Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Default Conflict of the Gods

Conflict of the Gods

Chapters:

Prologue: Laguna Loire, Soldier of Galbadia - Another pawn is drawn into the cycle of war for the gods.

Last edited by Dr Robotnik; 04-22-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Default Re: Conflict of the Gods

Prologue: Laguna Loire, Soldier of Galbadia

最終的には、すべてのものが灰にフェード

Quiet night. Well, sort of quiet. Forest-at-night quiet. Wind rustling leaves, night insects and birds giving off cries, the occasional hooting of an old owl. Nothing to note. Or, rather, SEEMINGLY nothing to note. There was a bunker straight ahead, almost hidden beneath fronds, leaves, vines, and other forest scenery. Though, hiding a big metal door was hard when those kinds of things weren’t the best at clinging to surfaces, so the recent influx of troops to this specific location marked it to a certain soldier who was (probably) scouting out the forest or (Most likely) lost in the forest, and happening to stumble across it.

Black hair, long on the right side of his head and short on the other, dim blue uniform with a metal chest plate, shoulder pads, and knee pads. Sharp blue eyes peering in through a detached scope, making him feel rather pirate-like. How he could joke in such a fashion lost in the middle of enemy territory was beyond his commanders. Number Eight, Squad Captain of the Galbadian army, Laguna Loire. Or, such was implied by the eight on his chest plate. A grin was on the man’s face, and it wasn’t because the mosquitoes had taken a big interest in the Esthar soldiers over himself. He was well armed, and from the sound of the door, this bunker hadn’t been used in a long time. One man against eight. How hard could it be?

The lone soldier swept his scope around the building, searching for… There. A lone security camera, partly blinded by branches, but it’d definitely see him if he tried to go for the door. But he had experience with this kind of thing; of all Galbadia’s soldiers, Laguna Loire was an amazing shot, despite his somewhat unfitting attitude and like for wandering off and getting himself lost in forests much like these. This time, he had managed to wander off without his own squad, who were probably back at camp wondering where he was. He drew out a small pistol, took careful aim, focused for a second and fired. The camera send out sparks wildly, and by some stroke of luck the on-duty camera man was busy introducing the new soldiers to the bunker, or just not set up yet. Whichever it was, nobody noticed the front camera go out in a haze of static. Laguna slipped his pistol into a holster and picked up his machine gun from the ground. It wasn’t normal model by any means; it was much boxier, more rectangular than other models, but that suited him just fine. In a way, it was his signature weapon.

Moving quickly and quietly, he slunk to the thick steel door, which was shut for the moment. And there he waited, watching for any signs of movement beyond ambient forest, for the great creak of metal hinges. There was a CLICK, like a door unlocking, and the loud squealing of hinges. A soldier garbed in futuristic armor of a bright blue shade exited the bunker, paying more attention to the door than the soldier he had yet to notice. A rustle of vines betrayed his position, and the enemy soldier whirled around in fright, attempting to draw a weapon before catching the butt of Laguna’s machine gun across his head, a first strike dazing and a second strike knocking out the hapless man (Or woman).

And with that Laguna hustled inside, sneaking along as well as his heavy black boots would allow, down into a metal-lined corridor lit by harsh fluorescent lights… or something like them; they seemed a bit more alien than that. A cry rang out from above as the siren went off. Wuh-oh, looks like the cover was blown.

“RED ALERT, THE BASE HAS BEEN INFILTRATED; THIS IS NOT A DRILL, REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL,” A deep male’s voice came over the intercom. Laguna stood up and stretched a bit.

“Whew, this stealth thing wasn’t going so hot on my knees anyway!” Laguna said, grinning and bringing his weapon to bear, charging forward and opening fire, gunning down an unfortunate two soldiers who hadn’t been smart enough to check before barreling around a corner. He never liked that part of the job, but it was either they shot him or he shot them. He preferred not having any holes in him if he could help it. At this point, the hallway turned sharply, making a kind of rounded corner, and he could hear orders being barked from around it. Charging head-on? Bad idea; he’d be cheese by the time he could pull the trigger. Fire blindly around the corridor? Probably a waste of bullets. Laguna pulled a grenade from his pocket, yanking the ring and tossing it down the corridor. He heard a shout, then the deafening explosion, then saw the smoke indicating his explosion had been, to some extent, a success, at least as a distraction.

Deciding to take his chances, Laguna breathed to himself “Now or never; time to use up that surplus,” and whirled around the corner, charging through the smoke and opening fire as soon as he was through, but cover or no whoever had survived was already down the hallway, returning fire. He ducked behind a charred barrier, pure luck keeping any of the shots from hitting (He was born with quite a bit of luck), save for one that cut through his uniform, but thankfully didn’t do much more than that. The retort of guns stopped, and Laguna poked his head around the corner-- Then brought it back just in time to not get hit by a second volley. No more grenades on him, so he couldn’t pull the same trick. So he went for plan B (Because Plan A was suicide; charging into a stream of enemy fire was not a wise choice), sticking the barrel around the edge of the barrier and taking his best guess at where his enemies were. Of course, his stream of fire ended up being more like a suppression burst than a stream of concentrated fire, and many of his shots went wild, but they did their job; if they weren’t dead, the Esthar soldiers were certainly incapacitated, as a quick glance around the corner of the barricade told him.

“Sorry, pal; I don’t like it any more than you,” Laguna said as a comment to one of the downed soldiers, relieving him of three or so clips of ammunition. The next thing he knew, he was surrounded; he had charged down the corridor and, somehow, not noticed two connecting hallways brimming with soldiers. What happened next, he couldn’t quite tell; a storm of bullets rocketed at him from both sides, but they seemed to be moving slower and slower until everything-- Gunshots, bullets, orders, everything-- halted… except for him.

“Hmph. To break an eternal cycle… This is that hero?” A woman’s voice commented. Laguna tried to turn to look, but he found that while his mind wasn’t frozen, his body was.

“Hah! Could that shrimp even blow up a town? There’s no way someone like that could even TRY to stop us!” A man’s voice, rather high-pitched and strained, came. Whoever it was probably had something against the gunman.

“The both of you are fools,” Another male’s voice, very pompous, but also young “You seem to have lost more memories than you think, if you don’t remember the usurpers you neglected to kill when you had the chance.”

There was a sudden flash, and Laguna Loire knew no more…
Old 04-25-2011, 10:25 PM
Guard13007 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Guard13007

Interesting...

But I don't know the universe this comes out of at all, so the implications are really lost on me, could you explain a little of the background?
Old 04-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Lol, Laguna's such a fun character, and an interesting take on what I'm pretty sure is him getting picked as a warrior of Cosmos. And I know I've played both Dissidias and all, but who are the voices at the end, assuming the woman is Cosmos, maybe Kefka is the high-pitched one, but not even sure where to begin on the last one. Nice job, though, 'niisama! :)

And Guard, Dissidia Final Fantasy is a set(two released so far) of games using a compilation of characters from both the good and evil sides of various Final Fantasy games from 1 to 13(in the second, originally only went from 1 to 12) to fight in a "never-ending" battle between the gods of harmony as discord as...soldiers, you could call them.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 04-25-2011, 11:08 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

(Psst, it's Ultimecia, Kefka and Kuja ;D)

Basically, what Winter told ya is the background |D Though I'll be including other stuff I like just because. Nonsensical? Why yes, I am! ... I actually started writing this intending it to be only Laguna, but then I decided to expand it >->
Old 04-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Guard13007 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Cherry View Post
And Guard, Dissidia Final Fantasy is a set(two released so far) of games using a compilation of characters from both the good and evil sides of various Final Fantasy games from 1 to 13(in the second, originally only went from 1 to 12) to fight in a "never-ending" battle between the gods of harmony as discord as...soldiers, you could call them.
*is confused* ...maybe I should rephrase that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal sonic View Post
Basically, what Winter told ya is the background |D Though I'll be including other stuff I like just because. Nonsensical? Why yes, I am! ... I actually started writing this intending it to be only Laguna, but then I decided to expand it >->
Yeah, I definitely should rephrase that.

All I know about Final Fantasy is that it involves bad and good guys fighting with giant swords and magic...and I'm not even sure if I got that completely right, isn't there guns too? (Well, there definitely is, cause you have him with a machine gun...)
Old 04-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard13007 View Post
*is confused* ...maybe I should rephrase that...

Yeah, I definitely should rephrase that.

All I know about Final Fantasy is that it involves bad and good guys fighting with giant swords and magic...and I'm not even sure if I got that completely right, isn't there guns too? (Well, there definitely is, cause you have him with a machine gun...)
It has changed a lot, and the series lost me at game number 4 because I moved on to other things, and when I came back I was totally lost, so I live in the past when it comes to FF xD
Old 04-26-2011, 07:16 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

It's still basically that, but to explain it means me explaining a series comprising of thirteen games, each with different plots and some of them with their own spinoffs, and I'm not that motivated xD Not to mention I haven't played that many of them. So basically, good vs. evil. Though, I'll be throwing in other characters for my own liking, so this isn't strictly FF >-> Fan fiction and all that. It's for my amusement xD ... And, you know, practice in my writing.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:23 PM

The games are immensely long too, which is both a plus and a minus xD
Old 04-27-2011, 12:25 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

DEpends on which ones you play, actually, and how addicted you get to them. The Crystal Chronicles games didn't last too long, and I ran through Crisis Core like I was running out of time to play it. XD They're all different, you might wanna give it other ones a try--especially the newer ones.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 04-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Guard13007 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal sonic View Post
It's still basically that, but to explain it means me explaining a series comprising of thirteen games, each with different plots and some of them with their own spinoffs, and I'm not that motivated xD Not to mention I haven't played that many of them. So basically, good vs. evil. Though, I'll be throwing in other characters for my own liking, so this isn't strictly FF >-> Fan fiction and all that. It's for my amusement xD ... And, you know, practice in my writing.
I suppose I should've just went and Googled it. xD I know it's a lot to explain, but thought maybe you knew a way to give the basics more than just fighting and good and evil stuff.

My only real experience with it, I watched a movie, it was...I don't remember... Well, when I get free time, I'll have to look it up, then re-read this.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Giratina Offline

Final Fantasy is... a really hard series to explain. Almost every 'main' game (i.e., the numbered ones) are vastly different than all the others, with a usually separate world. Literally each group of games could stand alone as their own series. This is also the reason why certain games in the series are SUPER MEGA JESUS CHRIST POPULAR AWESOME and others are "...meh".

Dissidia is basically a big old crossover fanfiction put into video game form. Main heroes and villains are literally pulled out of their home universe and dropped into still another one, to be used as pieces in a war between two deities, Chaos and... someone else. I forget her name. Anyway, you literally don't need to know anything about the specific games that the characters came from, because they've all been upped from their own worlds anyway, and all the other characters will be just as clueless as you are.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 04-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Guard13007 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
Final Fantasy is... a really hard series to explain. Almost every 'main' game (i.e., the numbered ones) are vastly different than all the others, with a usually separate world. Literally each group of games could stand alone as their own series. This is also the reason why certain games in the series are SUPER MEGA JESUS CHRIST POPULAR AWESOME and others are "...meh".

Dissidia is basically a big old crossover fanfiction put into video game form. Main heroes and villains are literally pulled out of their home universe and dropped into still another one, to be used as pieces in a war between two deities, Chaos and... someone else. I forget her name. Anyway, you literally don't need to know anything about the specific games that the characters came from, because they've all been upped from their own worlds anyway, and all the other characters will be just as clueless as you are.
Hm, now I completely understand. XD Not really, but that was really helpful, thank you. (And thanks to others trying to explain it or offer help.) I think I still wanna look it up though, because now I'm interested.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Giratina Offline

COSMOS. The good deity's name was Cosmos.

Anyway, yeah. Dissidia is actually a fairly good way to get introduced to the series, because even though some of the character personalities got lost in transmission from their original games to Dissidia, you can still get an idea of who's who in what game. (You also get to see kingdomhearts!Squall on the PSP. Yay! /shot)

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 04-27-2011, 08:03 PM

'Snot really a series if they aren't related serially...