Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Pokemon Main Boards Ľ Pokemon: Interactive Center Ľ Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 04-05-2004, 12:08 AM
Aiya Quackform Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default RSFrLg Netbattle Team

No limitations on OU/UUs. Avoid cheapness and tell me if you think something is cheap. *eyes her precious Breloom nervously* Also, I'm sorry but I have no clue about natures. Help me learn by telling me what nature you think would be good on each Pokemon and why. I posted the EVs, but I'm not sure on a couple so I'm looking forward to help on those too.
Oh, this is the form I'll be using:
Pokemon@Item (Gender)
Nature w/ Ability EVs: -- -- --

move1
move2
move3
move4
- Explanation and/or notes.
Anyway, get to rating!

Gorebyss@Chesto Berry (F)
??? w/ Swift Swim EVs: speed-255 spatt-255 spdef-6

Agility
Amnesia
Baton Pass
Surf
- This will pass Agility on to my beautiful Breloom. I was thinking Rest over Amnesia on Gorebyss, but then I thought, amnesia could pass quite nicely to either of my special sweepers if I can reuse Gorebyss.

Breloom@Quick Claw (M)
??? w/ Effect Spore EVs: speed-255 att-255 spatt-6

Spore
Focus Punch
Counter
Giga Drain
- Pretty self explanatory. The Spore/Focus Punch combo is pretty cool. Counter for those pesky flyers, and Giga Drain is up for replacement if you see fit.

Spinda@Choice Band (M)
??? w/Own Tempo EVs:speed-255 att-255 def-6

Trick
Teeter Dance
Brick Break
Flail
- His stats are awful, but this is the most inventive moveset Iíve seen in awhile. Trick over Choice Band to band to your poor, unsuspecting opponent. Teeter Dance them out of commission, and wreak havoc with BB and Flail.

Glalie@Chesto Berry (M)
??? w/Inner Focus EVs: spatt-255 spdef-255 att-6/att-255 spdef-6

Taunt/Earthquake
Attract
Rest
Crunch
- Would this make a good tank? Heís got great all-around stats. Taunt to prevent any real strategy from going on, Attract to make matters harder, and Crunch to clean house. But he might do better with EQ over Taunt seeing his fire weakness. 3 of the pogeys on my team have a fire weakness and the only other pogey I have with an anti-fire move is Gorebyssís Surf.

Ninetales@White Herb (F)
??? w/Flash Fire EVs: spat-255 speed-255 def-6

Confuse Ray
Sunny Day
Overheat
Grudge
- I do love Flashfire. Grudge to go out with a bang seeing as Tales wonít last long anyhow.

Masquerain@Leftovers (F)
??? w/Intimidate EVs: att-255 def-255 spdef-6

Whirlwind
Silverwind
Stun Spore
Arial Ace
- Pretty self-explanatory. Medicham might be pretty popular, so this will work nicely. Not only is a phazer, but it also cleans up fighting and psychics. I can slash the speed of Ďem both with Stun Spore, it could even be used as an old school shuffler once I knock out any heal bellers.

Last edited by Aiya Quackform; 04-05-2004 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:20 AM
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: RSFrLg Netbattle Team

Nice Avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renna
No limitations on OU/UUs. Avoid cheapness and tell me if you think something is cheap. *eyes her precious Breloom nervously*
I'm not a firm believer in cheapness. If the mechanics of the game allow you to use a clearely superior and underhanded set legally, than it can be classified as part of the strategy to use that specific cheapness in your quest for a victory.
Quote:
Also, I'm sorry but I have no clue about natures. Help me learn by telling me what nature you think would be good on each Pokemon and why. I posted the EVs, but I'm not sure on a couple so I'm looking forward to help on those too.
Nature: Stuff like adamant or brave. What it does is reduces a stat by 10%, and boost another by 10%
Quote:
Oh, this is the form I'll be using:
Pokemon@Item (Gender)
Nature w/ Ability EVs: -- -- --

move1
move2
move3
move4
- Explanation and/or notes.
Anyway, get to rating!

??? w/ Swift Swim EVs: speed-255 spatt-255 spdef-6

Agility
Amnesia
Baton Pass
Surf
- This will pass Agility on to my beautiful Breloom. I was thinking Rest over Amnesia on Gorebyss, but then I thought, amnesia could pass quite nicely to either of my special sweepers if I can reuse Gorebyss.
Without raindance, swift swim is useless. Go with shell armor, to prevent an unexpected dent in your plans. Also, if a pokes speed is that low, you don't bother training in it. I want to ask you something: Are you planning to use this poke for it's surf often? If you are, a suggestion is to put icebeam over surf, for more elemental coverage and suprise element. Put 200 EVs into Special attack, and give it a modest nature. Modest raises special attack and lowers physical attack (would raise special attack from 314-345, and drop physical attack from 204 to 183), along with putting 212 EVs into HP, and 92 EVs into either special defense or defense. If you chose to put it into defense, you better be darn sure to open with amnesia. Without rest, chesto is useless. Attach leftovers. Now, if you are concentrating almost soley on it's passing, then we reach a problem with surf. With it, you don't have HP recovery and are unlikely to use it again. With it, taunting pokes would lock you. But I suggest going with rest, and putting a bold nature (lowers attack and raises defense), along with 160 EVs into speed, and either 136 into defense or special defense. Defense recomended, since after 1 agility you get faster than almost every poke in the game, giving you time to do other moves. With rest, go with a chesto berry. (man was that a long comment)

Quote:
Breloom@Quick Claw (M)
??? w/ Effect Spore EVs: speed-255 att-255 spatt-6

Spore
Focus Punch
Counter
Giga Drain
- Pretty self explanatory. The Spore/Focus Punch combo is pretty cool. Counter for those pesky flyers, and Giga Drain is up for replacement if you see fit.
Get rid of counter. Flyers would murder this guy in one hit at full power unless they were rediculessly low on phyiscal attack, then they would just decimate him beyond use. And if you plan to pass to it, just use spore ;D. I suggest putting bulk up over counter, and putting sludge bomb or leech seed over gigadrain. Quick claw works well enough. And for EV training, put 96 into speed. Any further would put it into the mid-zone between high speed and low speed pokes, which doesn't make too much of a difference, and since you plan to pass, your speed would be catostrophic at the base of 200. Get an adamant nature (raises attack and lowers special attack), because since we aren't using special attack, and there are most often sleep clauses, that focus punch has got to hit hard before its to late! Place the remaining 156 into it's special defense, to make it slightly more resiliant. If you are concious of it's unresiliance and feel it needs more HP, then put 144 into attack, and 108 into HP. Don't worry about defense: it gets boosted with bulk up. But keep attack high because of that 1 focus punch you get.

Quote:
Spinda@Choice Band (M)
??? w/Own Tempo EVs:speed-255 att-255 def-6

Trick
Teeter Dance
Brick Break
Flail
- His stats are awful, but this is the most inventive moveset Iíve seen in awhile. Trick over Choice Band to band to your poor, unsuspecting opponent. Teeter Dance them out of commission, and wreak havoc with BB and Flail.
I would've had Grumpig, Alazazam, or Kecleon have trick. His stats with a base of 60 each is downright horrible. Strongly suggest changing him. But if you want to use this poke, then You've done a good enough job with it. Have an adamant, Impish (boost defense at a cost of Sp atk), or careful (boost special defense at a cost of sp atk).

Quote:
Glalie@Chesto Berry (M)
??? w/Inner Focus EVs: spatt-255 spdef-255 att-6/att-255 spdef-6

Taunt/Earthquake
Attract
Rest
Crunch
- Would this make a good tank? Heís got great all-around stats. Taunt to prevent any real strategy from going on, Attract to make matters harder, and Crunch to clean house. But he might do better with EQ over Taunt seeing his fire weakness. 3 of the pogeys on my team have a fire weakness and the only other pogey I have with an anti-fire move is Gorebyssís Surf.
Um... no. You see, a poke gets its strength from the specialization of its stats, and not having great stats all around. Having 80 base stat for everything was nice back in GSC. But when compared to pokes such as Ludicolo, it's stats aren't up to the challange. O.K. About the fire thing: It wouldn't work. You can't use a poke that's weak to fire to fight it. So go with icebeam over earthquake. Attach chesto berry. You can either have yourself full-offensive poke with training in 252 in both sp atk and speed with a timid and modest perso (timid raises speed, modest raises special attack, both take away from physical attack), with the set I described, A defensive poke that has Rest, Reflect, Lightscreen, and Icebeam with either leftovers or chesto berry with 140 Evs into HP, and 184 into both defenses with either a calm or bold (raises defenses at expense of attack), or you could have a spiker with the tank set and training, with just spikes over Icebeam.

Quote:
Ninetales@White Herb (F)
??? w/Flash Fire EVs: spat-255 speed-255 def-6

Confuse Ray
Sunny Day
Overheat
Grudge
- I do love Flashfire. Grudge to go out with a bang seeing as Tales wonít last long anyhow.
But it can! The set you have works somewhat. With that, give it a timid nature (boost speed, minus attack), so it is more likely to go first. But I would put Will-O-wisp over grudge, giving it some staying power. With this move change, put 152 EVs into speed (still timid), 252 into special attack, and the extra 106 into HP.

Quote:
Masquerain@Leftovers (F)
??? w/Intimidate EVs: att-255 def-255 spdef-6

Whirlwind
Silverwind
Stun Spore
Arial Ace
- Pretty self-explanatory. Medicham might be pretty popular, so this will work nicely. Not only is a phazer, but it also cleans up fighting and psychics. I can slash the speed of Ďem both with Stun Spore, it could even be used as an old school shuffler once I knock out any heal bellers.
[/quote]A psychic type with the commonly used electric, fire, and ice sub-attacks would eat this guy to bits. I suggest a team change for this guy, but if you want to use him... His attack power is crap. Drop aerial ace and Silver wind. Put Hydropump and Blizzard in the two empty slots. Haze over whirlwind. EVs: 252 in Sp atk and either Speed or HP.

For a side idea, if mist is on the field, Ninetails won't get a stat-reduction from Overheat. Possbly mist over stun spore.

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html
Old 04-06-2004, 12:24 AM
Aiya Quackform Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: RSFrLg Netbattle Team

OK, I used you suggestions and made some changes. Here it is, I need Kecleon and Blastoise in particular rated.

Bold w/ Shell Armor EVs: speed-160 def-136 HP-212 spdef-8

Agility
Amnesia
Baton Pass
Rest
- This will pass Agility on to my beautiful Breloom. If I can use her again, Amnesia over to any one of my three spatt using Pogeys. (Glalie, Ninetales, and Blastoise.)

Breloom@Quick Claw (M)
Adamant w/ Effect Spore EVs: speed-96 att-144 HP-108 spdef-156

Spore
Focus Punch
Bulk Up
Leech Seed
- Pretty self explanatory. The Spore/Focus Punch combo is pretty cool.

Kecleon@Choice Band (M)
Modest w/Color Change EVs: spatt-252 def-126 spdef-126

Trick
Skill Swap
Flamethrower
Ice Beam
- Trick over Choice Band to band to your poor, unsuspecting opponent. Skill Swap to completely rid yourself of your gnarly ability, and give it to your truly unfortunate opponent. Then attack with flamethrower and ice beam, using Color Change to the fullest.

Glalie@Chesto Berry (F)
Modest w/Inner Focus EVs: spatt-252 speed-252

Ice Beam
Attract
Rest
Crunch
- Attract the guys, and start attacking left and right. Rest to recover. With her pretty darn rounded stats, she will hopefully last awhile.

Ninetales@White Herb (F)
Timid w/Flash Fire EVs: spatt-252 speed-152 HP-106

Confuse Ray
Sunny Day
Overheat
Will-O-Wisp
- I do love Flashfire. Will-O-Wisp to help with her spdef, and slowly sap HP.

Blastoise@Leftovers (M)
w/Torrent EVs: att-252 spatt-252 spdef-6

Surf
Earthquake
Haze
Mist
- Takes care of my fire weakness. Hazer, and Mist to setup my Overheating Tales. I read about a Counter Blastoise, but Iím not sure about it.