PDA

View Full Version : (-WAR VIII Drawn Art-)

Exon Auxus
06-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Fools! None of you have my skill in the art of drawing! Furthermore, any entries submitted will be judged as if I am Simon from American Idol! In all seriousness, welcome everyone, and good luck in competing. Be sure to have fun, because a drawing isn't a drawing unless it has a little spirit. Let's start off with some basic rules for this section of the WAR.

Basic Rules

--Most importantly, there can be NO plagiarism. The drawing cannot be from another source. This means that you can't print a drawing from online on advance upon it. And no, you can't use a drawing from another source and cite it. Noone wants to get disqualified for laziness. :P

--Although you are allowed to draw by hand or by use of the computer, effects such as shading and coloring should be completed by hand.

--Similar to the past, you'll probably want to have your entries PM'd to me. You don't want to give an opposing team that idea that they need to beat you.

--Make sure you works are saved under .png, .jpg, or .gif.

--Any entry submitted after the deadline will be void. Please get your entries in on time, your hard work should not be wasted.

--Make sure your work is clean. There are children about. :/

Judging
The entires will be judged on the four basic categories below.

Creativity
Have new and fresh ideas. This is pretty self explanatory, and is sometimes one of the easiest categories to get some points in.
Maximum score: 8

Color and Shading
Sensible shadings and effects are important for gaining points in the section. For example, a ray of light casting toward an object should force the object to produce a shadow facing away from the light. Use of logic within drawings will also be judged here. The use of color is also important for gaining points. Although this isn't always the case, entries with none or partial color may suggest a lack of effort.
Maximum score: 12

Skill
Neatness and practicality are essential in drawing. Pay attention to common aspects of drawing such as perspective. Most objects in the foreground aren't smaller than those in the background, unless it's intentional. You aren't given points in this category just for trying- you'll need to get the work down.
Maximum score: 12

Themes and ExtrasThe remaining aspects of your entry will be examined here, as well as your ability to connect the drawing to the designated theme. Here, I will find out why your drawing has strong points over others and what can be improved.
Maximum score: 8

Total possible score: 40

Themes
Week 1- "The Awful Stench of Poison..."

Records
----

Point Distribution
Very Easy

1 points for the team with the drawing that has the highest score.
1 point for the runner up team.

There are only two points given in this section.

Refer to me with any questions. This post will be updated.

Exon Auxus
06-22-2009, 07:08 AM
This has been extended until the end of Monday.

Vaughn
06-22-2009, 01:53 PM
This Monday, like today Monday, or next week Monday?

Bryce
06-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Name: Bryce
Team: One Against All
Entry: Death by Poison

... DO I WIN!?!

http://i43.tinypic.com/5fry1d.jpg

Exon Auxus
06-23-2009, 03:22 AM
With the extension over, we're finally ready to judge!

[Entrant][Team][Title][Theme

[Necromancy][OneAgainstAll][N/A][Stench of Poison...]

Image Link:http://i43.tinypic.com/5ueqlf.jpg

Creativity:
Gave me a laugh, which is good. I'm glad you didn't just draw a poison pokemon and just leave it. The idea was all your own and you even incorporated some humor, which is great. Way to use feces as a bad smell over...a fart or something. Full points.
Score: 8

Color and Shading
Everything was a pretty distinguished color. I was able to tell what was what just by looking at it. There wasn't much shadin really needed here, but I'd at least like to see some in the future. Not much more to be said.
Score: 10

Skill:
It's very difficult to grade comical drawings in this category, because people aren't trying to make a Mona Lisa, they're just putting something up there. So when it comes to this and these kind of drawings, you can get majority points as long as nothing is thrown out there. And that's the case in your work above.
Score: 10

Theme:
Eh, you pretty much got it. Keywords in the theme are stench and poison, and you got the stench part down, but not exactly sure about the poison. I guess we could call Grimer's outpit toxic, seeing as he is a poison blob. But, well, you know. Essentially you got it down.
Score: 7

Total: 35/40

-----------

[Hoshika][N/A][N/A][Stench of Poison...]

Entry: http://www.deviantart.com/download/126413362/SKUNTANK_by_Hoshika_Pichu.png

Creativity
I really can't give you the major points here, because it's almost like a Skuntank was just put there along with a skull and bones to show that it smells. But it's something.
Score: 4

Color and Shading
I can hardly give you any points here.
Score: 2

Skill:
When it comes to neatness in this drawing, honestly, I really didn't see much. It took me about two minutes before I could figure out what anything in the picture was, outside the skull and crossbones. As I said, you don't just get points in this section for trying, so I can't really give you much here.
Score:3

Theme
Well, you hit the theme head on. The stench of that poison must be pretty awful if it inspires death x_x. Good work here, full points.

Score: 17/40
Also, you didn't send me the name of the team you were on.
----------------------
[k_pop][Cullen][What Stench?][Stench of Poison...]

Entry: http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k469/kpop10/hand-drawn/whatstench.png

Creativity
Awesome. I really, really did not see that one coming. Great job, 'nuff said.

Color and Shading
Just beautiful. It's bright and vibrant, but calm and soothing at the same time. I like the little accent of shadow you put under the stunky. Great work.
Score: 12

Skill
I don't think anything needs to be said here. Honestly, this is just great. Everything's in order, neat, and clean. I can't even find tiny problems- no coloring outside the lines, no smudges, this is great.
Score: 12

Theme
You went the exact opposite of the theme, and I was about to dock all points until I saw the title. Shows that you recognized the theme and manipulated it just to augment the theme.

[B]Score: 39/40

Exon Auxus
06-23-2009, 03:22 AM
[Neurotic Nero][KOTRT][N/A][The One]

Entry:http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss132/neuroticnero/Picture086.jpg

Creativity
Great, reason being is because you showed the spirit of competition in with you work. None of the other entrants did that, so it was a very original and good idea. Full points.

Color and Shading
You didn't have my judging parameters, you were going by Kenny's. So I'll have to cut you some slack because you didn't exactly know you needed color. I saw a bit of shading with Scyther's elevated platform, so that's good.
Score: 9

Skill
Everything's neat and in order it seems. Those are also very good drawings of those three pokemon. It's almost as if those could be used in the games themselves. Very accurate and clean. Nothing messy. Meowth just looks a tad rushed.
Score: 11

Theme
"KOTRT is number one" is what I got from this, which is just what the theme wants.

Score: 36/40
----------------

[Bryce][OAA][Death by Poison][Stench of Poison...]

Entry: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2805613&postcount=4

Creativity
Well just about everyone else sent in something pokemon related. But, that wasn't required. It's "The Awful Stench of Poison...", not poison pokemon. So while everyone went down one road, you went down the other, meaning only that you were creative and original. Full points.

Color and Shading
Not much color here. It's just black and white, then you have a green to show that the bottle is poisonous. That's nice, but that's just not enough color for what I was looking for.
Score: 4

Skill
I just can't give a lot of points here...Just looks like it was made in three minutes so you'd have an entry. :P

Theme:
Well you have poison and death in there, but no indication of what happened. How did that guy die? Was it the smell? Did he drink it? Aren't I asking too many questions? All those questions should be able to be answered in the art.
Score: 5

Score: 19/40
-------------------
[Politoed][Gurren][N/A][Stench of Poison...]

Entry: http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7019/scan0001o.jpg

Creativity
I don't see too much originality, just that it's a guy (or thing) farting.

Color and Shading
There's neither here, outside the outline of the guy (or thing).

Skill
I think people misunderstand here. You don't need a masterful work of art. But this is just not enough...It's just too simple and doesn't imply any real work.
Score:1

Theme
"I think farts are toxic, so I guess you could classify that as poison? But then again they're just methane gas, so that doesn't really count. And there's not much of a stench, just a cloud." I shouldn't really have to inference like that in order to see if you made the theme. But you were around the right path.
Score:3

Score:8/40
-----------------
[Kayla Ann][OAA][Poison can make you do wierd stuff...][Stench of Poison...]

Entry: http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww186/kaylaann6/Drawn%20Art/Full.jpg

Creativity
Well, it's definetly new! Looks a little lethal and scary, but it's definetly new!

Color and Shading
Green and purple are common colors of poison and toxic gas, so I'll give ya that. No shading was really needed, at least, I don't know anyone who'd have a shadow while surrounded by toxic gas. A tad of independent color on the girl would be nice.

Score:9

Skill
Okay, now when you colored that gas, it seems a little lax. Nah, doesn't have to be the perfect gas, 'cause I know it's hard to draw, but if you look how you colored it, it's as though you just made smooth zig-zags until it covered up enough white paper. That could've been improved some. That's about all. You drew the girl well.
Score: 9

Theme
Yes, yes, I see poison. But your description says that poison can make you do wierd stuff. I would never think it would get you locked up in (wherever this is) and hung on chains. @_@
Score: 5

Score: 30/40

Exon Auxus
06-23-2009, 04:08 AM
K_pop, with a score of 39/40, takes the precious gold medal home to Team Cullen with a point.

Neurotic Nero, with a score of 36/40, takes the semi-precious silver home to KOTRT, with a point! Well no medals, but you get points!

Congratulations, best of luck in the rest of the war.

Oxygen
06-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Yeah, mine was really rushed, as in, a 2 minute drawing.

Kayla Ann
06-24-2009, 02:02 PM
K_pop, with a score of 39/40, takes the precious gold medal home to Team Cullen with a point.

Neurotic Nero, with a score of 36/40, takes the semi-precious silver home to KOTRT, with a point! Well no medals, but you get points!

Good job guys xD

and mine was like a 3 minute doodle :3

Oxygen
06-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Good job guys xD

and mine was like a 3 minute doodle :3

Did yours have someething to do with the Alice Cooper song? I just thought it did :o

Vaughn
06-24-2009, 02:41 PM

Yesh! I get second place!

Bryce
06-25-2009, 01:21 PM
lol @ how mine wasn't last.

Kayla Ann
06-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Is there going to be a new theme for week two?

Operative
06-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Is there going to be a new theme for week two?

This wasn't a weekly section. It was only an Event. So there was only one theme. You were Temp. Banner while it happened.

Kayla Ann
06-27-2009, 05:18 PM
This wasn't a weekly section. It was only an Event. So there was only one theme. You were Temp. Banner while it happened.

no because i enterd the contest and ok thanks

EDIT:::

Kenny said that there was another drawn art contest form june27- july 3rd!

Kenny_C.002
06-29-2009, 10:00 PM
no because i enterd the contest and ok thanks

EDIT:::

Kenny said that there was another drawn art contest form june27- july 3rd!
I've contacted the man. Don't worry too much about it, I'm sure he'll be around. If not, this can be moved to week 4 without much trouble.

Kayla Ann
06-29-2009, 10:04 PM
I've contacted the man. Don't worry too much about it, I'm sure he'll be around. If not, this can be moved to week 4 without much trouble.

xD thankss ( ahh four word rule! :X)

Kenny_C.002
07-03-2009, 03:23 AM
Week 3-4 theme:
Serenity.
Generate a picture that shows this in any way shape or form.
Your stuff are due next Friday, July 10. Good luck.

Vaughn
07-06-2009, 01:22 PM
So, who do I PM it to? You, Kenny? or Neon Skarmory? I'll PM both, to make sure.

Kenny_C.002
07-11-2009, 09:00 PM
It's close, this round's entries.

Adam of Knights of the Round Table
Serenity of Life (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=2182656)

Creativity 7/8
The use of water does imply serenity, and having two friendly water Pokemon waving at each other makes it feel good. The only real complain I have is that Slowbro doesn’t really feel right for me.

Shading/Colouring 6/12
Unfortunately, there was nothing that dealt with shading was done. The fact that you included a sun on the top right corner implied that you need to have some shading in that direction. I don’t really see any attempt in that direction. I will not, however, take away at least the effort of colouring the entire picture to the best of your abilities.

Skill 7/12
The Pokemon themselves look great, especially the Lapras. With that, I noticed a huge problem to which there is a large section of the picture missing any input from you.

Themes and Extras 5/8
The use of a physical location that exists (Serenity River) is a nice touch there. At the same time, this is a double-edged sword in that sense.

25/40

Dr. House of Knights of the Round Table
Drifloon ( http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss132/neuroticnero/DrifloonWAR.jpg)

Creativity 6/8
I can see how things can be serene in that situation, though I’m not entirely sure why leaves are flying everywhere (though it can be somewhat floating down in a more majestic manner). The Finneon is somewhat off, but that’s about all I can think about there.

Shading/Colouring 5/12
I noticed very little to no shading in your part in a general sense. In all, there was little attempt at dealing with shading, but the colouring is there to boost your mark. The only real weird thing I noticed is the gray water that is covered partially, which does not show the shading of decreasing darkness outside of the area.

Skill 8/12
The work on the Pokemon works out fairly well, and everything is in order. However, this is a rather simple drawing in comparison to some of the other entires.

Themes and Extras 5/8
The theme works well with your picture. I just don’t really see any merits of this picture compared to the rest.

24/40

Lunar Latias of Cullen
Family Bonds ( http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk214/LatiasRider/Photoshop%20Pics/NidoranFamilyFinal.png)

Creativity 4/8
Unfortunately, family is one of the most obvious themes when it comes to serenity.

Shading/Colouring 10/12
Excellent shading and colouring for the most part is shown in the picture. My only complaint is a difficulty for me to know how the shading should have gone due to the parkles.

Skill 11/12
Nicely done. Again, the picture is filled with a number of pokemon that aren’t the easiest to draw in the overall sense. I haven’t really noticed these postures before either, which boosted your mark. The sparkles took away from the picture, however.

Themes and Extras 7/8
The only real merit of this picture is its complexity. In terms of theme, it seems to be a bit weak, but I have already docked you on that.

32/40

Scytherwolf of Cullen
Mightyenas ( http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/nuculadon/Mightyenas.png)

Creativity 4/8
Unfortunately, family is one of the most obvious themes when it comes to serenity.

Shading/Colouring 9/12
Layering and shading was done fairly well with pencil crayons, but it can be better.

Skill 9/12
No huge blank spaces are always a plus. The Pokemon themselves are very well done for the most part, though the back of the Mightyena is a bit weird in terms of proportions.

Themes and Extras 6/8
Again, the major issue is that it’s not all that special in comparison to the other entries even though the actual work itself feels a bit different.
28/40

K_pop of Cullen
Peace ( http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k469/kpop10/hand-drawn/Peace.jpg)

Creativity 6/8
Ok, it may not be the most creative idea either when it comes to serenity, but I do like the twist where you have an assumed predatory relationship between the two Pokemon.

Shading/Colouring 11/12
Well done on the shading and layering.

Skill 11/12
The Pokemon may not be entirely complex, but there’s nothing wrong with them. The only issue I noticed that is iffy is the rock on the left side, which felt awkward.

Themes and Extras 7/8
Best pencil crayon drawing.

35/40

Hoshika of Cullen
Voice of the Forest ( http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs48/i/2009/191/0/4/Voice_of_the_Forest__WIP__by_Hoshika_Pichu.png)

Creativity 8/8
Look at all of Celebi’s majesty. Nice idea of using a “stern” guardian of the forest to depict serenity.

Shading/Colouring 7/12
The lack of colour does take a bit away from the picture. Otherwise the drawing is done well in terms of shading and layering.

Skill 8/12
The thing in the background is iffy (I’m not sure what that is in the first place, and I’m not talking about the watermark). I think it’s the Sun. In any case, I noticed more effort in other entries for that matter.

Themes and Extras 7/8
I see a good idea and I think it should be rewarded. However, the issue is that the ring around Celebi doesn’t really make much sense.

30/40

Winners:
k_pop of Cullen
Lunar Latias of Cullen
2 points there.