View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 12:00 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default Re: GYM LEADER Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
The Gym Leader must only use Pokémon whose Speed is 100 or above, and Pokémon whose weight is 220 lbs or above. Whenever possible the Gym Leader must have a heavy Pokémon combined with a fast one.
Should be under "Theme" where your, er, RANT is...
Quote:
Your starting pair can be any two Pokemon you want, however, they MUST fit the Gym Leader's requirements.
Meaning that the first pair of Pokemon the challenger send out must have a base Speed of 100 or greater and/or must weight at least 220 lbs.?
Quote:
Alakazam, Sceptile, Charizard, Lapras, Snorlax, Magnezone (Hydregion and Weavile will also fit, once I have them. For now, wildcards. But eventually I will have them all.)
You only need to state your six default Pokemon (in this case, it's Alakazam, Sceptile, Charizard, Lapras, Snorlax, and Magnezone). The others (Hydregion and Weavile) can be switched in later by posting here.

Wild cards are Pokemon that are usable whether or not they fit your theme. So if your theme was "Fire-types only", then you could use Venusaur to prevent yourself from being swept by Water-types. Etc, etc.

-

Tossing this in, just 'cuz~
Bold indicates that the Pokemon is in both groups.

Pokemon with base speed ≥ 100:
Charizard, Fearow, Raichu, Ninetales, Tentacruel, Dodrio, Voltorb, Typhlosion, Miltank, Linoone, Slaking, Flygon, Salamence, Staraptor, Volcarona, Simisage, Simisear, Simipour, Garchomp, Emolga, Kadabra, Rapidash, Scyther, Electabuzz, Manectric, Lopunny, Mismagius, Zoroark, Cryogonal, Mienshao, Liepard, Infernape, Galvantula, Durant, Gengar, Tauros, Jumpluff, Espeon, Froslass, Archeops, Purugly, Scolipede, Serperior, Swoobat, Persian, Starmie, Sneasel, Floatzel, Ambipom, Cinccino, Zebstrika, Whimsicott, Dugtrio, Alakazam, Sceptile, Swellow, Weavile, Jolteon, Aerodactyl, Crobat, Electrode, Accelgor, and Ninjask.

Pokemon with weight ≥ 220 lbs.:
Venusaur, Tropius, Meganium, Boldore, Rampardos, Salamence, Graveler, Munchlax, Haxorus, Dusknoir, Garbodor, Claydol, Spiritomb, Ferrothorn, Shelgon, Rhyhorn, Scizor, Dewgong, Exeggutor, Rhydon, Donphan, Lairon, Forretress, Ursaring, Tangrowth, Machamp, Wailmer, Slaking, Cloyster, Jellicent, Abomasnow, Electivire, Druddigon, Lickilicky, Cryogonal, Magnezone, Bronzong, Crustle, Scolipede, Tyranitar, Metang, Onix, Dragonite, Lapras, Mantine, Camerupt, Gyarados, Hariyama, Glalie, Gigalith, Beartic, Rhyperior, Mamoswine, Golem, Hippowdon, Torterra, Golurk, Probopass, Aggron, Wailord, Steelix, Snorlax, and Metagross.

This shows that your possible roster would be WAY too big. How about you have to use all four of the bolded Pokemon, and one other Pokemon from each group to make your six? It's either this, come up with a new theme, or pitch a compromise at me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
31-70: The pokemon receives poison damage for this round only.
What do you mean by this?
Quote:
95-100: The pokemon is healed by 10 HP.
*10% Health.
Quote:
(/Cough/ Just a side note. If you wanted little pixel images to represent the badges you would win, I would volunteer to make them.)
I don't see why not... Make them and we'll see. :)

Now, my main concern is the size of your possible Roster... How about your theme is "Pokemon that can learn Poison-type moves via level up that are not of the Poison-type." So, in this instance, Houndour/Houndoom would work because it's not a Poison-type, and it learns Smog (Poison-type move) by leveling up. Sound good? Or it could be "Poison-types that can learn a Poison-type move when leveling up." but I fear that a theme like that could cripple you too easily. If you have another compromise proposal, I'm all ears. :P

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 06-03-2011 at 12:03 PM.