Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:59 PM
s00pahFr0g Offline

Default What deck are you using?

Alright so I didn't see any deck discussion threads so I figured I'd put one out there.

As for myself, I'm running Donphan prime as my main. I teched in a 2/1/2 line of Nidoqueen RR to fix Donphan's 10 damage to all benched pokemon. Since the current metagame is still filled with SP pokemon(darn you luxchomp) I also teched in a 2/1/2 line of Machamp SF. I also put 2 Mesprit LA in to deal with poke-powers; a little disruption is always nice. I run 6 fighting energy and one Rainbow Energy(just in-case I'm forced to fight with Nidoqueen).

Full Decklist:

Pokemon: 21

4xPhanpy HGSS
4xDonphan Prime HGSS
2xNidoran RR
1xNidorina RR
2xNidoqueen RR
1xUnown Q SF
2xMesprit LA
2xMachop Triumphant
1xMachoke(forgot which)
2xMachamp SF

T/S/S: 32

4xPoke Drawer +
1xProfessor Oak's New Theory
1xPalmer's Contribution
2xBTS(Broken Time-Space)
3xBebe's Search
2xPokemon Communication
4xSSU(Super Scoop Up)
2xRare Candy
2xPokemon Collector
1xSwitch
1xWarp Point(league promo yay!)
1xCopycat
2xJudge
4xPlus Power
2xEX-Belt(Expert Belt)

Energy:

6xFighting Energy
1xRainbow Energy

If any of you are familiar with the TCG then you've probably heard about the Donphan Prime deck. I love playing it; it's fast and it hits hard and is rather fun to play. I usually just use Donphan's earthquake but I will occasionally stack three energies on Donphan and using Heavy Impact. As I said earlier, the Machamp is to deal with SP(and again darn you luxchomp).

I'd like to get some suggestions for this deck although I do plan on using this in my local cities in just over a week!

What about the rest of you? What are you all using right now?
Old 12-23-2010, 07:58 PM
Traxx Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: What deck are you using?

Pretty good deck ^

I'm trying to make a flying type deck, (still in the making,) but am having problems. Please give me your suggestions. It's an all energy type deck.

Remember that it's still in the making, I sorta threw it together yesterday, don't have duplicates, and wasn't thinking about it much.

Pokémon (Don't remember sets they came from, and can't read bottom symbols either. Most are from 2008-present.)

1xStaraptor
1xStarly
1xStaravia
1xDragonite
1xHonchkrow (Team Galactic)
1xCorbat (Team Galactic)
1xGolbat
1xZubat
1xFearow (Delta Species Electric)
1xSpearow
1xCrobat (Delta Species Metal/Grass)
1xDelibird
1xDodrio
1xDoduo
1xShelgon
1xSalamence (One of favorite cards in deck!)
1xBagon
1xHo-Oh
1xDratini
1xDragonair
1xHoothoot
1xNoctowl

T/S/S

1xBroken Time-Space
1xBuffer Piece
1xScott
1xCynthia's Feelings
1xCyrus's Initiative
1xRoseanne's Research
1xTeam Galactic's Invention G-105 Poké Turn
1xNight Teleporter
1xLooker's Investigation
1xProfessor Rowan
1xProfessor Birch
1xPokédex
1xPokémon Contest Hall
2xPokénav
2xTechnical Machine TS-1

Energy

Will add in later

Last edited by Traxx; 12-23-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:37 PM
s00pahFr0g Offline

I would love to give suggestions but I don't understand where you're going with it. What's your strategy? Do you have a main attacker?

I also noticed that you have no Zubats for the Crobat and no Spearow for the Fearow.

Last edited by s00pahFr0g; 12-23-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Traxx Offline
Experienced Trainer

Sorry about that, I've played MTG a lot longer than Pokémon, so I don't know many strategies for Pokémon...Could you possibly recommend one for my deck?

Also, thanks for telling me about the missing cards...Will add them in now.

Thanks again!

Old 12-24-2010, 02:08 AM
s00pahFr0g Offline

I don't really know what cards you're using. There are a lot of cards of those out there that come from 2008-present. I have a few guesses but that's all. I can also tell you that any deck with only 1/1/1 lines won't do to well because you're too easily disabled. If any one of those three is KO'ed then you're done with that line. I know you said you don't have duplicates so I'm just adding that in.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Traxx Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s00pahFr0g View Post
I don't really know what cards you're using. There are a lot of cards of those out there that come from 2008-present. I have a few guesses but that's all. I can also tell you that any deck with only 1/1/1 lines won't do to well because you're too easily disabled. If any one of those three is KO'ed then you're done with that line. I know you said you don't have duplicates so I'm just adding that in.
I will try to find the cards online...Thanks for trying to help though

Old 12-30-2010, 09:24 PM
Phantasm.Angel Offline

Send a message via AIM to Phantasm.Angel

S00pahFr0g, I'm amazed to see you aren't running any Uxie. You should also be running 3-4 each of Pokemon Collector and Professor Elm's Training Method so you can easily grab the cards you need. Also, I know that Donphan only needs one energy to use EQ, but I feel like 7 energy is a tad too little. I'd definitely bump it up to at least ten.

That's all I got right now, good luck at cities!

paired with the marvelous Eternal Moonlight, creator of the above
Old 12-30-2010, 09:43 PM
s00pahFr0g Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm.Angel View Post
S00pahFr0g, I'm amazed to see you aren't running any Uxie. You should also be running 3-4 each of Pokemon Collector and Professor Elm's Training Method so you can easily grab the cards you need. Also, I know that Donphan only needs one energy to use EQ, but I feel like 7 energy is a tad too little. I'd definitely bump it up to at least ten.

That's all I got right now, good luck at cities!
3-4 Pokemon Collector is far too many for a deck with relatively few basics. I actually don't have a problem with that as I have tested the deck plenty of times. As far as Uxie, I also don't have a hand problem and it's difficult to get if off my bench which is a pain. I really don't like Professor Elm's Training Method; that card has never helped me a single time since it was first released way back when. I did actually use it in this deck before but it never helped. I honestly don't have a problem with getting the pokemon I need. The energy has crossed my mind and I'm going to have a special play testing thing going on this weekend and I'll be sure to test that.

As a side note, money has come in to play a little and I have been unable to afford any Uxie. I also don't feel I have the room to really change too much; the mesprit are necessary to counter decks that use a lot of p-powers and I know people will have them for my area's metagame.

Thanks for the suggestions though. I do appreciate it. And thanks for the luck too. xD I may need it.

Last edited by s00pahFr0g; 12-30-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:09 PM
Phantasm.Angel Offline

Anything I can do to help. To be hoenst, I haven't played since last season, so the metagame's changed a lot for me. Good to know that ol' Donphan is still a contender though.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:30 PM
s00pahFr0g Offline

If I remember correctly it's rated among the top 5. With luxchomp still sitting at the top...of course...that deck drives me nuts. At least I got a counter for it now.

I'm actually working on another deck, I believe it would be classified as a rogue deck. It mostly uses the Wailord from Triumphant and the Feraligatr Prime from HGSS. I was going to try and figure something out with the Golduck from Triumphant as well. The biggest issues I see are the energy cost and the extremely high retreat.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:55 AM
Phantasm.Angel Offline

Yeah, I was really hoping for a HG-on or Rising Rivals-On block, just to hinder SPs some more. But nope, Luxchomp stays on top for another season.
Yeah, that sounds like a very interesting Rogue. I think if you don't use Golduck, the only reason you'd really need to switch out is when a wailord gets really, really damaged. I don't know what kinda techs or whatnot you're planning on running though ^^

Old 12-31-2010, 01:12 AM
s00pahFr0g Offline

I think I'll post the deck list after the tournament. I'll be testing a lot of different variations of it along with Donphan this weekend so I'll have a better idea of what to put in. I did two battles with it, both of which went badly, but that's not too surprising for the first time using the deck. I'm hoping I'll be able to make it work. I know it can hit hard and my biggest concern would be luxray as the entire deck is weak to it, but a wailord has enough HP, plus some of the ideas I have, that I think I could take it even with weakness. As far as switching damaged wailords...super scoop up is my friend. xD Plus a few switches/warp points just in case I fail the flip.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:07 AM
Ceromax Offline

Im using a Fire/Physchic Deck at the moment i built it myself, The cards arent from any certain time theyre from First edition And higher

Fire pokemon

Cyndaquilx1
quilavax1
tyhplosionx1
charmanderx1
charmeleonx1
charizardx1 Note this card is the rare first edition one.
grolithex1
arcaninex1
ho-ohx1
enteix1
flareonx1

Psychic and normal pokemon

Misdreavusx1
mismagiusx1
giratina Origin formx1
eeveex2
espeonx1
dratinix1
dragonairx1
dragonitex1
teddiursax1
ursaringx1
slowpokex1
slowkingx1
miltankx1

Trainers/supporters/stadiums/energies
fire energyx12
psychic energyx12
gust of windx1
energy retreivalx1
energy searchx1
switchx1
professor elms training methodx1
pokemon communicationx1
billx2
burned towerx1
potionx1
energy removalx1
moomoo milkx1
pokemon march x1

Thats all of them, So leave a reply and tell me how you like it.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Cepheus Offline

I just started getting back into the cards after surrendering mine many years ago. I picked up a few HGSS Starter decks to jump back in.. They seem pretty awesome.. I also bought an Entei Tin that had several booster packs in them... Got some decent cards by my own standards I suppose... I’m seriously lacking in energies though.. The starter decks have plenty for the kinds of decks that they are... But I have NO Fire/Water/Electric energies at all.. Just: Grass/Metal/Psychic/Dark/Fighting. I’m dying to build a powerhouse deck.. But I’m not sure where to go from here... Is it common practice to mix cards from different sets? For example, can I build a deck that has Pokemon from HG/SS & D/P/P?
Old 02-10-2011, 03:30 PM
sunshine Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s00pahFr0g View Post
Alright so I didn't see any deck discussion threads so I figured I'd put one out there.

As for myself, I'm running Donphan prime as my main. I teched in a 2/1/2 line of Nidoqueen RR to fix Donphan's 10 damage to all benched pokemon. Since the current metagame is still filled with SP pokemon(darn you luxchomp) I also teched in a 2/1/2 line of Machamp SF. I also put 2 Mesprit LA in to deal with poke-powers; a little disruption is always nice. I run 6 fighting energy and one Rainbow Energy(just in-case I'm forced to fight with Nidoqueen).

Full Decklist:

Pokemon: 21

4xPhanpy HGSS
4xDonphan Prime HGSS
2xNidoran RR
1xNidorina RR
2xNidoqueen RR
1xUnown Q SF
2xMesprit LA
2xMachop Triumphant
1xMachoke(forgot which)
2xMachamp SF

T/S/S: 32

4xPoke Drawer +
1xProfessor Oak's New Theory
1xPalmer's Contribution
2xBTS(Broken Time-Space)
3xBebe's Search
2xPokemon Communication
4xSSU(Super Scoop Up)
2xRare Candy
2xPokemon Collector
1xSwitch
1xWarp Point(league promo yay!)
1xCopycat
2xJudge
4xPlus Power
2xEX-Belt(Expert Belt)

Energy:

6xFighting Energy
1xRainbow Energy

If any of you are familiar with the TCG then you've probably heard about the Donphan Prime deck. I love playing it; it's fast and it hits hard and is rather fun to play. I usually just use Donphan's earthquake but I will occasionally stack three energies on Donphan and using Heavy Impact. As I said earlier, the Machamp is to deal with SP(and again darn you luxchomp).

I'd like to get some suggestions for this deck although I do plan on using this in my local cities in just over a week!

What about the rest of you? What are you all using right now?
......haha ,I used wood deck..