Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Demon Ice Offline
New Trainer

Default Need 4 Help!

I started Pokemon Emerald. I picked Torchic (no complaining plz). So, what pokemons I should catch when moving forward. I had in mind that I'd catch Magikarp and evolve it into Gyarados. I'm not sure about Ralts. Wingull had been in my mind also. Need 4 Help!

- Demon Ice
Old 10-13-2009, 02:17 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Need 4 Help!

perhaps catch a poochyena as a dark-type can and will be useful in future.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:35 AM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio

When I played Ruby, I started with Torchic as well.
Anywho, it depends on what sort of team you're going for. I'd recommend Ralts and Magikarp - but they take a long time to level up when you're at a small level.

I'd wait until you get to Dewford to catch a Sableye or Abra. Perhaps bring along a Wingull for some water coverage until you catch something better.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:30 AM
Demon Ice Offline
New Trainer

Ok thx. I caught Ralts like you recommended. I ended up also with Magikarp/Gyarados. When I get to Dewford :D
Old 10-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Coddleflop Offline

He can't get sableye...

Well, I didn't bother with my torchic, apart from using it for the first gym.

Gardevoir and Gyarados is a good combo, with Raichu, Roselia, Dodrio and Rhydon in the line up aswell, as long as you give them the right moves :] You could probably shock someone big time with that team

(That team is also my team, on sapphire :])
Old 10-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coddleflop View Post
He can't get sableye...

Well, I didn't bother with my torchic, apart from using it for the first gym.

Gardevoir and Gyarados is a good combo, with Raichu, Roselia, Dodrio and Rhydon in the line up aswell, as long as you give them the right moves :] You could probably shock someone big time with that team

(That team is also my team, on sapphire :])
You can get Sableye in Emerald in the Dewford cave. (Which I recommend. It has good TMing options and no weaknesses. It's the 3rd gen Spiritomb).

I'd also recommend Raichu and Roselia, or even Aron if you don't mind the immense water weakness.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Calypso Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Calypso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequentio View Post
You can get Sableye in Emerald in the Dewford cave. (Which I recommend. It has good TMing options and no weaknesses. It's the 3rd gen Spiritomb).

I'd also recommend Raichu and Roselia, or even Aron if you don't mind the immense water weakness.
Aron only has a 2x weakness to Water. It's Fighting and Ground you have to look out for.

Manectric is probably a better option for an Electric type. It's available much earlier, and has higher Speed and Special Attack. Not to mention it doesn't require a stone to evolve. There aren't many decent Grass types, but Breloom can be fun to try out. Then again, it's Special Attack is fairly pathetic, so chances are you'll probably be using it for Fighting attacks instead. Otherwise, I'd opt for Ludicolo, who can perform well as a special sponge.

Last edited by Calypso; 10-15-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:06 PM
Demon Ice Offline
New Trainer

I've decided to try Tropius and Sunflora (When I get Sunkern from Safari Zone and evolve it with Sun Stone).
Old 11-09-2009, 02:38 AM
GallantlyGlaceon Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to GallantlyGlaceon

I think the best would be the best team I ever had on my Sapphire.

Gardevoir
Blaziken
Manectric
Breloom
Altaria
Azumarill

Those are wonderful Pok€mon that in my opinion, do a great job. Just use an Exp. Share while training in wild grass with a Swablu, so you don't have to use Trainer battles for training it because they're so hard to train and take forever to evolve. But it's worth it.

If you're wanting to use a different flying type then Altaria though,(even if it's the best) then I recommend switching Manectric to Aggron. But be warned, if you do that, you won't have any Electric-types. Don't do that if your Blaziken has Earthquake.(which I'm sure it does)

~VV~
[12:38:20 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH" <---- Yup.
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 11-09-2009, 03:07 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiantly Vaporeon View Post
I think the best would be the best team I ever had on my Sapphire.

Gardevoir
Blaziken
Manectric
Breloom
Altaria
Azumarill

Those are wonderful Pok€mon that in my opinion, do a great job. Just use an Exp. Share while training in wild grass with a Swablu, so you don't have to use Trainer battles for training it because they're so hard to train and take forever to evolve. But it's worth it.

If you're wanting to use a different flying type then Altaria though,(even if it's the best) then I recommend switching Manectric to Aggron. But be warned, if you do that, you won't have any Electric-types. Don't do that if your Blaziken has Earthquake.(which I'm sure it does)

~VV~
Since I beat Steven, I used the following team:

Altaria
Wailord
Gardevoir
Blaziken
Metagross
Flygon

When it came to Draco I had a small amount of trouble having two Dragon-types, however I still was able to pass him and defeat the Hoenn Elite Four.