Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 11:32 PM
AceArceus222 Offline

Default Shiny Pokemon

is there a way to get shiny Pokemon faster in Pokemon platinum? i searched and searched and couldn't find any.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:08 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: Shiny Pokemon

No, mate. You need to be patient and wait to find them. It IS a chance out of more than 8000 that you'll run into a shiny, so you need to be patient. Going looking for them is probably not a very good idea, as you will be disappointed. However, using your PokeRadar will help you find shiny pokemon.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:36 AM
Crackerjack Offline

Smile Re: Shiny Pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArceus222 View Post
is there a way to get shiny Pokemon faster in Pokemon platinum? i searched and searched and couldn't find any.
Being a Shiny hunter, I have good advice for this. I have 19 legitimate Shiny Pokémon in Pearl version alone. I don't feel like explaining, but the PokéRadar does help. It takes practice and a bit of skill, though. Look up "How to chain shiny pokemon" in Google or on YouTube. Shuko's YouTube video is nice, and I consider her the founder of 4th generation shiny chaining. User of youtube Z33 has gotten over 800 Shinies with this method. If you haven't gotten the National Dex yet, research the Masuda method, which takes little to no skill but more patience. I wish you success!

If you want me to rescue you in PMD1, just ask. There is nothing a Lv. 100 Flareon and Meganium cannot do.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:28 AM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

What they said. It is all luck based. The first shiny I ever found was a shiny Psyduck in Platinum. It was completely random, but I caught it anyways. The second shiny I found was a Makuhita, and that was during a swarm, so there's that. I've also found a shiny Emolga in White, and hatched a shiny Tepig, too!! I've found more, but those were just the notable ones.

Signature made by Foxamivalth!
Old 10-25-2011, 04:29 AM
OldMax Offline

in HG i run up and down with the bike on the road to the left of the daycare center so when one hatches you can go replace it right away.
takes alot of trys though
Old 10-26-2011, 05:08 PM
MrPolarZero Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerful Cherubi View Post
What they said. It is all luck based. The first shiny I ever found was a shiny Psyduck in Platinum.
Same with me, my first shiny was a Psyduck.

I do believe that getting a shiny is random and depends on luck.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Zan Sabrefang Offline

Send a message via AIM to Zan Sabrefang

If you have access to Wi-Fi, you could try putting up a monster for a Ditto and hope for a Japanese one, then breed it with whatever monster you want as a shiny.
I believe this negates the ability to pass down Natures, but drastically increases your chance at a shiny baby Pokémon.
These aren't actual figures, but I believe in Gen 4 it reduces likelihood from 1/8000 to roughly 1/2000.
It works better in Gen 5 though I believe, dropping to just over 1/1000.

Other than that, PokéRadar seems to work well (I got a shiny Shinx).
Just chain up to roughly 40 of the same monster and your chances are fantastically high of getting a shiny.

PE2K League Stats

White FC: Miyo - 2236 6365 9321
Old 10-27-2011, 06:36 AM
Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya Offline

I also have Platinum. I used the Poke Radar and caught several legit shinnies that way.

My nephew had better luck than I do. He finds them in the wild. He doesn't care about them, so he gives them to me. I have three that were formerly his.

It takes time and patience. I have next-to-no luck catching shinnies ordinarily so feel really fortunate to have a Poke Radar. I wish they had one in Black and White.

Hearing of people's success makes me want to play Platinum again and start shiny hunting.

Regrettably there are no legitimate short cuts to catching shinnies. I'm sorry. I wish you success in your efforts. Take care.

On a another note, let us know if you catch any with the Poke Radar and we'll cheer you on, okay. Take care.
Formerly Sith_Lord_Darth_Krushya. I turned to the light side so I could be of better use to the community. I'm a Jedi Knight. My character's name is Goen-Tog Etya. First name, Goen-Tog (pronounced: Go-in, Tahg.) Last name Etya, (pronounced, et-yah). Play on words for "goin' ta get ya." You can either call me "Goen-Tog" or "Master Etya." LOL. Have a nice day.

Last edited by Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya; 11-02-2011 at 04:36 PM. Reason: spelling, grammar, more info
Old 11-23-2011, 09:04 PM
MC3-PS2 Offline

Poke Radar is the most useful option, butr if you would like to take time..I would soft-reset.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Primal Link Offline

Send a message via MSN to Primal Link

The poke radar is your best bet, caught many a shiny by using that.

As for instanes of shinys outwith sinnoh i caught a shiny linoone(ruby), Rayquaza(SS, soon as i saw it was shiny one master ball), Zubat (SS, they are everywhere really) and a shiny patrat (White) Its just luck really i dunno how lucky i got with that embedded tower rayquaza though...

3DS: 3308-4809-3969
Avatar credit goes to ~theLostSindar of DevianART

Last edited by Primal Link; 12-12-2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: typos galore
Old 12-26-2011, 11:17 PM
Swampert Guy Offline

You could use Poke Radar to help you

Plus, shiny Pokemon are just sprites with different colors - nothing else
Closed Thread