Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 07-31-2012, 01:29 AM
Sheepat Offline

Default Re: The London Olympic 2012 Thread

I've been trying to watch Fencing, but I'm too lazy :P I've just been watching whatever's on Channel 12, which means mainly gymnastics, volleyball, and swimming.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Rachel Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel

I'm going to the Women's Football this evening, Team GB vs Brazil! Can't wait :D
Old 07-31-2012, 12:59 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
I'm going to the Women's Football this evening, Team GB vs Brazil! Can't wait :D

The Women GB Football Team are so good! I expect great things from them today :D What time is kick-off?

~Sealboy

Click the image above to check out my YouTube Channel - it'd mean a lot.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:35 PM
Rachel Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealboy View Post

The Women GB Football Team are so good! I expect great things from them today :D What time is kick-off?

~Sealboy
7:45! Yeah they're amazing! It's Brazil though, going to be a tough one
Old 07-31-2012, 03:30 PM
Sealboy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sealboy Send a message via MSN to Sealboy Send a message via Skype™ to Sealboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
7:45! Yeah they're amazing! It's Brazil though, going to be a tough one
Woo! I will watch that via PC! Yes, yes they are :P I reckon we can do it - come on women, show us men how to play Football! :D

Hope you enjoy the game! :3

So, I heard GB got Silver in the Eventing Team Jumping final? Yay :D

EDIT: Well proud of the Women in our Football team - such great players! Better than our men's team xD

~Sealboy

Last edited by Sealboy; 07-31-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Sealboy Offline

So, what did everyone think of the final results? And what about the Closing Ceremony? I thought it was really cool :P Eric Idle was a LEGEND! xD

~Sealboy

Old 08-17-2012, 01:20 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I'm just glad Australia managed to sneak into the top 10! We had a pretty bad start and SO many silvers that could have been gold. We did terrible in swimming this year, but it was nice to see some non-traditional medals in athletics and sailing!

I kind of fast forwarded through most of the closing ceremony since it was basically a concert and I'm not big on music. xD

Also well done to Great Britain. After not getting any gold til day 5 or so, they did great!

Last edited by Pokemon Trainer Sarah; 08-17-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Sealboy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
I'm just glad Australia managed to sneak into the top 10! We had a pretty bad start and SO many silvers that could have been gold. We did terrible in swimming this year, but it was nice to see some non-traditional medals in athletics and sailing!

I kind of fast forwarded through most of the closing ceremony since it was basically a concert and I'm not big on music. xD

Also well done to Great Britain. After not getting any gold til day 5 or so, they did great!
Yeah, it was a shame about all of those Silvers D: But at least you were able to compete for Gold all of those times :D It goes to show that you Australians are real contenders - I reckon you'll get loads of Golds in Rio :3

xD I loved it. My favourite part had to be Eric Idle though - Monty Python's Holy Grail is a classic, "Always look on the bright side of life" was just perfect to perform xD

Was it Day 5? I thought it was maybe Day 3? I can't remember xD But yeah, we completely dominated the Cycling events at the Velodrome xD I was pleased with that. And I knew that Mo Farah and Jessica Ennis would get Gold after seeing them on TV about a year or two ago and watching them get Gold in some athletic event (I think it was European or something?) :3 I'm just really happy with how it all turned out xD

And the British Football? I was so proud of the men's team (the women's team were amazing, might I add) because they were put together a week before the Olympics started and they were a mess in their only friendly against Brazil. Then they improved tremendously over the next few games, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching them play - I hope the England team learn a thing or two from them. To be honest, I want more British football now, don't care much about England xD

~Sealboy

Old 08-18-2012, 12:56 AM
TDD91 Offline

Saw the lead singer from Elbow on Thursday, was at the BBC for an audition and he walked in and gave someone a CD.

Eric Idle & Rowan Atkinson both ruled the Olympics, fact.