Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:20 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott
Default Re: [WAR 9] Team Neo (Draft)

Having ideas shouldn't be a problem, considering the team.

George had a decent idea. Start with a simple theme idea (ie NINJAS or whatever) and move out from there. We're making it too complex from the start. We can work on backstory, alignment, etc. after we get the idea.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 06-24-2010, 01:37 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Well, I just talked to Gem and we thought of something else. Not to mention I just finished watching The Book of Eli (EXTREMELY good movie by the way) and it gave me some ideas.

We could go with the "light under oppression" theme, where it feels like all the hope in the world lies solely on our backs and the rest of the world is trying to tear that apart. Think of movies like The Book of Eli, Children of Men, I Am Legend, and other situations like that where it seems like so much has gone wrong and so totally out of control, and now we're carrying that last bit of hope on our backs. I noticed this same theme carries in Gem's story Team Stormriders, and heck, its definitely the highlight theme of Trial of Juno as well.

If you follow these movies and themes, you'll see that those carrying the last bit of hope on their back always keep moving and never stop, no matter what threat hits them, no matter what tries to bring them down. Meanwhile, it feels like everything is a race against time. Throw in your post-apocalyptic and disaster situations where it seems like everything is hopelessly lost except for those that still struggle in keep the hope alive through survival.

We could still use the theme colors of black/gray/red with some white in there as well. As for mascots, Gem and I came up with the idea of using two of her characters, Zanna and Altair from her story Team Stormriders. I think that would be pretty cool.

My only question about it is the situation in the RP would really have to call for it and be pretty drastic in nature. I'm sure there some kind of problem and issue that we will be able to target and approach, but I think the bigger the disaster, the more this idea will shine.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:44 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Neo, isn't that like... every single hero story ever?

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 06-24-2010, 01:51 AM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Send a message via AIM to Galleon Send a message via Yahoo to Galleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Well, I just talked to Gem and we thought of something else. Not to mention I just finished watching The Book of Eli (EXTREMELY good movie by the way) and it gave me some ideas.

We could go with the "light under oppression" theme, where it feels like all the hope in the world lies solely on our backs and the rest of the world is trying to tear that apart. Think of movies like The Book of Eli, Children of Men, I Am Legend, and other situations like that where it seems like so much has gone wrong and so totally out of control, and now we're carrying that last bit of hope on our backs. I noticed this same theme carries in Gem's story Team Stormriders, and heck, its definitely the highlight theme of Trial of Juno as well.

If you follow these movies and themes, you'll see that those carrying the last bit of hope on their back always keep moving and never stop, no matter what threat hits them, no matter what tries to bring them down. Meanwhile, it feels like everything is a race against time. Throw in your post-apocalyptic and disaster situations where it seems like everything is hopelessly lost except for those that still struggle in keep the hope alive through survival.

We could still use the theme colors of black/gray/red with some white in there as well. As for mascots, Gem and I came up with the idea of using two of her characters, Zanna and Altair from her story Team Stormriders. I think that would be pretty cool.

My only question about it is the situation in the RP would really have to call for it and be pretty drastic in nature. I'm sure there some kind of problem and issue that we will be able to target and approach, but I think the bigger the disaster, the more this idea will shine.
Neo, this is more of an entire setting for the RP, rather than a theme for your team. And I don't really intend to create an apocalyptic setting, just so you know. The RP might escalate to that level eventually, but that'd be quite a ways down the line. It's certainly not going to start out that way.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:11 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Yay! I'm on the best team ever!! And I'm late to the party apparently.

Wow, there are a lot of ideas coming out here. Kinda wish I had been on earlier. I feel like I missed a lot. ^^' Heh, when I was reading some of the earlier posts about being themed around legends, when Neo said it needed to be narrowed down, my first thought was 'on to Mt. Olympus!' XD

There's so many good ideas, I'm not really sure where to stand. When I was trying to think of something, I was starting with some kind of symbol. Kept having images of arrows and comets in my head though. ^^'
Old 06-24-2010, 02:15 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galleon View Post

Neo, this is more of an entire setting for the RP, rather than a theme for your team. And I don't really intend to create an apocalyptic setting, just so you know. The RP might escalate to that level eventually, but that'd be quite a ways down the line. It's certainly not going to start out that way.
Hmm, alright then.

I'm beginning to get pretty desperate here...

Old 06-24-2010, 02:23 AM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Hmm, alright then.

I'm beginning to get pretty desperate here...
*Random unasked for suggestion starts here*

Then make the Team's Theme Desperation. Make it a team of pessimists who believe everything is going to go to hell, and act accordingly. Nothing is more desperate than a pessimist.

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:26 AM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Hmm. I VOTE WE GO PIRATES VS NINJAS VS ROBOTS.

Seriously, though, that'd be awesome.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:29 AM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

Quote:
But then the zombies would be left out....

Could you make the primary npc antagonists zombies? ^_^?

In a world where pirates, ninjas, and robots live in a state of perpetual (war/peace/grudging acceptance/weekly hockey games), a new threat will emerge...

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:33 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:

Seriously, though, that'd be awesome.
*headdesk* I can't believe you just suggested that. It was actually the first thing that came to my mind when I saw a team of robots. (cause obviously ninjas are better) My one worry was that the team would go to Naruto. ^^'
Old 06-24-2010, 02:33 AM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika57 View Post
But then the zombies would be left out....

Could you make the primary npc antagonists zombies? ^_^?

In a world where pirates, ninjas, and robots live in a state of perpetual (war/peace/grudging acceptance/weekly hockey games), a new threat will emerge...
Oh, that's right. Zombies. Hmm.

Well, if a team didn't want pirates or ninjas, it could still take zombies. Or all the Pokes in the RP could be zombified, baha. Craziness.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
*headdesk* I can't believe you just suggested that. It was actually the first thing that came to my mind when I saw a team of robots. (cause obviously ninjas are better) My one worry was that the team would go to Naruto. ^^'
WHOA, NOW. HEY. NINJAS AND ROBOTS ARE EQUALLY AWESOME. DON'T TRY TO ATTEST OTHERWISE.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:36 AM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce

Can we be toys? Everyone loves toys. I mean, look at Toy Story 3's success.. ;D

BRYCExKAT
Old 06-24-2010, 02:43 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
WHOA, NOW. HEY. NINJAS AND ROBOTS ARE EQUALLY AWESOME. DON'T TRY TO ATTEST OTHERWISE.
Dude... Ninjas are so much better. AT LEAST THEY HAVE EMOTION.

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 06-24-2010, 02:59 AM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
Dude... Ninjas are so much better. AT LEAST THEY HAVE EMOTION.
Oh yeah? WELL. I SEE YOUR EMOTIONS, AND I RAISE YOU ROCKET LAUNCHERS.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:08 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Ninjas have rocket launchers.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."