Waterfall
Dive
Giga Drain

Linoone Item:None
Surf
Strengh
Rock Smash
Covet

Is this a good team?I don't know if I should Get rid of Manectric.Thanks :happy:

Poke'mon Master EMAN
07-13-2005, 05:24 PM
NO OFFENSE BUT A GOOD TEAM IS A RARE&STRONG TEAM.FOR EXAMPLE MEW:SHADOW BALL,PSYCHIC,METRONOME,TRANSFORM.ZAPDOS:THUNDER,DR ILL PECK,SKY ATTACK,VOLT TACKLE.SUICUNE:ICE BEAM,SURF,HYDRO PUMP,AURORA BEAM. MOLTRES:FLAMETHROWER,FLY,FIRE BLAST,FLAME WHEEL.VENUSAUR:FRENZY PLANT,SOLAR BEAM,EARTHQUAKE,SLAM.NOT OUT ON RED/BLUE-EMERALD ONLY ON DIAMOND/PEARL BUT RUKARIO WITH THE COMBO TYPE AS FIGHTING/STEEL.MOVES:LIGHT BALL,SHADOW BALL,DARK BEAM,HJ KICK :tongue:

Deoxysfan3
07-13-2005, 05:48 PM
All I want is to change Pokemon exlusive to Emerald.

DragonKing
07-13-2005, 08:44 PM
NO OFFENSE BUT A GOOD TEAM IS A RARE&STRONG TEAM.FOR EXAMPLE MEW:SHADOW BALL,PSYCHIC,METRONOME,TRANSFORM.ZAPDOS:THUNDER,DR ILL PECK,SKY ATTACK,VOLT TACKLE.SUICUNE:ICE BEAM,SURF,HYDRO PUMP,AURORA BEAM. MOLTRES:FLAMETHROWER,FLY,FIRE BLAST,FLAME WHEEL.VENUSAUR:FRENZY PLANT,SOLAR BEAM,EARTHQUAKE,SLAM.NOT OUT ON RED/BLUE-EMERALD ONLY ON DIAMOND/PEARL BUT RUKARIO WITH THE COMBO TYPE AS FIGHTING/STEEL.MOVES:LIGHT BALL,SHADOW BALL,DARK BEAM,HJ KICK :tongue:
Please read Khold's guide on battling before giving other people incorrect advice.

Please rate my team!

Blaziken Item:Leftovers
Sky Uppercut
Overheat
Swords Dance
Rock Slide

Use Swords Dance so you can sweep much more easily. Charcoal doesn't raise Flamethrower's damage by much, so I recommend you use Overheat. You are primarily going to sweep with the physical attacks, so you don't need Flamethrower. Overheat is just for Skarmory if it is stupid enough to switch into Blaziken.

Mightyena Item:Leftovers
Shadow Ball
Body Slam
Counter
Howl

You need good defenses in order to use Roar. Mightyena is about the last poke that I would even consider having a support move. The same applies to Toxic.

Manectric Item:Magnet
Charge
Thunderbolt
Facade
Quick Attack

Don't use Manectric. I can't really tell you whom to replace it with because your team doesn't have a specific strategy.

Salamence Item:Leftovers
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
Crunch
Hydro Pump

If you want to use a special attacker (meaning a lot of EVs in special attack), use Crunch over Steel Wing. Otherwise, give Salamence a Choice Band and make his set Aerial Ace/Rock Slide/Earthquake/Flamethrower. You can also use the Dragon Dance set.

Ludicolo Item:Leftovers
Ice Beam
Waterfall
Dive
Giga Drain

Never use either Dive or Waterfall. They are both inferior to Surf.

Linoone Item:Salac Berry/Lum Berry
Belly Drum
Extremespeed
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power [Physical]

No in-game moves please.

Is this a good team?I don't know if I should Get rid of Manectric.Thanks :happy:
There isn't really any strategy to this team. Also, only post what the team will eventually look like, not what it looks like now. You don't seem to grasp the concept of roles and movesets. I'd recommend you use the smogondex for now. Lastly, you should EV train your pokemon to make them much more effective. Take care.

Deoxysfan3
07-13-2005, 09:48 PM
The Team is to beat the Elite 4.

We Taste Pies...
07-13-2005, 09:52 PM
It's pretty good for a no strategy team.I had a strategy...kill as much as you can with rayquaza.Guess what it worked!

DragonKing
07-13-2005, 09:52 PM
This forum is for competitive teams as apposed to in-game teams. Any team can beat the E4. Even a single Farfetch'd (assuming it's on level 100). Take care.

orangekows
07-13-2005, 10:19 PM
Please rate my team!

Blaziken Item:Charcoal
Sky Uppercut
Flamethrower
Hidden Power [Electric]
Rock Slide

swords dance, sky uppercut, rock slide, fire blast/overheat. jolly. ditch charcoal

Mightyena Item:Blackglasses
Shadow Ball
Crunch
Toxic
Roar

mighteyna is a piece of crap :) ditch it now

Manectric Item:Magnet
Charge
Thunderbolt
Facade
Quick Attack

yeah, use raikou

Salamence Item:Leftovers
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
Steel Wing
Hydro Pump

NOOO specialmence sucks :( rock slide, earthquake, aerial ace, brick break/flamethrower/fire blast @choice band

Ludicolo Item:Leftovers
Ice Beam
Waterfall
Dive
Giga Drain

leech seed, toxic, surf, giga drain

Linoone Item:None
Surf
Strengh
Rock Smash
Covet

don't use linoone

get rid of linoone for slaking, get rid of mighteyna for regice, get rid of manectric for raikou but its ingame so it will work fine.

NO OFFENSE BUT A GOOD TEAM IS A RARE&STRONG TEAM.FOR EXAMPLE MEW:SHADOW BALL,PSYCHIC,METRONOME,TRANSFORM.ZAPDOS:THUNDER,DR ILL PECK,SKY ATTACK,VOLT TACKLE.SUICUNE:ICE BEAM,SURF,HYDRO PUMP,AURORA BEAM. MOLTRES:FLAMETHROWER,FLY,FIRE BLAST,FLAME WHEEL.VENUSAUR:FRENZY PLANT,SOLAR BEAM,EARTHQUAKE,SLAM.NOT OUT ON RED/BLUE-EMERALD ONLY ON DIAMOND/PEARL BUT RUKARIO WITH THE COMBO TYPE AS FIGHTING/STEEL.MOVES:LIGHT BALL,SHADOW BALL,DARK BEAM,HJ KICK
hi troll. notice all capital letters and "pokemon master" as his sn

DragonKing
07-14-2005, 12:19 AM
Elemence doesn't suck. When played right, the element of surprise overcomes many an opponent. (that sounded so archaic)

orangekows
07-14-2005, 12:35 AM
unless there is a choice band for special attacks, elemence will always be crap. and it always gets owned by blissey too (unless you give it brick break over dragon claw)

i like hydro pump, fire blast, brick break, hp ice/crunch

DragonKing
07-14-2005, 12:58 AM
Since when would Blissey switch into Salamence? Even IB Blissey wouldn't switch in immediately. Besides, even after your opponent learns it is an elemence, there is always the fear of Brick Break accompanying the three special attacks. Take care.

Deoxysfan3
07-14-2005, 01:07 AM
I'm thinking of switching Manectric for Magneton with these moves
Magneton Item Magnet
Tri Attack
Thunderbolt
Metal Sound
[Don't Know]
I'm also going to switch Linoone for Slaking with these moves:
Slaking Item:Foucs Band
Shadow Ball
Aerial Ace
Facade
Brick Break

Nemesis
07-14-2005, 01:20 AM
I'm thinking of switching Manectric for Magneton with these moves
Magneton Item leftovers, like Dragonking and Orangekows said don't use single type move boosting items.
substitute
Thunderbolt
Metal Sound
thunder wave
I'm also going to switch Linoone for Slaking with these moves:
Slaking Item:choice band
Shadow Ball
earthquake
return
focus punch

You relise that a super effective brick break/aerial ace will do less than a normal return/normal brick break/aerial ace will do less than a resisted return (unless your going agaist T-Tar for BB instance but eq should OHKO anyway)? A STABed return has 153 power just incase you don't know that...

DragonKing
07-14-2005, 01:20 PM
That was a bit confusing.

I see a lot of newer players using Slaking, but many of them make the same common mistake over and over. They'll use moves like Brick Break or Rock Slide over Focus Punch. There is no reason for this. The moveset shown above (return/earthquake/shadow ball/focus punch) will deal with every single Pokemon in the game. If you predict them switching in something weak to fighting, why would you need to Brick Break instead of Focus Punch? Predicting is a big part of Slaking, both when using it and playing against it, so expect lots of switches.

Let's take a look at Rock Slide first. What exactly do you need Rock Slide for? You have Return and Earthquake for Fire types, Return and Focus Punch for Ice types and finally Return alone will defeat all the Bug types in the game with an OHKO, save Shuckle who will be defeated by multiple Returns or Earthquakes. You might think you need Rock Slide for Flying types, but what Flying types wont you be killing with Return anyways? Here are some damage calculations for Slaking's standard moves against Aerodactyl and Zapdos (typical flying types) as compared to the damage output by Rock Slide. These damage calculations are using a Slaking holding Choice Band.

Slaking's Return vs Above Average Defense Zapdos
Minimum Damage 323
Average Damage 352
Maximum Damage 380

Slaking's Rock Slide vs Above Average Defense Zapdos
Minimum Damage 318
Average Damage 346
Maximum Damage 373

In fact, Rock Slide does even less to the Zapdos by a few points than Return. There is no point to waste a needed move slot on Rock Slide in this case. Both Return and Rock Slide will kill the Zapdos in a single hit, though.

Slaking's Return vs Standard Aerodactyl
Minimum Damage 228
Average Damage 248
Maximum Damage 268

Slaking's Focus Punch vs Standard Aerodactyl
Minimum Damage 447
Average Damage 486
Maximum Damage 525

Slaking's Rock Slide vs Standard Aerodactyl
Minimum Damage 449
Average Damage 488
Maximum Damage 527

Even Return will take away an 82% average of Aerodactyl's HP. Both Rock Slide and Focus Punch are about equal in damage and easily kill Aerodactyl, but without Focus Punch you'll be lost against Pokemon like Skarmory. There is no reason to use Rock Slide when Return and Focus Punch will take care of all flying types equally as well.

For Brick Break it's much of the same. People believe they need this to defeat Normals, Rocks and Steels when Slaking's existing moves will get the job done with the same efficiently and can cover even more Pokemon. Let's look at Snorlax right now and compare the damage done to it by Return and Brick Break.

Slaking's Return to Average Defense Snorlax
Minimum Damage 379
Average Damage 413
Maximum Damage 446

Slaking's Brick Break to Average Defense Snorlax
Minimum Damage 373
Average Damage 406
Maximum Damage 438

On average they will do about equal damage. Earthquake and Focus Punch will do more to Rock and Steel types than Brick Break will. It is common sense.

In conclusion, newer players are obsessed with seeing the words "It's Super Effective" and don't bother looking at the damage powerful STAB moves will do, even at neutral damage. Against Skarmory, Focus Punch will do more damage than either Brick Break or Rock Slide mainly because of the Base Power. 150 as compared to 75 in both cases. Focus Punch will do double the damage in that case. When you are doing lots of damage, STAB means a lot more than "It's Super Effective" without STAB. Please don't use Brick Break or Rock Slide Slaking - it's not worth it.
Take care.

orangekows
07-15-2005, 12:02 AM
Since when would Blissey switch into Salamence? Even IB Blissey wouldn't switch in immediately. Besides, even after your opponent learns it is an elemence, there is always the fear of Brick Break accompanying the three special attacks. Take care.
hmm... maybe when it realises its elemence? and most peoples elemence don't carry brick break.

DragonKing
07-15-2005, 12:46 AM
Blissey also switches into Starmie and Raikou. At least Elemence gets to kill a physical tank (or get a free turn to do some major damage) before Blissey realizes it's an Elemence. Take care.