Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Main Pokémon RP

Main Pokémon RP This is where the Main RP takes place, as well as special things like Group RPs. Trainers going through the Main RP can meet if they go to the same area.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:48 AM
AUfan Offline

Default Re: URPG National Park Main RP

Alden Umstar
Mt. Deckbi

"Oh..." said Alden rather unenthusiastically. "Another Slugma. I think I'll pass on fighting this one." The Slugma lay in front of the two boys, sleeping peacefully. A brilliant glow simmered around its body from the heat of the lava. The orange glow lit the rock around it, creating enough light in the cave for Alden to make out the shape of two paths ahead of him. One forked off to the right and the other to the left. It was then that he heard it... a giant BOOM!

"Woh," said Alden as he staggered back. In front of him, the Slugma opened up its eyes and peered at the trainer in an uninterested manner. It then turned its head back ahead of it and started to slither away. "Let it go," said Alden, an excited tone in his voice. "I want to see what that was!" Before the ranger could respond, Alden took down the right path, in pursuit of what was making the noise.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Dragoness Offline

Froslass' bright eyes flitted over to Sara, her cold face took on a sweet smile and she seemed to brighten. Slowly, she stared over at Gastly, who seemed to be looking ather warily. He knew who the real Jess was, but he didn't seem to like her grin.

As Jess started to move, her arms coming above her indigo head, Gastly struck. Opening his mouth wide, he released a blob of violet light, the core of it pitch black. It sailed through the air and at Froslass, but she saw the attack. Moving with a speed I had not though possible, she dodged the attack, pitching herself to the ground. The Shadow Ball flew over her head to hit the hard ground, causing a blanket of dust and dirt to fly into the air.

Jess stood again, her eyes hard as she looked at Gastly. But then she smiled, batting her eyes for a moment. Gastly stopped, intrigued, though wary. Slowly Froslass raised her arms above her head for the second time, gently wiggled her thick fingers and let out a deep breath. Slowly, she sashayed a few steps to the left, keeping her eyes locked on Gastly the whole time. The male Pokemon seemed to find it impossible to look away.

I shivered, the air seeming to grow colder, like a chill wind had appeared out of nowhere. Then I grinned. Froslass was performing Powder Snow. Any molecules of water near her were slowly freezing, becoming chiller than a chilly dog. Then suddenly Jess flung her hands forward and the almost invisible flecks of snow rushed at Gastly, gently slapping his face.

He seemed to wake up, but it was too late. The attack was done. Glancing around in a confused manner, he glared at Froslass, eyes suspicious. He was shaking now, the cold seemed to have done a real job on him. It was like he couldn't stop shivering, his violet body shaking and shaking.

----
Gastly 11% [Attracted]
Ability: Levitate
Attack used: Shadow Ball
vs.

Sub. Froslass 50% <Sleeping, 2nd turn>

Pokemon: Froslass {in combat} 34.9% [Evas. up--copies hanging around][Substitute used]
Nickname: Jess
Ability: Snow Cloak
Nature: Gentle
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Psychic ; TM Thunderbolt ; TM Water Pluse ; TM Taunt ; TM Safeguard ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Substitute ; TM Psych Up ; TM Hidden Power [Rock] ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Embargo ; TM Light Screen ; MT Trick

Encounters Remaining: 5

Area Effects: Getting a tad dim;

Trainer: Saundra Blake, aka Tyranitar_Trainer

Official Location: Meteor Valley

Change: 70,400

Total Items: Hyper Ball x9; Family Repellant x10 ; PokeDoll x5

Pokemon Stats:

Pokemon: Scizor 49% {Not in combat}
Nickname: Ripper
Ability: Technician
Nature: Serious
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Substitute ; TM Rest ; TM Roost ; TM Return ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Toxic ; TM Brick Break ; TM Swagger ; TM Sandstorm ; TM Aerial Ace ; TM Protect ; TM U-Turn ; BM Light Screen ; BM Baton Pass

Pokemon: Gengar {Not in combat} 100%
Nickname: Shade
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Impish
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Sludge Bomb ; TM Substitute ; TM Attract ; TM Will-o-Wisp ; TM Psychic ; TM Psych Up ; TM Rest ; TM Snore ; TM Energy Ball ; TM Hidden Power [Flying] ; TM Focus Punch ; TM Protect ; TM Taunt ; TM Embargo ; TM Counter ; TM Focus Blast ; TM Thunderbolt ; BM Haze

Pokemon: Dragonite {Not in combat} 100%
Nickname: Seagem
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Sassy
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM Surf ; HM Waterfall ; TM Substitute ; TM Earthquake ; TM Rock Slide ; TM Roar ; TM Ice Punch

Pokemon: Froslass {in combat} 100%
Nickname: Jess
Ability: Snow Cloak
Nature: Gentle
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Psychic ; TM Thunderbolt ; TM Water Pluse ; TM Taunt ; TM Safeguard ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Substitute ; TM Psych Up ; TM Hidden Power [Rock] ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Embargo ; TM Light Screen ; MT Trick
~~~

Total Captured 'Mons: [Male] Mightyena, [Male] Mr. Mime,

Pokemon we've run into: Mightyena x2, Mr. Mime, Deoxys, Chimecho, Baltoy, Poochyena x2, Wynaut x2, Gastly

Ongoing battles: Froslass vs. Gastly
Old 11-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

OOC: I dedicated this post TOOOOOOO SCIENCE! *fanfare*

Khajmer
The Great Lakes

I hated to admit it, I really did, but the fact was that this Lotad was smarter than me. She had outmanuvered every complex strategey I had come up with and then some. She clearly had me beat tactically. Then a thought occured to me. She was a smart tactician, but how much did she know of chemical reactions.

Chouno, listen carefully. This is going to hurt, and you aren't going to like it because it is a very complex combination, but I need you to follow my instructions to a T and I promise you it wil be worth it. Chouno nodded, slightly apprehensive. I rarely gave out warnings like that. All right, start with a Fire Punch on the sand beneath you. The flames will have to be extremely hot to have any affect on the wet sand and they'll be cooled by the rain already, so you'll need to put it into overdrive, which could potentially hurt your own hand.

Chouno held out a spoon-containing fist, and focused energy into it. Almost instantly the energy turned into fire, at first a very managable amount but then it grew, in defiance of the cold winds sweeping around him and the rain still showering down, larger and hotter to the point where it was no longer possible for Chouno to maintain complete control. As quickly as he could, the flaming fist flew into the ground, sending some sand scattering but the remainder merely melted. Literally. It melted together, creating a light orange goo that was vaguely similar to lava. And, like lava, it cooled to the point of hardening on contact with water, specifically rainwater. What was left behind was a large chunk of solid glass, not as refined as the kind we use in modern society but glass all the same.

All right, now use Kinesis, but instead of bending your spoon as a distraction method, bend the glass chunk.

The Alakazam's hand rose, and the glass followed, lifting to meet his chest level. His eyes flashed slightly, and the hunk of pure melted sand began to quiver, a large crack forming down the middle which was followed by several long spider-web cracks as it ran. In a matter of seconds, the glass was split down the middle, and the two halves split apart before further splitting along the fault lines that had been formed. I made a mental note of this as a possible "end the world" method and sent my next command.

All right, final one Chouno. Send the glass into the Mist cloud and hover them there, whether you hit Lotad with them or not, and make sure one is directly between you and the center of the cloud. Then fire a Charge Beam at that center piece. The glass should, based on its properties of capturing and refracting light, both increase its power and cause it to spreadshot, plus if it's caught by the others that will outright turn that cloud into an utter hellstorm of electricity.

the four or five pieces of flying glass flew forward, directly into the cloud of mist. I couldn't tell if Lotad was hit or not, but it didn't matter. What mattered was that between him and Lotad somewhere was a hunk of energy-enhancing non-crystalline rock, and that meant that the focused blast of electricity that flew from Chouno's spoon was about to turn into a shotgun blast.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Saundra Blake
Meteor Valley

I smiled a little, glad my ploy had worked. Jess no longer seemed confused, or at least not nearly as badly as she had been. I gave a low whistle, saying, “That was perfect, girl, just perfect! I knew you could pull through, you never let me down!” Jess gave me a happy smile and I waved her over, eyeing the now-lagging Gastly. Jess floated over, looking highly pleased, and she had every right to. I knelt down and used her body as a shield to dig a Hyper Ball from my pack.

“Now, I’m going to give catching that little guy a go, but I don’t want him to see it coming and possibly dodge the Ball. With my luck it’d probably get lost somewhere.” Jess chuckled and nodded a little as I continued. “So here’s what I’m gonna do. I’ll give you this,” and here I held the Ball out to her, and she took it with another nod, “and then I want you to pass one of your clones and give it to it. Gastly won’t pay any mind to your clones since it it’ll be able to keep track of the real you, and the clone can aimlessly float behind him and throw it at his back. Of course, you’ll have to put a bit more energy into the clone to make it solid enough to hold the Ball, but that’s not gonna be a problem for ya.” Jess gave another smile, holding the Ball in both hands in such a way that it was invisible. “After you pass the Ball off, keep Gastly’s attention on yourself. Don’t attack him any more, just float around and make sure he doesn’t look too closely at your clone. If you have to you can use a Protect to stop any attack he uses. In fact…”

Here I had an idea. If Jess kept Gastly’s attention passively, there was always the risk that the Ghost might get suspicious of a clone moving behind him, no matter how aimless and random its wanderings might appear. However, if Jess kept Gastly’s attention fixated on herself actively, the Ghost would be hard-pressed to pay much attention to a random clone. Also, I wanted to try and make Gastly as easy to capture as possible.

“Okay, here’s the deal,” I said. “It’ll be safer to try and keep Gastly actively distracted, so after you pass off the Hyper Ball, use Thunder Wave on Gastly. Follow that with a Protect shield, if need be, to guard yourself against any counterattack he uses. On top of that, stay behind your Substitute to further protect yourself. Now, to recap; I gave you the Ball, you pass a clone and make it solid enough to hold the Ball before passing it on. Direct it to move behind Gastly while you use a Thunder Wave and then Protect. Move behind your Sub after Thunder Wave and use Protect from behind it if Gastly attacks.”

Jess gave a firm nod to show she understood her orders. I stood and moved back several paces as she turned, slowly floating to the nearest clone. She hovered in front of it for several seconds, letting the copy siphon off a bit more energy to become more solid before revealing the Ball clasped in her hands. The clone reached out mechanically and took the Hyper Ball, holding it the same way Jess had and hiding it from view. The clone then started to wander off, making its inconspicuous way around Gastly and towards his back. At the same time, Jess faced Gastly and rubbed her arms against her obi once more, generating a field of weak electrical energy. The current flowed up her arms, which she held out after about twenty seconds of rubbing; the electricity gathered into a sphere between her hands. She did a midair sashay, swaying side to side as the last tendrils of electricity jumped from her arms to the orb between her hands. Once it was ready, Jess shoved the sphere away from herself, causing it to ripple and spread itself into a pulsing wave about two feet long.

As soon as she could after using the attack, Jess hustled to her Substitute and placed herself behind it. The crystals on her head glowed with faint white light as she readied the blast of energy that would form a protective shield around her, should Gastly manage to attack. The Substitute would take most, if not all, of the damage, and Jess’ Protect would deflect any that made it though the Sub.

And all the while, Jess’ clone continued to float around, getting behind Gastly a few seconds after Jess used her Thunder Wave. I watched as the clone raised its arms and heaved the Hyper Ball, which lazily spun through the air towards the top of Gastly's head. At this rate, the Thunder Wave would hit before the Hyper Ball. If Gastly didn’t dodge one of them, anyways. Or even worse, if it dodged both.

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 11-11-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Ranger Arunei
Great Lakes

Things were beginning to draw to a close, I could sense it. The battlefield was fogging from Lotad’s Mist, wisps of cloudy gas curling away from the main mass and making the reflections from the surrounding water seem muted and distant.

I watched Chouno now, as I could see him now that the rain was letting up, and because I could no longer see Lotad. The Psychic called up flames around his fist, which he then slammed into the sandy ground. I scowled, wondering what Khajmer was making him do…until I saw the wet sand dry, blacken, and then melt. It started to cool and harden immediately though, thanks to the cold rain, and Chouno raised it into the air before splitting it into several pieces. These were then thrown forward, most of them vanishing into the Mist, one of the settling right between Chouno and the spreading fog.

Chouno looked a bit uncomfortable, and from the way he held the hand he’d used for his Fire Punch, I knew why. That didn’t stop him from using the last attack in a clearly complicated combo, though. Raising his spoons, the Alakzam prepared and fired another Charge Beam. This one flew forward and hit the shard of black glass between the Pokemon and Lotad’s Mist. Upon collision, the Charge Beam abruptly split into several smaller beams. These shot off, most of the going wide, but some piercing through the Mist. Seconds later, I saw flashes of light through the Mist, and leaping fingers of electricty arched into open air. From inside the Mist I heard a cry.

Now I understood Khajmer’s ploy. The melted sand was only being used to magnify and spread the Charge Beam, turning what had been meant as a sort of shield into a hellstorm of electricial power. From inside, Lotad was apparently taking a large dose of the empowered current, as she was setting up quite a racket.

And then she came shooting out of the Mist, trailing wispy fingers along behind her. By now the rain had pretty much become a light drizzle, which, I doubted, was enough to let the little Pokemon replenish her health. Indeed, she looked quite haggard now, not at all as cheerful as she was at first. The edge of her head-leaf was drooping, and her mouth was half open as she panted. Her eyes found Chouno and narrowed, but it was more of a tired expression than one of irritation. And right on the heels of that was a straight-forward attack, without any frills or subtleness. The fatigued Pokemon opened her mouth wide and inhaled, then expelled a thin stream of clear water. More important were the huge, shiny bubbles accompanying the water; a BubbleBeam attack. The bubble-carrying water shot towards Chouno, some of the bubbles popping before even hitting anything. Lotad must be tired, indeed, if she created bubbles with such weak surface tension.

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS:
-Quiet Male Alakazam: 70.57% [Special Attack increased x2]
-? Female Lotad: 6.42% [PSN] {Rain Dish Ability}

=====

Trainer Stats:

Name: Khajmer

Area Effects:
Encounter Remaining- 10
Leech Seed seeds scattered around again
Battlefield is somewhat foggy from Lotad’s Mist

Pokemon Stats:
-Quiet Male Alakazam (TM Shadow Ball, TM Substitute, TM Charge Beam, TM Focus Punch, TM Thunder Punch, TM Fire Punch, TM Ice Punch, TM Toxic, TM Skill Swap, TM Counter, TM Grass Knot) <Synchronize Ability> [Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle]
70.57%

-Impish Male Shiftry (TM Aerial Ace, TM Sunny Day, TM SolarBeam) <Chlorophyll Ability>
100%

Total Items: 3 Park Balls, 2 Super Balls, 1 Hyper Ball, Type Repellent

Total Pokemon Encountered:
Dratini {Encounter 1}
Gorebyss {Encounter 2}
Bibarel {Encounter 3}
Buizel {Encounter 4}
Lotad {Encounter 5}

Total Pokemon Captured:
Rash Female Dratini

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 11-18-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Khajmer
The Great Lakes

I nodded at Lotad, who came stumbling out of the mist. She was tired, and weakened, and beaten down heavily. She was finished, although I had to give respect for not giving in just yet. Chouno glanced at me and I nodded. Her final attack was a weak Water Gun laced with a Bubblebeam. He held up his arms and formed a Light Screen of his own accord, and I picked a Super Ball out of my pocket. My last Hyper Ball was overkill. With a simple swipe of the hand I tossed it, and stuck the hand back in my pocket to watch what would be the final aftermath.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Ranger Arunei
Great Lakes

Chouno didn’t seem the slightest bit perturbed by the weak BubbleBeam, creating a Light Screen with almost aimlessly. The shield hazed into existence, and the BubbleBeam struck it a few seconds later. The stream of water that made it through was little more than a chilly trickle; all the bubbles were so weak they popped on contact with the barrier.

At the same time, Khajmer let fly a Super Ball. It spun through the air, coming down to hit Lotad right in the middle of her head-leaf. The little Pokemon gave a tired, startled squeak as the Ball cracked open and sucked her inside. It then snapped shut and hit the sandy ground, wiggling back and forth. The effort was weak, though, and in the end, the Ball fell still.

“Well, that was a good battle,” I said after a second, going to gather the Ball. I then joined Khajmer and held it out to him with a faint smile. “That’s one smart li’l girl. Somehow I get the feeling she’ll fit in perfectly with the rest of your team.”

=====

BATTLE STATISTICS [AT THE END OF BATTLE]:
-Quiet Male Alakazam: 68.57% [Special Attack increased x2]
-? Female Lotad: 6.42% [PSN] {Rain Dish Ability}

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounter Remaining- 10

Pokemon Stats:
-Quiet Male Alakazam (TM Shadow Ball, TM Substitute, TM Charge Beam, TM Focus Punch, TM Thunder Punch, TM Fire Punch, TM Ice Punch, TM Toxic, TM Skill Swap, TM Counter, TM Grass Knot) <Synchronize Ability> [Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle]
70.57%

-Impish Male Shiftry (TM Aerial Ace, TM Sunny Day, TM SolarBeam) <Chlorophyll Ability>
100%

Total Items: 3 Park Balls, 1 Super Balls, 1 Hyper Ball, Type Repellent

Dratini {Encounter 1}
Gorebyss {Encounter 2}
Bibarel {Encounter 3}
Buizel {Encounter 4}
Lotad {Encounter 5}

Total Pokemon Captured:
Rash Female Dratini
Jolly Female Lotad

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 11-18-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Khajmer
The Great Lakes

I accepted the Lotad with a smirk. She was right, this Lotad would fit in well. Such intellectual capacity in such a tiny little creature. I could only imagine what would happen when she was a Ludicolo.

I was about to suggest that we move on when my Pokegear buzzed in my pocket. I answered quickly.

"Yes?" My tone carried a hint of venom that only one of my underlings could perceive. I had specifically instructed them not to disturb me while I was in the Park.

"Uh, boss. We had a bit of trouble with the Mewtwo experiment." A small explosion was heard in the background, as well as a few screams. "I know you're busy capturing Pokemon for your army and all, but..." I sighed.

"Right, of course. I'll come back immediately. Send Gran my love." I flipped the Pokegear closed and slipped it back into place.

"Well, fun as this was I'm afraid I must return home. Illness in the family. If you don't mind taking me back to the front desk so I can get checked out or whatever is needed and Teleport home." I smiled, putting a hint of sadness in my face to emphasize that "Gran" probably wasn't going to make it.

OOC: I think it goes without saying that I'm claiming my Dratini and Lotad.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

OOC: XD

=====

IC: Ranger Arunei
Great Lakes

I nodded to show my understanding.

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that your family is having trouble and that you won't get to enjoy your full Park experience. I hope everything ends well and that you'll be able to return in the future."

And with those words, it was time for the adventure to end.

=====

Trainer Stats:

Area Effects:
Encounter Remaining- 10

Pokemon Stats:
-Quiet Male Alakazam (TM Shadow Ball, TM Substitute, TM Charge Beam, TM Focus Punch, TM Thunder Punch, TM Fire Punch, TM Ice Punch, TM Toxic, TM Skill Swap, TM Counter, TM Grass Knot) <Synchronize Ability> [Currently out of Ball]
70.57%

100%

Total Items: 3 Park Balls, 1 Super Balls, 1 Hyper Ball, Type Repellent

Dratini {Encounter 1}
Gorebyss {Encounter 2}
Bibarel {Encounter 3}
Buizel {Encounter 4}
Lotad {Encounter 5}

Total Pokemon Captured:
Rash Female Dratini
Jolly Female Lotad

~ADVENTURE COMPLETE~

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 12-01-2009, 06:55 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

OoC: yeah, sue me, I'm really late >.< not to ocunt I should start the christmas stuff too... well, I will when we get out of the cave, maybe...

Ranger Hyacinth
Mt. Deckbi

Alden ran through the forked road without waiting, very, very carelessly. He should've known better than to run in a cave, what with the chance of fallind down and getting hurt on rocks and...

And he fell, predictably, scraping his elbows right as the Ranger caught up. "Are you all right?" he asked concerned.

The booming roars coming from deeper the cave were getting near, very much so. It seemed like it was right at the next turn of the cave. And it was.

Charging from behind the corner, a giant rock thing hit straight into the wall, probably forgetting to steer or something. It shrug off the impact as if it was no big deal, even though the sound it made told otherwise. The quadruped rock Pokemon was turning away, back from where it came, as it noticed the two humans. Accidentally, Hyacinth held its look, and the rhyno Pokemon promptly forgot what was doing earlier, apparently now prone on the new "offense" the clueless ranger had done. It grasped the ground, ready to charge...

Encounter #7
Rhyhorn (??/??/??) 100% ]preparing to charge[

Trainer Stats:
Name: Alden Umstar
Items: Park Ball x4, Super Ball x4, Full Heal x2, Max Potion x3

Pokemon:
~ Female Calm Umbreon (Synchronize) 88.11%
Extra Moves: Toxic TM

Male Adamant Flareon (Flash Fire) 78.87%

Pokemon Captured:
Timid Geodude
Cautious Slugma

Previous Encounters:
#1 - Timid Male Geodude (Rock Head) - Captured.
#2 - Geodude - Trainer Fled.
#3 - Cubone - Trainer Fled.
#4 - Diglett - Trainer Fled.
#5 - Cautious Female Slugma (Flame Body) - Captured.
#6 - Slugma - Trainer Fled.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:13 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Ranger Sokka
The Botanic Gardens

All is dark in the Registration Office. The Trainer opens the door quietly, noting that nobody seems to be home despite the fact that you have an appointment. It occurs to you that you should probably leave and come back in the morning, but despite this you reach over and turn on a light on the wall. The room, now lit before you, has a rustic log cabin interior, with a desk, a small waiting area filled with chairs and books, and a teenager in a gravity-defying cloak hanging upside down from the ceiling, sleeping soundly.
That last one doesn't sound quite right. The teenager cracks an eye open tiredly, and then puts on a smile.

"Velcome."

---------

Encounters Left: 15

Encounters-

Trainer Stats

Name: Danni Fetter
Items: 3 Hyper Balls

Pokemon

Pokemon: Lickilicky
Nickname: None
Ability: Own Tempo
Nature: Bashful
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Sleep Talk, Shadow Ball, Iron Tail, Rock Slide

Pokemon: Linoone
Ability: Pick Up
Nature: Quiet
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: None
Old 12-13-2009, 02:20 PM
aoboco Offline
Elite Trainer

Danni pushed open the door slowly, slightly nervous. What was the park like? She had only read stories about it. This place was too dark, and despite walking through the night to get here, her eyes were not enough adjusted for this kind of black. Fumbling around on the wall with my hand, she eventually found a light switch.

BRRT.

The lights weakly came on, looking like they were fighting to get out of the dark, but something was holding them back. They provided the light she had wanted, though, and the room was visible now. It looked kind of old to her, and reminded her of a log cabin. A desk with a waiting area caught her eye. Could that be where she was supposed to go?

A few steps in that direction and she realized something else. There was a bat hanging from the ceiling! Biting my tongue, I froze. She had dealt with bats before on one occasion. Or at least, watched people deal with bats. They had screamed and ran away, and the bats had followed them, shrieking. It would probably be a lot better for her if she left it sleeping.

Slowly and as silently as possible she back-stepped, tennis shoes luckily not squeaking as they so often did. One step, two steps, all the while watching the bat. She would get out, she would get out. A third step, how many were there until the door? A fourth step had been achieved by the time she heard a tired "Welcome." coming from the direction of the bat. What? That wasn't right.

Squinting, she peered closer at the 'bat.' It wasn't an animal at all, just a really queer teenager who slept upside down. On second thought, maybe she shouldn't rule out the possibility of bat altogether. Turning her eyes away from him, for she realized she had been staring, she quietly said, "Hello," then, louder and inquiringly, "I came to be escorted through the Botanic Gardens. Am I in the right place?"
Old 12-16-2009, 04:22 AM
AUfan Offline

Alden Umstar
Mt. Deckbi

The Rhyhorn lowered his body, preparing to charge. "Excellent," thought Alden to himself. He had always wanted a Rhyhorn. This excitement caused Alden to lose the little fear and common sense he normally had. The trainer stood defiantly in front of the Rhyhorn, who after a second of growing, charged. "Alright Umbreon," said Alden. "Your up!" He grabbed Umbreon's poke ball from his belt and threw it. A red light came out of the ball, and the Black pokemon appeared in front of her trainer, the stripes on her body glowing with a bright blue aura. Meanwhile, the Rhyhorn had started to charge the trainer.

"Alright Umbreon," yelled Alden enthusiastically. "Use a Faint Attack." The Black pokemon ran forward a bit before fading out of sight. Rhyhorn, confused by this, stopped and stared around frantically, trying to find Umbreon. Alden's pokemon then reappeared behind the Rhyhorn, the azure rings glowing brightly. As she reappeared into sight behind the Rhyhorn, she quicly swung her tail around preparing to slam the Rhyhorn from behind.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Ranger Sokka
The Botanic Gardens

The Trainer who had come in was staring at Sokka, although the Ranger could not for the life of him figure out why. He also wasn't certain why she was upside down. Then he looked at the floor. Or rather, the ceiling.

"Oh, sorry!" He reached up and detached a hook from his boot. He fell with a crash to the floor, but pushed himself up easily, brushing his arms off. "I vas just running a little experiment. I von't bore you with the details." He disconnected two rings from the top of his boots and shed his cloak, which seemed to have been attached to the rings, and then spat out some kind of mouthguard. "Anyway, Botanic Gardens... that'd make you Danni Fetter. All right then, follow me."

---------

A flash placed them at a small pond, amongst a cluster of flowers. Shemo the Natu, who had done the teleporting, yawned and teleported away to await being called back.

"All right," Sokka said. "There are four cardinal directions, pick one and we'll..." A roar cut Sokka off and he turned. A Kangaskhan stood in a battle position, hunched over angrily with a tired look in its eye. "... this will not end peacefully."

---------

Encounters Left: 14

Encounters- ??? ??? Kangaskhan

Trainer Stats

Name: Danni Fetter
Items: 3 Hyper Balls

Pokemon

Pokemon: Lickilicky
Ability: Own Tempo
Nature: Bashful
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Sleep Talk, Shadow Ball, Iron Tail, Rock Slide

Pokemon: Linoone
Ability: Pick Up
Nature: Quiet
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: None
Old 12-21-2009, 01:50 AM
aoboco Offline
Elite Trainer

Danni Fetter
Botanic Gardens

Danni watched as the guy hanging from the ceiling fiddled with his boots while apologizing. Whatever was keeping him up there either was detached or was starting for fail him, for he was suddenly on the floor with a loud accompanying crash. Ouch. That must have hurt, she thought, wincing in sympathy. His speech, though, threw her off. V's? Cape, hanging upside down, odd speech... Was he a vampire? Or was he just pretending to be one? She couldn't figure it out. If this was the guy who was going to be taking her through the park, she was almost sorry she hadn't come in daylight.

She was a little relieved when he spit out a mouth guard and ditched the cape. So he wasn't really a vampire, just... just... Well, she wasn't sure what he was doing, but it was kind of odd. An experiment, he had claimed. Alright, she would buy that, if only to satisfy her curiosity for a while. "...that'd make you Danni Fetter. All right then, follow me." That was her, so this must be the ranger she was looking for.

---

She had only had time to blink, right? Then how were they already here? Furtively glancing over the surroundings, her gaze jumped right from the ranger to a Natu. Probably the ranger's, she figured, as it yawned and disappeared. They had teleported. Well, that made sense. With that cleared up, she could allow herself to survey the area. It was her first time in the Botanic Gardens, her first time in the park altogether.

A hand went instinctively to a pokeball on her belt as the beauty of the place hit her. She knew that her Linoone would just love running through the flowers and knee-high grass, should she let him, and that he wouldn't go too far. Her fingers moved over the smooth surface slowly as she thought about it. As for her vision, she wasn't really paying attention to what she was looking at beyond the beauty and the grass. When a roar sounded really close by, she just about jumped out of her skin. No choice, then, Linoone was coming out of the ball.

"Go Linoone," she said, her voice shooting up an octave in surprise. Shoot. Red light struck the ground, mutating into the shape into a... Well, her best description was a snake with legs that wasn't quite a lizard, and was furry. Small ears sprouted out of the head, and the light faded into a Pokemon.

Linoone gently pushed his claws into the dirt as his eyes studied the flowers before him. A wall of grass rose above his head not too far away, but something else dwarfed even that. A huge Pokemon towered above him, and he had to sit back on his hind legs to crane his head up to look at it. A Kangaskhan stood before him, looking furious. "Lin!" it squeaked, toppling backwards in surprise and horror. Twisting around on the ground, he got himself back on his four feet, and took a step back, starting to quiver. He got himself under control within a few seconds, but it wasn't as easy as usual.

Danni could see right away that Linoone was studying the Kangaskhan intently, looking for the most vulnerable spot to attack. She smiled slightly. She sure didn't know enough about Kangaskhan to tell her Pokemon where to attack, but if she at least gave him an attack, she thought he could figure stuff out for himself. "Linoone, get in for a quick Slash, where it would hurt the most, but don't linger. Get out of range as quickly as you can."