Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Pokemon Main Boards Ľ Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Akatsuki Offline

Send a message via MSN to Akatsuki
Default Pikachu's Gender

Fans have been arguing whether Pikachu is male or male.

Here is what I believe:

I believe Pikachu is male. First, Buneary has a crush on Pikachu. Satoshi/Ash calls Pikachu, buddy(dub only). I don't know but on DP(game), a female Pikachu has a different tail.

Come and visit Rocket Gang
Old 06-08-2009, 01:41 AM
Yoda55 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Yoda55
Default Re: Pikachu's Gender

I really don't get this..

of course it's a boy for god's sake...

^ ^
Click
Old 06-08-2009, 01:44 AM
Near Offline

Send a message via AIM to Near Send a message via MSN to Near

Male or Male?

Was that a mistake?

Click "Near" for my Stats, and "Blue" for BJ's Stats.

I WILL NOT BE ACTIVE FROM JUNE 24TH TILL JULY 2ND.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:50 AM
Akatsuki Offline

Send a message via MSN to Akatsuki

I just wanted to see your option. There are other proofs that Pikachu can be female. Like how Chikorita use to get jealous from Pikachu.

Come and visit Rocket Gang

Last edited by Akatsuki; 06-08-2009 at 01:55 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:31 PM
SuperSaiyajin4Gengar Offline
Amateur Trainer

I see ash's pikachu is a male i think i remember ash saying "i hope he's okey" or "i hope pikachu's okey".
Old 06-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai

Just look on Pikachu"s tail. If it is a heart-shaped one, a female. If not, a male.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Skylands Offline

*takes a deep breath*

Pikachu's gender is actually unconfirmed. It's voice actress Ikue Ootani, and Satoshi Tajiri said that they have not yet decided itís gender. Therefore meaning there's a possibility of it being a female. If you believe Pikachu has no chance of being female because of the keywords: always acted masculine, Buneary, and the tail.

Q&A section:

Response 1. Pikachu never acted feminine ever!

- Here are some very interesting frames of Pikachu dancing with a Raichu
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/9274/raipikadx9.png
Ironically enough, some of this scene was in the Pikachu (I Choose You) video.

"Pikachu!
You know there is no other...
I choose you!
Because you are my brother..."
^Yup, doesn't get any brotherly that this.

-In the old episodes, Pikachu had more of a motherly/sisterly relationship with Togepi than a fatherly/brotherly. The same with other young Pokemon like the Pichu Bros. and Hapinny
If Pikachu had no possibility being a girl, why would they bother to give it female roles?

Response 2. Pikachu isn't a girl because it doesn't have an indent on its tail!

- Please stop using this to back up Pikachu being male... Ash's Pikachu is from the Kanto region, not Sinnoh. Those differences don't apply to the previous regions. Even if Pikachu was male, it wouldn't be because of its tail, it would be because Pikachuís design was based of the original design of the species.

Response 3. Dawn's Buneary has a crush on Pikachu and Dawn has even confirmed it to being a girl. So that means Pikachu is a guy!

- Actually, Buneary's gender is unconfirmed as well. Buneary has a possibility of being male no matter how girly it may act. As long as its gender isn't confirmed it is still possible. For all we know, boy Buneary could be in the same catagory as male Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Bellossom, and Clefairy: girly-acting regardless of their true gender. This also goes for other manly looking Pokemon who can be female: masculine-acting regardless of their true genders. There are female Machokes but we wouldn't be able to tell them from the males. They all act and look exactly the same.

(Despite the fact that Buneary's gender isn't confirmed, for some reason the dub has confirmed it as a female.)

In conclusion, there's nothing wrong about thinking Pikachu is a boy and Buneary is a girl (That's your personally opinion) There is no actually proof for them being either gender. The only proof we have is the possibility of them being whichever. For Pikachu, we have male AND female hints. Unless their genders are officially announced or verbally stated in the original version.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki View Post
There are other proofs that Pikachu can be female. Like how Chikorita use to get jealous from Pikachu.
That doesn't mean Pikachu is female. It could've been jealous merely because Ash was closer to Pikachu than he ever was to Chikorita.

@Skylands: I think you just closed the discussion. xD

Old 06-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Uber Platinum Offline

In my honest opinion, I think Pikachu's male.

But Skylands has made very good points. Buneary's gender is unconfirmed and Pikachu is from Kanto.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Broderick Offline

Send a message via AIM to Broderick Send a message via MSN to Broderick

Pikachu's Female, Buneary's a lesiban. Case closed.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:21 PM
The Politoed Hunter Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderick View Post
Amen.

I swear, if one more of these threads appear, I'm gonna make a 'What is Brock's sexuality?' thread. No joke.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:54 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki View Post
I just wanted to see your option. There are other proofs that Pikachu can be female. Like how Chikorita use to get jealous from Pikachu.
Girls can get jealous of guys. x_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylands View Post
*takes a deep breath*

Pikachu's gender is actually unconfirmed. It's voice actress Ikue Ootani, and Satoshi Tajiri said that they have not yet decided itís gender. Therefore meaning there's a possibility of it being a female. If you believe Pikachu has no chance of being female because of the keywords: always acted masculine, Buneary, and the tail.

Q&A section:

"Pikachu!
I choose you!

k

-In the old episodes, Pikachu had more of a motherly/sisterly relationship with Togepi than a fatherly/brotherly. The same with other young Pokemon like the Pichu Bros. and Hapinny
If Pikachu had no possibility being a girl, why would they bother to give it female roles?

That's just Pikachu protecting them just like a babysitter. That's not neccasarily a female role.

- Please stop using this to back up Pikachu being male... Ash's Pikachu is from the Kanto region, not Sinnoh. Those differences don't apply to the previous regions. Even if Pikachu was male, it wouldn't be because of its tail, it would be because Pikachuís design was based of the original design of the species.

That's true, I guess.

Response 3. Dawn's Buneary has a crush on Pikachu and Dawn has even confirmed it to being a girl. So that means Pikachu is a guy!

- Actually, Buneary's gender is unconfirmed as well. Buneary has a possibility of being male no matter how girly it may act. As long as its gender isn't confirmed it is still possible. For all we know, boy Buneary could be in the same catagory as male Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Bellossom, and Clefairy: girly-acting regardless of their true gender. This also goes for other manly looking Pokemon who can be female: masculine-acting regardless of their true genders. There are female Machokes but we wouldn't be able to tell them from the males. They all act and look exactly the same.

That is comon sense, lol.

(Despite the fact that Buneary's gender isn't confirmed, for some reason the dub has confirmed it as a female.)

In conclusion, there's nothing wrong about thinking Pikachu is a boy and Buneary is a girl (That's your personally opinion) There is no actually proof for them being either gender. The only proof we have is the possibility of them being whichever. For Pikachu, we have male AND female hints. Unless their genders are officially announced or verbally stated in the original version.

Like I said earlier, just taking care of Togepi and the Pichu bros is not a solid hint...
It's male.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Megaman Offline
Banned

It has got to be Male.

I think it's female.........

It's male Megaman.

How do you know?

That's just my opinion.

Well I think it's female in my opinion.....

Pikachu's male in my opinion.

Why do you keep saying that?

Because.................I don't know! I just feel mad at myself right now and mad at my brother cause he won't let me borrow the next volume I need to read of Bleach! He's always so mean to me!

I'm lucky I don't have a brother.

Actually you do.

Really?

Yeah but I can't tell you who it is.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylands View Post
*takes a deep breath*

Pikachu's gender is actually unconfirmed. It's voice actress Ikue Ootani, and Satoshi Tajiri said that they have not yet decided it’s gender. Therefore meaning there's a possibility of it being a female. If you believe Pikachu has no chance of being female because of the keywords: always acted masculine, Buneary, and the tail.

Q&A section:

"Pikachu!
I choose you!

- Please stop using this to back up Pikachu being male... Ash's Pikachu is from the Kanto region, not Sinnoh. Those differences don't apply to the previous regions. Even if Pikachu was male, it wouldn't be because of its tail, it would be because Pikachu’s design was based of the original design of the species.

I could've sworn that Buneary's gender was mentioned... @_@ Though I agree with Pikachu's. Except that there were hints that might have implied that Ash's Pikachu was a male. Why did they choose to change the tail of the female Pikachu in the first place? Could it be that they wanted to imply that Ash's Pikachu is male? Or not...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broderick View Post
I doubt that. Seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda View Post
Girls can get jealous of guys. x_x

It's male.
How do you know? :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
It has got to be Male.

I think it's female.........

It's male Megaman.

How do you know?

That's just my opinion.

Well I think it's female in my opinion.....

Pikachu's male in my opinion.

Why do you keep saying that?

Because.................I don't know! I just feel mad at myself right now and mad at my brother cause he won't let me borrow the next volume I need to read of Bleach! He's always so mean to me!

I'm lucky I don't have a brother.

Actually you do.

Really?

Yeah but I can't tell you who it is.

>_>

People are getting weirder and weirder these days.

Last edited by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng; 06-14-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng View Post
How do you know? :O
Mr. Pikabeng, you liek Pikachu right? I think you know Pika's gender (I guess)
(^^)