Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Other Boards Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:46 AM
Checkmate Offline

Default Re: When and why do you use correct grammar/spelling online?

Why wouldn't you write to your best abilities online? Sure, avatars and cute little cliches in your signature are cool, but it's what you post that leaves the biggest mark man, and in any case, grammatical ineptitude will always make you look like a jackass.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:16 AM
TARDIS Offline

I use proper grammar as best as I can because it helps develop good habits offline.

Can you imagine turning in a job app in internet slang? Hi, my name is B0B nd i'm applng 4 ur job. can u plez help me? i no im a n00b at swpng fl4s but i culd use mah l8zrs on th dust bunnehs.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:09 AM
FrozenChaos Offline

Send a message via AIM to FrozenChaos Send a message via MSN to FrozenChaos Send a message via Yahoo to FrozenChaos

I try to use correct grammar and spelling because I don't want to look stupid. >_< Sometimes if I get lazy, I'll just not put apostrophes. That's my bad online grammar. I'm just really silly and take proper spelling and grammar to a new level. @___e;

We'll make this dream come true.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:43 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

I use somewhat correct grammar online because, for one thing, I'm a writer (to an extent) and writers are kind of expected to have ok-grammar and not be like 'o luk u mad e a funnee' rather like, if anything 'lol' or 'Hah' or something like that, if someone made a joke for instance.

The one thing I dont normally do is, as I just showed, I dont put the apostrophe in dont, cant, etc. I dont do it normally, at least, because Im not used to doing it. I do it while Im writing, however, and sometimes swich from not doing it to doing it in the middle of a sentence.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:08 PM
miyoun Offline

Send a message via MSN to miyoun Send a message via Skype™ to miyoun

i type "normally" i just don't have a use for caps. it's a forum, it's laid back not formal.
same with twitter. in texts i write well because usually i text my mum and my phone has autocorrect.

i misspell a lot but i don't fix it

don't wanna be a sing sing boy | twitter | last.fm
Old 07-10-2012, 05:15 AM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

If I'm posting on a forum or on Facebook or something similar, I'll try to make it look neat. And I use capitalization and punctuation when I text.

but if i'm in an instant messenger or chatting on a game i might forgo caps and punctuation for the speed
Old 07-19-2012, 12:56 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

I use it because I enjoy the way it looks. It's clean and easy to understand (unless I write a run-on sentence,creating an excess amount of commas, which I do often). Though I'm not a "verb-noun agreement" type of Grammar Nazi, I do correct punctuation and things in the like. I'm also a pretty shiet speller, which I why I hardly Skype with people (my Skype doesn't have spellchecker). P;

I only use incorrect grammar when it'll add to the tone/atmosphere/humor of what I'm trying to say, or if I'm trying to be cute. Like, sometimes when I'm talking to my boyfriend, I'll say,"I on compuuder, sowwy I responding slow. :c" or something.

Ironic how I hate it when people use the incorrect form of their/there/they're, but I love Dolan.

Last edited by 3m0d0ll; 07-19-2012 at 12:59 AM. Reason: GRAMMAR.