Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 08-22-2009, 04:09 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Default Silver the Hedgehog *FINISHED!*

Silver the Hedgehog
<Updates every monday>

A foreword from Omochao
Hi, I'm Omochao, and I'll be your narrator for this story! Thanks for taking the time ou of your busy day to read this; Metal Sonic really appreciates it! Be sure to keep a look out for files from Dr. Robotnik linked throughout some chapters to find out more about the robots and characters featured in this story. That's all for now; be sure to enjoy! Be sure to leave plenty of comments!

<Character sprites, courtesty of Photobucket>

???

SITES I'VE POSTED THIS ON: PE2K.
REPORTED SITES: None; If you see it anywhere other than here, PM me ASAP for fan fic stealers.

Chapter list
Zone 1: Iron Fortress
Act 1: Robotropolis
Act II: Metal Sonic
Zone II: Station Square
Act I: Gyroscopes and Gadgets
Act II: Go Gadget Go!
Act III: K.T.E.
Zone III: Mystic Ruin
Act I: Egg Hornet
Act II: Green Hill
Act III: E-104 'e'
Zone IV: Station Square (2)
Act I: New Friends, Old Enemies
Act II: Battle of the City, Part I
Act III: Battle of the City, Part II
Zone V: South Island
Act I: Guardians of Nations
Act II: The Truth

Specials
Character themes <Updated 9/14>

Last edited by Dr Robotnik; 12-01-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:10 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Default Re: Silver the Hedgehog

Stage I: Iron Fortress
Act I: Robotopolis

No more blue skies. No more green grass. No more freedom for anything. At one time, the entire world had been a vibrant, enjoyable place to live. Extraordinarily few people had ever thought of ‘poverty’, or anything of the sort-- Even the deserts were abundant with crop and rain. But everything turned to ruin when the evil man known only as Robotnik came. Now, there were nearly no organic inhabitants of the world; only horrible robots crafted in the likeness of their former counterparts.

The tall, thin scientist strode through his mechanical city, his boots clanking on the hard steel where grass had been years before. A pair of black boots, adorned with a silver disc on each side, leading up to a pair of thin, black-clad legs. Up farther, a bright red lab coat, adorned with golden-yellow cuffs and shoulders, with the symbol of the man’s face on it. Up past the collar, which stopped just short of his chin, a huge moustache flowed in the artificial wind of his world. A pair of pince-nez black glasses covered his steel-grey eyes, sharp and alert above the flamboyant orange moustache.

This man was the evil Doctor Ivo Robotnik, the scourge of Planet Freedom, which was no longer the beautiful, peaceful planet it had once been. Now, no green fields could be seen in anything but twenty-year-old photographs; the sun was blotted out by horrible, artificial black clouds, produced by Robotnik’s huge factories scattered across the globe; no water flowed freely, replaced by huge rivers of oozing oil and gasoline. Everything was now replaced by cold, hard steel and iron, covering all but the remotest regions of the planet. Even the Moon was not untouched; it had been obliterated, replaced by a massive floating spherical space station, bearing Robotnik’s visage.

Planet Freedom was no longer a near utopia, no longer a series of beautiful continents suspended above a post-apocalyptic Earth. Now, everything was replaced by steel, iron, and oil; no green grass, no white clouds; just hard black-and-red clouds, and steel-grey beyond what they eye could see. It was through his capital city, Robotropolis, that Robotnik now strode through, listening to his boots clank rhythmically with the deep thrumming of the huge factories that surrounded him. Robots of all different models strode, floated and rolled all around him, functioning exactly as a normal society would…if a normal society consisted of only robots. Aside from the choking silence; none of them spoke, and the only sound was their metal feet hitting the ground, and the quiet whirr of their joints.

The machines all around him gave their versions of a respectful bow-- from bending till their heads touched the ground to simply folding a thin arm over its chest plate, each one gave its respect to their creator. However, these machines weren’t always as they were now; they were once organic. They had been subjected to the horrible process dubbed ‘Roboticization’; the simple explanation being the replacement of organic bodies with mechanical ones, and destroying the minds of the roboticized to the point where nothing remained, perfect for reprogramming to serve the scientist.

Robotnik, despite all appearances, was not a normal man. He had amazing physical strength belying his thin limbs, and his I.Q. far outclassed even a supercomputer when it came to his mathematical, physical, scientific and grammatical intelligence; there was little he didn’t know. Had he been a pure, just man, the world may have been running on the very air we exhaled, and nothing bad would have ever happened. It was unfortunate for the planet that this idea was false in its entirety. There was not even one glimmer of kindness in Robotnik’s heart; it was as cold and hard as the ground he walked on. At the most, he would show he had some sort of honor in the form of being a gentleman, and allowing those who were victorious against his robots go about what they were doing before.

All around Robotnik were massive factories, all spewing black-and-red smoke into the air, keeping the world covered in darkness. With no sunlight, the people of the former Planet Freedom were reluctant to even think against Robotnik, let alone attempt to stop him. However, a feeble resistance had arisen in the form of a small band of what was once the bulk of Freedom’s inhabitants; anthropomorphic animals. For almost four months, they had attempted to resist him. Each had been roboticized, and turned against their former allies. Now, only three remained of the resistance.

“Doctor Robotnik,” rang a steely monotone from behind. Robotnik turned on his heel to face a tall, black robot. It was taller than Robotnik, about six feet tall, and was generally orb-shaped, with two thin arms ending in missile launchers, and two thin legs holding both feet and wheels. Just above the beginning of the legs was a piping of sorts, from which hung a searchlight and a piece of metal to protect the delicate motor that was partially exposed, the pipes ending behind its back in the form of what appeared to be motorcycle exhaust vents. Hovering just behind the robot’s back was an octagon of the same color he was, and he bore the markings ‘E-101’. His eyes shown with a grey light.

“Biological entity UL-039 Shadow the Hedgehog has been roboticized,” the robot reported, and Robotnik smiled slightly, his enormous moustache twitching with the slight motion.

“Excellent news, Beta,” Robotnik replied, raising his eyebrow slightly “And the last two…?” he asked calmly, mentally marking off the name as the robots nearby broke out into cheers, giving their own victory stances.

“Biological entities UL-003 ‘Silver the Hedgehog’ and UL-041 ‘Blaze the Cat’ bio signatures last detected en route to the Robotropolis roboticizer compound. Target is currently unknown,” the robot replied, never breaking its monotone. Robotnik growled; he knew precisely what those two meddlers were doing.

“I know exactly what they want! They’re after the Chaos Emerald! Order the robots away from the base!”

“Is that not leaving the base open to attack?” Beta inquired in his quiet monotone.

“I’ll handle those little pests myself!” Robotnik informed the black robot, and snapped his fingers. The discs on his boots slid outwards, revealing rockets. Seconds later, Robotnik was hurling through the air at his base, rage flaring in his grey eyes.

The party in question-- consisting of Blaze the Cat and Silver the Hedgehog-- were fleeing from a line of look-alikes of E-101, cast in a grey color, and sporting machine guns in addition to missile launchers. None had hands, and all had glaring red eyes. When they suddenly ceased their pursuit of Silver and Blaze, the pair halted and looked back.

“They stopped chasing us?” Silver-- a fourteen-year-old white Hedgehog with a crest of five thin quills above his golden eyes, with two quills extending off the back of his head above his single back quill, and he had a turf of whiter fur on his chest, as well as wearing a pair of white gloves, teal boots and golden rings around his writs-- asked his friend, the seventeen-year-old Blaze the Cat.

Blaze was taller than Silver, who was three-foot-one, measuring at three-foot-six. Her fur was a light purple color, which was darker than her purple eyes, and she wore most of her fur up in what looked like a crown of sorts, and she had a white muzzle, with four whiskers on each side of her nose. She wore a dark purple coat with frilly sleeves, a pair of white pants and pink heels.

“It looks that way…” Blaze replied, examining the new bullet hole in her coat; luckily, it has missed her arm entirely. “They might be getting a bigger force to chase us with.”

“Do they really NEED a bigger force? It’s not like we can do much,” Silver admitted, sounding defeated.

“Maybe we can. Before he was captured, Shadow told me of a way that we might be able to stop this from happening!” When Silver raised an eyebrow, Blaze sighed dejectedly, and explained, “The Chaos Emeralds powering Robotnik’s main fort can bend the boundaries of time and space. If we can trigger the effects of this, we can warp ourselves into the past twenty-one years and stop Robotnik from ever coming to power!”

“Oh, I get it!…I think,” Silver said, snapping his fingers. “We can go back in time, and warn everyone before they get turned into robots, then stop Robotnik!”

“How observant, Silver…We should get going before more robots come; we’re not far from the base. one of the entrances is just a little farther on; let’s hurry!” she urged, and the two pulled a right down an alleyway, Blaze leading. After a few turns through the eerily deserted streets-- a distance away, they could hear the deep thrum of a factory, and the light clank of metal feet-- they came upon the base.

Robotnik’s fort looked exactly like the other factories; huge, imposing, hundreds of smokestacks, and a three-dimensional version of Dr. Robotnik’s insignia; in essence, his moustache and face in the shape of a circle, glaring out at the world. Blaze led Silver up a long flight of metal steps, and into the compound. As soon as they entered, huge steel doors clanged shut behind them, with a loud CHUNK as the lock was triggered; they were locked in.

The compound inside was dark; no lights were on. Suddenly, a ways ahead of them, there was a loud whirr, and a pair of red eyes glared out of the darkness. Far in the compound, there was a loud ‘WHOOM’ as a row of lights was turned on, silhouetting the form before them. Another row was turned on, each one turning on faster than the next until the entire area they were in was lit by harsh ultraviolet light.

Standing before them was a machine cast in dark blue in the shape of a hedgehog. It had three quill-shaped parts on its head, and a steel-grey muzzle connected on each end to its face by two screws on each side, with a pointed nose. An LCD screen served as the eyes, frozen in an eternal glare, the two red eyes all that moved on the black screen. Two ears were molded out of grey steel above its eyes, and its torso was a jet engine, which carried through to its back. Its chrome shoulders and upper arms led down to thin blue arms, tipped with black hands with golden backs and silver-grey, blade-like fingers. Its thin chrome thighs led down to blue lower legs, each ending in the semblance of two red sneakers with a white stripe over them.

The mute robot was Metal Sonic, the evil robotic counterpart of the heroic Sonic the Hedgehog. It said nothing, but it was obvious by the stance the robot had that it wasn’t intent on moving.

“That’s Metal Sonic…we’re so dead…,” Silver said, stepping behind Blaze, who shook her head.

“We have to get a Chaos Emerald; we don’t have to fight him! We can run away and grab the emerald,” Blaze whispered, glaring right back at Metal Sonic.

__________________________________________________ ________________________
Can Silver and Blaze get away from Metal Sonic, or outwit him for long enough to get one of the Chaos Emeralds? Will they succeed only to be stopped by Dr. Robotnik? Find out in the next chapter!

Last edited by Dr Robotnik; 09-22-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:55 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: Silver the Hedgehog (Chapter 1, GO!)

*Clapping* Awesome! With any luck, if they make it to the past we'll be able to see Shadow before he was roboticized XD Little weird how their not mourning him-maybe once they escape XD

Good start; nice description. Just be careful where you use semicolons. Semicolons are used when you have two complete sentences and what to combine them...I would give an example, but I can't think of one XD
Old 08-23-2009, 10:46 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Glad you like it, Grassy ^^ At least SOMEONE commented like Omochao asked

And yeah, I use my semicolons for breaking up the commas. Otherwise, it gets confusing. And I can't beleive you didn't catch my giving the wrong name to the right robot XD

I think I'll update once a week, so I can get ahead of what I'm writing, even though I'm already ahead by, like, six chapters now xD I was busy this weekend.

There were actually a few errors I made that I corrected, so I'm swapping that one for the one I revised over the weekend. KEEP READING EVERYONE! New chapters will come every MONDAY, if I'm able to access the computer.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

And as promised; here is Chapter 2! which is a bit shorter than the last one, but OH WELL!

Iron Fortress Zone
Act II: Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic’s thin hands curled into fists, and the rotor of his jet engine started to turn. Faster and faster the rotor spun, building up strength as Silver and Blaze fled down a side corridor. Metal Sonic faced down the hallway, and with a roar that shook the fortress to its foundation, his jet engine began ignition, blasting the robot at an unbelievable speed after Silver and Blaze, his form blurring over in red as his speed increased, the roar of the jet engine so loud that even the sonic boom his speed created was drowned out.

Silver and Blaze dived to the side as Metal Sonic charged past, hurling down a dead-end corridor, and buying the pair a few seconds. The two likely expected Metal Sonic to crash into the wall; but of course, such tricks had been attempted before. They had never worked. As he neared the wall, Metal Sonic tilted upwards, planting his metal feet against the wall and kicking off, conserving as much momentum as possible as he spun around the turn, the engine’s roar decreasing in pitch and output to prevent hitting the wall, then roaring again as he blasted off.

Silver and Blaze dived into the central chamber of the compound milliseconds before Metal Sonic’s cast iron grip did, both tripping down a flight of stairs, barely avoiding the mechanization’s deadly grip. However, this didn’t save them for long; Now they were trapped. Metal Sonic stood between the pair and eight gems; seven sat inside a device, one in cyan, one blue, one silver, one red, one in purple, one in yellow and one in green. Higher up, a massive, green emerald was mounted. The Chaos Emeralds and their mediator, the Master Emerald. And Metal Sonic blocked them from Blaze and Silver.

“Step aside, you mechanical horror! We’re not leaving withought those Chaos Emeralds!” Blaze said shakily, glaring across the chamber at the robot. She practically jumped out of her skin when she actually got a booming voice in response.

“Then it seems my base will be the place of your death!” boomed the voice of Robotnik, stepping out from behind the machine holding the Chaos Emeralds. “Destroy them!” Metal Sonic gave no response, but his form blurred over as his jet engine again boomed, sending him hurling at Silver and Blaze. Milliseconds before it connected, Metal reappeared, his fist slamming into Blaze with all the force of a freight train, blowing her into a wall with enough force to knock her out. Metal Sonic’s feet screeched loudly as he braked, sparks flying.

Then, the robot’s head turned to Silver, its red eyes flashing. The robot charged at Silver. Unfortunately, there wasn’t enough room to build up to maximum speed, so the machine was forced to rely on its combat moves instead of its speed, sending a metal fist flying at Silver, who ducked under it.

Silver, unable to move at the speed Metal Sonic could, was lucky he was even able to avoid Metal Sonic’s simpler punches and kicks, and each and every punch he tried either hurt his own hand, or was avoided by Metal Sonic. Silver attempted a low-kick, sweeping his right foot in an attempt to trip the machine, which was less than successful. Metal Sonic disappeared, green electricity crackling over his form as he built up energy.

The spiked rotor on Metal Sonic’s chest opened, revealing a laser, which fired at Silver, whose only choice of action was to dive to the side and out of the way as a beam of bright red energy blasted past. The blast bounced off the smooth silver walls of the room, and smashed into the emerald’s containment chamber, almost catching Robotnik’s nose in the process. The emeralds flashed as they fell to the ground, scattering themselves from the energy they were emitting.

Silver tried to run from Metal Sonic, but soon found himself under the robot’s foot, the sharp edge of the modeled shoe cutting into his back painfully. He heard a string of mechanical beeps and warbles-- likely the robot daring Silver to try to get up… just as the cyan Chaos Emerald hit the ground no farther than ten inches from his face. Metal Sonic also saw it, and the robot’s hand gripped Silver’s arm with the force of a vice grip, threatening to shatter the bones of his forearm, but too late; Silver’s hand was already on the emerald.

“Please work, please work!” Silver begged, crying out in pain as he heard and felt the sickening SNAP of his bones breaking. The cyan Chaos Emerald started to glow, flashing in sync with the other Emeralds, as well as the Master Emerald, their power building more and more as Silver concentrated, pouring every ounce of his will into holding onto the Chaos Emerald and not start crying like a small child from the intense pain of his broken arm.

“Idiot! Release the emerald before it’s too late!” Robotnik commanded, and Metal Sonic attempted to wrench the emerald from the white Hedgehog’s hand, but found himself unable to touch it. There was a flash, and Metal Sonic was thrown off Silver’s back as the Emeralds now glowed steadily. They drew together, and from them a dome of pure white energy erupted, and the compound shook violently, the energy expanding and consuming the whole area, even the underground factory.

Everything went to chaos, and the last thing Silver saw was Metal Sonic hurling angrily at him. Somehow, it seemed like everything was moving extremely slowly. He was able to witness Metal Sonic’s wind up, and it seemed to take an eternity for his steel fist to connect, at which point Silver passed out…

After what seemed to be forever, his eyes drifted open for a few seconds. He was laying on is back now, and his arm felt stiff. He didn’t recognize the ceiling, but after a few moments, too exhausted to stay awake any longer, he drifted back into unconsciousness….
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________
What happened when Silver touched the Chaos Emerald? Will Blaze and Silver be okay after Metal Sonic hurt them? And where are they now? Be sure to tune in to find out!

Last edited by Dr Robotnik; 09-22-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:21 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: Silver the Hedgehog (Chapter 2, ready and waiting!)

*Joins Grassy's clapping* Good job, this is one of the first fics aside from Chibi's I can actually read. I had to force myself at the start, though.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 08-25-2009, 01:54 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Michelle8936

Very nice, you weren't kidding when you said you'd put alot of thought into it XD
The only spelling or grammar error I could pick out was at the beginning, 'capital' is the proper spelling for a major city, like Robotropolis.
'Capitol' means something else entirely...Although I can't remember what at the moment XD

You know it's bad when you're a morning person and you're not fully awake yet

Old 08-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

I thought I had the wrong version of 'capital', but I wasn't sure. Thanks for picking that out for me ^^
Old 08-26-2009, 02:39 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Silver got his butt kicked XD Although I'm glad Blaze got it worse >:3

I hope they're okay...

How often do the main characters die?

*Coughs*

....Oh, right.

Good chapter XD
Old 08-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

They both got pwnt. This is why I'm a fan of Metal ^^ And guess what? Since he's in the past, Metal gets to kill Sonic all over again >:D

Metal: *pumps his fist enthusiactically*

Dr. R: Trivia note; I was supposed to be the boss of this area. Oh well, I won anyways! TAKE THAT, SEGA!

Silver:._. And you mean to say it gets WORSE? Gah, just kill me off now! >.<

No can do, Silver :P And don't feel left out, Shadow; I have special plans for you >:D And I'm glad you liked it, Grassy ^^
Old 08-27-2009, 01:16 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

I thought Metal WAS Sonic?

Quote:
The mute robot was Metal Sonic, the heroic Sonic the Hedgehog, turned into a horrid robot.
Keh? 0o
Old 08-27-2009, 01:19 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

He 'TECHNICALLY' died, and that's what Robotnik put in his memory banks, but he IS a roboticized Sonic. You'll see how this works out later on, don't worry yourself with the obvious time paradox.

I also meant that as I/Eggman gets to kill him off again >:D

EDIT: And there's always the possibility that I could just change that to where Metal killed Sonic.

Last edited by Dr Robotnik; 08-27-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:48 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

I'm too impatient for my own good, so you guys get a chapter early this week for not snoPINGAS you always do!

Station Square
Act I: Gyroscopes and Gadgets
????, Three weeks ago…

Robotnik growled, prying himself from the debris of his now-ruined fortress. Four of the high-output lights now flickered on and off; all the others were shattered. Metal Sonic did similarly, climbing from the debris, though the robot had a large dent in its head that was shooting out green electricity.

“Computer, give a status report!” Robotnik ordered, dusting off his jacket. The worst that had happened to him was a tear in his jacket, which had also gashed his arm, presumably from some piece of sharp metal nearby. He ignored the blood flowing from his arm, and strode to the computer, looking down at it.

Connecting to satellite system…connection acquired. Searching…data obtained. Date; June 15, 2056. Chaos Emeralds undetected. reported the computer. Robotnik growled, and smashed the console with his fist in anger, hearing the crackle of electricity as Metal Sonic sparked silently nearby.

“So, they managed to send us back twenty years into the future. Hmph, not like that will help them at all. I’ll simply conquer the world a second time,” He said, frowning disapprovingly, as though this were only a minor setback. Suddenly, from behind, there was the loud whine of a drill, and the thick wall behind Robotnik was twisted with a loud shriek of metal, and torn away.

“Hah! Finally! Now let’s see what we’ve got inside!” said a muffled voice as the wall was torn away by a huge metal claw. From outside strode in a man who was shaped like a huge orb, his bald head poking out from behind a gargantuan moustache. His eyes were hidden by a pair of pince-nez glasses pushed up on the man’s red nose, and he wore a red sweater with a yellow scarf sewn into the fabric, trailing back into a cape of sorts, and he wore a pair of black pants ending in boots exactly like Robotnik’s.

“Well, well! I certainly didn’t expect this!” said the man, pulling his glasses down enough to show his dark grey eyes, raising a hairless eyebrow.

“If I can possibly bear the embarrassment, you must be me from another universe or timeline,” Robotnik grimaced, and the other man crossed his arms.

“And you must have been stupid enough to keep the Chaos Emeralds in the same machine, and caused them to overload,” when Robotnik raised an eyebrow, the man continued “Judging from the machine behind you, you decided it best to keep the Chaos Emeralds and the Master Emerald in the same containment field, forcing them to continually build up power unknown to you. When someone touched the emeralds, they released their power. Now I normally don’t offer this, but seeing as how you’re me, I suppose I can make an exception. How would you like to team up?”

“Are you actually suggesting I would team up with a tub of lard like you?”

“SILENCE! You yourself should know that alone here, you wouldn’t stand a chance!…And, if you join me, I’ll let you have the honors of tearing that blue pest Sonic to shreds!”

“Well, why didn’t you say so in the first place? I suppose a rule of two wouldn’t be half bad! But I want South Island. And what should I call you?”

“You may call me Doctor Eggman, the most brilliant scientific mind on the face of the Earth!” The man introduced himself, and the two evil doctors shook hands, both grinning evilly.

South Island, Two weeks ago…

A flash of blue across the green background of South Island. Dust flew from beneath his red shoes as Sonic the Hedgehog rushed to the scene of a large fire. 3’5” with five blue quils, a peach muzzle, stomach and arms, and a pair of green eyes, wearing a pair of white gloves and red shoes, Sonic skidded to a stop before the flaming forest, just beyond a beach with beautiful white sand and crystal clear waters.

“Man, what happened here?” Sonic asked no one in particular “This looks like Eggman’s work.”

“Oh how right you are, Sonic!” Floated Eggman’s voice from above. The scientist was in his hovercar, the Eggmobile. It was, in basics, a black semicircle with a band of grey steel, with red-and-yellow caution stripes around the middle of the grey, and above that was a windshield protecting the scientist.

“Eggman! What’d you do this time?” Sonic asked angrily, glaring up at Eggman, who was grinning down as though this was just a casual meeting.

“Isn’t it obvious? I lit the forest on fire, idiot! I’d suggest getting to work on putting out that fire before the entire island burns to the ground,” Eggman laughed, but Sonic just grinned.

“Yeah, right! Like that’d be a problem!” Sonic laughed, and whirled his feet, making the infinity symbol for a split second before he took off-- Only to be intercepted by a metal fist as Metal Sonic revealed itself.

“What? You again?“ Sonic asked, but got no reply from the robot. Metal Sonic lashed out at amazing speed, disappearing and reappearing in front of Sonic, delivering a powerful blow that knocked Sonic over backwards, though the hedgehog caught himself.

“So, if that’s how you want it, that’s how you’re going to get it!” Sonic growled, and took off, using all of his hyper-sonic speed to stay ahead of Metal Sonic, but it was in vain; Metal Sonic easily passed his organic counterpart, the jet engine roaring as the robot passed Sonic, turned around, and dealt a kick that launched Sonic straight into the air.

The hedgehog caught himself, and curled into a ball, his spines sticking out in his signature Spin Dash move. Sonic blasted at Metal Sonic, only to be kicked into the ground like a soccer ball, Metal Sonic pursuing, sending his metal fist into Sonic’s chest just as the hedgehog stood up.

Sonic kicked Metal Sonic away, and ran again, breaking the sound barrier as Metal Sonic pursued, with Eggman watching in the distance, grinning. Metal Sonic caught Sonic, and with a devastating kick, he sent the hedgehog into the ground, sending dust high into the air. There was the sound of a helicopter, and Eggman looked across the sea where a red news helicopter, TV camera pointed down at Metal Sonic and Sonic, arrived.

As the smoke cleared, the TV crew saw that Metal Sonic now had Sonic in a death grip, his hand around Sonic’s neck, calmly choking the life out of his tired opponent. Sonic attempted to pull Metal Sonic’s hand off his throat, but to no avail; slowly, the Hedgehog’s frantic attempts to get the robot to let go ceased. The TV crew recorded it all; the light fading from Sonic’s green eyes, the limpness of his body as Metal Sonic threw him to the ground, and the finishing of the job as Metal Sonic snapped Sonic’s neck with a powerful kick.

“Bahahaha! Finally! No longer will that meddlesome Hedgehog be a pain in my egg!” Eggman cheered as Metal Sonic leapt up and gripped the side of the Eggmobile as it blasted off. Eggman keyed in his console, and after a moment, the monitor on his control panel cleared of static, showing a pin-headed golden robot.

“Greetings, Doctor! Did you finally get rid of Sonic like you said?” The robot asked.

“Of course I did! Now then, Decoe, have you and Bocoe found those two pests my partner asked you to find?”

“We’re working on it, Doctor; we found a lead in the Station Square hospital we’re working on right now. According to the computer we‘re looking at, they showed up seven months ago-- which is weird because your parter showed up just last week. Well, we‘ll get right to work, Doctor!,” replied the robot, and the screen again faded to static.

“Excellent. Soon, nothing will stand in the way of my plans!” Eggman laughed, grinning.

Miles away, in Robotnik’s base, the scientist was meeting with his newly-built Badniks, Scratch and Grounder. Scratch was a tall, anthropomorphic chicken robot, and he looked it. He had a rooster’s crest, and even three thin tail feathers on his rear. Grounder, on the other hand, was a short robot, with a human torso, and a pair of treads just below his waist, as well as drills on his hands and for his nose.

“Scratch and Grounder, reportin’ for duty!” Grounder said, and Scratch kicked him.

“Dum-dum! I’m supposed at say that, not you!” Scratch scolded, both of the robots glaring at each other.

“Both of you shut up!” Robotnik ordered, and they both snapped to attention “You two are assigned to the duty of crushing the allies of Sonic the Hedgehog. Any of them that are still alive, I want you to bring me their heads!”

“You caring how we do it?” Scratch asked, grinning evilly

“No, I don’t. You are welcome to kill them in any way you please, so long as they either perish, or are Roboticized. Do you think you can manage that?”

“You betcha, Doctor! We’ll kick all their buts!” Scratch assured him, though Robotnik felt the two were more of a liability than a help.

“Just don’t screw things up and I won’t have to dismantle you,” Robotnik warned. Scratch and Grounder saluted, then walked off, barely exiting the room before beginning to argue not for the last time. Robotnik sighed, and rubbed his temples “Idiots…”

Present

When Silver opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was a tall man with dark hair that stuck up and a grey fedora atop his head, scribbling down something onto a notepad for a doctor. The man had a large nose and a long chin, and he was cleanly shaven. He also wore a grey detective’s outfit, and a pair of brown gloves. Between the gloves and the cuff of his overcoat, Silver could see the dull gleam of metal, though the man wasn’t hiding it. He also wore a black belt with a circular belt buckle, and he had on a pair of thin jeans and brown shoes.

“…So you say he just showed up?” the man asked the grey-haired doctor, who Silver could see out of the corner of his eye.

“Yes; he and his female friend were found just outside the city limits after a flash of light eight months ago. The boy here has been asleep for the entire time, and the girl woke up last week. When we found them, both had very serious injuries. I would think they’ll be fine after so much time in the hospital,” the doctor replied, and the man scribbled it down on his notepad.

“Thanks for your time, Doc, now I think I’ll do a bit of snooping around before I go; I want to make sure the place is safe before I leave,” said the man, sticking his notepad in his jacket pocket and adjusting his black necktie.

“Of course, Inspector, take as long as you need; if you need anything, the nurses are on standby for these two,” the doctor said, leaving. The man looked at Silver, and saw his eyes were open, and smiled kindly.

“Well, hello there!,” the man said, putting a hand to his chin thoughtfully, his jacket arm somehow defyinggravity and staying up. “I hear you’ve been down for a long time; what’s your name?” the man asked in a way that made Silver think the man was either insanely stupid, or just too nice for his own good.

“And if I don’t want to tell you…?” Silver asked, leaning up tentatively as he did so. The man shrugged, and stuck his hands in his pockets.

“Then I guess I won’t know your name. Let me introduce myself; the name’s Gadget. Inspector Gadget,” The man introduced himself, nodding his head. Silver almost jumped out of his skin when a gloved metal hand popped out of his fedora and raised it in a friendly greeting, and he felt himself go slack jawed.

“You have a hand…a hand in your hat…,” Silver gawked, and Gadget shrugged again.

“I get that a lot. I’m a detective for the government of Planet Freedom; purely freelance, so no need to worry about any of your information going on file unless you want it to,” the man said, the hand in his hat pulling back in. Silver looked around the room he was in; it was a nice hospital room, with a wonderful view of a beautiful city-- It was nothing like Robotropolis. The city outside the window was modern, and all the buildings stood proudly, gleaming in the mid-afternoon sunlight, with puffy white clouds drifting in the air. Lying on a bed next to him, asleep, was Blaze. She looked fine after being hit so hard by Metal Sonic. He tested out his arm; it was no longer broken, and it worked just as well as it had before.

“So…you’re a detective?”

“Technically, I’m an Inspector, but I guess the only thing different there is who I work for. I’m a little of both, you could say,” replied Gadget.

“So…how did you do that?”

“Do what?”

“The thing with the metal hand?”

“Oh, that! Well, I’m not completely human,” Gadget admitted, and pulled up his jacket sleeve, showing a thin metal arm “I was involved in a plane crash a few years back, and I was rebuilt. There’s a lot a man like me can do. The only thing I can’t do is build muscle tone. I even took up the name Gadget after that. It fits.”

“Uh…okay…My name’s, uh, Silver,” Silver told the man sheepishly, and Gadget’s hand extended across the room to give Silver a handshake, scaring Silver senseless.

“Nice to meet you, Silver. The doctors asked your friend what your name was, but she wouldn’t answer them. Actually, that’s not why I’m here; see, a few weeks ago, Sonic the Hedgehog was murdered on national television.”

“WHAT?!” Silver exclaimed, almost ripping out the IV in his left arm in surprise. Gadget nodded, and tossed Silver the newspaper from two weeks ago. The title read DEATH OF A HERO, with a picture of Sonic the Hedgehog on the cover. Silver read the article in shock, his mouth slowly opening wider and wider.

“It’s a shocker. Too bad you didn’t wake up yesterday; you missed a big memorial service for him. Oh well, I guess when you’ve gotta go, you gotta go,” Gadget said, and shrugged. Reading the article brought back memories of how Shadow had tried to lead a resistance force against Robotnik, and how he’d suddenly disappeared as soon as he and Blaze were informed of the Emeralds. He remembered how Shadow had said it was unlikely they would meet again. Blaze had looked sad, and now Silver knew why; Shadow had probably been roboticized. He fought back tears as Gadget pulled a black cell phone out of his pocket, and made a call.

“Fayte, sweetheart, would you mind coming up here with me? Something doesn’t settle right with me leaving you in the car for all this time…Okay, I’ll see you when you get up here…Thirty-fourth floor, room 208... Love you, too,” He said briefly, and hung up, sticking the phone back in his pocket.

“We were too late…,” Silver said to himself, holding back tears. Gadget saw this, and his right hand extended across the room and patted his back in a comforting, yet still creepy, way. “We were too late to save Sonic…now we’re dead all over again. I knew this was a bad idea; we should’ve just let Robotnik turn us into robots.”

“You should cheer up,” Gadget said, and Silver shot him a look that just pleaded for some kind of hope “I know that Sonic not being around is going to take a while to get used to, but things aren’t hopeless!” He reasoned.

“How do you think something so stupid?” Silver shot back angrily.

“Well, for one thing, Sonic wouldn’t have approved of people moping around because he died. He’d want people to keep fighting for what they believe in, not give up. This might do a number on the other heroes and law enforcement officers, I personally refuse to let it get me down; I’ve got people who look up to me. And if every hero just quit, Robotnik would make quick work of the planet, now wouldn‘t he?”

Silver blinked. He hadn’t thought of it that way. It was then that there was a huge explosion, blowing away the wall behind Gadget, and burying the detective in rubble as Decoe, the golden robot, and Bocoe, his stubby silver partner, blasted through the wall in a hover jet, two claws lashing out and grabbing Silver and Blaze from their hospital beds, tearing out the Iv’s from their arms and waking Blaze up. A third claw held a girl with shoulder-length bright green hair in a white shirt, a striped necktie, jeans and a pair of black shoes.

“Uncle Gadget!” the girl cried, trying to break free as the machine flew away, but Inspector Gadget heard the cry, and dug himself out of the rubble, dirtied but mostly alright, and put his now-crumpled fedora on his head again, looking very angry.

“Fayte! Don’t worry you three, Inspector Gadget’s on the case!” Gadget shouted determinedly, and the robots laughed.

“He’s even stupider than the normal humans, Bocoe!” Decoe laughed.

“He couldn’t catch a flying machine even if he had the fastest car in the world, Decoe!” Bocoe also mocked, the machine flying away as Gadget glared on.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________
Oh no! Sonic’s dead! And Silver, Blaze and Inspector Gadget’s niece Fayte have been kidnapped by Docoe and Bocoe, Eggman’s lackeys! Will the Inspector be able to rescue them single-handedly? And what are Eggman and Robotnik planning? Tune in next Monday to find out on Silver the Hedgehog!

-And for those who are wondering what a Fedora is, think Indiana Jones’ hat. Yep, that’s a fedora.

Last edited by Dr Robotnik; 09-22-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:18 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Default Re: Silver the Hedgehog (Go Go Chapter 3!)

*Jaw drops* You...Killed...Sonic?!?! Seriously and so easily?!?!? 0o Wow. I got chills. You'll have to change that small section saying he was turned into a robot.

Skye: *Passed out from shock*

Future: I...I...N-need to go lay down...*Stumbles off*

0o Oh my.

....Wow. I'm surprised, actually. T^T
Old 08-31-2009, 01:22 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Default Re: Silver the Hedgehog (Go Go Chapter 3!)

Ah yes, the time paradox. I'll fix that right up. And I'm glad it gave you chills >:D This shows just how much more powerful and evil Metal Sonic (and me) are.

Gadget: I'm going to need a better hat.

Silver: *passed out*

Metal: *making the motion of evil laughter*