Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:41 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Arrow WAR X Judge Applications

As any WAR veteran knows, the WAR is a competition between teams. But none of this is possible without the dedication and support of WAR Judges. These Judges, esteemed, knowledgeable and fair members of the community, determine the winners of each section and how many points they earn. Teams rise and fall with the allocation of points.

Without a doubt, the success of the WAR greatly depends on WAR Judges. Anyone is welcome to become a WAR Judge and will be rewarded for it with team points for their work and for giving up the opportunity to take part in the section themselves.

However, I do ask that if you decide to become a Judge, please respect the position and do what is asked of you. WAR Judges are responsible for running the section, monitoring the section’s activities, and judging the entries and performance of the participants that take part. WAR Judges also have the freedom to decide what weekly themes are going to be used for that week. In the case of the WAR Role Play Judge, you have the right and the privilege to have complete control over the WAR RP’s storyline, though there will be a WAR RP Discussion Thread that you can use to work with members and get feedback from as you develop the storyline.

There are two types of WAR Judges: Normal Section Judges, who have control over one of the sections, and Backup Judges, who can judge and grade entries from any section that hasn’t been judged during the normal judging period. A WAR Judge can be a Normal Judge and a Backup Judge at the same time, so you can apply to be one or the other or both if you desire.

To become a Judge, you must apply in this thread. All that we ask is that you have at least some knowledge and experience in the section(s) you’re applying for.

As payment and reward for judging on time (and because the WAR Judge can’t take part in their own section for their own team, except in the case of URPG), WAR Judges earn 1 point each week they successfully and adequately judge their section for a total of 5 points. If a WAR Judge does not perform their duty on time or at all, they lose their point reward. These point rewards can be claimed by Backup Judges, who have the privilege to decide who in that section made the best entries (or demonstrated the best performance), and can issue the theme for the next week (if it is necessary, such as in the case of graphic art), provided it follows a similar pattern as the original WAR Judge’s format. Judges need to post the results in both the section’s thread and in the WAR Scoreboard Thread, and need to make a new theme (when necessary) sometime between Saturday and Sunday.

List of Sections

Application Form

Name:
Team:
Sections: (What sections you're applying to judge and whether you're applying to be normal or backup)
WAR Experience: (What WARS you've participated in)

Section Experience: (Write one paragraph for each section you're applying for, describing why you are qualified to judge that section for the WAR)

Example Form

Name: HKim
Team: Team Trainer
Sections: Roleplaying (Normal), URPG (Normal), Fan Fiction (Back-Up)

WAR Experience: WARS I-V, WAR VIII

Section Experience:

Roleplaying - Though I have not roleplayed recently in any form, I was an avid roleplayer years ago and participated in many stories, doing my best to both keep to my character and move the story forward. I have participated extensively in the Roleplaying section for the WAR in past seasons and observed how judges awarded points in that section. Additionally, I have written articles about roleplaying for the PE2K site.

[URPG Experience]

[Fan Fiction Experience]
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.

Last edited by HKim; 06-14-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:25 AM
SLC Offline

Send a message via AIM to SLC
Default Re: WAR X Judge Applications

The awkward moment when no one signs up xP

Name: SLC
Team: Villainous Incorporated: League of Evil
Sections: Pokémon Online
WAR Experience: A handful of parody wars and a few real ones since 2007.
Section Experience: On and off battling for a few years, on Netbattle, Shoddy Battle and Pokémon Online. In addition to this, I was in the (temporary) SBL and the more current POL with reasonable success. Although I have a somewhat limited idea of the metagame, it's not really a massive thing and will not disrupt my judging.

AIM: Politoed Prince

Old 06-16-2011, 09:16 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Going to need more judges for the WAR, else we're going to have to push it back a week.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:01 PM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Well, I've been out of town and not online, so the first I saw of this was when I jumped on for a minute today. Things don't seem to have been as active as I thought they'd be. =/ Oh well, here goes.

Name: k_pop or Kris
Team: The Cullen
Section: I think the Voice Acting event would be a good start.
WAR Experience: WAR VIII and IX
Section Experience: Voice Acting has not been part of the forum long enough to be in previous WARs, but I've been watching the Voice Acting section since it began. I understand how important good dialogue can be to a story from time spent in RP and fanfic. While I have not been a part of many of the voice projects posted, I like to hear how different people relate to someone else's character. I listen for the mood in the dialogue and everyone's unique voices.
I can post the link to a clip if needed.

Last edited by k_pop; 06-16-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:15 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Name
Jenn/3m0d0ll

Team
Villainous Incorporated: League of Evil (VILE).

Sections
Sprite Art (Normal).

WAR Experience
'Tis the first. c:

Section Experience
Sprite art: I've been spriting off and on for about two years now and the first place I posted
(other than the glorious ASB) was the Sprite boards in the General Spriter's Showcase.
Moonkit said that my Stantler disguised as a Sawsbuck was 'inspiring'. ouo;; I
also just love looking at other people's artwork, pointing out the good and the bad
about it, and suggesting a way to help them improve.

I can probably do other stuff, too, Spriting is just my best skill out off all the Categories. c:

Old 06-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Name: Charmander009

Team: Elemental

Sections: I'm not too confident in my own abilities, but I'll apply to be back-up judges for fan-fiction (<--maybe normal, if needed), graphic art, and role-playing (<--um, or normal judge for this one if needed)

EDIT: I'll also apply for Creative Writing, main judge :)

WAR Experience: War IX (yeah... only one ^^')

Section Experience:

Fan-fiction--

I haven't put up many fanfictions lately--mostly due to lack of inspiration--but I've learned a lot about fan-fic writing since joining this forum. I managed to win Fan Fic of the Year for 2009, as well as winning an award in 2010 for a one-shot fic.

Graphic Art--

Even with just a GIMP program, I greatly enjoy doing Graphic Art entries. I've improved with my skills greatly over the years, as you can see in my current gallery here.

Role-playing--

This section is where I spend a lot of time here on Pe2k lately. I've been in several different RPs and have a good feel for what makes a good story--and what doesn't. I haven't participated in a lot of war-like or WAR-related RPs--I tend to like more of the adventuring kind rather than the stradegic RPs. However, I have participated in Team RPs (uh, but not for very long), and well as the Inter-forum RP we did. One achievement in this category includes the time I won the RP-creation contest the forum did a while back.

Creative Writing--

While I haven't shared any of my creative writing here on Pe2k, I've done plenty of creative writing--mostly short stories and novelettes. I've taken several different college English classes, and I am adept at critiquing work, I think.

Last edited by Charmander009; 06-26-2011 at 06:06 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:02 AM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Simmi Send a message via MSN to Simmi

Name: Simmi
Team: The Armada
Sections: I'm applying to be a Graphics Judges.
I can also apply to be Drawn Art backup.
WAR Experience: This is my first one.
Section Experience: I know how to make graphics, I'm one of two Graphics experts in the Creative Dex. As for Drawn art, I'm in art school and know how to draw.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:43 AM
Nitro Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Nitro

Name: Nitro
Team: Team Octopus Babies or whatever it is ("the goofy team" Harry!) By the way, Jr hasn't officially approved me at the time of this posting, but he knows I'm joining his team and he's down with it. He'll probably get to it later when he feels like it, you know that Jr.
Sections: URPG/POL (I don't really care, whichever is okay since it is very similar)
WAR Experience: I can't remember exactly which ones, but I've been in 2-3 with Team Aqua and Team Trainer and maybe more.

Section Experience: I've been in the URPG for a few years now (since 2007, I think), so I'm kind of a veteran. I've been active in the URPG section in previous WARs as a competitor, so I understand how to run it as well as how to make in interesting.

As for POL, I've been in the Shoddy Battle variant of this event in previous WARs as a competitor. Like with URPG, I know how to run this as well as make it interesting.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

Several judges have already been decided and chosen. If you're interested in judging a section, do remember to apply. These are the list of confirmed sections/judges. The following have also been sent PMs to inform them of the above and that they can create their respective threads. If you need help with the general information or format of your thread, you can try to search for previous war threads of those sections.

Also, judges should note that sections might be cut if it's inactive. There's no point giving a point if there's only 2-3 people actually doing the work for whatever section. Try to make sure the themes make sense, and if you don't feel like you'll be able to look through them all, ask for help from the War Leaders (only if you really need it).

It should also be pointed out that you don't have to reverse discriminate against your own team (thinking that people will think you're cheating for your team if you vote for your team, so you purposefully don't even if your teammate's is better). Vote for the one who did the best regardless of team, and if there's any problems, the War Leaders/Staffs will take a look at it.

And so ...

THE SECTIONS

Role Play: Lusankya
Graphic Art: Simmi
Sprite Art: 3m0d0ll
PO: Nitro
URPG: SiberianTiger

Judges, do PM either the Head War Leader (HKim), or any of the other War Leaders (Ataro, Pokemon Trainer Sarah, Simmi), your synopsis of your section before posting it up. We would like to see explanation of how you will do the points, rules, each week's theme (if need be), etc. Anything important enough to be mentioned.

-----

Expect more new judges coming in as we get applications from more people or from those that we're scouting for currently.

Last edited by Ataro; 06-22-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Kayla Ann Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kayla Ann Send a message via MSN to Kayla Ann Send a message via Skype™ to Kayla Ann

Name: Kayla Ann
Team: The Cullen (Hopefully. still waiting for a response.)
Sections: Drawn Art.
WAR Experience: WAR IX - Ain Soph; WAR XXX-XX-II+ .5 - We Wear Short Shorts; WAR VIII - Knights of the Round Table.
Section Experience:

-----Drawn Art; I've taken art classes for the past 4 years now. I draw in my spare time, or given an opportunity. I've judged Drawn Art once, and loved it. I would say I'm pretty creative, so I could come up with unusual themes for each week.I judged purely on their submission, and am never biased.

. tumblr .--------------. factfile - quotes . ---------------. Gallery .
_
Old 06-23-2011, 02:05 AM
Hoshika Offline

Name: Hoshika
Team: butts
Sections: Drawn Art [either], Graphic Art [backup], Humor?
WAR Experience: A lot? 6, 7, 8, 9, and that one joke war. Majority were with Shen.

Section Experience: Do you mind if I don't write? Also I'm funny apparantly. Rocked the Humor section before.
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:49 AM
Giratina Offline

Name: Giratina
Team: The Cullen
Sections: Fanfiction; backup, though if need be I'll be active.
WAR Experience: WAR IX (Ain Soph)

Section Experience: I have been writing Pokémon fanfiction for years, and I've finished several one-shots and chaptered stories (several of which can be found on this forum). My longest-running in progress fic, Wings Have We, won the 2010 Award for best chaptered fanfiction under a year old. I've participated in every fanfiction event I could in the WAR, including the one where I had to write a fic in three days with blistering heat and a younger brother breathing down my neck... yeah. (Won second place there, if I recall correctly.)

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 06-23-2011 at 02:54 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:11 PM
GreenRampage Offline

Send a message via AIM to GreenRampage
Post Re: WAR X Judge Applications

Name:GreenRampage
Team: If I have to be on one I'll sign up....
Sections:Humor, hopefully Main
WAR Experience: Ah a bunch.... I think 7,8,9, and a few parody wars. I've also run this section before for the cancelled parody war. I was also the backup on WAR 9 i believe
Old 06-25-2011, 06:50 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla Ann View Post
Name: Kayla Ann
Team: The Cullen (Hopefully. still waiting for a response.)
Sections: Drawn Art.
WAR Experience: WAR IX - Ain Soph; WAR XXX-XX-II+ .5 - We Wear Short Shorts; WAR VIII - Knights of the Round Table.
Section Experience:

-----Drawn Art; I've taken art classes for the past 4 years now. I draw in my spare time, or given an opportunity. I've judged Drawn Art once, and loved it. I would say I'm pretty creative, so I could come up with unusual themes for each week.I judged purely on their submission, and am never biased.

Accepted for the position of Drawn Art judge. =) Please read what Ataro wrote above and PM me or another WAR Leader the plan for your section before Sunday!

Also we still need a Creative Writing judge... if no one applies, the section can't go ahead!
Old 06-25-2011, 07:24 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Name: Lord Fedora
Team: Cullen
Sections: Debate
WAR Experience: Can't think of which ones specifically I've been in, but I've done every non-Parody WAR since I joined.

Section Experience: In WAR, not much. In general, though, I'm highly active in online debating. Not so much on PE2K anymore, but I am heavily involved in Bulbagarden's The Real World section, to the point of becoming a mod there.

Last edited by Lord Fedora; 06-25-2011 at 07:32 AM.