Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:50 PM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso
Default Re: {Pokémon Capture Thread}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyurgh View Post
I gotta agree on Totodile. He and Cyndaquil got over-shadowed completely by Chikorita, but Cyndaquil still received more attention. Hopefully Ash keeps Monferno/Grotle.

I'm thinking(wanting) his team will be...
Pikachu
Monferno/Grotle
Totodile
Heracross
Noctowl(Mandatory Recon Pokemon)
???? - Chances are, this last slot will evolve into a 5th Generation Pokemon.

Dawn will likely get a Cyndaquil, but I'm not sure what else.

This seems like the perfect time for Brock to start evolving Happiny, since Blissey is a Johto mon. I don't think he'll drop Sudowoodo, so he'll have 2 Johto Pokemon when they return to Johto.

I wonder if they'll run into Max or May. I'd really like it be Max, hopefully he inexplicably aged so he can actually participate in Pokemon battles and such.
I’m actually going to disagree and say that Cyndaquil received equal, or even more attention than Bayleef. Cyndaquil competed in five Gyms, starred in two, and never lost without defeating at least one of the leader’s Pokemon beforehand. Bayleef, in contrast, was used in three, starred in Chuck’s alone, and was beaten by arguably the weakest Pokemon on both Bugsy and Falkner’s team (Metapod and Hoothoot respectively, iirc.)
However, in terms of development, I’d say they were both equal. Cyndaquil learned to control its flames and use them to its advantage, whereas Bayleef was the only one to evolve. Totodile received nothing, not even a new move (all it had were the generic Normal-type moves and Water Gun :l)

I’d love if Noctowl returned. It was neglected as much as Totodile back in Johto, but I suppose that’s when the bird Pokemon took a backseat role, and weren’t really considered main battlers. Although its Psychic abilities would be a refreshing change to have on the cast, I don’t really see this happening as long as Staraptor is still present, unfortunately.

Similar problem with Heracross. It’s not really prominent enough to warrant it a permanent space on his team, and it already returned for Spencer in the Advanced saga. I’d much rather see both Grotle and Monferno on the cast, as both could still use some developing.

Cyndaquil is pretty much a given for Dawn imo. As I’ve stated before, I just hope they give it a unique personality to distinguish it from Ash’s, and also allow it to evolve (and not off screen like May’s Squirtle.)

As for her other Pokemon, I’d say either Mamoswine or Buneary will stay. I can’t see both being present in the filler, considering May only brought Combusken and Munchlax. Mamoswine could use a lot more development, since it has to even compete in a contest, but Buneary’s relationship with Pikachu could give it a reason to remain on her team. Pachirisu will inevitably be dumped at Johanna’s imo, since it can’t offer much else: it can’t evolve, it has already won Dawn two of her ribbons, and learned a new move in the form of Super Fang not long ago.

Max seems unlikely, considering ages don't really apply in the anime. :P If he did though, the most likely candidate for him to have would probably be Gallade, or a Hoenn starter (didn't he mention that he liked the look of Treecko?) and possibly a member of the Slakoth line.

Last edited by Calypso; 07-19-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: {Pokémon Capture Thread}

what id like to see is ash see pidgeot again but i know that will never happen.