PDA

View Full Version : Are you unable to eat a certain food?

TeirusuFX
04-30-2009, 08:16 PM
It can be a certain allergy, or it can be a food that you wouldn't eat even if you were paid a hundred dollars

Me? I don't think I have one o.O

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

Broderick
04-30-2009, 08:25 PM
There are foods I don't like, but hell, for a million dollars? Pfft. I'd eat just about anything.

Dark Lightning
04-30-2009, 08:31 PM
I'd eat a live tarantula for a million dollars. As long as it didn't kill me. :P
On topic, I don't really have any allergies.

TeirusuFX
04-30-2009, 08:38 PM
I'll change the dollar amount because all you people eat anything for a million dollars D<

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

Cucumber
04-30-2009, 08:45 PM
I can't eat cottage cheese. Every time I have attempted to eat it I end up tossing my previous lunch >__>

Dark Lightning
04-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Now you've changed it, hell no, I would not eat a live tarantula for one hundred dollars.
I used to have an allergy to peanuts, though.

Kendo
04-30-2009, 08:48 PM
I don't have any food allergies.

I wouldn't eat onions or beets if you paid me one hundred dollars. D:

Poring
04-30-2009, 09:28 PM
I would eat anything edible for a hundred dollars.

Snow Fairy Sugar
04-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Snails- me and my friends went on a trip to France, and my friends ordered snails...among other things. *Shudders* I didn't mind, but as soon as I saw the snails, I became sick and I had to rush to the bathroom.

-Shudders- I still feel creeped out whenever I think of them...damn, how DO the French eat them? XD

Yoda55
04-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Nope. I'm fine. No allergys.

Hoshika
04-30-2009, 10:52 PM
Snails, slugs, insects, some kinds of fish, this "watercrest" thing that my mom cooks, more than a few pieces of candy at once, sour candy, relish, and sometimes apples, plums, peaches, cherries, and other related fruits. They must either be using some weird chemical to grow them nowadays or I developed a very picky allergy after the age of four.

Ridley
04-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Anything that is eaten as food, I could probably eat for a hundred dollars.

Vaughn
04-30-2009, 11:03 PM
I can't eat yogurt. I'm not allergic to it, I just don't like it. Well, some yogurts are fine, but most aren't.

Blast the Stereo
04-30-2009, 11:07 PM
For a million dollars, yeah, I'd eat anything.

But like in normal day life, I can't keep a pickle in my mouth for more than 2 seconds.

Hoshika
04-30-2009, 11:13 PM

But like in normal day life, I can't keep a pickle in my mouth for more than 2 seconds.

SIG QUOTED! :U

Oh, and I wouldn't eat a snail or slug for 100 dollars.

Psychedelic Shroomish
04-30-2009, 11:15 PM

I can keep a pickle in my mouth as long as you like. :wink:

Yeah, but I throw up when I eat pudding/watermelon/cottage cheese/mangoes.

FireflyK
05-01-2009, 03:27 AM
Snails, slugs, insects, some kinds of fish, this "watercrest" thing that my mom cooks, more than a few pieces of candy at once, sour candy, relish, and sometimes apples, plums, peaches, cherries, and other related fruits. They must either be using some weird chemical to grow them nowadays or I developed a very picky allergy after the age of four.

I've seen this, it's called an oral allergy because it's actually tied, oddly enough, to various forms of pollen. For whatever reason, some pollen allergies correlate with certain food allergies, so if it's during a season/area where you're exposed to those pollens at the same time as the fruit, you'll get an allergy. Or you could have another form which is because of those fruits, but depends on the amount of a certain natural enyzme/protein/whatever in them, explaining the 'sometimes' allergy. Have you tried eating them cooked? I'm horribly allergic to raw apples, but cooked ones barely bother me at all, though I still avoid them since I don't want to get a reaction if they're not fully cooked.

Anyway, I'm allergic to apples and malic acid, a food additive. And as of last year, I've started getting uber sick if I eat wheat products, so I've had to cut 'em from my diet. =( Sad.

-cough- I'm also picky. I've been told I'm an amazing cook/baker, and I experiment a lot, but I refuse to touch any of the following: Snails, slugs, several varieties of mushroom, like 90% of types of fish, any cheese except mozzarella or ricotta or american cheese. ^^; And I don't eat pork/shellfish 'cause I keep kosher.

Luckily, I make good use of fruits/veggies/grains/other meats, and use all different spices- my spice cabinet is made up of over 100 different spices, herbs, and roots, which many people look at and go "What's this, I've never heard of it?" about. So my cooking's still fun for me, even if I have a lotta foods I hate/won't touch.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
05-01-2009, 05:08 AM
I've seen this, it's called an oral allergy because it's actually tied, oddly enough, to various forms of pollen. For whatever reason, some pollen allergies correlate with certain food allergies, so if it's during a season/area where you're exposed to those pollens at the same time as the fruit, you'll get an allergy. Or you could have another form which is because of those fruits, but depends on the amount of a certain natural enyzme/protein/whatever in them, explaining the 'sometimes' allergy. Have you tried eating them cooked? I'm horribly allergic to raw apples, but cooked ones barely bother me at all, though I still avoid them since I don't want to get a reaction if they're not fully cooked.

Anyway, I'm allergic to apples and malic acid, a food additive. And as of last year, I've started getting uber sick if I eat wheat products, so I've had to cut 'em from my diet. =( Sad.

-cough- I'm also picky. I've been told I'm an amazing cook/baker, and I experiment a lot, but I refuse to touch any of the following: Snails, slugs, several varieties of mushroom, like 90% of types of fish, any cheese except mozzarella or ricotta or american cheese. ^^; And I don't eat pork/shellfish 'cause I keep kosher.

Luckily, I make good use of fruits/veggies/grains/other meats, and use all different spices- my spice cabinet is made up of over 100 different spices, herbs, and roots, which many people look at and go "What's this, I've never heard of it?" about. So my cooking's still fun for me, even if I have a lotta foods I hate/won't touch.

Gosh.

So much for an apple a day keeping the doctor away... It must be the malic acid's doing!! Iirc there's malic acid in them. Wheat? Must be either wheat allergy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_allergy) or coeliac disease (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coeliac_disease) (the latter of which is a featured article O_o).

Pity ya. D:

EDIT: As of now, I don't think I'm allergic to any food yet.

Blast the Stereo
05-01-2009, 06:54 AM
I can keep a pickle in my mouth as long as you like. :wink:

Yeah, but I throw up when I eat pudding/watermelon/cottage cheese/mangoes.

/facepalm

I saw that coming from a mile away

NO PUN INTENDED LAWLZ. :D

Black Hawk
05-01-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm allergic to cherries and greatly dislike the taste of olives.

I would eat anything for 100 dolla except cherries because my reaction could kill me :\

FireflyK
05-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Gosh.

So much for an apple a day keeping the doctor away... It must be the malic acid's doing!! Iirc there's malic acid in them. Wheat? Must be either wheat allergy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_allergy) or coeliac disease (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coeliac_disease) (the latter of which is a featured article O_o).

Pity ya. D:

Yep yep. I was tested negative for celiac, but I react to wheat just like a celiac, so the doctors were kinda like "Uh, you're strange.. Don't eat wheat? And avoid gluten to be safe."

Could be worse, I prefer rice pasta/bread to wheat anyway, so really the only change is that now I can't eat cake or goldfish crackers.

We Taste Pies...
05-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Yep yep. I was tested negative for celiac, but I react to wheat just like a celiac, so the doctors were kinda like "Uh, you're strange.. Don't eat wheat? And avoid gluten to be safe."

Could be worse, I prefer rice pasta/bread to wheat anyway, so really the only change is that now I can't eat cake or goldfish crackers.

I feel bad for you, you can't eat the creepy snack that smiles at you as it is ground into its demise :sad:

As for me, I'm allergic to cats, so I should probably avoid eating those :tongue:

Necromancer
05-01-2009, 06:15 PM
im allergic to nothing and can eat everything (no, not sh*t and garbage, and other dirty stuff)
yay for me! however, i don't like jelly. and yes, i can eat slugs, as long as they aren't poison or deadly.

Pokeboy sarab
05-01-2009, 06:40 PM
I'm not allergic to anything.
But I am extremely picky. I don't like vegetables basically. Not a fan of the colour green :P. Though, if I had no choice I guess I could eat anything. But I make sure I have choices by being extremely fussy.

Sea Angel
05-01-2009, 10:11 PM
I'm allergic to Peanut Butter. Saying it makes me puke... (kinda)

Eeveedude
05-01-2009, 10:42 PM
I'm allergic to chicken and turkey. =\ It's really hard when your parents love chicken. When I told the doctor she said that she's never heard of anyone being allergic to chicken or turkey...

Lord Fedora
05-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Only two things. I can't eat Chinese moon cakes (I vomit every time), and I refuse to eat veal.

Hoshika
05-01-2009, 11:33 PM
@FFK: I can't eat applesauce, either, but preserved peaches are good with me for some reason.

I can't eat Chinese moon cakes

WHAT

WHAAAAAAT

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Moon Master
05-01-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm somewhat allergic to apples. I can eat them, they just make m throat itch... so I don't like to.

Sea Angel
05-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Only two things. I can't eat Chinese moon cakes (I vomit every time), and I refuse to eat veal.

Chinese moon cakes are good!!!

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
05-02-2009, 06:27 AM

Do the test for c(o)eliac again. =|

No cake sure sucks. Especially during birthdays. D:

As for me, I'm allergic to cats, so I should probably avoid eating those :tongue:

:wall:

@FFK: I can't eat applesauce, either, but preserved peaches are good with me for some reason.

WHAT

WHAAAAAAT

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

And I thought you should be sigging the quote I replied to right above yours. >_>

Chinese moon cakes are good!!!

So it's his fault that he can't eat them? :O

IceRocket
05-02-2009, 01:31 PM
I have no food allergies.
I do have one for soap. You could eat soap.... o.0

FireBrawl Latios
05-02-2009, 03:44 PM
There's nothing I won't eat in a pinch because I have no allergies to food. Under normal circumstances, I will not eat mooncakes, garlic, {insert something spicy here}, rotten food, bugs in general, venomous organisms and any animal that is still alive at time of consumption, even if I were offered money for doing so.

Nirvash
05-02-2009, 06:23 PM
I'd eat most things for a good amount of money, like most people here would.

FireflyK
05-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Do the test for c(o)eliac again. =|

No cake sure sucks. Especially during birthdays. D:

Nah, I just get icecream cake, which I prefer to regular cake anyway. ;)

I'm somewhat allergic to apples. I can eat them, they just make m throat itch... so I don't like to.
That's what I had for years and ignored it/ ate lots of apples, now I get a really bad reaction with visible swelling 'n stuff if I eat anything with any trace of raw apple in it. ^^; So were I you, I'd avoid apple-containing products.

Necromancer
05-02-2009, 06:39 PM
poor you,no apple pie for you.

anybody apart from me noticed that dragonfly's taste like orange?

Professor Geoffrey
05-02-2009, 10:04 PM
poor you,no apple pie for you.

anybody apart from me noticed that dragonfly's taste like orange?

I don't know if "Dragonfly" is some sort of brand name, so excuse me when I say this... but you ate a dragonfly? o.o"

I have no allergies or anything. However, my dad has diabetes, and my mom has hypoglycemia... so I'm bound to get one of the two when I'm an adult.

cub0nes_sp0tlessmind
05-02-2009, 11:34 PM
I wouldn't eat animal products. See, I'm vegan, that's why. And I wouldn't sell out my morals for some monies.

The Jr Trainer
05-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Any form of liver is disgusting, as well as organs of animals that are not meant to be eaten. :|

complexmanifold
05-03-2009, 06:42 AM
Technically I am able to eat any kind of food, and even some non-foods.

Keion
05-03-2009, 07:54 AM
Any type of raw and live foods disgust me. I wonder how people eat live snails. XP

Necromancer
05-03-2009, 08:39 AM
some snails aren't that bad. then only are a bit flubbery in the mouth, but after that, its good for the belly. and yes i ATE an dragonfly when i was 5 and thought it was eatable because it had an nice blue color.

Articuno
05-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Lol uh.. one time my fiancÚ fed me so much Pasta Carbonara that I felt sick and from then on couldn't even look/smell it without feeling sick again! It took about an entire year to get over that and even now I still refuse to eat it.

Cucumber
05-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Another one I forgot to mention is fish. I can't eat fish :|

Void
05-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Lol uh.. one time my fiancÚ fed me so much Pasta Carbonara that I felt sick and from then on couldn't even look/smell it without feeling sick again! It took about an entire year to get over that and even now I still refuse to eat it.

I love Pasta Carbonara. The only thing about it is that it is so filling, I can never finish the whole plate.

Babii Pikachu
05-04-2009, 05:05 PM
I can't eat any Cheese, Ham or Bacon. I throw up :s I hate it.

Necromancer
05-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Pasta Carbonara? yumzy, i always take two plates of it ^^

however, one time i taked so much salmon, i could smell or eat it for about 1 year. but now, its good again. (note: i eat almost EVERYTHING)

Void
05-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Pasta Carbonara? yumzy, i always take two plates of it ^^

however, one time i taked so much salmon, i could smell or eat it for about 1 year. but now, its good again. (note: i eat almost EVERYTHING)

'Taked so much' FTW.

jamieson
05-05-2009, 05:24 PM
all of us can eat anything just for a million dollars...
but without in it, or in daily life... i think i cant eat food that i don't usually and really eat..
if i really don't like the food i wont eat it...! :wink:

Void
05-06-2009, 09:37 AM

o.O

I love cheese and bacon. I'm OK with ham, but it's not one of my favourite foods.

FireflyK
05-10-2009, 06:34 AM

Heh, I sympathize. ^^; The smell of bacon makes me feel sick, though I've never actually tasted any so I can't attest to whether the taste is vomit worthy.

karmachameleon
05-10-2009, 06:42 AM
Im allergic to jenkem

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
05-12-2009, 03:26 PM

Must be because of an allergy! There can't be any other reason! :O

Blue-
05-14-2009, 03:12 AM
Don't get me started. -_-;

My whole life I've been an extremely picky eater. I will not touch any form of sea food or nut, and I have even developed a strange hatred towards anything that uses tomatoes. I also hate wheat bread, any baked good that is filled with dried or cooked fruit, beans, coconut, and most vegetables.

I think the worst thing I've ever eaten, though, was raw squid. I only ate it out of courtesy at my neighbor's house. xD I felt dizzy (like I was going to pass out) for an hour after that, and now that I think about it, it's amazing that I didn't get sick from it...

To top it all off, I developed a strange stomach condition awhile back that prohibits me from eating anything high in fat (like bacon) or drinking anything other than milk and water. It's gotten better recently, but I've become extremely paranoid of anything - or any situation - that could possibly make me sick as a result.

Oxygen
05-17-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm one of those people who don't eat vegetables ^^

I'm like a fruit-eating carnivore. Rawr.

scubasteveE
05-18-2009, 04:03 AM
Any form of liver is disgusting, as well as organs of animals that are not meant to be eaten. :|
Mountain oysters anyone?
some snails aren't that bad. then only are a bit flubbery in the mouth, but after that, its good for the belly. and yes i ATE an dragonfly when i was 5 and thought it was eatable because it had an nice blue color.
According to that, you probably drunk anti-freeze too?

-onions but I do eat onion rings
-garlic unless it's grounded up really good
-anything pork except bacon and sausage
-fish unless it's beer battered
-sauerkraut (I can't believe no one has said that O.o)
-pumpernickel bread
-most red meat
-frog legs or any other amphibian or reptile
-cottage cheese
-grits
-anything greasy
-eggs unless they're scrambled

I'm pretty picky

Lonsie
05-18-2009, 04:15 AM
What can I eat? Dx

Babii Pikachu