Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 08-10-2006, 01:46 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Sneak Peek Recap: Party of the Decade!

Sneak Peek Recap: Party of the Decade!
-08/10/06-

Hello everyone, just got back from Party of the Decade! I was there for three days, the day before the event, the day of the Party of the Decade, and the day after the event. Each day was packed with Pokemon! As you know from the previous news, Nintendo sent me there all the way from California to New York to cover this special event.

It's going to take me a while to post everything I experienced, so here's a small sneak peek of what to expect. Here's six pictures I took during my stay there. I will be updating more today, so stay tuned for more stuff!

Sneak Peek
Picture 1: Can't get good coverage without the proper tools. Fortunately, Nintendo was able to provide me a press badge and a VIP badge so I can get a close look at the event and provide everyone out there an in depth look at the event (especially for those that weren't able to attend). Picture 2: The front entrance to Bryant Park, where Party of the Decade is located. The podium there provided information about the event, such as maps and leaflets.

Picture 1: I got there really early, but people were already lining up for the events. This one pictured here allowed people to try out Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Picture 2: While I was walking around looking at the various activities, I came across the trainers from Pokemon Ranger and Pokemon Emerald. So here you see the male and female trainers for Pokemon Ranger, and the female trainer for Pokemon Emerald. The male trainer for Pokemon Emerald wandered off too far ahead, so couldn't get him into the group picture.

Picture 1: A long line right? What for? These people are in line to download a Pokemon of their choice to their games out of the twenty available Pokemon (these are the top twenty top Pokemon as voted by fans at the official site). The line got even longer later in the day. Picture 2: I kept walking through the same paths, but every time I pass by, it seemed that I discovered something new every time. These Pokemon statues were placed throughout the park. Some of them are really cleverly placed, so I had to keep my eyes open, at any corner I could discover another Pokemon.

Again, this is just a small sample of what to expect. I will have complete coverage of what I experienced at Party of the Decade later today. All the details on what I did at the event, information I learned from the Nintendo and Pokemon USA staff, and more! So stay tuned!

Related Links
Pokemon.com - The official site has complete coverage of the event as well!
Party of the Decade - Pokemon Elite 2000's page covering the Party of the Decade event.

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com
Old 08-10-2006, 02:10 PM
Lotad Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Lotad
Default Re: Sneak Peek Recap: Party of the Decade!

Nice Pictures. I think it would have been nice to get a picture of the Emerald Male Trainer. Also, I thought Pokemon said that you be able to download the top 20 Pokemon, not a Pokemon from the top 20 Pokemon. Still it did look fun.

Also, I like the Meowth Picture more than the others.

{URPG} | {Sparkz // Mastered @ 8,693} | {Anime}
-.- I'm taking a small minor break from Pe2K, as well as chatting on AIM... I'll probably be back May 15th, though I may not be on till the 28th for some reason.
This doesn't mean I drop out of everything I'm doing though... =/
Old 08-10-2006, 02:18 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotad View Post
Nice Pictures. I think it would have been nice to get a picture of the Emerald Male Trainer. Also, I thought Pokemon said that you be able to download the top 20 Pokemon, not a Pokemon from the top 20 Pokemon. Still it did look fun.

Well, Emerald male trainer... he raced off, lol. And no, you can't get all top 20 Pokemon at a time, or else that line would have been even longer.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:22 PM
Lotad Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Lotad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000 View Post
Well, Emerald male trainer... he raced off, lol. And no, you can't get all top 20 Pokemon at a time, or else that line would have been even longer.
I wonder why the Emerald Trainer raced off... maybe it was you had camera, and he's shy of cameras. And yah, the line would have stretched probably for 3 to 4 miles then.

{URPG} | {Sparkz // Mastered @ 8,693} | {Anime}
-.- I'm taking a small minor break from Pe2K, as well as chatting on AIM... I'll probably be back May 15th, though I may not be on till the 28th for some reason.
This doesn't mean I drop out of everything I'm doing though... =/
Old 08-10-2006, 02:25 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
I'd probably be still standing on line if that was the case... XP

And yeah, I took a few pictures myself. And it and was very, very crowded. Whoever said the Pokemon craze is dead really needs a realty check. :P

I would have liked to do everything, but the lines were long and by the time I got that Flying Pikachu, it was already 4:10 PM and I just barely made it on the train home. Still, it was fun though, I was glad the weather was just right for it.

Old 08-10-2006, 02:45 PM
PikaZap Offline
Experienced Trainer

Talking Re: Sneak Peek Recap: Party of the Decade!

heck the line was really long I had enough time to do 20 battles with the people next to me they were like 18 or something so teens still like pokemon now I guess
Old 08-10-2006, 02:53 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
I'd probably be still standing on line if that was the case... XP

And yeah, I took a few pictures myself. And it and was very, very crowded. Whoever said the Pokemon craze is dead really needs a realty check. :P

I would have liked to do everything, but the lines were long and by the time I got that Flying Pikachu, it was already 4:10 PM and I just barely made it on the train home. Still, it was fun though, I was glad the weather was just right for it.
Yea, very crowded. We probably bumped into each other and not know it, that's how crowded it was. The weather was hot for me anyways, but I know it could have been a lot worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaZap View Post
heck the line was really long I had enough time to do 20 battles with the people next to me they were like 18 or something so teens still like pokemon now I guess
Yea, I saw a lot of people battling while they were waiting (everyone had their games out anyways, might as well!). And the stage area was close by so that kept people entertained as well. And yea you're right, there's a lot of fans of all ages, even over 18. In fact, there's plenty of fans over 18, it's not like it's rare or anything.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:36 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Yea, very crowded. We probably bumped into each other and not know it, that's how crowded it was. The weather was hot for me anyways, but I know it could have been a lot worse.
Yeah, it was hot, but it could have been raining, and that would have been bad...

Quote:
Yea, I saw a lot of people battling while they were waiting (everyone had their games out anyways, might as well!). And the stage area was close by so that kept people entertained as well. And yea you're right, there's a lot of fans of all ages, even over 18. In fact, there's plenty of fans over 18, it's not like it's rare or anything.
Okay, now here's where I was really suprised, because there were a lot of adults there and people that appeared to be in their 20's. I thought I would stand out, but honestly, I definitely didn't.

I only brought my cartridges, and not my GBA. Still though, it was nice to see how big these events can get.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Barret Offline

I wish I could have gone. Especially for that Celebi. D:

Some Drug, Alcohol, and Domestic Violence Related Info and Statistics:
+One out of every two women will be raped in their lifetime
+One out of every three women will be sexually assaulted, raped, or beaten by the time they are 18
+In the US every 30 minutes someone is killed in an alcohol related traffic accident
+Over 15 million Americans are dependent on alcohol; 500,000 are between the age of 9 and 12
+Tobacco is the only thing that when used correctly, will kill you
Be Responsible. Don't be a Statistic.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barret View Post
I wish I could have gone. Especially for that Celebi. D:
Sadly, they weren't giving out Celebi...

It was still good even without that...

Old 08-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Barret Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Sadly, they weren't giving out Celebi...

It was still good even without that...
You sure?

I was sure I read on the pokemon website that they were giving it out. :/

EDIT: It said on the site that for the first time ever they were offering Celebi. But that might not have been at this event. :/

Some Drug, Alcohol, and Domestic Violence Related Info and Statistics:
+One out of every two women will be raped in their lifetime
+One out of every three women will be sexually assaulted, raped, or beaten by the time they are 18
+In the US every 30 minutes someone is killed in an alcohol related traffic accident
+Over 15 million Americans are dependent on alcohol; 500,000 are between the age of 9 and 12
+Tobacco is the only thing that when used correctly, will kill you
Be Responsible. Don't be a Statistic.

Last edited by Barret; 08-10-2006 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:14 PM
zyuray Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Sneak Peek Recap: Party of the Decade!
-08/10/06-

Picture 2: While I was walking around looking at the various activities, I came across the trainers from Pokemon Ranger and Pokemon Emerald. So here you see the male and female trainers for Pokemon Ranger, and the female trainer for Pokemon Emerald. The male trainer for Pokemon Emerald wandered off too far ahead, so couldn't get him into the group picture.[/url]
Hi, do you have a hi-res version of the pic with the Pokemon Rangers? The girl in the middle is a friend of mine.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Haha. I thought the Pokemon in the fountain was fun. Which I could have gone. They have to do something in CA next time.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 08-10-2006, 10:54 PM
tbag342 Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotad View Post

i like the meowth picture to
Old 08-10-2006, 11:55 PM
Sapphire Swampert Offline
Experienced Trainer

so what pokemon did Ryan get?

Sapphire Swampert's PokePet

Polly Toed the level 29 Politoed!