View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Kei Ochima Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kei Ochima
Default Re: [RP] The Secrets of Fells Church: Ghost World

As Caroline laid there she felt Kiseki sit next to her on the bed, and even though she didn't look at him she could feel his eyes on her. The female didn't move or even slightly flinch when she felt Kiseki gently brush her hair away from her face, instead continuing to look out the window.

“I’m sorry you’re having to go through so much lately, Caroline…” Kiseki spoke softly. “I wish I could take your place, or at the very least give you my own happiness… It’s not fair that you’re the one who always has to suffer.” His words triggered something in Caroline as she finally looked over to him, the blonde sitting up on the bed and took Kiseki's hands into her own.

"I would rather be going through everything, Kiseki. I would never want you to go through everything I've been having to go through lately." Caroline spoke in a soft tone as well, leaning over and connecting her lips with Kiseki's in a soft kiss. Under normal circumstances she would had began to slowly deepen the kiss, which would always make Kiseki blush but fall into it which Caroline always found adorable about Kiseki, but the blonde broke the kiss to look at him. "I'll be fine. Probably by tomorrow morning I'll be back to normal."

“It’s not right that at least one person in this group seems to always be suffering.” Back downstairs Aiden spoke, the group looking over to him.

“It seems that way right now, doesn’t it?” Ichiru responded with a sigh and leaned back against the couch he was sitting on.

"Do you two want to stay home from school tomorrow?" Ashley asked as she looked down towards her children, who looked at their mother in shock as they continued to lean against her on the couch. Ashley looked over to Ichiru, a concerned look on her face. "I think it would be best to keep them from school tomorrow. With everything going on, and what had just happened with Caroline and Kotomi, Abigail and Scarlet might get distracted from it during school or even have a breakdown."

"I think keeping them home would be best." Kotomi agreed as she looked over to Ichiru.

"They haven't missed that many days of school, so missing a day won't hurt." Ashley smiled, looking back down towards her children. "The two of you are going to have some make-up work though."

"We know." Abigail nodded.

"Does this mean we can stay up an hour later tonight?" Scarlet asked with hope in her eyes, bringing Ashley's smile to only widen.

"Yeah you can, but the two of you have to play quietly." Ashley instructed.

"Can we draw at the kitchen table then?" Abigail asked, bringing Ashley to nod as her children stood up from the couch and headed into the kitchen as Ashley followed, the brunette getting together some paper and crayons.

A few hours had gone by as the sun didn't make itself known yet, though it was going to rise very soon as Caroline opened her eyes. The deep depression was still lingering inside her, and to make matters even worse was that she had suffered from horrible nightmares all night. The blonde didn't know what do to, Caroline slowly and quietly slipping out of bed and walked over to the window. She needed to think everything over, deciding to carefully open the window silently and jumped through it without even putting on a pair of shoes. Caroline landed on the ground with cat-like grace and made her way towards the street, the Vampire having no set destination.

Ashley opened her eyes for the fifth time that night since she had trouble sleeping, the Vampire finally deciding to stay awake since the sun would be up shortly. She got out of bed while trying not to disturb Ichiru and walked out of the room, heading towards the twin's room and peeked through the opened door. The twin girls were still fast asleep with Raven sleeping on the edge of Scarlet's bed, the sight bringing Ashley to smile before leaving.

She wanted to check on Caroline next, the brunette making her way towards Kiseki's and Caroline's room and slowly opened the door, peeking her head inside to only have her eyes widen in shock. She saw that Caroline was gone, and after using her enhanced hearing to see if she could hear Caroline in the house she heard nothing, bringing Ashley to quickly cross the room towards Kiseki's side of the bed.

"Kiseki!" Ashley whispered as she tried not to wake anyone else up in the house, the Vampire lightly shaking the other Vampire. "Where's Caroline?" Ashley asked, looking over towards the opened window.

Without it fully registering until she actually looked up from the ground Caroline found herself standing on Wickery Bridge, the same bridge which Ashley's adoptive parents had died and where Ashley had almost died. Caroline looked at the bridge in shock, the blonde slowly walking towards the edge where she looked down towards the water below.

"It's okay, sweetie." A much familiar voice said from beside Caroline, the blonde quickly turning her head and saw a woman with short blonde hair and piercing blue eyes like Caroline's.

"M-mom?" Caroline gasped, her jaw dropping as her eyes widened. Caroline's mother Liz smiled, placing her hand up to Caroline's cheek as the Vampire actually felt her mother's touch.

"I know what you're going through, and it's okay. You want to end your life, which is what you have to do, Caroline. Kevin killed you, and you were supposed to stay dead, not become a Vampire."

"I don't know what to do." Caroline said as she shook her head, tears pooling her eyes as Liz brought her hand back to her side.

"Yes you do, honey. You know exactly what to do." Liz nodded, looking down towards Caroline's Lapis Lazuli ring. Caroline followed her mother's gaze, lifting up her left hand which had the ring on it. "That's right. The sun will come up, and this will all be over." Caroline looked back up towards her mother. "It's the right thing to do, Caroline. You know it is. Admit it." Caroline slowly nodded, the tears in her eyes falling down her cheeks.

"Because I'm a monster... I accidentally killed you which completed my transition... I deserve to die." Caroline slowly looked towards the water, the blonde slipping off her ring and held it over the bridge. After taking a deep breath Caroline released the ring, watching as it fell into the water and sank to the bottom of the deep lake.

Caroline stood there for a few moments as she looked beyond the thick trees, seeing the sun begin to slowly rise but the sunlight not breaking through the trees just yet. Her mother Liz stood next to her as she waited as well, though that wasn't actually Liz's Ghost. Liz had died as a human, which meant that her spirit didn't linger in the Ghost World. What Caroline was experiencing were hallucinations, a very nasty side-effect from Kotomi taking away the happiness in Caroline's aura. While Kotomi's mental wall was stabilizing, Caroline's wall was breaking.

"I can't do this..." Caroline said with a troubled look as she shook her head. "I can't leave Kiseki and the others."

"Kiseki and everyone else is better off without you. Can't you see that?" Liz asked, bringing Caroline to quickly look over to her.

"But mom, Kiseki and I love each other. We're planning on adopting a baby together, and my friends need me just as much as I need them..."

"They'll still have you, as a Ghost. You'll be a Ghost who helps them, not a monster who can hurt them." Caroline thought over her mother's words, the Vampire slowly nodding in agreement.

"Y-your right. I..." Caroline paused, more tears traveling down her face as she looked at her mother. "I'm so sorry I killed you mom... I didn't mean to. Mom I didn't mean to disappoint you."

"You didn't disappoint me." Liz responded with a motherly smile. "You are everything that I ever wanted you to be. But you died, and you were supposed to stay dead."

"Caroline." A new voice was suddenly heard from behind Caroline, bringing the blonde to turn around and see Klaus standing a few feet in front of her; this wasn't an hallucination.

"Klaus?" Caroline asked, quickly looking behind her but saw that her mother was gone. A pained expression traveled to Caroline's face, the blonde looking back over towards Klaus. "How did you find me?"

"It didn't take a genius to figure it out. Everyone in your group always seem to end up here." Klaus responded.

"You were always right, Klaus. Vampires kill people, and that we're nothing but monsters. After killing my own mother... I can't live with myself." Caroline said, the hollowness returning to her eyes as she looked back towards the sun where the light would shine through the trees at any moment.

"Well look at you, being all 'glass is half emptied'." Klaus said as he began to slowly move closer. "Let's just go talk about this before you do something stupid, okay?"

"The sun will be up soon." Liz was suddenly standing right in front of Klaus, bringing Caroline to look over to her. "It will be almost over." Caroline gave a slow nod, looking back towards the sky as her mother disappeared once again. She then looked down towards her hand where her Lapis Lazuli ring was supposed to be, to which Klaus followed her gaze. His eyes instantly widened in shock when seeing the ring missing, the Hybrid looking back up towards Caroline.

"Where's your ring? Where's your ring, Caroline?" Klaus asked, though silence was his answer as he quickly looked towards the sky, seeing the sun rising. "We need to get you inside."

"It's almost time." Liz said from behind Caroline, to which she looked over her shoulder.

"Please just come with me, Caroline." Klaus said in a strained tone as Caroline looked back over to him.

"Don't let him stop you." Liz ordered as Caroline looked back over to her. Klaus looked at her in confusion, the Hybrid realizing Caroline was having hallucinations. "I know you want to, but you can't. Don't let this monster stop you." Klaus quickly looked over towards the sky again, seeing that the sunlight was starting to break through the trees.

"Damn it Caroline!" Klaus growled as he used his speed to try and catch Caroline, but she used her own speed and stood a few feet away from Klaus as Liz disappeared once again.

"Leave me alone!" Caroline shouted to Klaus, to which he sighed and decided to speak in a softer reasonable tone, his face softening.

"Listen, Caroline. I could honestly leave here right now and let you die, if that is what you truly want, if you really believe your existence has no meaning. I've thought about it myself, once or twice over the centuries, truth be told." Klaus paused, beginning to slowly walk towards Caroline. "But I'll let you in on a little secret; there's a whole world out there waiting for you. Great cities, art, music..." He paused as he looked at Caroline, like he was taking her in for the very first time. A shocked expression appeared on his face, looking the female Vampire up and down as he continued to slowly walk towards her as more tears pooled Caroline's eyes. "Genuine beauty... and you can have all of it. All you have to do is come with me."

"I..." Caroline's tears slid down her face, the Vampire sinking in Klaus' words. "I don't want to die..."

"Good." Klaus smiled, though a troubled look quickly crossed Caroline's features as a burning sound could be heard. She lifted up her hand as it began to burn, Klaus quickly looking over to the sky in alarm as the sun shined brightly over the bridge. He looked back over to Caroline, the skin exposed from her blue tank top beginning to burn badly as well.

"Klaus..." Caroline said alarm as her eyes widened, the Hybrid quickly wrapping his arms around Caroline and used his speed to jump in the lake while still hanging onto her. The two crashed into the water together and began to sink down, the two opening their eyes under the water as Caroline's burning stopped.

Don't go up to the surface until we find your ring. Klaus said telepathically to Caroline as she nodded, the blonde relieved that Vampires weren't able to drown as the two broke apart and searched for Caroline's ring at the bottom of the lake. Klaus was able to find it about ten minutes later, the Hybrid handing the ring to Caroline as she slipped it onto her left ring finger. The two then swam up to the surface, breathing for air as Caroline looked to Klaus.

"Thank you... for saving me." Caroline said with slight confusion in her tone, to which Klaus gave a smile.

"Don't expect it all the time." Klaus responded, the two beginning to swim towards the edge of the lake.