View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 07:50 AM
Manjoume Jun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Manjoume Jun Send a message via MSN to Manjoume Jun
Default Re: FireRed and LeafGreen Move Tutor Moves

Firstly, a thousand apologies for reviving this old thread, and a thousand more for double-posting, but I really do think that this could work.

We've finally established the Breeding Center for learning Egg Moves, and so the only things left are the Move Tutor moves.

For those who are behind on my original proposal, just to summarise from above, it was as follows:

In Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen for the Game Boy Advance, there are various Move Tutors, who will teach a Pokémon of yours an attack for free.

The moves given by each of these Move Tutors are all attacks which used to be TMs on Red/Blue/Yellow, so they're available in TM form in the PokéMart on this forum.

The only exception to this is for the moves Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, and Hydro Cannon, the elemental variants of Hyper Beam, which were exclusive to Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise respectively.

The moves which were taught by these Move Tutors are as follows (the TM number listed is the number of the TM in the URPG):

TM01 - Mega Punch
TM03 - Swords Dance
TM05 - Mega Kick
TM08 - Body Slam
TM10 - Double-edge
TM18 - Counter
TM19 - Seismic Toss
TM31 - Mimic
TM35 - Metronome
TM41 - Softboiled
TM42 - Dream Eater
TM45 - Thunder Wave
TM47 - Explosion
TM48 - Rock Slide
TM50 - Substitute

This means that my proposal is to allow us to teach these TMs to the Pokémon which can only learn the above moves via a Move Tutor from FireRed/LeafGreen.

The whole process would work in exactly the same way as teaching a Pokémon a TM as usual, and so there's no difference whatsoever.

The TM would still have to be bought from the Mart, and the Pokémon would still have to be able to learn that TM via a Move Tutor from FireRed/LeafGreen.

If anyone wants a list of which of these TMs can be taught to which Pokémon, then just check the PokéDex at Pokémon Fan Universe.

As for Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, and Hydro Cannon, I guess they could be added as TMs 109, 110, and 111, and be sold for the same price as Hyper Beam, that's entirely optional.

I don't see why this can't be done, it wouldn't require a new thread, or anything complicated like that, it merely requires the allowance by a URPG official.

I await your favourable reply.