Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Gaygar rocks Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: General Spriter's Showcase

hey i have made an waterworld i only need to do the shades and textures of the backgrounds

and please C&CC on this and my previous sprites on my last post (Speed-x Especially)
Old 08-03-2010, 01:18 PM
pokemole Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
Well, I can't exactly see anything wrong. It looks odd, but as I see it, all Whoopers are slightly odd.
Thanks for the feedback. :) I think I failed on the things at the top. I was trying to copy the shading of them on wooper, but it looks pretty bad like this. That's what I get for trying to get back into spriting at 4 in the morning! :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemole View Post
I have not done anything in a long long time, but I made one a few minutes ago. Random sprite selection. I always scratch on the new stuff which is kinda hard after so long away. Literally months. :/

Anyway. Here it is.

I know it is kind of boring. :p C+CC please though. Depending on the feedback I get I might start spriting again! :D
Page'd. :(

Not really much to comment on in the water scene. You have just copy and pasted loads of pokemon onto an incomplete background. :/ I don't think it really counts as spriting if you haven't done any spriting on it! :p
Old 08-03-2010, 03:28 PM
nickkk Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to nickkk Send a message via MSN to nickkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaygar rocks View Post
hey i have made an waterworld i only need to do the shades and textures of the backgrounds

and please C&CC on this and my previous sprites on my last post (Speed-x Especially)
I have to agree with Pokemole. It's really just a copy and paste onto a background...
Not much I can say about that.

-Nickole

Master Spritess
Old 08-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Gaygar rocks Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickkk View Post
I have to agree with Pokemole. It's really just a copy and paste onto a background...
Not much I can say about that.

-Nickole
yeah i know that is why i said that i have to do the textures and the shadows on the background and reshade some of the turned pokemon but i want to know if you people like it or not otherwise i dont go further with it so maybe i just have to post things that are done maybe that is for the best but any comment on my other sprites on page ago
Old 08-03-2010, 05:00 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Hi, PE2K Members! I'm back with another sprite...Sheet!

*Reads script*

And it will include;

Fusions
Recolors
Holo's
Real holo's
Pillow shades
Infernos (Sheet I used either credit to Niko or Speed, this one is Speed's.)
Retypes
(Weird, psychic looking) Edits
And more that I don't wish to list! So here it is, And a few notes underneath in fine print (I'm just trying to be myself here, so if you think this is unneeded, good for you.)

Now, for the fine print.

As you see, the fusion sucks. I will edit that part to be one of my highly-advanced sprites done for Gaygar Rocks. I might edit all yellow/golds.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:55 PM
FiragaShark Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaygar rocks View Post

as for the red "Outlines" tose are wires for connect all the parts maybe i will tone them down or maybe different colours like red yellow green blue if they are different strenght power or something like a computer there is it too different colours wires (sorry english sucks ass)

i will make the schythe shorter thanks all for noticing

hey thats a awesome idea maybe i will do it with my devil or otherwise i think ill go for charizard but it is a suppeerrrrrrrr idea

EDIT : hey i have made the spawning from hell idea if you like it say yeah if you dont like it i will better it
i have chosen charizard for the first attempt here is it with normal colours except the eye

and here it is with dark recolour i tought to make it more hellish

if anyone has ideas to make this concept created by FiragaShark and me better please tell me so we can perfectionalize it (to make it perfect) so it can be known as a new thingy in the sprite world
i want to say the flames are pixelized i can make them not pixely but that takes forever so maybe other ideas maybe also for the pokemon that stands in te flames maybe some ideas like fire on it or something i already gave red eyes to the theme please ideas are very welcome

oh yeah for speed-x i have made things that are maybe youre suggestion i will put them all once again and you can say if this is wat you meant
çyborg ursaring i have scratched the eye pad and the middle part the cannon and the arm thing i have reshade i also have scratched the red wires

Azurill retype (this is also you said i shall do, retypes) i have reshade the tail leaf

Killer Kabutops i have scratched the blood

Machop boy scratched the clothes and shaded them

and you had an own forum right speed i have signed up there is it still on or not (pixel acadamy right?)

Although what you did with the Charizard is an interesting idea, it wasn't exactly what I had in mind. What you did was still kinda copy/pasty. You know how for infernos, you pillowshade it in order to make it look like its body was made of fire? I meant actually make the sprite have a body of fire. It may require a bit work with scratching, but think of it as an extreme re-type.
Here's an example to help you see what I'm trying to say.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-Qr_375ffQ

I'll try and make one too to try and see where we're going with this.

~My Claims~

Old 08-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X

Sorry I forgot to reply to your post, Gaygar.
Anyways, I can see that you've decided to customly edit things more often, which is great, and you should really keep it up. ^^

The pool of blood looks a bit too lightly-colored for blood, for it is generally a deep, dark red. However, blood in general is rather...difficult to pull off, especially when drawing it on paper. (Some people will use ink splatters for splatters of blood. I never would have guessed, actually. *facepalm* XD )

The machop is pretty good, but you may wanna get rid of the nostril--it makes its actual nose less noticeable, and seeing how the nose is so small, that detail won't be needed.

The Ursaring is actually quite interesting, and the machine-like parts on its belly and eye look artificially attached, yet it still looks very natural (as if they've been quite literally 'stitched' in), like how it should. The red...wire-like things...I'm not sure what you were trying to go for there, but they look aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

Last edited by Speed-X; 08-04-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Solzor. I know the DM is sloppy, but I wrote it so nobody could steal mah darling =3

Fused bits of Bronzor onto Solz, then drew a smile.

Spoiler:
Old 08-04-2010, 06:05 PM
nickkk Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to nickkk Send a message via MSN to nickkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moonlight View Post

Solzor. I know the DM is sloppy, but I wrote it so nobody could steal mah darling =3

Fused bits of Bronzor onto Solz, then drew a smile.
I don't find it bad at all. Although I cannot honestly tell that there is ANY Bronzor in this it all... Really, I had to look for the pieces once you said that there were parts of it in the sprite... It really just looks like a REALLY HAPPY Solrock.

-Nickole

Master Spritess
Old 08-04-2010, 08:06 PM
SinisterSages Offline
Master Trainer

C&C plz i need it!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:39 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agumonman View Post

C&C plz i need it!
It's so cute! Nice shading and scratching on your part. Very original with the red spade-shaped tail. *Adores*

Ohia!! I am semi-active for the next day or so, then 100% dead. So crit will be slippery, if you know what I mean ;)
Old 08-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Anastasia-R Offline
Time Gear Thief

Send a message via MSN to Anastasia-R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agumonman View Post

C&C plz i need it!
Hmm, it's cute.
The horns look unevenly placed, to me. =o One's placed higher than the other. The outlines are pretty good, but even though the sprite has dark shades of colors, you can make SOME outlines lighter. It looks like you used lots of black outlines, but you need to zoom into it to see the lighter shades of the outlines. Hmm, I'd really love to see if you can make or color something red. You only have one part of the sprite red, so maybe, make some other part red. The tail is a nice idea, but the spade design at the tip of the tail also looks uneven. You also used a lot of black outlines for the tail, it looks plain and makes the sprite look flat/2D. I think it's cute, not the most original idea, but I like it overall. You did a pretty nice job. =]
Old 08-04-2010, 09:26 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Quote:
Hi, PE2K Members! I'm back with another sprite...Sheet!

*Reads script*

And it will include;

Fusions
Recolors
Holo's
Real holo's
Pillow shades
Infernos (Sheet I used either credit to Niko or Speed, this one is Speed's.)
Retypes
(Weird, psychic looking) Edits
And more that I don't wish to list! So here it is, And a few notes underneath in fine print (I'm just trying to be myself here, so if you think this is unneeded, good for you.)

Now, for the fine print.

As you see, the fusion sucks. I will edit that part to be one of my highly-advanced sprites done for Gaygar Rocks. I might edit all yellow/golds.
Excuse me for saying, but I haven't gotten and C&C on this.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Anastasia-R Offline
Time Gear Thief

Send a message via MSN to Anastasia-R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia-R

Quote:
Excuse me for saying, but I haven't gotten and C&C on this.
Jeez...
I like you're wanting CC on your work, but that's a lot of sprites. o..o; Keep it to 3-4 sprites. Not a whole sheet. That's why we make galleries for posting more than 4 examples of sprite work. @..@;

Updated the showcase today with 3 rules. Check the first post to see the new rules.

Last edited by Anastasia-R; 08-04-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X

The "no reposting after 3 posts" is a bit ridiculous, though. Wait...you mean not reposting your previous pixel art until 10 or so posts?

Sorry--I guess I misread it at first, but I'm just wanting to confirm, anyways. ^^