View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Phantom0990 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Phantom0990
Default Re: TES V: Skyrim - Dovahkiin Reborn

Whiterun - Cont'd

He tied the bag to his belt and left, asking the guard if he knew where he could find Lydia. The best guess the guard could make was that she would be at the Bannerd Mare. He thanked the guard and began to descend the steps from Dragonsreach.

Asking a few locals he made his way to the Bannered Mare, he found the inn in the center of town near the market. He went in, looking to rent his room for the night. He stepped inside. The common room was already occupied, a bard stood playing a lute, though no one seemed to be listening, a man in heavy armor sat in the corner with a woman in heavy armor, he was seemed to be complaining, as Revak walked by he heard something about how "Security in Whiterun is terrible."

Revak made his way to the innkeep, he found her standing behind the bar, cleaning a mug and scowling at the bard. She didn't seem to notice Revak. Revak cleared his throat, she smiled, "Oh, hello dear, pull up a seat. What can I get for you?"

"How much for a room?" Revak asked as he took a seat at the bar.

"Ten gold for the night," she said inspecting the mug, "Fifty for the week."

"No need I only plan to stay the night."

"Just ten gold then," she smiled as Revak reached into his coin purse and payed her the gold, "It's yours for the day, just up the stairs, and it's on the right."

"Thanks," he smiled, and stood. With a nod he left the inn and made his way to the Skyforge. The old forge was up hill and sat just beneath Dragonreach. Revak smiled to himself when he had found it was still there. The great eagle's wings spread over the forge, and a grisled old Nord tended the flames, "Hello?"

The old Nord turned, "Ah, sorry, I didn't see you there." He offered a soot covered hand, "My names Eorlund Gray-Mane, I tend the Skyforge."

"My name's Revakkaal," Revak said, holding out his hand, Eorlund took it,

"I'm looking for some armor, I'm doing a job for the Jarl."

"Heavy or light armor?"

"Heavy."

"I have something that might suit you," he reached underneath the table and lifted heavy iron armor onto the table. The armor landed with a clunk,

"Fine iron armor, with nord style steel gauntlets and iron boots, bonded shield, steel sword, and a iron helm if you like."

Revak inspected the armor, it was of good quality, "How much?"

Eorlund smiled, "Don't pay yet. If you're doing a job for Balgruuf, you survive, you pay."

Revak raised his brow, "Risky business."

"Risky, but if you finish your job, get your name out?"

Revak smiled, "A way of getting your name out there."

"Just don't get yourself killed," Eorlund smirked.

"Thank you," Revak said as he tested the armor's size, it was almost perfect. He adjusted the straps on the bonded armor, it was slightly loose, but it would work fine. "I'll try not to die."

"That's all I ask kid."

He felt whole wearing armor again, the familiar clink and weight he found comforting. He left the Skyforge, shield at his side and a sword on his hip. He stood underneath the white tree in the square, and was about to return to the inn, when he heard a man shouting to his right, "Talos the mighty! Talos the unerring! Talos the unassailable! To you we give our praise! And deserve our praise you do, for we are one!" Well, that is interesting, he saw a small man in a black robe standing underneath a statue. Revak did a double take, the statue wasn't him. It was a statue of Ysmir. The Nords had always made that mistake after he'd ascended, Ysmir was, after all, his liason to Skyrim during his time with the Empire, they often confused him for Talos. Of course if one knew how Talos really looked like they'd know he never word a beard, nor fought with two handed weapons.

This little man though had a big voice, it rang though the courtyard, shrill and loud, "Ere you ascended and the Eight became Nine, you walked among us, mighty Talos! Not as god, but as Man! But you were once man! Aye! And as man you said, "Let me show you the power of Talos Stormcrown, born of the North, where my breath is long winter! I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land that is mine. I do this for you, red Legions, for I love you!'"

I never said that, Revak thought, did I? No I didn't. 'long winter'? What did that even mean? "Aye! Love! Love! Even as man great Talos cherishes us, for he saw in each of us the future of Skyrim! The future of Tamriel! And there it is friends! The ugly and truth. We are children of man. Talos is the true god of man; Ascended from flesh, to rule the realm of spirit!

The very idea is inconceivable to our Elven overlords! Sharing the heavens with us? With man? Ha! They can barely tolerate our presence on Nirn! Today they take away your faith, but tomorrow? What then? Do the elves take your homes? You businesses? Your children? Your very lives? And what does the Empire do? Nothing! Nay, worse than nothing! The Imperial Machine enforces the will of the Thalmor! Against it's own people! So rise up! Rise up children of the Empire! Rise up Stormcloaks! Embrace the word of mighty Talos, he who is both man and Divine!" Revak nodded, it touched him that this priest would even dare preach of him, especially with the chance that an emissary of the Empire may overhear. He left a heafty donation, and made his way back to the inn.

It was crowded when he arrived. A large group had assembled at the bar, and they seemed to be cheering someone on. Revak stayed back and watched. He saw a young nord woman with dark hair standing in a fighting position opposite a large Imperial in heavy chain mail. Her smile was mischievious as the oaf of an Imperial lunged at her, but it set him off balance, she dodged he fell forward. The crowd laughed, enraging the drunken Imperial further, he charged her again, this time Revak didn't even see what had happened. One moment she was about to be mowed down, the next her opponent was lying on his back in a daze. She was about to stike him where he lay, but then she stepped away, leaving money on the bar she went to the back corner and took a seat.

Revak joined her in the back corner, she was sipping on ail and nursing a split lip. She stared at Revak, but gave up when she realized he wasn't leaving, "Good fight," he said as he ordered a mead, "where'd you learn how to fight?" She didn't even look at him, "Let's get to the point then? I'm doing some work for the Jarl, he's asked me personally," he said, eyeing her for any changes in demeanor, "He's asked me to to into Bleak Falls Barrow and retrienve something. I leave tomorrow. I'm looking for someone to back me up."

She still didn't make eye contact, "So you're looking for someone to charge in first."

"Not really," he said, taken aback, "I just need someone to watch my back. It'd be easier as a group."

"What's in it for me?" she asked, taking a drink.

"Let's see," Revak scratched his chin in a humorous fashion, "A chance to get out of Whiterun and make a name for yourself for one, for two you might just help me defeat this dragon problem Skyrim's been having lately."

She finally looked at him, "You?" she smirked, "Fighting dragons?"

"Yes," he said with a smile, "I survived one dragon attack, I might as well try my luck again."

"You were at Helgen?"

He nodded now serious, "It can't happen again, not to Whiterun, not anywhere."

"No."

"You in?"

She was silent for a moment, "Yes."