View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy
Default Army From The Underground Depths

Army From The Underground Depths

Prolouge
For many years has the world of Onkoa been shrouded by darkness. It is forever watched by the demons of the underground depths of the Onkoa, there they live in the core. As other cores, it is extremely hot. The Demons are filled with evil, yet they are only pawns. The leader of the hideous creatures is more terrible than the evil, red, craggy, two horned beasts. He plans on using these “pawns” for his own... “ruling” purposes. Slowly, parts of Onkoa have been stormed by the demons and taken over as their land. People tried to fight back but the demon's strength are too much for the occupants of the land.
People began praying, praying and hoping that a saviour would come down and help them. They wished for an angel to come and save them from the darkness the Demon army had cast over them. Why the Demons had to try and rule, people do not know. Their prayer, their message was sent up to above the clouds. The villagers did not know that a saviour would soon be coming... a saviour whose name was...

Chapter I

Xiac looked at the book with a puzzled look. It seemed to have ended there, the historical book on Onkoa. It seemed as if the writer forgot that he needed to end it, as if he had forgotten the ending. Xiac sighed. He was interested on the Demon part, was it Fiction or the truth? It floated around Xiac's mind for a long time. Why does it have no ending? Who is this saviour? This is all too confusing. He sighed yet again and went to put the book back. The 14 year-old was in the library, he had been looking at the book for a long time. He found the book enticing as he was eager to know what secrets his home planet, Onkoa, had kept hidden and secret for so many years. Many people did not believe the book as they think it's only a fictional story. Xiac, however, didn't think so. He somehow believed it was true, but how was it? All these questions went through his mind. Soon he was having a headache, from all his thoughts and questions on the book. He stared at the book as he put it back, imagining what it would be like if it were real. It seemed... unrealistic. He sighed.
“Maybe it isn't real after all... what am I thinking? Of course it isn't real.”
“SHHHH!” Came a hiss from the librarian. Xiac scowled and left the library.
It was a beautiful Summer's day. The sun was out, there were no clouds and in the sky all he could see up there was a big blanket of blue. He smiled. He hadn't seen a day like this in ages. Xiac had mostly seen days with black clouds and rain. Not to mention the thunder and lightning that had come along with it.
Ever since exiting the Library he hadn't taken his mind off of the book he had just read. He couldn't deny that the book was fictional. Xiac didn't know whether it really had happened, if it was happening right now. If it was, why wasn't his village under threat already? This now was changing his mind. His village was quite weak, it didn't have anybody to defend it. Why hadn't they been attacked? Xiac now faced facts, it was fictional, nothing real about it. If it was real, it would put some excitement into everybody's lives... well not all of them.
Xiac's thoughts were soon disrupted by the caws of birds overhead. He looked up and something had fell down and splatted on his head. He heard some snivelling behind him and turned around to see Odon and his two gang members; Joko and Lux. They were soon laughing and pointing at Xiac and most people around the area began laughing. A bird had done his “business” on Xiac while he had looked at it fly away. Xiac sighed, this wasn't new at all. He had always been picked on by Odon and his gang. They made every excuse to pick on him. They were roughly the same age as him, 14. Xiac huffed and walked away, this caused Odon to get angry.
“Hey! Don't walk away from me when I'm laughing at you!” He shouted at him, expecting Xiac to be afraid. Odon's buddies were snivelling and saying things like “yeah, you tell him Odon” and “you better listen to him.” Xiac however didn't reply.
“Hey! I was speaking to you!” Odon shouted.
“Shut up will you.” Xiac said calmly. Joko and Lux echoed an “oooooooooh.” Odon's anger flared.
“Excuse me?! What did you say?!” Odon now approached Xiac, readying his fist for a punch. Then, as if out of no where, Susara came out of the Library and approached Odon. Susara and Odon had been going out lately, Xiac was pretty jealous. He had had a crush on Susara for years, now that she was with some lowlife he felt as if he should have acted sooner instead of admiring from afar. She approached Odon and stopped in front of him.
“Odon, just leave him alone. Leave it for another time okay?” She asked, her voice light and gentle. Odon smirked and nodded.
“Okay, but next time he's toast.” He exclaimed.
“I bet you wouldn't even know how to spell the word toast...” Xiac said quietly.
“What?!” Odon shouted, again anger flaring.
“Oh, nothing.” He said. “Deafo.” He spoke quietly again. Odon got his fist ready again when Susara placed her hand on her fist.
“Please?” Odon sighed.
“Fine.” He said, displeased with not having the pleasure of causing Xiac some pain. Susara turned to Xiac. Wait... what? Why is she looking at me? I think I'm going to blush. He tried not to make eye contact wit Susara as she approached him.
“The book?” She asked. Xiac looked up at her, puzzled.
“Sorry?”
“The book.” She said pointing to his hand which had held a book, the one he had read earlier. “You took it from the Library.” He explained. Xiac looked down and found that the book was in his hand. I must've not let go of the book when I left.
“I'm sorry.” He explained. “I didn't know I took it.” Susara also worked in the Library, she made sure everything was okay and nothing was stolen. She smiled.
“Don't worry about it.” Xiac handed her the book.
“Thank you.” She said and Xiac turned away, making sure she wouldn't see him blush.
“I've gotta go.” He said as he heard her giggle about what was on his head. He headed straight home to go and wash it off.

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.