View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Giratina Offline

Default Re: The Galaxy Key; Chapter FIVE posted!

BEGIN Chapter Six;
Celestial Arcanine, Twelve O'clock!

As the two red-and-white metal spheres flew through the air, all three pairs of eyes focused on them. Time seemed to slow itself down. Nobody actually knew why – it wasn’t anything terribly important, Caro and Kris were just sending out a couple of Golbat – but it still did nonetheless.

Everyone was silent as the Pokéballs made an indent in the snowy ground with a soft thump. They then began to open and released a red, swirling, luminescent energy into the air, which soon took the form of two Pokemon.

One was a large blue thing, with a gaping mouth that opened almost as big as it’s body; Small, beady eyes glanced around. Purple bat-like wings with blue edging beat in the air, sending drafts of wind down to the snowy mass below. It let out a piercing screech, which everyone translated to mean, “Oww...my wing hurts...”

The other did not have a giant gaping mouth like the first, but was rather a purple, footless blob with two sets of streamlined wings. The upper set of wings had purple edging and blue membrane inside, instead of the other way around. The lower set was entirely purple. Its mouth was twisted into what seemed to be a deformed frown. “What?” It rumbled in a hiss-like whisper.

Caro blinked. “Wh... Why does she get a Crobat?” He glared over in Kris’ direction, who was now in conversation with her newfound friend. “Huh...” He muttered, and turned to his Golbat. “Oh, hey. What’s wrong with your wing? Did I hit it too hard or something?” He stepped up to the large bat Pokémon.

“But...humans can’t understand Pokémon...” The Golbat muttered, staring at the teenager with curiosity. “Yeah, well... I’ll let you in on something. I used to be a Raichu and I’m from a different universe, and- Yeow!” Caro looked down to see that Cyrus had slammed down on his foot. “What was that for?!?” He whined, glaring up at the taller male.

“I don’t know if it’s such a great idea to go off telling your life’s story to a Golbat, who could very well sneak off in the dead of night while you’re asleep and babble to the whole world, do you?” He asked blankly. “Uh... oh yeah... I knew that!” Unfortunately, Caro was not a very good liar.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Cyrus kept his legs in a squatted position, to make flying easier for Honchkrow. All Caro and Kris needed to do was hold on, but a flat disk with wings has a much different method of flight than a large bird does. (Yeah, yeah. I know. A Honchkrow isn’t large, but how would a six-foot-tall man get around on a three-foot-tall bird? I tend to make things taller than they should be, but eh. Maybe it’s because I’m unnaturally tall too?)

“You okay up there?” Honchkrow called. “Yes.” Came his master’s blank response. At least they were at a high enough altitude nobody could see anything but a Honchkrow, a Crobat, and a Golbat having a pleasant flight...

Glancing back, Cyrus saw that Kris seemed to be holding on to the Crobat’s head, which the ridee didn’t seem to mind that much. Caro was having a bit of an easier time, though, as he had the Golbat’s feet to hold on to.

How did this...happen? No matter how many times Cyrus had tried to ignore – and eliminate - that thought over the past few days, it just wouldn’t die. He knew exactly how it happened, of course. After what happened at the Pillar, he had slunk off into a side cavern. The police force didn’t want anyone to know he was still out there, and he wasn’t showing any rebellion, so they kept their mouth shut and he did too.

Of course, he couldn’t hide from everyone. Or, rather, everything.

He remembered the scene vividly; it was hard not to. After all, it was only an ancient messenger for the higher powers in the universe sending him an invite to a divine trial up above the Spear Pillar, nothing big...

Mt. Coronet had so many useful little passages. It was quite an aid when you were being tailed by a couple of women in blue suits and a ‘detective’ who could not be bothered to do any detective work at all.

With every step, Cyrus progressed farther and farther away from his failed... experiment. He couldn’t call it a dream – a dream is the product of hope, the second weakest of all emotions. The first, of course, was love... but trivial things like that hardly mattered right now. What really mattered was that he get as far away from the idiots back at the Pillar as possible, and not be caught by any of them.

He wasn’t caught by the police.

He was caught by something much, much worse.

The Arcanine watched with glowing eyes – literally glowing, as they were emitting a brilliant white light – as he put one silent paw in front of the other, making sure not to make his presence known to the Human he was pursuing. That was one of the most important parts of the mission – to keep himself a secret until he felt the time was right to reveal himself.

He glanced down at the paper in his jaws. It was in Unown runes, so he wasn’t sure if his target would even understand what it said. But the runes these people used were unknown to the Pokemon, so hopefully Unown is one of their understood languages. This target was a smart one, anyway.

Finally, the target had stopped. This was his chance. Pawstep by pawstep, the glowing-eyed Arcanine quickened its pace. The target didn’t need to think he wasn’t there anymore; that wasn’t important anymore. What was important was that he got his invitation and accepted.

The large orange-and-cream dog Pokemon soon caught up. He didn’t go unnoticed – as soon as the target noticed something was behind him, he turned around and blasted the Arcanine with a blank but extremely creepy stare. The Pokemon shook this off, and then walked up to his target. Dropping the letter at his feet, the Arcanine walked back a few paces and sat down, waiting for an answer.

“Well,” The target said. “It seems your owner isn’t capable of using proper English. This is all in Unown runes...hmm. You Legends certainly do have fast postal service, don’t you?” He put the letter into his pocket, and stared the dog in the eye. “Fine.”

Happy that the objective had been completed, the Arcanine blinked.

When they opened, the bright white glow in its eyes had disappeared.

The startled caw of his Pokemon brought him back into the present.

“Swellow at twelve o’clock! I repeat! Swellow at twelve o’clock! And... It’s got a rider! Swellow with rider at twelve o’clock...!”

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)