View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Giratina Offline

Default Re: The Galaxy Key; Chapter Ten: A Smart-Alecky Examination of Rin

BEGIN Chapter Eleven;
Locating the Lost

Frowning deeply, Sneasel braced himself for the impact. “It’s been good, buddy.” He said softly, under his breath so that the Charizard about to roast him for lunch wouldn’t have another excuse to mock him without mercy.

“Go ahead,” he said out loud, “do what you like with me. Make me faint, kill me, anything. I will take it like a male either way.” He stood up to his full height (which wasn’t all that much taller than he was anyway) and stared Charizard straight in the face. He had no reason to do something so foolish as to present himself to be barbecued like a cowering wimp; if he was going to be barbecued for a dirt-talking Charizard’s lunch, he would take it like no Sneasel worth his salt would - with honor.

The Charizard was not fazed, but was rather even more amused.

“This keeps getting better and better!” the dragon pronounced. He stood on his haunches, pondering the best and most pleasurable way to sauté the little thing. He didn’t expect Sneasel to go anywhere, and Sneasel was not terribly likely to back down.

“Oh yes,” Charizard muttered. “This shall be fun.” As he spread his wings for dramatic effect, the beginnings of a Dragon Pulse were already rushing about in Charizard’s gaping mouth.

Unfortunately, this spectacular display of spontaneous combustion was cut short by a Thunderbolt that emitted a loud sizzling sound hitting Charizard in the skull.

The Charizard coughed and wheezed, still twitching from the mini-nuclear explosion that followed. It took a final breath, and thumped to the ground, out cold. Of course, this last breath sounded like something only the best and most respectable Charizards would say: “YOU ICICLE-TOTING WIMP!”

Everyone gasped in unison and began to search frantically for the creature that had summoned such a powerful attack; but the thing responsible was lurking in the trees just outside of their line of sight.

“Good, Magnezone.” Cyrus turned to his Pokémon, who whirred.

“Of course.” Magnezone bleeped back.

Something stirred in the trees behind Magnezone. He turned around to see what had made the disturbance.

“Who’s there…?” He whispered.

“Oh, nobody important.” An innocent, but cold female voice echoed out from the trees. A crimson-colored gem glowed, illuminating bright yellow eyes and a pink-and-blue face halfway between a wry grin and an evil smirk. It was attacked to a blue body, covered by the bushes. Not a pretty picture, I tell you.

“Come closer.” Mesprit cooed. “I have something to ask you.” She slipped further into the forest.

“I need to check on something. I think I heard a disturbance.” Cyrus nodded.

“Go ahead.” He leaned in the shadow of the huge building, listening to the uproar a few feet away.

“What is it?” Magnezone asked. He had arrived in a clearing not far from the space where he had fried Charizard from. Mesprit was floating four feet in the air, looking down at him. Four thick, pink, tube-shaped appendages with rounded edges stuck out of the sides and back of her head. The same pink color circled around her eyes and baby-blue face like a mask. Two long tails flowed down from the blue body, ending in spikes and another gem.

She smirked at him. “I call upon the higher powers bestowed upon me by the Unknown One,” she muttered. “I call upon my powers to mold the emotion of this metal creature to my will, and to keep it until I may dislodge it or it’s consciousness is lost, should that be the case.” Mesprit wanted to say ‘no matter what’ but Arceus forbade her; so she did the best she could. Magnezone blinked.

“Y-yes, Mistress? What do you require of me?” He asked, making another odd bowing motion. Her malevolent grin widened as she explained to Magnezone what she wanted him to do…

“Of course, my Mistress. I will follow your instructions to the syllable.” He bowed again and turned to leave, heading back for Sandgem Town…

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Cyrus watched as Magnezone flew over him and into the town, where the uproar from the battle had died down and Kris, Caro, and Rin were back to their flame war. Caro looked away for a second, and noticed Magnezone skid to a halt. All eyes were on Magnezone as Caro nudged and pointed to Kris. She turned, and fell slack-jawed.

For, you see, Magnezone was going full force. He was electrocuting everything. There were electric sparks flying as he sent various attacks in every direction he could reach. People began to scream and retreat to their homes, but Sandgem town wasn’t big enough for everyone to find a way away; he was blocking the north exit, and the other land route was blocked off by a fallen tree, now on fire; not many people had Surfing Pokémon on them, either.

Mesprit watched in amusement from the underbrush as Cyrus analyzed the situation. If he just stood here out of sight, Magnezone would overheat and quite possibly explode. If he didn’t, well… if he didn’t, he would have to run out into the town square, shut Magnezone down, and get he, Caro, and Kris out of there before anybody saw him.

Mesprit had it all planned out.

It was genius.

Magnezone was beginning to overheat, and sooner or later Cyrus would have to run out, leaving himself open for Mesprit to attack and to be seen by passerby. She began to giggle as Cyrus made his decision.

He bounded out into the town, shoving screaming citizens out of his way. Most of them were running for their lives, and the rest had only a split second to se him before he kept moving and was swallowed up by the crowd. He soon got to Magnezone, who was reaching the danger zone by now. Mesprit’s smile began to turn into a frown as she remembered this idiot’s talent.

He leaped onto Magnezone’s top half, positioning both feet on the magnets on either side. He held on to Magnezone’s antenna with one hand, and with the other began to frantically remove a panel on Magnezone’s back. He knew this thing inside and out. However, trying to deactivate a bucking Magnezone who is quite capable of exploding at the slightest mess-up made the operation a bit more difficult.

Most people had gotten into their homes by now, and were shoving their heads up against the window panels trying to catch a glimpse of their almost-savior. They were pretty happy with the guy; at least they were, until a particularly bright Energy Ball lit up the person on Magnezone’s back as it dropped to the ground with a thud.

A woman watched the scene from the window of a Pokémon Center from behind dark sunglasses. There were so many emotions swirling around in her head, she couldn’t decide on one to put on her face. Everyone else jumped in surprise when the Magnezone fired the Energy Ball. She just began to shake violently. Dizzily, she made her way back to her room and didn’t come out until the next morning…

Cyrus returned Magnezone as he ran, grabbing Caro and Kris by the arm as he tore off into the forest moving towards Twinleaf Town. Mesprit left for her cave, grumbling angrily.

“That little pest!” She hissed. “I made a perfect plan, and that scummy Link-spamming dingbat screwed it all up!

Messing with Legendaries, as you should realize by now, is a very messy and serious affair. Thus, it was not recommended by anybody. Ever. But people still did it, and most of the Legendaries give the punishment, and once they’ve done their work shrug it off. But not Mesprit.

No, not Mesprit at all.

She usually goes along with it with all of the other Legendaries, and the other Legendaries accept that. But this was the first time she’s lost her cool like this, and all of the other members of the celestial Cool Kids table knew something was going to go very, very wrong with Mesprit’s desire for twisted justice. And the worst part was, nothing in their power could be done to stop her.

Mesprit teleported back to her cave, frowning deeply. It would be rather difficult to describe what she was saying and keep any sign of respect for the younger crowd, so it shall just be said that she was very, very angry and was speaking as such.

+++++++++++++++++

“Well, that was fun.” Kris said coldly as they caught their breath in a separate area of the forest, hopefully far away enough from Sandgem Town.

“Caro nearly got himself beaten to a pulp, Magnezone went on rampage, you went out in public, and someone is trying very hard to screw up our lives. I can’t wait to wake up tomorrow.”

She growled as a large raindrop fell with a plop on to her head.

I really do like Charizard's line. It was very well-thought out.

Mesprit. Shut up.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 11-14-2008 at 08:33 PM.