Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Battles

Battles Pokemon battle results will be placed here, along with the money/prizes given.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun
Default Re: Reffing FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
New part in Smogon articles - Veto Tiers. (http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/move_restrictions)
I recommend that everyone actually reads this article, not just the bit about the Veto Tiers. Even if you just read parts of it, it should still be useful. It's widened my understanding after reading it.
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 04-07-2010, 03:04 PM
iReign Offline

Send a message via AIM to iReign Send a message via MSN to iReign Send a message via Skype™ to iReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuzo-kun View Post
I recommend that everyone actually reads this article, not just the bit about the Veto Tiers. Even if you just read parts of it, it should still be useful. It's widened my understanding after reading it.
Yeah, what he said. This should be added to the Refpedia or something.

life is a btch, but i appreciate her
AIM: ireignorshine
urpg
Old 04-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
Me and Eeveedude just tested on Diamond whether Speed changes were immediate or not.

Monferno - 206
Heatran - 205
Uxie - 186
Togetic - 102

Monferno used Taunt on Uxie.
Heatran used Scary Face on Uxie. If Speed Changes were immediate, Uxie will now move last. But...
Uxie used Swift.
Togetic used Metronome.

Then, we double checked that Uxie was actually slower, and sure enough.

Monferno used Flame Wheel on Heatran for lulz.
Heatran used Crunch on Monferno.
Togetic used Metronome.
Uxie used Swift.

So, Speed changes do not take effect on the turn that Speed is changed.
Did you meant for the second result to be the first, and the first to be the second? Because it is making sense this way.

I tested on paralysis, and paralysis take into effect on speed. Still haven't had a chance to test what you test myself though. :|
Old 04-07-2010, 04:18 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
Did you meant for the second result to be the first, and the first to be the second? Because it is making sense this way.

I tested on paralysis, and paralysis take into effect on speed. Still haven't had a chance to test what you test myself though. :|
I'm not 100% sure what you mean. The first set of moves was Turn 1. Uxie had Scary Face used on it before it moved, yet stayed faster than Togetic. The second set of moves was Turn 2. It proved that Uxie was in fact slower than Togetic after the Scary Face, so it went last.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:30 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Meh, all the time I think this is getting fixed, and yet I always see it back.

What exactly is the CH table? Because sure what is in the Encyclopedia is downright contraddictory. I always was under the impression that Super Luck, Scope Lens and Focus Energy were meant to give small boosts to Ch ratio (12.5 or something), and that naturally CH moves have the 25% chance.

Now, the encyclopedia says this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Clovers View Post
-------------------
Critical Hits
-------------------
Critical Hits do double damage. Critical Hits do not take in mind any defense/special defense raises on the Pokémon that gets hit (Abilities do count). They also don't take in mind the attack/special attack drops of the attacking Pokémon.

The following moves have a Critical Hit chance of 25%.
Aeroblast, Air Cutter, Attack Order, Blaze Kick, Crabhammer, Cross Chop, Cross Poison, Karate Chop, Leaf Blade, Night Slash, Poison Tail, Psycho Cut, Razor Leaf, Razor Wind, Shadow Blast, Shadow Claw, Sky Attack, Slash, Spacial Rend, Stone Edge.

*Sniper*
This ability triples Critical Hit damage.

*Super Luck*
An ability that grants any regular move you use to have a 25% chance for Critical Hit. Moves that have a high CH rate will have a 33.3% chance.

*Focus Energy*
Using this move will grant any regular move you use to have a 25% chance for Critical Hit. Moves that have a high CH rate will have a 33.3% chance.

CH Table
Level 1- n/a. All Moves.
Level 2- 12.5% Critical Hit Moves
Level 3- 25%
Level 4- 33.3%
Level 5- 50%
I don't care if it's right or wrong. I just want to know the truth and see it fixed. It bugs me.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post
Meh, all the time I think this is getting fixed, and yet I always see it back.

What exactly is the CH table? Because sure what is in the Encyclopedia is downright contraddictory. I always was under the impression that Super Luck, Scope Lens and Focus Energy were meant to give small boosts to Ch ratio (12.5 or something), and that naturally CH moves have the 25% chance.

Now, the encyclopedia says this

I don't care if it's right or wrong. I just want to know the truth and see it fixed. It bugs me.
That CH table was just never updated. It was 25%.

Discussed it with my senior referees recently and through a voting held, we've reached a 5-3 decision on that Critical Hits should be changed to 12.5%. Basically, the reasons why 25% was selected back then during the championship incident was because we didn't want to change this formula that have been used in URPG since forever and it was to serve as a way to compensate for the lack of CHs in other moves, or so that's how I see it.

However, some of felt that it'd be better to work as closely as possible to games, in which the CHs ingame are 12.5% for high critical hit moves as well. While all moves have a natural 6.25% chance of scoring CH ingame, we are still not including that aspect into URPG for it simply ruins the gameplay currently.

In short, Critical Hits are all 12.5% now. When rolling, roll an 8-sided die. Critical Hit will occur when the number "1" is rolled. This change applies immediately.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:07 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

Okay, so I was just wondering this, and didn't know the answer. Sooo, if someone uses Hidden Power, and the other person used like Mimic or Mirror Move or something like that, would you copy the hidden power of the other person, or would you use your own typed HP? And what if you didn't have that mon TMd with Hidden Power yet?

And yes I tried searching for it in the thread, but pe2k is gay and wouldn't let me.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 08-30-2010, 04:01 AM
Rigsaw Offline
New Trainer

Where can I find refs, like who are on and can ref for me?
Old 11-01-2010, 06:49 AM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eraizaa-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigsaw View Post
Where can I find refs, like who are on and can ref for me?
Try on AIM messanger. You can find their Screen Names on the reffing encyclopedia.

I don't know about what happens when Hidden Powers are copied, but I am curious to know too.

Now for my question:

Let's say a player has 1 Lum Berry and they give it to a Pokemon. That Pokemon uses up the Lum Berry, but then the Pokemon uses Recycle to get it back, however, this time, the Lum Berry didn't get used up and the battle ended.

Does the player now have 0 Lum Berries, or does he keep the one gained with Recycle?

Old 02-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

After discussion amongst the senior refs, U-turn/Baton Pass will now be reffed differently. The new Pokemon should be said during the execution of the move, not when the move is sent. Please tell all your friends!

Last edited by Stinky; 02-08-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:13 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

Hello!

Refs will now be allowed to log multiple battles with the same Pokemon in one post. If a Pokemon evolves, or a trainer switches Pokemon, a new post should be made. When logging these battles, make sure to say how many battles were done, how many times each trainer won/lost, and how much money was earned overall for each person involved.

Sample Log:

Quote:
1vs1
BW
No Items

AIM

Pidge VS. Monbrey
Pidgeotto VS. Charmeleon

Fire Blast 2HKOed 3 times, and missed twice in 2 battles. What luck Pidge has! :B

Monbrey- wins 3 times, loses 2 times, $4000
Pidge- wins 2 times, loses 3 times, $3500
Me- refs 5 times, $2500
Just a note though:

MULTIPLYING BATTLES IS STILL ILLEGAL

Thanks! :)

Last edited by Stinky; 03-15-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eraizaa-kun

Hi!

New question!

Well, Selfdestruct and Explosion now work differently in B/W and there for in the URPG. BUT, what if you are playing with D/P rules? Will Selfdestruct and Explosion work like the used to when using those rules?

Also, quoting old question that wasn't answered:

Quote:
Let's say a player has 1 Lum Berry and they give it to a Pokemon. That Pokemon uses up the Lum Berry, but then the Pokemon uses Recycle to get it back, however, this time, the Lum Berry didn't get used up and the battle ended.

Does the player now have 0 Lum Berries, or does he keep the one gained with Recycle?
Old 08-07-2011, 10:38 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

A couple of things that were clarified in a recent battle:

If one Pokemon uses Magic Coat or has the ability Magic Bounce, and the other uses a status move such as Will-o-Wisp that has the potential to miss, the move can still miss (as opposed to treating it like Thunder vs Volt Absorb).

If one Pokemon uses Safeguard, and the other tries to use Psycho Shift, assuming Psycho shift hits, Psycho Shift will fail altogether and the user will will be inflicted with the status (as opposed to treating it like the status simply gets lifted).

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987