Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 06:34 AM
HondoomMaster Offline

Send a message via AIM to HondoomMaster
Default Does it annoy you

After watching some of the original episodes, I remembered, that Ash let's go of Primeape and Pidgeot, but when he let them go, he was going to come back and get them. If I remember he returns to Kanto, and never once runs into either of those two Pokemon, he was supposed to get back.

Also why does every new "continet", "island" what ever it is, does Ash seem to be some novice trainer. I mean after four different regions, wouldn't he be an amazing trainer by now and at this point is there really any Pokemon that should be able to take on Pikachu, if they did levels, that thing would be maxed out at 100.

Those things bother me about the series, what about you?
Old 09-03-2010, 06:02 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Does it annoy you

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondoomMaster View Post
After watching some of the original episodes, I remembered, that Ash let's go of Primeape and Pidgeot, but when he let them go, he was going to come back and get them. If I remember he returns to Kanto, and never once runs into either of those two Pokemon, he was supposed to get back.

Also why does every new "continet", "island" what ever it is, does Ash seem to be some novice trainer. I mean after four different regions, wouldn't he be an amazing trainer by now and at this point is there really any Pokemon that should be able to take on Pikachu, if they did levels, that thing would be maxed out at 100.

Those things bother me about the series, what about you?
I suppose the anime makers make Ash a novice trainer because they want to give the general image of Ash as like the trainer in the games where he/she must start his/her journey as a pathetic n00b and advance to be a Pokémon master. In any case Pidgeot and Primeape are pokémon of their time that don't just waste space in Professor Oak's laboratory, only being used for The pokémon league. Instead, like other pokémon in "training" or released, they are living their own lives where the avid watchers of the anime must then believe that they are doing so very happily.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:14 AM
QuestionablyRoyal Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to QuestionablyRoyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
I suppose the anime makers make Ash a novice trainer because they want to give the general image of Ash as like the trainer in the games where he/she must start his/her journey as a pathetic n00b and advance to be a Pokémon master. In any case Pidgeot and Primeape are pokémon of their time that don't just waste space in Professor Oak's laboratory, only being used for The pokémon league. Instead, like other pokémon in "training" or released, they are living their own lives where the avid watchers of the anime must then believe that they are doing so very happily.
Did you know that there is a whole theory about how after the bike indecent in season 1 ash falls into a coma and everything after that is a dream.
It sounds weird but once you hear/read the whole thing it's very convincing...

Bulbagarden is always right!

Groovy!
Old 09-03-2010, 06:38 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionablyRoyal View Post
Did you know that there is a whole theory about how after the bike indecent in season 1 ash falls into a coma and everything after that is a dream.

Bulbapedia = LIES D:<
Yeah, that annoyed me, too. I wanted to see Ash pwn the power of a Pidgeot xD
Primape I can do just fine without. :/
Old 09-03-2010, 07:03 AM
charizard ex Offline

Send a message via AIM to charizard ex Send a message via Skype™ to charizard ex

Yeah that pissed me off like he got rid of a lot of his pokes. He got rid of Butterfree, Primeape, Pidgotto, and worst of all he got rid of charizard. Like seriously, if I was Ash I wouldn't be giving my pokes to random people I meet that is dumb. And like why does he say he will get them back some day if he never even goes to visit them? It's dumb. Yeah I found it kind of dumb that Pikachu can barely hold it's own against like starters or really weak pokemon. I mean like honestly if they don't do level ups in pokemon, his pikachu should still be strong enough to wipe out any of his competition hands down. I mean he has had that thing since he started his adventure.

What I do find funny, though is like in the newer episodes it sounds like he went through puberty or something. It's pretty funny like, I'm sure they replaced the old voice of Ash but it's just funny to me.

My FC: 4297-6886-2794

My trade thread:
http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=108706

Credit goes to Neeno

Battle Frontier Double Challenge Points: 40

Help get the pe2k Olympics approved by the mods

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:11 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

I love the old Ash-voice. Hell, I love the old artwork. Liek, from season 1 and 2.
;__________;

And the thing is, he looses to Roark, right? And he's had Pikachu since forever. So if I just got my first Pokemon, liek a Tirtwig or something, how the heck am I supposed to be able to beat a freakin' Rampardos?
Old 09-03-2010, 07:42 AM
HondoomMaster Offline

Send a message via AIM to HondoomMaster

Well the Charizard, Squirtle and Gliscor give aways are ok in a sense, cause he can recall on them I mean how many times has he called upon Charizard to help him win a match.

The Butterfree thing I got, giving Beedrill away I understood. But I actually like Primeape, I mean I feel like thats why they made Charizard dislike him because he didnt have that struggle anymore like he did with Primeape. But that Pokemon could've become a power house for him.

And Pidgeot, I didnt like the release, but at least the storyline made sense for it.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:39 AM
Alonso Offline

Send a message via AIM to Alonso

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionablyRoyal View Post

Yeah...no. That's not true. I doubt the writers would go out of their way to make a story as profound as that.

It's just a story that centers around a kid for the ratings.
Go to the Anime section

Old 09-07-2010, 05:22 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

I'm still waiting for the day he catches ho-oh. They keep on foreshadowing it. >_>

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 09-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Disco Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
Prediction: Ash will conquer the Sinnoh Pokémon League, and challenge the Elite 4.ą
Didn't he get beat by that hacker with the Darkrai & Latios? ; D

Yeah, it's an ongoing debate.
Let's face it, no one would watch the show if he became invincible.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:35 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

Pokemon has been a TV show for a long time now and there would be lots of viewers who only recently started watching it and never watched the earlier seasons. They probably don't know that Ash had those pokemon so the script writers are using that as an excuse to be lazy and not live up to the promises that ash made earlier in the show lol. besides I bet that the kids that watch the show now but don't play the games, don't even know half the kanto or Jhoto pokemon lol.

Bloody Lazy Script Writers

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 10-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameit View Post
properly and therefore the required boost pressure is not met

What do you mean by that? me no so smart sometimes!

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 10-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend collector View Post
That would be a spam bot, just ignore it.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:28 AM
Master Zorua Offline

Let's just see if they continue to follow the same old routine: Ash arrives, Pikachu captured, new companion rescues Pikachu which leads to a bike getting destroyed by Pikachu.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend collector View Post
If they have advertisement hyperlinks in their signature, its a bot. Just ignore them, we'll delete their posts and ban them when we see them.

As for the anime, I can see why they don't make Ash invincible and give Pikachu extreme power, but they don't need to make him downright pathetic the moment a new region and a new season of Pokemon comes out.

Truthfully, I don't think I could ever get back into watching the anime again. Its too much of the same thing again and again and people have really lost their appreciation for it.

Closed Thread