Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 10-15-2012, 04:26 AM
CM's Avatar
CM Offline
Dungeon Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: FLAMING RATTATA!!!
Posts: 7,788
Send a message via AIM to CM
Default Re: Dungeons & Dragonites: Darkest Path

DUNGEON MASTER
narphoenix
((You don't need a Perception check if you just want to listen for anything. So I'm changing that to a Listen check.))

narpheonix rolls 1d20 for his Listen (Wis) check. He rolls a 15, needing a 14 or under to pass.

Daniel closely listens to the groups around him, but most he hears is drunken talk of men talking about some of the maidens they'd like to court or some misadventure one it telling to his friends. He can't pick up on any information about any available jobs.

Everyone in The Seventh Rose
The tavern was already busy with business, even it being as early as it was. Some young men were already ordering ale, and having too much of it, while other groups were there for a high class meal. All sorts of different classes in society mingled here, it having the standards of a high class establishment but prices that the normal working man could afford. However in once corner of the tavern a fight broke out. It wasn't close to our player characters, so they are not affected by it. However as soon as it broke out, everything in that part of the establishment seemed to freeze. Everyone had become silent, but it felt deathly silent when the two men just froze in place.

"What is going on here?!" a voice spoke, feminine but authoritative.

The closest worker of the tavern looked at the staircase, seeing two beautiful women. One had flaming red hair with matching eyes, her expression not all that pleased. The other looked younger, and with blonde hair and blue eyes. She had a calm expression compared to the older, and she had her right hand out. A faint orange glow surrounded her hand, indicating the use of a certain field of magic. Perhaps she was the one responsible for the two fighters suddenly stopping. The tavern worker paled when he saw the women, his expression almost fearful when he looked at the redheaded woman.

Jaye
After Archeon left, the young woman wasn't sure what to do. Should she head to the tavern herself or should she stay and try to learn more about what's going on? As she pondered she wasn't aware of someone joining her on the bench. She appeared to be a young elven woman, her faced marked with black tribal tattoos. Her attire was simple and colored with earth toned colors.

"Hi there!" she greeted in a cheerful voice. "You look lonely, so Kai decided to join you! Are you lost? Kai gets lost a lot, especially in cities like this. Maybe Kai can help you? Oh, Kai wasn't rude, was she? Kai didn't get permission to sit here... Kai's sorry! Would you like Kai to leave?"
((I'm not sure whether I should laugh or feel sorry for you character, Jaye X3 Hope this helps you with writing up a post!))
__________________
Crystal Momoyia

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-15-2012, 05:32 AM
Eternal Moonlight's Avatar
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rumored Canadian
Posts: 6,579
Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight
Default Re: Dungeons & Dragonites: Darkest Path


Lumi (Frost) the human
Rogue
Any Street near the market, Southport
Affected RPers: CM


Frost looks at Kai for a few moments, her facial features completely glacial. She appears completely indifferent, and crosses her arms as a preliminary response. The company was not enjoyed, but perhaps this girl could locate the Seventh Rose. The man was now gone and it was easier this way then to go asking around…

A thought that was most unpleasing.

“Would you know where a tavern by the name of The Seventh Rose is located?” Frost’s voice is completely void of any curiosity or friendliness. It, on the other hand, is quiet emotionless and distant.
__________________

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-15-2012, 06:42 AM
Trainer17's Avatar
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New World
Posts: 6,354
Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17
Default Re: Dungeons & Dragonites: Darkest Path

Vahn D. Brande l Son Goku
Dragon Slayer l Fighter Mage
Southport Dock


"I hear that most of what is sold is second-hand, nothing special. Basically stuff handed down or thrown away by the rick folk. But it's durable material, from what I've heard. Also might be able to barter for a trade instead of paying coin," the sailor replied. "I think one fellow made a trade last time I was in town, said he'd do one of the seller's chores in return for a linen shirt."

"This is a waste of our time. Vahn, let's just make haste. If we were to hang around here any longer, we might miss out on a lot of things."

"Did you hear? There's a bit of a squabble going on by The Seventh Rose. It appears that she's there. You might not want to miss this out!" A nearby civilian gave a shout to the Sailor.

"What about it Vahn? The Seventh Rose sounds like a terribly good place to start off our journey. Who knows? We might discover a thing or two about our past!"

"Let's go..."

Vahn appeared to be much more calm and composed, and didn't behave foolishly as he normally would. Why? ...

The two left the harbors and made way into the inner part of the city, particularly cornering a tavern by the name of The Seventh Rose...

Note: None
__________________
URPG l ASB l VPP

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League

Last edited by Trainer17; 10-15-2012 at 06:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-15-2012, 07:18 AM
Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Voids of my mind
Posts: 6,530
Default Re: Dungeons & Dragonites: Darkest Path

Arima and Fall
Beast Soothesayer and Druddigon
The Seventh Rose


Arima watched the brawl from afar, as she was seated far in the back. Fall growled a few times, however remained under the cover of the table and table cloth. The sound of small paws passed her table, and a very unique Ninetales passed them by. Arima watched only with her eyes, making sure Fall did not growl at the passing Pokemon. Once she was out of direct line of sight, the Beast Soothesayer paid attention to the fight that had seemed to have stopped as soon as it started. She looked upon the two females inquiring as to what was going on. She noticed the ambiance seemed to remain still, as if everyone simple minded by the ale had come under a spell.

'How interesting...' She thought.


Note: Armia is doing a perception check of the tavern, mostly the two females and more specifically, the one with the glowing hand.
__________________
Code:
VPP STATS Paired with: Sandstorm Lavastone <3 Neon the Jolteon Level100: 6576
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-16-2012, 12:33 AM
Velocity's Avatar
Velocity Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Land of Night and Magic
Posts: 2,758
Default Re: Dungeons & Dragonites: Darkest Path

Othniel Moto-Moyo and Jasiri
Warrior/Shaman
Southport Street/The Seventh Rose


Othniel's eyes glinted at the thought of magical items. He tended not to use weapons - except for, of course, his trusty staff - but magical items could always be broken down, and their enchantments stored in other objects or turned to different uses. Thanking the hat seller, Othniel walked away. He had been to the Seventh Rose before, rather often; it had good food and excellent ale. Walking with an easy but deliberate gait, Othniel Moto-Moyo set off toward the tavern.

"Looking for magic, eh big man?" Jasiri asked, a grin on his beaked face. Most of the time Jasiri was smiling. It made Othniel a bit nervous occasionally, but he knew from experience that the Braviary was entirely harmless. The lion-man replied with an easy smile on his dark face.

"Always, Flameclaws," said Othniel in a formal rumble, using the title he had given the bird on their first meeting. His look suddenly grew misty and distant; he tightened his grip on the staff in his great hand. "Always."

The Seventh Rose was quite a busy place, filled with people clamoring for ale and food. Othniel wrinkled his nose at the noise, which seemed to make Jasiri just as uncomfortable and fidgety. "You do what you need to do," said the bird, "and I'll find us some seats. Just make it quick - please." Saying this, he fluttered off of Othniel's shoulder and walked over to an empty space near a man and Jellicent. Othniel scanned the crowd, looking for someone who seemed to be selling arcane goods.

However, he saw nothing - except for a tavern that suddenly went as quiet as the grave. All eyes turned toward a spot near the center of the tavern. Othniel had a hard time seeing, but he thought he could pick out a girl with a luminous... hand? Othniel frowned, leaning forward, trying to see why this girl was using magic. He readied himself to reach for his staff.

Perception Check on the patrons.
__________________
I laughed, I cried, I testified;
And in the end found this world altogether lacking.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D

Last edited by Velocity; 10-17-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Socratic Sarcasm's Avatar
Socratic Sarcasm Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: My neural circuits
Posts: 683
Default Re: Dungeons & Dragonites: Darkest Path

Daniel and Samael
Human (Magus) and Jellicent
The Seventh Rose


When I tried to listen for job offers, I got diddly. I was just about to give Samael an 'I told you so' when the entire tavern fell silent.

I turned my head, only to see a brawl. I was unsurprised, the sheer amount of alcohol in the establishment (I always wondered why people drank the stuff: it was stupid, limiting your mind like that, and doubly so for a Magus, where a loss of thought generally meant a loss of life) made THAT inevitable. I was rolling my eyes at this idiotic behavior when I noticed them brawlers freeze. I noticed two women, and one of them was wielding Power. And with that, it looked like she made them stop. Her companion said a few stern words, but I wasn't listening much. I was too focused on letting loose a quiet stream curses in five different languages.

"Yes, we get it, your vocabulary is very colorful. So why are you showing the rainbow right now?"

"Samael, a spell of that power is freaking terrifying. To be able to exert your will over not only one, but two sentient beings indicates a level of power that's on par with and probably beats my healing and Teacher's wielding of force and fire. If the girl is half as proficient with any other magic as she was with that, this entire tavern would probably point blank DIE against her. And I doubt she keeps weak company."

I drew in as much Power as I could possibly hold at that point, enough for a transformation and a few minor, or a few less major, healing spells. I didn't transform, nor did I release any spells; it was really annoying, trying to hold back that much Power (I can hear Teacher in my head right now, chiding me about how it takes energy to control energy), but if this wizard or her companion decided I needed a facial readjustment, I could transform, hold up a Protect until I boosted my speed, and run the hell out of there before they decided I wasn't worth the effort, healing my injuries as I incurred them (hopefully). I then decided my energy would best be spent deciding what I was going up against, and tried to figure out the two girls.

Action: Perception Check on the girls.
__________________
Avatar by Velocity!



Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Kamikaze's Avatar
Kamikaze Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 239
Default Re: Dungeons & Dragonites: Darkest Path

Aldur An'rayi
Human Rogue
The Seventh Rose, Southport


Aldur found himself walking towards the street where a new tavern had opened recently, one that hadn't been there the last time he spent time in Southport. There were rumors going around about this new establishment extraordinaire, it was said to be something you wouldn't want to miss. While he was walking, he pondered over the predicament that had made him to relocate from the rather luxurious hideout he kept in the capital.

Apparently a prominent nobleman from Dragonstone with an arrow sprouting from the back of his head caused quite a commotion in the capital. It could have been because it happened in the palace courtyard, it could have been because it was in the middle of the greeting ceremony at his arrival, merely minutes before he was to meet the Royal Highness in person, but mostly, Aldur thought, it was because the now deceased nobleman had been there to answer a royal summons from the throne. The last part Aldur hadn't known at the time, and since a guest of the royal house was supposed to be untouchable, the city guard as well as the palace guard had gone out in full force. Thus, he had moved on, deciding to let the situation in Skyspire cool down for a bit. They had no way of connecting his face to the assassination, almost nobody could link his face, or name, to his occupational identity as one of the select few who could truly call themselves ghosts or shadows, but the mere fact of knowing that every armed guard in the city wanted his hide had made him more tense than a bowstring.

So here he was, in Southport, contemplating whether or not it would be a good idea to lay low for a while, when he suddenly came upon the street he was aiming for. Slowing down just before he came upon the tavern, he opened the door and came to a halt in the doorway, as he noticed a woman with what appeared to be a glowing hand. Magic he assumed. While unconsciously putting his hands on his weapons, he tried to take in the whole scene, figuring out what may be happening inside the tavern.

Perception check(I assume?) to scout the patrons currently inside the tavern, trying to figure out what he just walked in on.

[[OOC: Sorry about late reply, really late actually, thankfully I don't seem to have missed too much.]]
__________________

Random Sprite Art, all done by me. That includes the animated Shaymin I use as an avatar.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Kaioo's Avatar
Kaioo Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ^.^
Posts: 3,416
Send a message via AIM to Kaioo
Default Re: Dungeons & Dragonites: Darkest Path

Archeon Pendragon (Azrael), "Fallen" Demon Lord
Warrior
The Seventh Rose


Archeon had been in the tavern for all of two seconds before a brawl had broken out. A smirk had plastered itself on his face as he gazed at the fight, before it suddenly froze, and an eyebrow raised as he scanned his surroundings, noticing several occupants of the tavern staring at a woman who appeared to have a glowing hand. Archeon looked from the woman to the frozen brawlers, and then back at the woman, before shaking his head and making his way to the bar, waiting for several moments before clearing his throat to get the barkeep's attention.

"How much would a flagon of your ale cost, good sir?" Archeon asked, plastering a good-natured smile upon his face.

Archeon didn't even cast a glance back behind him at the commotion, as he knew it would sort itself out soon and would be dealt with. It didn't concern him, and if he was honest with himself, he needed a drink, which is why he found himself at the bar, having requested the price of a flagon of ale.

'This tavern is certainly something. I'm in here for all of two seconds and a fight broke out, and there's somebody apparently using magic.' Archeon thought to himself. 'Hopefully, I'll finally find what has drawn me to this place. I've been away from civilization for so long, and then something just attracted me to this settlement... I can't help but wonder if that something is within this tavern, there has been a lot of talk about it'
__________________
[paired with DarkAmethyst a.k.a angel-chan] URPG stats Ranger Log

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-23-2012, 06:55 AM
CM's Avatar
CM Offline
Dungeon Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: FLAMING RATTATA!!!
Posts: 7,788
Send a message via AIM to CM
Default Re: Dungeons & Dragonites: Darkest Path

Kai the Elf (NPC)
???
Market Street, Southport
ARPers: Eternal Moonlight
Kai smiled and brightened up upon hearing the question. "Kai knows!" she replied, oblivious to the other woman's distant tone. "Kai is friends with the owner!" She then quickly got up and retrieved the chakram, or commonly known as a ring blade, and that was previously hidden from view. She she had her back turned a crossbow was shown to be strapped on her back. "Kai will show you where it is!" She then started to skip, literally skip, in the direction the tavern was, taking a narrow alley as a shortcut.
Surge the Houndoom
Warrior/Assassin
The Seventh Rose tavern, Southport
The Houndoom growled as he entered the tavern, not pleased at all. He wanted to know more about that merchant since he picked up the feral scent, but it was too risky to remain hidden any longer than he did. So he decided to hit up the new tavern and sample their fine brews. Okay, that was a lie. He wanted to strongest ale they had to offer. He also failed to find work currently, so he might as well spend some of the coin he had on something he enjoyed. He rarely needed the small metal pieces, but he did carry them in case he needed repairs to his armor or needed a strong drink. However when he entered The Seventh Rose he saw what was going on. He saw the almost frightened waiter and followed his gaze to the two women. That's all he cared to know at the moment and decided to make his way to the bar, knowing that soon enough the bartender would get out of his daze and serve him.
DUNGEON MASTER
Sam
Vahn and Goku get directions by a friendly civilian and were able to find the tavern without complication. When they enter The Seventh Rose they are met with the sight of what appeared to be a fight frozen in time. If they looked to the staircase that lead to the second floor they would see the two women there, one looking rather disappointed and the other completely calm, as if focusing on something else. The second woman's hand was held out, a soft glow surrounding the appendage.

Sabi
Sabi rolls 1d20 for her Perception (Wis) check. She rolls a 3, needing a 14 or under to pass.

As Arima looked at the women, she was able to pick on quite a bit of detail being on the other end of the tavern. She noticed that the younger woman's hand was glowing a dark orange, and if she looked closely at the two who were previously fighting she'd see a faint symbol below them that was the same color. The older, redheaded woman was quite pale, more so than the blonde. She also noticed that some of the wait staff were almost shaking, fearful at the redhead's glare. However the distance between her and the two women made it difficult to pick up on any other appearance details.

Velocity
Velocity rolls 1d20 for her Perception (Wis) check. She rolls a 3, needing a 10 or under to pass.

Othneil learns the same things Arima does.

narphoenix
narphoenix rolls 1d20 for his Perception (Wis) check. He rolls a 11, needing a 14 or under to pass.

Daniel only notices that when the redheaded woman would turn her gaze to one of her workers, that particular employee would almost visibly shake as long as her looked at them.

Kamikaze
Kamikaze rolls 1d20 for his Perception (Wis) check. He rolls a 4, needing a 13 or under to pass.

Aldur learns the same things that Arima and Othneil learn, minus the similar colors between the blonde woman's hand and the symbol on the ground under the fighters.

Everyone in The Seventh Rose
After taking a moment to look over all of the staff, the red haired woman walked down the rest of the stairs. Her posture alone showed she was of high class, her aura demanding respect and attention. Even the bartender watched her carefully, completely ignoring any requests made to him.

"If no one is going to speak, I might have to do this the hard way."

"N-No need, madam!" one of the waiters quickly spoke. "These two g-gentlemen just had too much to drink a-and got into an argument."

"Which lead them into a full brawl in my establishment," the woman finished, getting a nod from the waiter. She sighed, turning up to the young blonde. "I would only expect that from our guild members, especially our berserker."

The blonde nodded slowly, her full concentration on the two brawlers. She saw her companion wave her hand at her, and when she saw this she lowered her hand. For those who noticed the symbol they now notice it disappeared as soon as the young woman dropped her hand. The two men instantly dropped to their knees. One was bigger than the other, more muscle, and scarred. It was clear he has seen many battles and came close to death more times than one. This was the man the redhead walked to. She knelt down to him, placing a finger under his chin and lifting his face up high enough so they made eye contact. He man at first had a snarl on his face, but when he gazed into her red eyes his expression changed to one of confusion, then fear. He saw something no one else in the room saw.

"Now then, be a good boy and leave my tavern. And take your friends as well. I will not tolerate this kind of behavior, so until you learn how to behave we will not accept your coin here."

The man couldn't run fast enough out of the building, his companions following shortly after, needing to double take the scene for they did not believe they just frightened the toughest member of their group. The other man got the same waring, though kinder, so he and his friends left more calmly. The blonde woman had joined the redhead on the main floor before the older of the two sighed.

"Everyone here gets a drink on the house! I would appreciate that you stay, enjoy your time, continue your business here."

There were a few cheers when she announced it, and the staff was not about to argue with when the drink orders flooded in.
__________________
Crystal Momoyia

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Socratic Sarcasm's Avatar
Socratic Sarcasm Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: My neural circuits
Posts: 683
Default Re: Dungeons & Dragonites: Darkest Path

Daniel and Samael
Human (Magus) and Jellicent
The Seventh Rose


"Definitely NOT weak company. If I was a gambling man, I'd bet she has mojo. Although, the fact that she's inciting fear, based on the way at least one of her tavern workers is freaking terrified of her and the brawler basically wet his pants upon eye contact, doesn't exactly narrow it down. Lots of things incite fear. I've heard of things that even feed on it."

"Ouch. So do you have a plan?"

"Yes. First off, I need you to exploit the generous tavern lady's offer and get two bottles of their highest proof drinks."

Samael looked confused,"I thought you wre positively sober all the time for some reason, and I can't drink alcohol, even a little bit. It's rather poisonous for Jellicent."

"Alcohol is rather useful for things besides drinking, you know. If someone has a nasty wound, you can disinfect with it. And if I need to use fire magic, I can use it to enhance its strength." Or if I need to transform. But Samael doesn't know I can do that.

"I thought you sucked at fire magic. Horribly." Which was true; I sucked at fire MAGIC. I could make fire as a Blaziken easily.

"Oh, I do. I can make a spark if you give a few seconds, and that's about it for combat speed fire magic. Obviously it wouldn't be very effective on it's own. The funny thing is, with fuel like alcohol, fire GROWS." I smiled.

"Point, I'll get them. One second." Samael floated away.

I, on the other hand, wanted to determine what the tavern lady was. The best way to do that would be to look her in eyes, but it's generally acknowledged to be stupid to deliberately expose yourself to hostile magic. So, did I want listen to what my curiosity was telling me to do, or what my every instinct was screaming at me not to do?

Screw it. You don't learn if you don't take a bit of risk. I walked up to the ladies, look the redheaded one straight in the eye, and said,"Um. Hi. Thanks for the drinks. How are you today, other than the fight happening, of course?" I was the absolute epitome of smoothness. No one can resist my charm after I go for it. The absolute pinnacle of finesse and sociability, that's me.

Me? Sarcasm? Never.

Action: An attempt to Charm the ladies (Charisma). And if Daniel can roll against the fear incitement, he has the feat Iron Will.
__________________
Avatar by Velocity!



Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-27-2012, 06:22 PM
Kaioo's Avatar
Kaioo Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ^.^
Posts: 3,416
Send a message via AIM to Kaioo
Default Re: Dungeons & Dragonites: Darkest Path

Archeon Pendragon (Azrael), "Fallen" Demon Lord
Warrior
The Seventh Rose


Archeon quirked an eyebrow at the offer of a free beer on the house, but didn't voice anything as a flagon was slid down the bar towards him which he swiftly caught with one hand with ease, taking a sip of it as he nonchalantly turned around to face the staircase, watching as some idiot waltzed up to the ladies that had sent the brawlers packing with their tails between their legs.

"Oh boy... this could get nasty. I'd put a gold piece on the boy wetting himself if the woman threatened him at all. If I was a betting man." Archeon muttered to himself, chuckling as he shook his head, taking another sip from the flagon. "Maybe he's a friend of one of the brawlers? Nah... too cliche. He could be looking to score after seeing her put the brawlers in the place with such ease... nah, he'd wet himself without even going over if he was into her. On the other hand..."

Archeon merely shrugged to himself, disappearing into his thoughts as he gazed with intent to see how the situation would unfold on the staircase, taking another sip of his beer, a sly smirk set on his face as he watched, waiting eagerly.
__________________
[paired with DarkAmethyst a.k.a angel-chan] URPG stats Ranger Log

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Trainer17's Avatar
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New World
Posts: 6,354
Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17
Default Re: Dungeons & Dragonites: Darkest Path

Vahn D. Brande l Son Goku
Dragon Slayer l Fighter Mage
The Seventh Rose


"Everyone here gets a drink on the house! I would appreciate that you stay, enjoy your time, continue your business here."

"Hee. This sure looks like a lively place, and we're at the right time! What drink do you want to get, Goku?" Vahn smirked as he grid his canine-like teeth.

"Is it always the food that you can always realize, Vahn? Take a good look at this atmosphere. One minute ago, it was booming with noises, sounds of cheers, and every inch of the wall, breathed with life. In just a matter of moment, that women stirred up quite the fight, without the use of a magic. What do you make of that?

"She's no ordinary lass if that's what you're asking. Want me to test her battle prowess out, then?"

"No. Without magic alone, she made that brawny idiot to scoot out of this bar. With magic, and of course, intellect that she might actually possess, higher than you at any rate, you'll get thrashed. That's the last thing we want to do. No more commotions for now...I believe we already have a prey walking into its trap. Let's just take a breather or two and see what unfolds..."

Goku was never the one who fights head-on or recklessly like Vahn does, but he was more of a strategist. As the both made their way to a nearby seat and ordered their own free drinks, they saw a particular character walking up to the ladies, trying to swoon them with words. But would words work, on someone who's really good at it? ...




Note: None
__________________
URPG l ASB l VPP

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Voids of my mind
Posts: 6,530
Default Re: Dungeons & Dragonites: Darkest Path

Arima and Fall
Beast Soothesayer and Druddigon
The Seventh Rose


Arima noted the off symbol on one of the women, the other more pale. Everyone's demeanour, that being the staff, seemed to change, even when the red head in question was not looking at them. She could sense Fall getting slightly restless, and the beastmaster wondered what kind of energy the symbol was producing, as it was clearly made by something. Arima had a hunch of something powerful, but had no way of knowing for sure.

Drink orders began to flood in, the bar counter filled with people reaching over each other to get their drink before anyone else while it was still within the stock of the barrels. Arima was not part of the rush as she was not an ale drinker. The most she drank was water, which in turn gave her strange looks from others. Arima thought that with everyone focused on a free drink, it would be the best time to try and find out what that symbol, or what energy the woman had been holding in her hand.

"Arima, do watch me please."

The Druddigon under the table groaned quietly, becoming vigilant.

Arima put her finger tips together and closed her eyes, focused on the power of nature. Waiting until her mind was at rest, she put only one question in her mind.

'Our dear mother, may you relinquish to me the entity of the mark held in the woman's hand...?'


Note: Arima is using 'Nature Sense' to try and identify more into the orange mark.

Nature's Sense: Arima can tap into the natural energy around her when meditating. She can ask nature questions, and possibly sense of living beasts or unnatural things are near by. Answers vary, or she may get none at all.
__________________
Code:
VPP STATS Paired with: Sandstorm Lavastone <3 Neon the Jolteon Level100: 6576
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Velocity's Avatar
Velocity Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Land of Night and Magic
Posts: 2,758
Default Re: Dungeons & Dragonites: Darkest Path

Othniel Moto-Moyo and Jasiri
Warrior/Shaman
The Seventh Rose


Severe misgivings struck Othniel as he watched the exchange between the two women and the inn's workers. Nothing made sense. Nothing felt certain. He adjusted his staff and growled faintly, keeping half an eye on the women as he ordered a pint of ale. When he returned to the table Jasiri had taken - the bird was sitting on the back of a chair, his feathers ruffled with agitation - the lion-man swallowed half his drink at one gulp and turned his gold gaze on his companion.

"How much of that did you see?" he asked slowly. The traces of a snarl edged his rumbling bass voice.

Jasiri shrugged. "I only heard, for the most part. It's hard to see over all of these heads. This inn is much too crowded."

In no mood to complain about the conditions, Othniel launched right into a brief explanation of what he'd seen and heard: how the blond woman's hand had glowed with a strange orange color and how a symbol in the same hue had marked the fight she had stopped; how the inn's staff had trembled with fear when the redheaded woman had looked at them; how the redhead had looked into the eyes of a man who looked like a seasoned warrior and frightened him as easily as Othniel would a child.

Jasiri looked twitchier than ever. "This pale woman must have authority," he said. When Othniel gave him a questioning look, the bird added, "She said 'our guild', and 'my establishment'. Maybe she -"

He stopped in midsentence, following something with his eyes. Othniel turned to look as well. A tall - by normal human standards, at any rate - slim man in dark blue robes was weaving through the crowd, moving straight toward the two women. A large blue squid was floating off in a different direction, possibly toward the drinks counter. Jasiri watched the latter for a long moment, while Othniel kept his gaze trained on the blue-robed man. The first word that came to Othniel's mind when he saw the other was 'wizard'. Suddenly it felt like the entire inn was alive with magic.

"Um," Othniel's keen ears picked up the sound of the blue-cloaked mage talking. He sounded jittery, as though he was trying to he his words out before he realized how foolish he was being. "Hi. Thanks for the drinks. How are you today, other than the fight happening, of course?"

"Pft," snickered Jasiri. "That idiot's going to get himself killed. Give me a sip of your ale, would you?"

No special action.
__________________
I laughed, I cried, I testified;
And in the end found this world altogether lacking.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com