View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Christian Feminists? Oh, the irony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
All right, I can't keep my nose out of this after all, I guess. Just want you to know that the law is not as active/needful today as you believe. Many people/churches were repeatedly called out because they were mixing old traditions with the faith, as if the latter weren't enough to save them. Once upon a time people needed sacrifices of bulls and lambs to atone for their sins before God, but then when Jesus happened.
That is not true at all.

Quote:
Matthew 5:17
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
And even if it did mean that the old laws were destroyed, how do you justify the Christian belief in the Ten Commandments, or the lack of acceptance for homosexuals? That is what cherry-picking is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
Most of the laws concerned making certain sacrifices considering certain sins, but when Jesus came his sacrifice was meant to cover all sins - not by works, which is what is involved in the law, but by faith. If you don't believe me, read Galatians because it obviously has a lot to say on the matter. The law is no longer necessary for salvation; Jesus, however, is.
And this justifies the passages in the Bible how? This justifies current bigotry within religion how? This only makes the case worse, even if the idea that the original covenant was made void is true by Biblical standards.

And if faith is all you need, it can be an easy justification for committing acts of evil under God's name. As long as you truly believe, you are fine. This is an incredibly immoral view.