Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 01:25 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Pokémon: Best Wishes: Initial thoughts

For those who have seen the 2 debut episodes to Best Wishes like me, what are your initial thoughts?

Honestly now that the crap known as Diamond and Pearl has passed and a new Generation starts with all new pokémon in a completely new region, this is The Pokémon Company answering the complaints of the older Generation folk who loved Kanto.
Examples:
  • With Team Rocket now upgraded to Advance Troop status, we can guess that they can return to the way the original Team Rocket was: evil
  • Ash is accompanied by 2 completely new gym leaders native to issue, an allusion to Ash when he first traveled
    with Brock and Misty
  • Since there are no contests in
    Isshu, there will likely be no "Top Coordinator" b.s.
  • The likelihood of Iris being into Pokémon Musicals, judging by the first 2 episodes and her gym leader status, is rather slim
  • So far no bikes have been destroyed
  • Mijumaru follows Ash the way Jigglypuff (or some other pokémon like that) does in Johto
  • Iris may grow interest in Ash the way Misty did in Kanto, though the potential of that is rather slim
  • What are the odds that the new rival may parallel Ritchie?
  • One can foreshadow the potential reappearance of another major character

The new introduction also looks as though as new pokémon are revealed, their silouhette is replaced by a true image of the pokémon. For those of us who spoiled ourselves with the Fifth Generation sprites, we can fully imagine what the pokémon are before they are revealed, however the idea is a nice touch for those who want the new pokémon revealed over time instead of spoiled all at once.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Black Label Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Default Re: Pokémon: Best Wishes: Initial thoughts

Well, I am definitely liking this.

As you said, no Top Coordinator bullcrap, but there are Musicals that Dento may be apart of.

I'm hoping there aren't any b.s. episodes like, "help me and my pokemon do something and get nothing in return kthxbai"

I was thinking the new episode today was being like that, but then I found out that he was getting a new Poke, so its all right.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:50 PM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

I liked Diamond and Pearl. The storytelling was lightyears better then anything Kanto and Johto had. Also I liked the Contest 'BS' too. It was good and a distraction to Ash's thing since he had to share the spotlight with his co-stars compare to the time when he hogged it and the others just watch or helped him. Also allow Ash to be the mentor for once.

Can't say much about it so far except that I can't take Ash serious in his new outfit. That color scheme looks horrible on him. Light blue and white isn't his color. Looks like a damn little kid.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Disco Offline

Given he's still 10, looking like a kid may not be the problem.
You know, I stopped watching Pokémon after the Orange Islands, but I think this may make me start watching them all again.

Because thus far MY PANTS ARE STRAINED BY THE DEEP LOVE I HOLD FOR THE ISSHU REGION.
Everything just seems so incredibly brand new. It's the same feeling I had when I watched Kanto. This lack of 'older' Pokémon was a great decision.

Also, offtopic: Is anyone ever annoyed by the fact that, at least in Firefox, the word 'Pokémon' is a misspell, while 'Pokemon' isn't?
Old 10-06-2010, 05:03 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Thank god there are no flipping contests. I was getting sick of those, and that was what messed Sinnoh up. At least Hoenn was OK.
Yay! Replacment Jigglypuff to bother Ash xD
Still, someone has to do something about Iris' hair. It makes Ash look like a Midget a bit...

Either way, it will be epic when Ash battles Iris for his gym battle. Now Ashley will know how the Old Pokemon was. Peacefull, yet pwnsome. The two of us were born in the middle of Hoenn, hence why one of my favorite Pokemon is a Latias, the first Pokemon I ever saw.

No more b.s, just normal ole' Pokemon with some wacky looking 'Mons.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

To be quite honest, I think the anime has outlived itself and should just die... Kanto&Hoenn were alright... Sinnoh was basically filled with fillers- quite pathetic-, Johto meh...

I think it's been around long enough and should die and return to the game world..

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:22 AM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

I agree that Hoenn was Ok. Yeah, the Anime has been around too long. It should either go back to the game world, or have less eppisodes and like...one more movie.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:59 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Lol the anime will end when pokemon ends, and that's going to be awhile.

@Mikey: Wow O_o I can't believe there's someone else out there that like D&P.

I don't really mind contest being gone though, but I didn't hate them. Also, Miju isn't like how Jigglypuff was in Kanto. ^_^

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 10-07-2010, 08:00 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

I don't really mind contest being gone though, but I didn't hate them. Also, Miju isn't like how Jigglypuff was in Kanto. ^_^

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 10-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Disco Offline

Just as a simple thing:

Spoiler:

We haven't touched on the subject of Pokémon abuse this deeply since Kanto.
Poor Pokabu...
Old 10-08-2010, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubatheDiverman View Post

As I said, the storytelling was better and they did a better job in incorporating things from the game especially with Team Galactic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
Just as a simple thing:

Spoiler:

We haven't touched on the subject of Pokémon abuse this deeply since Kanto.
Poor Pokabu...
I won't say since Kanto...

Not to sound like a Negative Nancy and maybe it is too soon to ask but what is the point of Iris?

Old 10-08-2010, 04:51 AM
Disco Offline

Of course, not since Kanto. But I don't think it's been explained this explicitly since Kanto.

And yeah, I don't understand Iris. I'm thinking that she'll be the final Gym Leader for Ash, and hopefully, that is the point of her.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
Of course, not since Kanto. But I don't think it's been explained this explicitly since Kanto.

And yeah, I don't understand Iris. I'm thinking that she'll be the final Gym Leader for Ash, and hopefully, that is the point of her.
I was thinking that we seen it drawn out in Sinnoh with Chimchar and Paul. You got to admit that some of the things that Paul did to Chimchar weren't the best of things as in having his pokemon gang up on the little monkey and such. That is one form of abuse there. Not as direct but surely just as bad.

I hope not then she just be doing a lot of nothing till then. Did they ever explain why Iris is out in the wild? Is she trying to gain experience in order to take the mantle of Gym Leader from her grandfather or just decided to run away from home because she was avoiding becoming a Gym Leader? Still if her point is to be just the final Gym Leader then wow......Brock and Misty 2.0.

(Before somebody takes that comment out of hand, I liked Brock and Misty but in reality they did nothing beside coach Ash. So that what I mean by 2.0)

Old 10-09-2010, 07:04 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard Michelle View Post
As I said, the storytelling was better and they did a better job in incorporating things from the game especially with Team Galactic.

I won't say since Kanto...

Not to sound like a Negative Nancy and maybe it is too soon to ask but what is the point of Iris?
To be honest, if it weren't for Team Galactic then I wouldn't have any incentive to watch D&P.
Not to mention the Grand Festival was my real coming-through for contests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard Michelle View Post
I was thinking that we seen it drawn out in Sinnoh with Chimchar and Paul. You got to admit that some of the things that Paul did to Chimchar weren't the best of things as in having his pokemon gang up on the little monkey and such. That is one form of abuse there. Not as direct but surely just as bad.

I hope not then she just be doing a lot of nothing till then. Did they ever explain why Iris is out in the wild? Is she trying to gain experience in order to take the mantle of Gym Leader from her grandfather or just decided to run away from home because she was avoiding becoming a Gym Leader? Still if her point is to be just the final Gym Leader then wow......Brock and Misty 2.0.

(Before somebody takes that comment out of hand, I liked Brock and Misty but in reality they did nothing beside coach Ash. So that what I mean by 2.0)
In any case, Cyndaquil was to be caught by a potentially abusive trainer. Remember the guy with the Sandslash in Good 'Quil Hunting?

Most likely Iris is only there as a Misty 2.0 but not enough has happened to decide on that. Since Dent has yet to be introduced, one can only speculate.

Anyone to guess the odds of Pokabu->Chaobu? It is going to be Ash's second Fire/Fighting pokémon.

Team Plasma is taking a long time to be introduced. In the games they are in the city right after the starting point /complaint
Old 10-11-2010, 01:13 AM
Psycho__Ryan Offline
Master Trainer

Arrow Re: Pokémon: Best Wishes: Initial thoughts

It sounds cool. I haven't watched since Kanto (TECHNICLLY Hoeenn, because I still like to watch the final tounement battles and missed Sinnoh's).

I think I'll watch it agin, as long as Team Rock is there for more than teh lulz.