Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default What happened?

I joined the forum 5 years ago, and have had my on and off periods. i have been active in about a year, but i came back every so often, and now this place is empty. it's kinda sad. Is there any particular reason for a majority of the population here leaving? or did it just happen?

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 06-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe
Default Re: What happened?

Bad administration and some stupid decisions with the URPG imo.

No reason this place should have ever died.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:58 PM
TDD91 Offline

A lot of the people who were most active when I started are now in their mid 20s and working, we never replaced them with enough quality weirdos.

Only reason I still pop on is because it's the summer holidays from Uni
Old 06-27-2012, 02:24 PM
LS Offline

People just left. They found an excuse to be somewhere else rather than visit the forum.

But anyway, we have had a decent increase in activity lately.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Angel_DeArc_ Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Angel_DeArc_

Hey, no worries ^_^ I'm still here!
OKKKK. Not helping. Well one good reason might be the WAR XI, people just got busy with things they're competing with and not to mention the tough schedules people follow.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Actually, WAR=Active Members. With WAR going on, people who are participating in it should be on slightly more. For the ones who aren't participating, I think they're not going to come on as much because it's "WAR this, WAR that" for them. Others have just...left. They've grown out of this forum, I guess.

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 06-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Elite Dialga Offline

I'm here, joined 5 years ago, I am 22 =) lmao
Old 06-27-2012, 11:25 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Activity has actually improved a lot in the last year or so compared to what it was. Since the PE2K site stopped updating for a few years, we had a slow period where we weren't attracting new members despite old members moving on. Now that we have some power over the website to filter people back to the forums, we've been able to make some changes to get everything running again and get some new members. It takes time but we're slowly getting there! :)
Old 06-28-2012, 12:11 AM
TARDIS Offline

I do not believe in bad Administrators. Just people who don't like being told the rules.

Reasons for my personal inactivity: I lost interest in the Internet in general. I am prepping to leave for two years on a religious trip but I plan on coming back as either TARDIS or White Rabbit. Both options are open. Actually, I may give one to a friend. Haha.

IMO I believe that PE2K is something that grows slowly, and the members grow fast. Most people have lives outside of this social outlet. Pokemon becomes that peice of your childhood that most give up, but not all. The ones who are still on this site have learned to be normal offline and controlled online. Personally, I believe more people should have their pokemon.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:43 AM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARDIS View Post
I do not believe in bad Administrators. Just people who don't like being told the rules.
You do realize the only admin of the site would disappear for years on end without updating the site?
Old 06-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

ha ha I joined when I was 12, im 17 now. I come here really for the social aspect these days, but i guess things just changed, pokemon isnt really important to me any more, havent sat down and had a good play on my DS or GBA in over a year. I am guessing my story isnt the only one of it's kind. Maybe a share spree on other forums, blogs websites etc could pick up the pace around here maybe :) May share if i can find a good place :)

EDIT: I shared on this forum http://www.teenhut.net/advertising-a...post1062961720 :) gonna get a hell of a lot of hate for this, but i dont care, it's worth it to see this place as busy as it used to be :D

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me

Last edited by Cobalt Shadow; 06-28-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:12 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend collector View Post
ha ha I joined when I was 12, im 17 now. I come here really for the social aspect these days, but i guess things just changed, pokemon isnt really important to me any more, havent sat down and had a good play on my DS or GBA in over a year. I am guessing my story isnt the only one of it's kind. Maybe a share spree on other forums, blogs websites etc could pick up the pace around here maybe :) May share if i can find a good place :)

EDIT: I shared on this forum http://www.teenhut.net/advertising-a...post1062961720 :) gonna get a hell of a lot of hate for this, but i dont care, it's worth it to see this place as busy as it used to be :D
At this point, I do not think that anyone has the right to be mad at you for doing so. I had been suggesting that perhaps advertising was a good idea, but no one is willing to do so (me included tbh). Great job!
Old 06-28-2012, 12:16 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
At this point, I do not think that anyone has the right to be mad at you for doing so. I had been suggesting that perhaps advertising was a good idea, but no one is willing to do so (me included tbh). Great job!
ha ha on the forum i posted, i probably will but they can stick it where the sun dont shine.

Banner Made by Me
Old 06-29-2012, 02:52 AM
TARDIS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan.exe View Post
You do realize the only admin of the site would disappear for years on end without updating the site?
Bahaha that sucks. So i'm thinking its changed?
Old 10-30-2012, 05:29 AM
beezmap Offline
Banned

Hey, i am join one day back and i am a Make Online Photo Collage.......