coming from a dark chick.). Mainly girls... They have many, many friends and wear 'Hollister,' 'Abercrombie,' etc.
Jocks - The sporty guys... Most guys are in this group.
"The Emo Goths" - Yep, me and my friends got our own group. We're the emo goths, xD, because we wear black a lot. We also include one skater. Ha ha.
Skaters - The other goths. Really, they're just the goths that happen to own Heelys or skateboards.
The Popular Crowd - The people everyone knows. A.K.A, the skaters. I know, weird.
The Nerds - The guys that sit around with Nintendo DS's or Gameboys, still play like they're in their videogames, etc. Really doesn't include any girls.
The Average - The people who just sort of blend in.
The "Other Rejects" - The other people who don't fit but aren't skater-emo-goth.
The Hippies - The nature-loving environmentalists.
The Pregnant Girls - Consists of 3 pregnant girls.

....I think I covered everyone.

Uomo
03-23-2009, 06:12 AM
So there's some pretty awesome cliques at my school.

The choir/band kids "preppy": The popular singers who are dating manwhores and calling others inferior.
The choir/band kids "alternative": The socially awkward folks who stick to their own peers, but are kind and nice.
The rebels: Dorks who wear leather and listen to Queen. :P
Posers: Anyone who dare puts a knife to their wrist to be "in" with other posers.
Orchestra kids: The awesomesauce people who are shy and kind yet popular with others.
Nerds: People who crack jokes about someone making the Wheel of Theodorus wrong.
Art folk: Alternative (or preppy) people who chat about what colors go with other colors and how they do in classes.

And that's all the stereotyping I can write in one post. :D

Splishee
03-23-2009, 10:28 AM
The Pregnant Girls - Consists of 3 pregnant girls.

BAHAHAHA!

I laughed irl at that. xD

Anywho.

I don't know... we don't exactly have 'cliques', just a few groups of people that think they're hella awesome (and... they're not. Obviously.), skanks, and average people.

We don't really have 'nerds'... that I know of. Maybe I'm a nerd. That might be why I don't think we have nerds. o.o

... :D

Stardy
03-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Yup, there is a lot in my school. Because I cba to type them all up though, I'll just say the one i'm in. x:

I'm in 'The British' Clique. Member's change all the time, I think me and my brother are the only two who have been in it since the start, or if not the start, we have been in the longest anyway. It's currently Me, My Brother, My Mum's Best Friend's Daughters and an Irish Girl who just moved to Turkey. We talk about crap, play Hide and Seek, get insulted by Turkish people who think we don't understand Turkish and kill eachother on Trampolines by either pretending we are wrestlers, suicidal or just want to do something that kills eachother for no reason whatsoever.

Tis fun. :D

The only Clique I know of is Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Paul Leveqsue, Michael Higgenbottom, and Sean Waltman.

I never knew Sean Waltman was a part of the Kliq.
I learn something new everyday then.

Mewchirio
03-23-2009, 05:04 PM
There was at my school, but they seem to have dissappitated (is that a word?) recently. I talk to loads of people. except for the bigamists. They don't have interesting conversations.

~Mewchirio~

Ridley
03-23-2009, 07:05 PM
"The Emo Goths" - Yep, me and my friends got our own group. We're the emo goths, xD, because we wear black a lot. We also include one skater. Ha ha.

Just wearing black doesn't make you emo.

True emo people, in addition to wearing all black, dye their hair black, always comb their hair diagonally to cover at least 4/5 of their face, put on so much black eyeliner it looks like someone punched them in the eyes, slit their wrists all the time, think they suck and deserve to die, and have piercings EVERYWHERE.

Unless you mean to say that's you.

I wear black all the time too, but that does NOT make me emo - black just happens to be one of my favorite colors.

Only myspace (bad word here)s that hide in their basements and never see daylight think emo is cool.
Anyone who thinks emo is cool, in my opinion, fails.

Mewchirio
03-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Just wearing black doesn't make you emo.

True emo people, in addition to wearing all black, dye their hair black, always comb their hair diagonally to cover at least 4/5 of their face, put on so much black eyeliner it looks like someone punched them in the eyes, slit their wrists all the time, think they suck and deserve to die, and have piercings EVERYWHERE.

Unless you mean to say that's you.

I wear black all the time too, but that does NOT make me emo - black just happens to be one of my favorite colors.

Only myspace (bad word here)s that hide in their basements and never see daylight think emo is cool.
Anyone who thinks emo is cool, in my opinion, fails.
Wow, talk about predjudices.
But, I don't like emo's, I swear. Just please don't kill me! Please!!

~Mewchirio~

WatchMeBeQuieter
03-23-2009, 08:32 PM
-Jocks:
You know, the guys who play football in the fall, basketball/hockey in the winter, and baseball/lacrosse in the spring. A lot of people in this thread are bee itching about how these guys are jerks, but, in my school, they really aren't. They appear so at first, but if you get to know them, they aren't bad, albeit a few exceptions. These guys are the popular, somewhat conceited ones.

-Whores:
That's their name, but they really aren't... they're just as close as you can get to whorism in the 9th grade. They make up of the majority of the girls in the freshman class, and they are, for the most part, pretty stupid, and they generally get by on their looks. There are exceptions to this rule, and I'm friendly with one or two of them, but this is generally my least favorite clique in our school.

-Metco:
These guys come on a bus from Boston, and they're the black population there. None of them do drugs, which is the reason why they come to our school... I try to make friends with them because they seem cool, but they're pretty reserved. I've had some success, and one of them, Abdihraman, is a good friend of mine.

-Crazy Idiots:
These guys are loud, obnoxious, and completely alternative to most people. They draw many people from other cliques, as they're probably the tightest group, with their own scheduled get-together times, nicknames for one another, and countless stories and inside jokes. They certainly are loud, crazy idiots, and they're interested in everything from football to Nintendo. I'm one of them.

-Emos/Socially impaired:
The smallest clique. These guys do who knows what, but they seem very depressed and I seldom see them talking to one another. They're always with one another, but they also always look downcast. O_o Kind of a creepy group...

The not clique
Anyone who isn't really associated with any clique goes here.

Ridley
03-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Wow, talk about predjudices.

It's not that I'm predjudiced, but really, they're not going to get ahead in the long run.

Two of my friends were like that too but I've gotten one of them to stop.

Professor Geoffrey
03-23-2009, 11:29 PM
All of you who say there aren't cliques aren't looking hard enough.

... Unless you live in an awesome community like mine where everyone gives everyone else a chance. There's a lot of mixed circles of friends, so it's not really easy to tell if there really are any cliques. That's because there are none.

As I said, we don't have cliques. We have a cult. 90% of all of the guitar players only respect people if they play guitar as well. They truly believe the guitar is the greatest instrument in the world! That's wrong, because the clarinet is. <3

Pokeboy sarab
03-24-2009, 05:27 AM
Well, our cliques aren't exactly cliques. No one is b*tchy with people outside their group. Though few people are b*tches to the people in the group. Our groups are basically divided by languages. India has too many languages.

First there's the South Indians. These people speak in their regional languages. They usually cause trouble. They are basically inept at english...and not that smart either.

Then the Muslims. All of them gang together. They speak in Urdu. Usually most of the bad people belong here. (not being anti-Islam...but its a fact that all of them fail in every test. They also insult a lot) Don't know why most of them are bad. But a few good people too.

Then we have the North Indians. They converse in Hindi and another language. Generally very loud.But allright people not too bad.

Then the last group is the English group. I belong here. The people here prefer speaking english. They are generall divided into many small friendship circles. Though the circles do interconnect.

We also have the nerds. Those who get the best marks. And usually spend hours discussing the exam after it got over. They annoy me. They are generally unspoiled boys, who are afraid of speaking to girls :P

Then we also have the boarders....who live in the hostel. A bad bunch. Its best not to talk to them. Though I have one good boarder friend.

Bumblebee16
03-24-2009, 06:01 AM
In my small school, there's basically only two groups, the preps and the rockers/punk/goth. The two groups tend to hate each other and seperation is noticable. My and my three best buds tend to stay in the middle of the groups (not a really good spot, but hey, they both have some awesome people.) and are friends with both sides. Sometimes some funny stuff goes down, and sometimes it'll get out of hand and involve other people cars and an assembly to calm everyone (in the groups anyways) down. Its all crazy, so me and my friends try and not get involved in that stuff and sort of make our own little small group.

Isaac8296
03-24-2009, 10:31 AM
Hmmm... now that i think about it, there are alot of cliques at my school><" There is the

Skaters
They are not gothic/emo-ish at all here they always laugh and are fun to be around LOL

Emo Wannabes
GOD, I hate these guys! they think they're so cool because they hurt themselves... Tss... watever...

SPEDs
These are the Special ED kids, they dont harm anyone.. but for some reason they always hang out with each other....

Normal
They just hang out in their only little groups not disturbing anyone.. Unless somebody picks a fight with them Holy Sh**! they go beserk!

I think thats it.... i'll think of more later :cool:

Volcanflame
03-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Yeah. I'm actually "medium" according to Arate's list. Though sometimes I hang out with the cool kids and the nerds.

-Volcan-