Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 10:22 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Re: Pe2k vs Pokebeach III : Auditioning: PM YOUR TESTER- We got a Chat Room Now-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce Deity View Post
Seriously, you guys just need to hurry up. There's a list of people that have applied, and if some people can't come on at the same time with dsl for their shoddy try-out, then wouldn't it make sense to add someone else to test people then? Yeah. We can't keep procrastinating and say no one applied after there being a list of people that didn't even get a try-out yet on the front page.

And you need time to prep? Well shouldn't you have had that in mind before entering the war? There's no backing down now, this forum just needs to hurry the hell up. It's not "on them" if they're the ones ready and we're not.
Fierce you couldn't be more wrong on your view here. We do not need to hurry the hell up, this whole thing was brought up right away, Id almost be willing to be bet money that PB had this in mind well before saying anything to us, which also means that theres a good chance that they already had there team picked. So we need to do whats best for us and get a team together on our on schedule and not theirs.

As far as try outs with me..im not sure were scuba is coming from on not finding me...I bet its fair to say im one of the most active people in the battling center..

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 07-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Elite Trainer Drake Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Pe2k vs Pokebeach III : Auditioning: PM YOUR TESTER- We got a Chat Room Now-

I think we've all about had enough of this opposing view points matter. People saying hurry up, others say to hell with you.

There's not much you can do to someone if they're running the show, so getting antsy (stolen word) isn't going to help. If you could all please drop your "tones" and gear your arguments toward a more suggestive phase, I think we can prevent this from going into a full on rivalry of opposing view points.

Perhaps I'm just misunderstanding you alls tone of writing, but from how I interpret, it appears to show some form of anger. If I'm incorrect my apologies.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:36 PM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow Lord View Post
Fierce you couldn't be more wrong on your view here. We do not need to hurry the hell up, this whole thing was brought up right away, Id almost be willing to be bet money that PB had this in mind well before saying anything to us, which also means that theres a good chance that they already had there team picked. So we need to do whats best for us and get a team together on our on schedule and not theirs.

As far as try outs with me..im not sure were scuba is coming from on not finding me...I bet its fair to say im one of the most active people in the battling center..
Yes that's why I said it's strange.......

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 07-13-2010, 11:37 PM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Limitless Send a message via Yahoo to Limitless Send a message via Skype™ to Limitless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow Lord View Post

No, we did not. I actually took the initiative to test EVERYONE that wanted a tryout, on the spot. I was not laid back and lazy about tryouts. I wanted to get the stuff done, unlike this system currently being administered. We did not have our team picked. If you would have done any reading into my posts or even took the time to look at our thread on our forum, you would have realized this. Do some research before you bash YOUR own members and PokeBeach.

Get a team together on your own schedule? Thanks for calling yourself lazy. I said we'd give you time to make a roster. I didn't say we'd give you time to be lazy. This isn't Pe2k's fault. It is your fault, or whoever's fault for not taking the initiative. If you are the one who wants this to continue, then YOU should be the one taking the initiative.

It is the responsability of the person running the show to get everything done in a timely manner, not in a bs manner. You are the one who is all about not having the forum wars die, yet you are the one who is the most laid back in this whole thing.
Smogon tutor.
Winner of the Smogon Battling 101 Tournament.
Winner of an official PokeBeach tournament.
Highest UU ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 2.
Highest OU ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 3.
Highest Suspect ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 1.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:59 PM
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
No, we did not. I actually took the initiative to test EVERYONE that wanted a tryout, on the spot. I was not laid back and lazy about tryouts. I wanted to get the stuff done, unlike this system currently being administered. We did not have our team picked. If you would have done any reading into my posts or even took the time to look at our thread on our forum, you would have realized this. Do some research before you bash YOUR own members and PokeBeach.

Get a team together on your own schedule? Thanks for calling yourself lazy. I said we'd give you time to make a roster. I didn't say we'd give you time to be lazy. This isn't Pe2k's fault. It is your fault, or whoever's fault for not taking the initiative. If you are the one who wants this to continue, then YOU should be the one taking the initiative.

It is the responsability of the person running the show to get everything done in a timely manner, not in a bs manner. You are the one who is all about not having the forum wars die, yet you are the one who is the most laid back in this whole thing.
This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. Now we play the pointing the finger game which then leads to....

I don't know why I waste my breath sometimes. Its not like I've got some super spectacular pull here that makes people look at my opinion and regard it as acceptable, so why I give input idk. Its better to just play the game rather than trying to assist it seems.

My whole involvement in this was to see this happen, whether it be fast or at "our" own pace. But I see now that I am the odd man out and should have just done as everyone else did, and just shut my yapper trying to assist.

My apologies,

Drake
Old 07-14-2010, 12:03 AM
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Honestly... I don't know what to really counter but all I'm going to say is that it's tough here in this website. This website ain't the most active forum around the world of pokemon. It is really tough to get a roster when we cannot get enough people who wish to join.
I'll be honest that Pokebeach is holding their patience up pretty well ( or maybe not.... ), who knows, I don't go on pokebeach at all.
So please don't point fingers at Dark Shadow Lord... he isn't supposed to be sending the pms and applications he's suppose to be receiving them... as well as Moe2 and Bullet Puncher.
I don't know if you want us to send pms to every single pe2k member on this site or not but the fact is.. we're not getting the number of pms and applications that we anticipated.

Also this has to stop, if you got issues and garbage.. .again...pm it to me...and I'll be happy to respond and talk this over with DSL, BP and Moe.

EDIT : I'll be in the chat box if you want to talk

Last edited by Mystogan; 07-14-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:35 AM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Honestly, this is quite rediculous. We have all the time in the world, do we not? Then let's shut up about this and get the tryouts done. PokeBeach will just have to be patient. It's not as if this war is going to suddenly dissapear if we don't have our roster right now, right?
Old 07-14-2010, 03:15 AM
Joel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEagle View Post
Honestly... I don't know what to really counter but all I'm going to say is that it's tough here in this website. This website ain't the most active forum around the world of pokemon. It is really tough to get a roster when we cannot get enough people who wish to join.
I'll be honest that Pokebeach is holding their patience up pretty well ( or maybe not.... ), who knows, I don't go on pokebeach at all.
So please don't point fingers at Dark Shadow Lord... he isn't supposed to be sending the pms and applications he's suppose to be receiving them... as well as Moe2 and Bullet Puncher.
I don't know if you want us to send pms to every single pe2k member on this site or not but the fact is.. we're not getting the number of pms and applications that we anticipated.

Also this has to stop, if you got issues and garbage.. .again...pm it to me...and I'll be happy to respond and talk this over with DSL, BP and Moe.

EDIT : I'll be in the chat box if you want to talk
I've been on the PokeBeach forums, and as of this past Sunday, no one there in their version of this thread seemed to be being impatient. They just seem to be steadily battling and getting their teams prepaired for both Wi-Fi and Shoddy. So as far as what they are saying in their thread, they seem to just want a solid, fun war that can run smoothly when it starts.

I also occasionally do wifi battles.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:10 AM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Limitless Send a message via Yahoo to Limitless Send a message via Skype™ to Limitless

I think I want this on hold till Smogon is done voting on whether Salamence is Uber or not. So this should give you guys more time for tryouts etc.

Aeolus should be done with the voting within a week or two.
Smogon tutor.
Winner of the Smogon Battling 101 Tournament.
Winner of an official PokeBeach tournament.
Highest UU ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 2.
Highest OU ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 3.
Highest Suspect ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 1.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
I think I want this on hold till Smogon is done voting on whether Salamence is Uber or not. So this should give you guys more time for tryouts etc.

Alright then. I'll be happy if Salamence is considered uber because that thing is a bug to me and I dislike using it lol. I don't know..that's my opinion

Last edited by Mystogan; 07-14-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Joel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Joel

Quote:

So much for your week, or two. It's already there.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/salamence

I also occasionally do wifi battles.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy the Great View Post
So much for your week, or two. It's already there.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/salamence
It's uber now. Interesting.. I never liked to use Salamence so I couldn't careless that it's uber now
Old 07-16-2010, 06:31 PM
BulletPuncher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:

Excellent idea. In fact, im making two teams atm. One to take advantage of its absense, the other to abuse mence should it stick around.

Edit: finally.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:47 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

i had my battle with scuba, he did well..i came out on top. we both had random stuff happen but nothing one sideed. put him on the same list as ETD for now. I will be giving both of them a rematch before we start this war up

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 07-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Experienced Trainer

I'm fairly unsure of how your grading us DSL. Tbh i'd like to know personally. I don't intend to start an argument or really question your skill in particular, I'm just wondering because its nice to know what someone who's given the power to choose, actually looks at in a battle.

Perhaps that should have been stated awhile back before tryouts (what the tester would be looking for). And I say this because, the only situation that brought me to wondering this was the conversation about the NU pokemon being utilized in OU.

If anyone watched our battle they may agree that a rematch would be in order (Green saw) to get a better understanding of the players ability due to the circumstances. But I'm not sure how you gauge your opponent if the situation was flawed (hax), and to be honest I'm fairly concerned aswell from the trend of tryout battles. Not to say people who win get a spot and those that lose get sub (maybe), that's just how it looks thus far (but with only 4 battles its to early to "pin" that statement on you).

A little insight into how this is working would be nice honestly. I'm fully aware I was offered a rematch due to the circumstances, but being a sub is about as good as not being in it imo. Afterall, no ones been turned down thus far (again circumstances).

So perhaps someone can clear that up.