PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Season 1?

Chavz
07-15-2005, 04:24 AM
Hello, I am new to these forums. I just had a quick question for you guys atm. I do plan on staying here, lol. I don't wanna be liek one of those people who post once then leave. I am very fond of pokemon season 1. I think thta it is the best pokemon shows on TV! 1 because its classic, and how can you beat classic? 2 becaus of the pokemon, they are all the original pokemon thta were first, and I knwo them all :biggrin: . 3 because I grew up watching these great shows. I began to miss them some days, so I lost track of what was going on.

Getting to the main point of the topic. Does anyone know if a DVD of the whole season 1 of pokemon is being sold, and where I could find it. I really miss these shows and hope to keep them on DVD.

I give thanks to anyone who can reply me back with any information it would be greatly appreciated :biggrin:

I'll check back later, cya :cool:

masterryanx
07-15-2005, 04:30 AM
If you mean a boxed set of season 1, well they don't have one (the only Pokemon box set is season 5 and that's not even complete there's 2 volumes) you have to buy all the individual dvds.... :neutral:

Chavz
07-15-2005, 04:42 AM
Hmm... Would you happen to know if in the future they will make one for season 1? I really want these shows. But arent there like 55 volumes in the whole season! :eek: Thats alot of individual DVD's!!!!! :eek: :eek:

paperfairy
07-15-2005, 04:49 AM
RyanX is correct... you do have to buy the individuals DVDs. Personally I think thats a bummer... but that's life for ya.

But yeah, Season 1 WAS the best season... the good ol days....

-GT

Thoughts: *sigh*

masterryanx
07-15-2005, 04:52 AM
Hmm... Would you happen to know if in the future they will make one for season 1? I really want these shows. But arent there like 55 volumes in the whole season! :eek: Thats alot of individual DVD's!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Don't know.... I'd like them to though

Chavz
07-15-2005, 01:23 PM
Boy that really stinks. I think I will write a letter to whoever would be the head of this operation. Would that be Viz video? I'll try them and the pokmon ppl.

Diddy
07-18-2005, 08:18 AM
To be honest, I got sick of waiting.. so I've been downloading them :redface:

Its not like I'm depriving anyone of any money, its up to them to provide a product.

Guilder
07-18-2005, 10:36 AM
I DL all my sheez, it's legal overhere anyway.

Furthermore, I also liked the first season. haven't seen much else, but I remembered being overjoyed with the first episode: I never heard of pokémon! I always got melancholic when I thought of how some day, pokémon would wear off and I wouldn't like it anymore..

Pika57
07-18-2005, 11:10 AM
Did they even have Dvds of the first seaseon? I remember the videos but no DvDs. And even if there were i doubt they would ever bother with a boxed set. Probably the next time you'll see them is when cartoon Network gets them on Bommerang in 50 years.

Missingno mystery
07-18-2005, 11:52 AM
Did they even have Dvds of the first seaseon? I remember the videos but no DvDs. And even if there were i doubt they would ever bother with a boxed set. Probably the next time you'll see them is when cartoon Network gets them on Bommerang in 50 years.
Yes, they are on DVD, but its jest cheaper to get them on VHS (it has the same 3 eps as the DVD but they cost less). However, for the 2nd, and 4th seasons and up, only buy DVD's as they have more episode on them (2nd and 5th are also DVD only, and the newest ones have eps NOT on VHS).

Jack of Clovers
07-19-2005, 02:22 AM
I think this thread works better in the TV Show Board. *moved*

I pretty much asked the same question a while, while back. it is a shame they don't make full box sets with extras and such. if they did, I just might be tempted....

~Jack~

plasmaball3000
07-19-2005, 09:43 PM
I collected the first two seasons once (used, obviously now new, that would be like $600!). And then I sold them. And now I hate myself. It was in my withdrawing-from-Pokemon phase, and now I'm over it, and really, really, really annoyed. Before I got them though, I tryed everything. I know the Viz site verbatim now, I'd been though dozens of unreturned emails, and I even posted this same question here back when it was the old site. Even though they have MQ in box set, I doubt it will follow to the first season - every season set of DVD's is completely different (12 in Orange, 5 in Advanced, seven for 4th). Back when there were only a couple seasons on DVD, I kept hoping that they would come out with standardized season box sets for all of the seasons; and that may still happen, but probably only after the show is over (NO!!! I refuse to believe it's possible!). Since downloading can be tedius and almost impossible on a slow connection, and buying can be way to expensive (unless you don't mind used ones and can find a good deal on Half.com), there's still the renting option. Animeforest.com is a good site for renting Pokemon DVD's, they have all of them. Yes I know, renting sucks, you don't get to keep them; but there's this little invention called a DVD burner... :silenced:

Oh, and Viz? It's been about three years since I sent that email! Your customer service stinks!

!CeMAn
08-04-2005, 04:14 AM
:biggrin: I have "Fashion Victims" on VHS!! I also bought a tape last year that said "Seaside pikachu" on the cover but when i put it in it turned out to be the first 3 episodes. That was a nice bonus.

Mimi Tachikawa
10-21-2005, 06:09 PM
u like season 1 i luv it its my fave an i am also new!

hotdude926
06-26-2006, 04:33 AM
Pokemon never did have a first dvd, untill now!

C:\Documents and Settings\Jeremys\My Documents\My Pictures

go here, and click on the image that has a pokemon picture that says season one. i have made the first season into a dvd set by downloading every season one episode, putting them on dvd's, making the dvd covers, and designing the box. this includes all 80 season one episodes, and will be sold for $250.00, or the highest bidder. i have also made the other seasons, but am still designing the box's.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
06-26-2006, 07:59 AM
Please don't revive old threads. Also, it's illegal to download the episodes and sell them or whatever, so you are not allowed to speak of it here. There are Season 1 Box Sets scheduled for release in the US, and they are already out in Australia.