Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 03:37 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco
Default Re: Huh? (Question that belongs here)

Noooo!! How could you...? That was the best story ever! Anyway, nobody except a mod could get away with it...
Old 04-23-2004, 03:37 AM
Sutiivun Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Sutiivun Send a message via Yahoo to Sutiivun

Man, that was the best capture story ever! =P

I didn't see many things wrong. Maybe it was a little PG-13'ish but aren't a lot of stories? Okay maybe not... =P

"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."
~Nathan Hale before his death in the Revolutionary War~
Old 04-23-2004, 07:56 AM
ElimN8 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ElimN8 Send a message via MSN to ElimN8 Send a message via Yahoo to ElimN8

First and foremost, I don't think the fact that I'm a mod has/should have anything to do with it. I moderate the Mixed Groups/Clubs Section, which is in no way related to this, or any other of my works outside that forum.

Shroomish, as a moderator myself I understand your concerns and the perhaps vexing conscience to do your job in spite of (what I hope shall remain) a friendly relationship; however, contacting me and simply asking me politley to remove it from your section, or to tone down the graphicness of my content would have been a better initiative, as I would have complied to either without hesitation.

I do feel the need to express, though, that this was in no way an intentional assault on any subject, person, or idea. I stress this point again: I insulted no one's religion deliberately; and if one had taken offense to anything I said, I would apologize to that person(s) despite the fact that their opinion is not under my control.

As I'm sure you're aware, I employed intentionally bad grammar and blatant pointlessness -- this was all part of the comic readability of the story; you did not have to go out of your way and denounce its "faults" to prove your point.

Perhaps I went too far. The majority doesn't seem to think so. My opinion has no further say in this outcome; I have permission from Treecko to continue posting in the Mixed Writing Boards, with the addition of a warning label. But if this is going to cause more problems, I'll simply host my updates on an unrelated webpage, as with the archive file I have already linked to on this page... an action which I see you've tried to throw in my face, but also a statement that quite frankly has no substance in this matter (as, one might say, does your original argument). For it is completely the user's choice to click a hyperlink. To say that my "harmful" story was subjected to young children in the rather popularly uncouth assumption among individuals of "high morale" that they should not be subjected to in fear of detrimental effects, is inequitable as it was no way imposed upon them by myself or anyone else on these forums to my knowledge. (I'm not even going to mention the fact that I used absolutely no real swear words in my story; anything of that nature was visually censored in at least one way, if not in its entirety)

...If you wish to address this matter to PE2K though, then I urge you to do so. If he were to determine an outcome that would be in everyone's best interest, I would most certainly act accordingly, and then maybe this thing would finally be settled. Your call.

And just to let you know, while I may disagree with your actions Shroomish, I wish for no hard feelings to remain between us; that would be simply fatuous, and in my opinion an undeserving feat for two members to ever to come across, mod or not...especially over an incident so trivial.

Last edited by ElimN8; 04-23-2004 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-24-2004, 04:58 AM
Shroomish Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Shroomish Send a message via MSN to Shroomish Send a message via Yahoo to Shroomish

Well, I would have contacted you but you weren't on.... Anyway, I'm sorry if you think I acted rashly, I just did what I thought was best...

Anyway, problem solved, you get to continue your story outside the URPG and everyone can read it there. I agree that we should just burry the hatchet, it's done and over with.
Old 04-24-2004, 06:00 AM
ElimN8 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ElimN8 Send a message via MSN to ElimN8 Send a message via Yahoo to ElimN8

:ahem: Forgetting a lock, are we?
Old 04-24-2004, 06:04 AM
Shroomish Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Shroomish Send a message via MSN to Shroomish Send a message via Yahoo to Shroomish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElimN8
:ahem: Forgetting a lock, are we?
Heh, oh yeah.

*Locked*
Old 04-24-2004, 08:00 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

"E8 then turned Super Saiyan 148,296,532,890,523,798,265,756, and even took the time to go back and place commas every three digits in the number he had just pounded into the keyboard!!"
lol

ok, i just read the story.... the language is very, very strong. this is definitely a story for the older group. (not something to be posted publicly for a Pokemon forum of younger persons.) i found the story hilarious itself but the content is too much to have been posted here. we can get into this thing about free speech and stuff and i will agree, but to reduce language influence on the younger individual is key to the world. even though you censored (most times) it's still legible to understand.
as for captured- i wouldn't have passed it either. not the type of story we're looking for.

"It only takes one offended person to change history."- made up quote by me

*tread still locked*

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Closed Thread