Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Good, Funny, Annoying GTS Trades

GTS is a Gobal System allowing players from all over the world to trade. Yet finding a good pokemon can be hard, and sometimes very random. What trade stands out to you ?

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 09-09-2012, 02:51 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Good, Funny, Annoying GTS Trades

The best trade I've done was to get a Japanese 10th anniversary Celebi. I can't actually remember what I traded for it, but it was nothing that special. I'm not sure if it's actually legit but all the details match those of the event, so who knows!

The most annoying trades are ALMOST ALL OF THEM! I'd rather they completely banned legendary Pokemon from the GTS rather than have almost everyone want a level 100 Arceus for their Caterpie. It's really annoying when you just want a basic Pokemon and everyone wants ridiculous things. It's a shame too, since the GTS could be so much more useful.

I've only really used the GTS to get version-exclusive Pokemon. Since everyone on there wants stupid trades, I put up the companion to that version-exclusive Pokemon myself (eg. Misdreavus for Murkrow) and just wait. I usually get a response within a few hours which tells me there are plenty of people out there who just want a proper trade! xD Aside from that, I don't really use the GTS.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:55 AM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g

I have found the Gts has somewhat annoying... its just crazy the trades that are offered... why would someone trade a level 100 dragonite for a level 35 miltank... (that was just a random example) it's just bonkers... I personally do not use gts... I want a fair trade, not a redilous trade.
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:24 AM
goldwynaut Offline

I once got a german lv:100 Rampardos for a lv:40 gardevoir, and i got a tyranitar for a feebas. some traders are really generous, i think they are trying to compleate the pokedex and dont really care about using or training the rare pokemon they are trading away

Its annoying how you cant browse trought all the offers so you can see Those few ones that are actually worth it.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

LEGIT Shiny lvl 50 Pupitar --> Hacked Shiny lvl 100 Haxorus caught on Route 4.

fml.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:30 PM
goldwynaut Offline

You know it do is possible to get banned form GTS right? I dont think very many people find that out before its too late
Old 09-09-2012, 04:58 PM
brandon_g Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to brandon_g Send a message via Skype™ to brandon_g

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwynaut View Post
You know it do is possible to get banned form GTS right? I dont think very many people find that out before its too late
Really? did not know that... alot people will be getting banned then.
I am Brandon, I have 1 goal as a pokemon trainer: To become the unbeatable unlike any other... I have already become the Champion of sinnoh... and am training currently in unova to beat the Champion their.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Jelly Offline

Send a message via MSN to Jelly Send a message via Yahoo to Jelly

GTS is really annoying. I wish there was restrictions on them somehow, and the majority of the Pokemon are just hacked ones anyway. Really frustrating.

My favorite trades are all the level 10 magikarps for some legendary Pokemon.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:01 AM
thirty-six Offline

I got a shiny eevee because someone was trying to do the clone trick… using gts… same with palika for my diamond game.

Now though it seems you need to deposit a pokemon to find decent trades, well that's always been the case for me. Dx
Old 09-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Light Manaphy Offline

I will never forget the moment when I cloned my Groudon in my Pokémon Emerald Version and put a clone on to the Global Trade Station, looking for a Chimchar. I owned a Torterra and an Empoleon at the time, so my impulsive yearning to obtain a Chimchar got the better of me. Plus, I knew I would get a Chimchar if I offered a Pokémon such as Groudon. The greatest part about it was that the Chimchar was from Japan!

But Pokémon Trainer Sarah is correct when she states that the players who use the Global Trade Station are very unyielding towards others in the sense that they want a level 100 Arceus for something as simple as a Lapras at level 42. What always gets me is when a Pokémon is nicknamed that of a different Pokémon (i.e. a Chikorita with the nickname "Sableye") and it's sprite shows up as the Pokémon it is nicknamed after...

And what was also mentioned earlier here is the fact that players can be banned from the Global Trade Station. Indeed, it is true that this can - and will - happen. About five years ago, I bore witness to a user on here whose save data was erased when attempting to perform the Global Trade Station cloning glitch in either their Pokémon Diamond Version or their Pokémon Pearl Version. The cloning process via the Global Trade Station is truly a matter of gambling one's own luck. One can look at it as a roulette game of sorts, for the outcome could keep you safe, but there is always the slight chance that you will come undone. That is why it is wise to either perform the cloning glitch as perfectly as possible or not perform it at all, especially if you are worried about your save data being erased.

:~Paired with DarkSalamence~: :~Big Brother of: KFC and stardyab~: :VPP Status:
Old 09-10-2012, 02:07 PM
goldwynaut Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon_g View Post
Really? did not know that... alot people will be getting banned then.
No, a lot of people trading hacked pokemon on the GTS are kind of smart. unlike some kid trying to trade a foretress caught at lv:46 at victory Road in a cherish ball for example, they make the pokemon seem legit, if they are trying to trade a flake lv:100 lets say altaria, they will capture a swablu first in a common pokeball and rare candy it to lv:100. the GTS will recognise that this pokemon can be caught where it was caught, and in a level it is availiable in, they will not be banned, but of you try that first thing, you will be banned, foretress or pineco can not be captured in victory Road or at lv:46, foretress can not be in a cherish ball either, so the GTS will understand that this is fake and the player will be banned.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirty-six View Post
I got a shiny eevee because someone was trying to do the clone trick… using gts… same with palika for my diamond game.

Now though it seems you need to deposit a pokemon to find decent trades, well that's always been the case for me. Dx
I use to clone like that, I always nervous of that happening.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 09-10-2012, 08:12 PM
goldwynaut Offline

You do? Cloning pokemon counts as cheating you know
Old 09-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Those clones are SOOOOOOOO annoying. Especially when there are no good trades because of people trying to clone. god, it's so awful.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:28 PM
Exophi Offline

Send a message via MSN to Exophi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Stuff
I completely agree.

Sometimes I'll try trading for females in the hope that one of them will have a dream world ability I'm looking for. I've gotten a few of the ones I wanted that way.

Other than that I use it mostly for collecting pokemon which are missing from my pokedex. I just put up a bunch of freshly hatched Zoroa or starters and ask for something simple in exchange. The next time I check the GTS the trade has always gone through.