View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 09:33 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir
Default Re: Individual RP: Redino987

OoC: it's not a matter of physical or special, but more of contact and no contact. Barring few examples, though (like Bonemerang, Magnitude and Earthquake) Physical moves equal contact and close combat. Bullet Punch and Mach Punch are contact too, but they're so fast that you don't see them, and Shadow Punch, being a ghost move, can be used as a ranged attack too.
Better stick to the general rule though: contact moves are close range.

Also, don't "bunny" Grumpig's reaction. To bunny means take control of another person's character (such as the wild Grumpig, technically mine). You keep saying it gets scared, but I never gave any notice of Grumpig showing emotions. Well, other than being rather pissed at being hit.

Absol kept a firm grip on the swine's arm, and as it prepared its next attack Redino said its next attack.

"Absol, bite down harder and see if you can toss that swine away!"

The white-furred Pokemon complied by sinking his sharp canines deeper into the opponent's flesh, then proceeded to swing his head around to toss Grumpig away as it tried to stay still and focus the Power Gem.

The Absol threw his opponent away with one last swing, sending Grumpig towards the wall of the cave- not that it really mattered much. Sure, Grumpig dropped its previous attack, but it was simply to redirect its attention to its spring-like tail, bouncing off the wall and avoiding further damage, quickly going towards its opponent Absol to crash on him.

"Absol, Will-O-Wisp!" Redino added.

Embers of chilling fire appeared in the Pokemon's mouth, dancing aloof in the still air, lighting the cave an eeire blue, giving Absol a rather sadist look- more Ax Crazy, actually- in the mild lighting.

Grumpig was already going to crash into its opponent, so had really no chance to stray from its path, thus colliding directly with Absol- and the Will-O-Wisps. The ghastly flames seemed to explode on contact, grazing the black swine's skin and causing pain- exactly the purpose they had been made for.

Both recoiled from the Splash attack and retreated ever so slightly. Recovering from its own attack, and hurting inside from the burn, but not showing any of it, the Pig Pokemon tried again to charge up another Power Gem.

Third time's the charm I guess.

Area effect: It's hailing outside.
Redino is inside a cave. Light filters from behind him, but there isn't much due to the hail clouds shielding the sun. The cave is dark that you can barely see Grumpig. The cave is large enough to let An Aggron comfortably stand, though it'd have problems moving around. The cave seems to extend underground for long.
Poochyena's Pokeball is still on the ground beside Redino.

Encounter #3

Grumpig (??/??/??) 30%
Burn
]Power Gem[

Trainer Stats:
Name: Redino Xenerous
Total Items: 9 hyper balls, 9 Max Potions

'Mons

In Battle: Absol(M)(brave) 64.87%
Super Luck
TMs/HMs/BMs/SMs/MTs: TM Stone Edge, TM Shadow Claw, TM X-Scissor, TM Iron Tail, TM Rock Tomb, TM Aerial Ace, TM Giga Impact, TM Protect, TM Fire Blast, TM Flamethrower, TM Hail, TM Ice Beam, TM Blizzard, TM Substitiute, TM Thunderbolt, TM Calm Mind, TM Will-O-Wisp, TM Thunder, TM Dream Eater, TM Sleep Talk, TM Dark Pulse, MT Superpower, MT Icy Wind

~Ninjask(M) (calm)
Speed Boost
TMs/HMs/BMs/SMs/MTs: TM Protect, TM Roost

Pokemon Caught:
Rash Poochyena (Quick Feet)

Previous Encounters:
#1 Male Jolly Abra- Fainted
#2 Male Rash Poochyena - Caught
#3 Grumpig (??/??/??)

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.