Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:47 AM
lisa lynn Offline

Default Re: [WAR XI] Sprite Art

Name: Lisa
Team: Awesome!

Pokemon Center Pick Ups!

link.

I've never made a sprite comic before, so I went for the humor points.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:30 AM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa lynn View Post
Name: Lisa
Team: Awesome!

Pokemon Center Pick Ups!

link.

I've never made a sprite comic before, so I went for the humor points.
Well, According to my higher ups, the Sprite Art Week VI will not be receiving points, as there was only 1 entry, and that 1 entry didn't do a good enough job by their standards, and thus, not even I get my judges point this week, because I started the week so late.

With that said, I wanna say that I think the comic was cute. Was it the best? No. However, it's way better than my first ever comic. Mine straight up had a sprite of Skeletor screaming I AM EVIL! for 3 scenes and then the next scene had me sleeping on a bed in a gas chamber. SOO! your first comic is good. I'm proud of you, and if it were up to me, I'd at least give you half of the total. and deduct my point still, because I started it late.

Anyways this week's theme is pretty hard, but you'll have options and fun with this.

"Omega Supreme Deluxe Super Chocolatey Fudge Coated Mega Ultra Alpha Beta Gamma Pixelized Perfection!"

Say THAT 10 times fast.. go ahead. =P

Anyways, yeah, so with this. you're scratchin' a sprite. Don't care what it is, but you gotta make it 100%, and it's gotta be yours. I'm going to judge it like this:

Creativity: /15
Shading: /15
Lines: /10
Colors: /10
Neatness: /15
Animation: /10
Effort: /20
Relativity: /5
Total: /100

This is going to be my harshest grading. You maybe wondering: Do I have to animate it? Answer: No, but be prepared to lose points for not animating it. =D I'm kidding, Animation is a bonus. You don't have to. I won't hate you for not animating your scratch sprite.

I realize that would take a lot of time, and I don't want to see anything for at least 2 days. I don't care if you have it done in 20 minutes, you're going to hold onto it, revise it, and see if there's nothing else you can do to it. In doing this, you'll automatically obtain 10 points to your Effort score, I want good sprites for this last week. So, don't give me some sloppy mess of a sprite, do you understand? Effort means just that. TRY to make it look good. I'm not trying to scare you, because I will indeed be accepting all entries (even though every person is still only allowed one).

With that said, let's see how you do. Scratch a sprite, that's all you have to do. You get a bonus if you can make it move and look good. =]

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:49 AM
sammy0295 Offline

Send a message via AIM to sammy0295

Okay, so I'm currently having problems with this, and I don't know why, but I'm posting this because its rather late, and I just want to say I have this done. But despite the fact that it's saved as png, every time I upload it, it turns all sucky. I'm working on fixing it.

EDIT
Alright, so I got it to work.
It's a little dragon, obviously. It's the first scratch sprite I've ever finished, and while it's not that great, I'm happy enough with it. Also, he's wearing mittens. Dragon mittens.

Excuse me do you have a little girls room?
We used to, but we let them all go!

Last edited by sammy0295; 07-29-2012 at 04:00 AM.