View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 02:12 PM
iReign Offline

Send a message via AIM to iReign Send a message via MSN to iReign Send a message via Skype™ to iReign
Default Re: Hip-Hop 101: Who you should be listening to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardy View Post
Nice list, checked out some of the guys you mentioned and checked them out, and enjoyed them, a lot, although there are a few things I would change. For one, LL Cool J to Who can either be really awful or really good depending on the track. You yourself said that his old stuff was good in the list. ;P

Another is move Fort Minor to the You Should be Listening To list, because there really isn't a bad track on their album, except maybe Petrified.

And Lil' Wayne to the Ignore list. Although this is basicly out of the "**** Lil Wayne" mindset I have and the fact I hate everything I have heard from him. Opinion though, because a lot of other people like him. That guy that posted above me for one. .

I would add Asher Roth to the Who can either be really awful or really good depending on the track and TIMZ to the You Should be Listening To as well. Asher Roth because he is gaining in popularity lately, and his Mixtape was great and his album was decent, however has had a few bad songs on both. And TIMZ is awesomely underrated. Mainly because his stuff is rare, I guess. His MySpace has some of his stuff on though. Like Iraq. Also, Necro to Ignore and Ill Bill to Listen To. Necro because, well, he really isn't good. At all. And not because he does Death Rap or whatever. Just because... yeah. Bill is great though. Finally, John Cena to the awful/great list, he had an above average rap album with a few great tracks, few bad though, not for everybody either way. Also Tha Trademarc to the good list.

I can attempt to help if you want, though I know little about rap. o;
I disagree with that statement. I believe he should stay right where he is. I find that his mixtapes > his albums. If you would dig a little deeper one Youtube than just maybe the front page of Lil Wayne search results, you'd find some pretty good songs, and maybe even some with a message. I must admit that Tha Carter III was a disappointment, with only really one track that I REALLY like (Mr. Carter), but Tha Carter and Tha Carter II were really good. I find that his verses were a lot better before he dropped Tha Carter III as well. In my opinion, Wayne can be a monster on someone elses song, but his own can be kind of lack luster. Therefor, he is placed where he should stay.

life is a btch, but i appreciate her
AIM: ireignorshine
urpg