Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Pickleboy Offline

Default Just making sure...

OK, if my memery and knowledge serve me correct, the definition of an "Uber" is ANY Pokemon that has a combined base stat of 600 or more. Please tell me if I am correct or incorrect, because I am most sure I am.

NOTE to Mods: When this here question is answered, do NOT lock this thread, for there will be more question asked later.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:48 PM
Charmander96 Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: Just making sure...

A "Uber" is someone who uses lengendry pokemon to own other people i think
Old 10-29-2007, 05:49 PM
Darkness Arising Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander96 View Post
That's what I always thought it meant. I didn't know about the Stat thing, I mean, I knew you could raise it with gameshark and stuff but didn't know that that was what gave the Legendary the term "Uber".
Old 10-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Pickleboy Offline

Quote:
No no, that's considered a "n00b"!
Old 10-29-2007, 05:51 PM
Charmander96 Offline
Master Trainer

Sometimes people take using legendrys to own other people as cheating thats why they call them "ubers".....I think
Old 10-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Pickleboy Offline

Quote:
Sometimes people take using legendrys to own other people as cheating thats why they call them "ubers".....I think
The n00b term is for people, and Uber is a term used for specific pokemon. But back to the question. I just need confirmation... that's all.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Charmander96 Offline
Master Trainer

Wink Re: Just making sure...

The other term would be using very very powerfull pokemon against weak pokemon or another term would be using cheats and hacks i dunno for sure
Old 10-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Pickleboy Offline

Quote:
The other term would be using very very powerfull pokemon against weak pokemon or another term would be using cheats and hacks i dunno for sure
No, that is wrong. It has nothing to do with hacks or cheats or a comparison thing. It's an overall base stat add-up. That's all. (-.-") Can ANYONE answer my question?

Last edited by Pickleboy; 10-30-2007 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:49 PM
DarkLugiaMaster Gir Offline
Elite Trainer

Talking Re: Just making sure...

I was just about to ask sorry i can't answer this but not just legendaries are ubers cause Wobbufetts an Uber

The secret is the answer
Old 10-31-2007, 12:11 AM
Pickleboy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLugiaMaster Gir View Post
I was just about to ask sorry i can't answer this but not just legendaries are ubers cause Wobbufetts an Uber
My point exactly. The definition of an "Uber" is ANY pokemon that has a total Base Stat sum of 600 or more. The fact that Palkia, Groudon, ect. are "Ubers" is obvious. Out of spite (and curiosity), I decided to look into Salamence and Garchomp (now, anyone who's read my posts already know I hate the hell out of them). I went to good ol' Serebii.net and decided to add up Salamence's Base Stats... wait... could it be... 600 total!? What about Garchomp? ... NO WAY!! 600 total, also!? But wait, I could swear that people claim to use these pokemon in "S-standard competition". Could it be that people are are liers, or were just horibly miss-led? But if Salamence and Garchomp aren't to be considered "Uber", then THAT means my Manaphy is clear of charge, and can be used in standard play! Oh, wait... Manaphy is an "Uber"? But... it's total Base Stat sum is 600 on the dot! What does this all mean, people!?
Old 10-31-2007, 01:01 AM
Jose Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jose Send a message via MSN to Jose Send a message via Yahoo to Jose

The definition of an uber is that is the most powerful so he will own the game.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:21 AM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleboy View Post
My point exactly. The definition of an "Uber" is ANY pokemon that has a total Base Stat sum of 600 or more. The fact that Palkia, Groudon, ect. are "Ubers" is obvious. Out of spite (and curiosity), I decided to look into Salamence and Garchomp (now, anyone who's read my posts already know I hate the hell out of them). I went to good ol' Serebii.net and decided to add up Salamence's Base Stats... wait... could it be... 600 total!? What about Garchomp? ... NO WAY!! 600 total, also!? But wait, I could swear that people claim to use these pokemon in "S-standard competition". Could it be that people are are liers, or were just horibly miss-led? But if Salamence and Garchomp aren't to be considered "Uber", then THAT means my Manaphy is clear of charge, and can be used in standard play! Oh, wait... Manaphy is an "Uber"? But... it's total Base Stat sum is 600 on the dot! What does this all mean, people!?
It means your definition is wrong. Not all Pokemon with a base stat total of 600 are classified as ubers. Pokemon that are simply too powerful for standard competitive battling rules are listed as such.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:28 AM
Fire Away Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Megumi's right. Slaking has a Base Stat Total higher than 600, I believe, but he's a BL pokemon because his ability holds him back. Celebi is a 600 BST Pokemon, but it's OU because it has a trillion weaknesses. Shaymin is 600, but its movepool sucks. It's BL.

I could go on, but you get my point.

While BST does sometimes come up while making tier lists, it's ultimately a Pokemon's effectiveness in regular battles that determine whether it's Uber or not. In the early stages of D/P, Manaphy was a debated uber, but was usually allowed in OU play. However it was discovered that with Hydro Resting and Tail Glow sweeping, he was too powerful for OU play and was shoved in ubers.

Did I help out any?

Hi

Last edited by Fire Away; 10-31-2007 at 04:30 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:04 PM
Dragon_Master Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

And wobbafett, although it seems a very weak pokemon, is a UBER.
It's got extremly good attacks.

UBER users are not cool!

\-†††-/It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool,
then to open it, and remove all doubt.\-†††-/

Old 10-31-2007, 01:55 PM
Pickleboy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Away View Post
Megumi's right. Slaking has a Base Stat Total higher than 600, I believe, but he's a BL pokemon because his ability holds him back. Celebi is a 600 BST Pokemon, but it's OU because it has a trillion weaknesses. Shaymin is 600, but its movepool sucks. It's BL.

I could go on, but you get my point.

While BST does sometimes come up while making tier lists, it's ultimately a Pokemon's effectiveness in regular battles that determine whether it's Uber or not. In the early stages of D/P, Manaphy was a debated uber, but was usually allowed in OU play. However it was discovered that with Hydro Resting and Tail Glow sweeping, he was too powerful for OU play and was shoved in ubers.

Did I help out any?
I think that's a really stupid way to classify a Pokémon. And it's not like you can't hinder certain moves or abilities, and every Pokémon has a weakness, whether it's by type or statistics. I don't know what Blastoise and Ludicolo are considered, but I can name MANY situations where those two beat "Uber" and "OU" pokemon without breaking a sweat.