Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 01:51 AM
DeadSmite Offline

Default Re: [Gallery] Deadsmite does art too. duh?

Its been a long time since I've made a post in my own section but rest a sure that i do have something in store to post within the next week or two. sit back relax, enjoy my work so far and give me comments and crit.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:21 AM
DeadSmite Offline

new one

youre all probably like "omfg, why isnt this as good as what he usually does"...i have a surprise in store, i always think ahead 10 times farther.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:21 AM
DeadSmite Offline

Announcement: There will be a surprise released in this thread when the time is right.

In other news, aside from that project i will be releasing something new before the special surprise is released or even started on(maybe)

Old 11-05-2010, 12:35 AM
JokesterJesse Offline
I l l u m i n a t i  P r i n c e

Send a message via AIM to JokesterJesse Send a message via MSN to JokesterJesse Send a message via Skype™ to JokesterJesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSmite View Post
Announcement: There will be a surprise released in this thread when the time is right.

In other news, aside from that project i will be releasing something new before the special surprise is released or even started on(maybe)
Just dropping by to say that I love your work and that no matter how many consecutive posts you have im still lurking lawl.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:07 AM
DeadSmite Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokesterJesse View Post
Just dropping by to say that I love your work and that no matter how many consecutive posts you have im still lurking lawl.

Aye, as well, thanks for you loving my work. i try to please everyone, but i'm not over 100 gods(if theres that many religions) now am i? lol...anyways my next piece will be view-able very shortly. in fact i should be getting some sleep for a yearbook meeting tomorrow but i think i would be better off if i came to the table with this out of the way so i can stop sketching inspiration all the time. be on the look out! (to you and my other 75++++ lurkers, if there is that many now)

Old 11-05-2010, 10:10 AM
DeadSmite Offline

Ah well, well...another double post BUT. this is what I was talking about

the calm before the storm.
info: 1900x1200 pixels. OMFG.

dA for 1900x1200 px view:

V1
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ng-d326w63.png

V2
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ng-d326w9l.png

(Smaller version for the forums sake. smaller version is "Version 1")

ENJOY, but remember this piece is only "The Calm Before The Storm."

Old 11-24-2010, 03:16 PM
DeadSmite Offline

I would suggest not saying anything disruptive if you are hurt and confused about this piece of art. i would endorse you to give me comments and crit, seeing sas many people have not been doing lately. i cannot see whats wrong or whats right and what i need to improve on without comments and crits.

"Lil Hamsterdam"

Old 12-03-2010, 01:30 AM
DeadSmite Offline

Quick question:

IF I was to make a tutorial for pe2k for those who enjoy my art and would like to at least follow how i go through each step and time it takes me. I would like to know which piece you guys would prefer for me to make a tutorial out of. everyone's opinion matters and when i have seen enough responses i will make a tutorial for the one with the most agreements towards.

@quick[EDIT]: Attention: Kumori or Ana, depends on who lurks here more. if there isn't a good amount of replies (at least 4) to this post <from Dec. 2> for at least one week <Dec. 10> then i would like to certify this thread as officially closed and thus having one of you end up closing it for me with a closing statement letter from either of you (or both, if you both want to post)

Last edited by DeadSmite; 12-03-2010 at 03:17 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:43 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSmite View Post
Quick question:

IF I was to make a tutorial for pe2k for those who enjoy my art and would like to at least follow how i go through each step and time it takes me. I would like to know which piece you guys would prefer for me to make a tutorial out of. everyone's opinion matters and when i have seen enough responses i will make a tutorial for the one with the most agreements towards.

@quick[EDIT]: Attention: Kumori or Ana, depends on who lurks here more. if there isn't a good amount of replies (at least 4) to this post <from Dec. 2> for at least one week <Dec. 10> then i would like to certify this thread as officially closed and thus having one of you end up closing it for me with a closing statement letter from either of you (or both, if you both want to post)
Well I haven't even been paying attention. I looked once a long time ago, may have even posted, can't remember. But I'll post now, at an attempt to prevent from closing down, arguably, the best graphic arts thread on this forum. The thing that I admire most here, is lately you've been doing bigger projects than just Tags and Avatars. You're doing Backgrounds and super cool offensive Marijuana coffee mugs with hamsters. You're Hamster"dam" good at what you do. I'm suprised at the lurkers who don't post. Most of the ones that normally comment kind of vanished from graphic arts. I vanished for a bit, then Gemma was like "Ohai, lets do a shop together." We've gotten a lot of attention, lately, so I don't know.

So as it turns out, your Lil Hamsterdam is super cool looking, but , it's not super flashy like your Calm Before the Storm. But something about little hamsters getting baked sounds super hellarious, so the idea alone makes it awesome. Another thing I like about is is the intense 3Dimentional feel of it. I don't know your ultimate intention but if I could say one personal problem its the wall to the floor. Like either the tiles on the floor are too small, or the bricks are too big. It seems unnatural to me. But that's pretty much all I want to say about it. Hope this thing stays alive because Dead Smite is a badass super cool person with graphic arts super powers.

As for a tutorial, I just wanna know how to do that strange cloudy effect like the one of the guys back in your signature.

~Nexus

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.

Last edited by XaiakuX; 12-05-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:52 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: [CLOSING][Gallery] Deadsmite does art too. duh?

I can't say I'm very familiar with art or the process involved in it, but I would be very interested in seeing a tutorial in regards to your process and how you come to finish each piece step by step. I'm sorry I can't say I would know which piece would best serve this purpose, but I think that you (and the other artists) could figure that out.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:19 AM
DeadSmite Offline

Default Re: [OFFICIAL-CLOSED][Gallery] Deadsmite does art too. duh?

Well, its the due date of this threads closing time. its been an honor to have lurkers who enjoy my work and seldom post to at least let me know they're watching. although the 1800+ views were nice, I have felt that there should have been more comments. although everyone is not as good at graphics as some people are, people can still say whats on the creative side of the mind. anyways, its been wonderful, and who knows, i may post some tutorials up in the tutorial index and show off some new things in the showcase if i desire to even unveil anything at the moment.

Oh and Tombi, I'm still waiting on your side of the project.

-Smite.

Closed Thread