PDA

View Full Version : Megaman/Rockman.EXE

masterryanx
07-16-2005, 05:23 AM
If you like the Megaman NT Warrior anime or Battle Network games post your favorite NetNavi(s) here! :happy: mine's Protoman! :happy:

TrojanPony
07-16-2005, 06:05 AM
SkullMan is waay better than ProtoMan! :surp:

masterryanx
07-16-2005, 06:14 AM
But Protoman looks cool, that's pretty much why I like him.... :happy:

TrojanPony
07-16-2005, 07:08 AM
Ah, yes. I suppose he does...but I love SkullMan's Boomerang thing! Hmmm...is RockMan.Exe feature that big stone guy or somethign?? :ermm:

bronislav84
07-16-2005, 09:10 AM
Ah, yes. I suppose he does...but I love SkullMan's Boomerang thing! Hmmm...is RockMan.Exe feature that big stone guy or somethign?? :ermm:They say ignoreance is bliss.

I don't mean to be rude, but you're very ignorant. Haven't you ever noticed that Rockman is always mentioned wherever Megaman is? Haven't you ever noticed how many of the Navis/Robots are named after music? There's a reason for that.

Eng/J
Megaman.EXE/Rockman.EXE
Roll.EXE is the same.
Protoman.EXE/Blues.EXE

There's many more, but the main points I'm trying to make that the names Rockman and Roll are based on Rock and Roll Music. They changed it for the NA/EU versions of the games. Rockman.EXE is the Japamese name for Magaman.EXE and is also used in the title of the Japanese games.
Ex: The first Battle Network game in Japan was called Rockman.EXE, not Megaman Battle Network.

Now about the ".EXE" part. Netnavis are programs. In the present, what do programs normally end with? You guessed it: .EXE! Therefore a Netnavi is an executable program and that's why it's customary to add .EXE to Netnavi names.

I hope you learned something. Any more questions? Ask away! I haven't even scratched the surface.

DaRkUmBrEoN
07-16-2005, 04:13 PM
I can't choose between Megaman and Protoman. Megaman is funny and Protoman is so cool.

masterryanx
07-17-2005, 01:22 AM
They say ignoreance is bliss.

I don't mean to be rude, but you're very ignorant. Haven't you ever noticed that Rockman is always mentioned wherever Megaman is? Haven't you ever noticed how many of the Navis/Robots are named after music? There's a reason for that.

Eng/J
Megaman.EXE/Rockman.EXE
Roll.EXE is the same.
Protoman.EXE/Blues.EXE

There's many more, but the main points I'm trying to make that the names Rockman and Roll are based on Rock and Roll Music. They changed it for the NA/EU versions of the games. Rockman.EXE is the Japamese name for Magaman.EXE and is also used in the title of the Japanese games.
Ex: The first Battle Network game in Japan was called Rockman.EXE, not Megaman Battle Network.

Now about the ".EXE" part. Netnavis are programs. In the present, what do programs normally end with? You guessed it: .EXE! Therefore a Netnavi is an executable program and that's why it's customary to add .EXE to Netnavi names.

I hope you learned something. Any more questions? Ask away! I haven't even scratched the surface.

Yep, thanks for explaining it to him, ya I put Rockman too incase there were people that did'nt like the english name, etc. anyway you know what I mean... :happy: