Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 01-08-2012, 06:31 PM
PikaChew Offline

Question Gosh Darn Pokemon Zombies! (Interest check/ SU)

The pokemon world is a wonderous place but it is also filled with many dangers. One specific threat that tends to be especially bothersome is that of zombie outbreak. These large scale appearances of the undead disrupt hundreds of lives and take a heavy toll on local economies. A question that some might wonder about though, is what happens to the zombies after the end of a rampage? They cannot be killed because they are already dead! Scientists struggle to invent a cure but so far have met with little to no success. Recognizing a golden oppurtuinity, the mayor of Lavender town Mr. Bagil builds a place for the raggedy creatures to live, he opens a zombie zoo.

At first there are rumors of foul play or that the mayor had been bribed into making the questionable decision. But the rapid flow of cold hard cash quickly silences all critics of the project. Within a week, Lavender town had gone from a quiet and nearly deserted gathering of buildings to the most popular hot spot in the Kanto region! As a tourist destination the town set world records and raked in outrageous profits. In an effort to make even more money, Lavender began offering a dead body disposal service to overcrowded graveyards which also provided a cheap way to keep the zombies fed. The gamble had paid off, the zoo was a complete success and mayor Bagil was seen as a hero. With such an amazing victory having been achieved, what could possibly go wrong? Quite a lot, apparently.

During the most recent zoo opening, safety measures and equipment suddenly fail spectacularly for unknown reasons. Zombie cages that were assumed to be made of metal are revealed to be composed of nothing more than painted wood and even cardboard! Zoo employees scramble to contain the escaping zombie population but with everything going wrong, their efforts soon devolve into a struggle for survival! Alarmed guests panic and run for the exits as others throw out their pokemon to buy time for the fleeing patrons! It is as if the fantasy dream land of Lavander town had morphed into a nightmarish heck hole of epic proportions! The police are on the way but does anyone really stand a chance against the flesh hungry hordes?! Is there any hope that a cure can be completed before the entire region is overrun?!! Do not ask me, I am just a news reporter!

Rules:

As long as it has some connection to the zombies in Lavender town, you are pretty much free to do as you like plot wise.
Players can be anyone in or around Lavender town or elsewhere in Kanto. (except for mayor Bagil)
There are many different kinds of zombie present, including humanoid and pokemon

A character is only really in danger if they are bitten by one of the undead, as they would then be treated as dead themselves (a zombie!) until a cure is found. (if a cure is found)
Nothing overly gorey when it comes to violence.
Try to think more along the lines of a cartoon in terms of blood.

This is not an entirely serious roleplay but characters are not allowed to be invincible either.
Put your persons name and location somewhere at the top of each post
No bunnying without permission
No sex scenes
Non player characters can be temporarily controlled by anyone.
Post lengths should be at least 1-2 paragraphs but can be longer
You may play as a pokemon with no trainer (but that also means no pokeballs)

How to Sign up:

Name:
Personality: (at least 1 paragraph)
Appearance: (at least 1 paragraph, optional if RP'ing as a pokemon)
History: (at least 1 paragraph)
Other: (any extra details that you might want to mention, optional)

Pokemon without a trainer can remember and use up to 6 moves
Players can have anywhere from 1 to 6 pokemon to start. (but no legendaries and no ghost types) For each one please include:
Name: (nickname optional)

Participants
Lacher (Treecko) - Graceful Suicune
Topaz (Trainer) - Pikachew
Munchlax - Quaza529
Ralek (Absol) and Alyssa Ellis (Trainer) - 5TailedDemonlizard
Marleena Feyr (Trainer) - Wile E Coyote
Cobalt Bash (Trainer) - Dark Umbreon

The rpg thread is here: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...76#post3370876

Last edited by PikaChew; 02-14-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:36 AM
Popshakes Offline

Default Re: Gosh Darn Pokemon Zombies! (Interest check/ SU)

This sounds really interesting! Reserve me for two - three characters. =) I'll get them done sometime later~

♥ Jolteon Lover ♥
Old 01-09-2012, 02:26 AM
NES2 Offline

Tried this. Did not get off the ground.

Good luck making this work kid. Trust me, it's a pain to get a Zombie RP going. Especially with a crazy plot like this.

Don't get me wrong though, the crazy plot is a compliment. I mean, a Zombie Zoo just sounds ridiculous enough to make this one funny RP.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:39 AM
PikaChew Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popshakes View Post
This sounds really interesting! Reserve me for two - three characters. =) I'll get them done sometime later~
No need for reservations, the Sign ups will remain open!
I would love to have multiple characters around but lets get the basics covered first. One person per player at the beginning and then depending on how it goes, having more than one character might be added later. (hey theres always NPC's to control!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES2 View Post
Good luck making this work kid. Trust me, it's a pain to get a Zombie RP going. Especially with a crazy plot like this.

Don't get me wrong though, the crazy plot is a compliment. I mean, a Zombie Zoo just sounds ridiculous enough to make this one funny RP.
Thanks, I hope lots of people join so I can get started on a main thread!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Name: Lacher (LAY-ka)

Species: Treecko

Attacks: Pound, leer, absorb, quick attack and leech seed.

Personality: Lacher is a very curious treecko who rarely fights. He enjoys being small and crawling into tight spots, and he uses his tail to actively swat away the poke balls thrown at him, for the sight of a treecko in Kanto is rare, and therefore he is always trying to be caught. His curiosity tends to get him in all sorts of trouble, but sometimes it leads him to good things. He likes hiding in tall grass and scuttling up trees, and one of his favourite things is acrobatics which aides him in escapes. He is quiet and thinks more than he talks, and has never really had a friend. He doesn't govern much fear, as he is very practical and seldom acts on emotion. However, he is sometimes selfless and will help someone in need if he thinks they're in trouble and he can wedge them out of it, but if things were to get too bad, he would escape and leave the person/pokemon who was in trouble to fend for themselves. Although he is courageous and will help if need be, ultimately he values himself above others. He sees this not as selfish (in fact, he's never thought of it that way), but logical.

History: One day, a pelipper in Hoenn offered to take an egg from a mother grovyle to another region where he would grow up out of way of certain threats in Hoenn, with other grass type pokemon. However, little did the mother know that the same "threats" (humans) lurked in other regions, and Lacher didn't end up with a family after the pelipper accidentally hatched the egg (he hatched in her beak) and she ended up being captured and he was left to fend for himself from a very young age. Ever since, he has avoided capture and become adept at sneaking around undetected, stealing or catching food and wandering Kanto in search of a life goal or purpose.

Other: Because he is a treecko and has miniature hooks on his paw pads, he can crawl up walls. He is very easily knocked down, though, and he cannot hold his weight forever.

I can't wait to write about him. c:

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 01-10-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:30 PM
PikaChew Offline

Technically only 4 moves can be used at once but since Pound and Quick attack are nearly the same thing, I think we can get away with calling them 1 move.

Graceful Suicune, Approved!

Welcome aboard!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

I know you stand by that rule, but I never have--never for stories, comics, etc. I believe the only reason pokemon are only able to learn four moves is because otherwise they would be too overpowered in the games, and to keep it fair and test people's strategies, they make it impossible to learn more than four moves. In things like the anime, however, pokemon are seen knowing many moves at the one time, and I've always stuck by that, since I think it's rather stupid that a pokemon would be incapable of learning more than four moves.

It's funny, though. I deliberately chose for him to have five moves just to see what you'd say, and so I could explain this to you and see if you think I'm being reasonable or not. Also, judging by the fact that they're all quite weak moves, I thought that, if you still wanted to stick by the four attack thing, then maybe that fact would make it less important. :3

But thanks for accepting me! 8D Also, how many characters might we have? I think I might just have Lacher for now, but for other people, maybe you could specify? ^^

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:19 AM
PikaChew Offline

Ha ha you're a tricky one, I had not really given it much thought. You may have a point about the 4 moves though and I might make it so that player controlled pokemon (not those that have been captured) have better access to their movesets. Kind of like showing a pokemons true power that we do not get to see as a trainer in the games? Ok, I can roll with that!

For the very beginning of the RP everyone is limited to 1 character. (this might change later on) You can also sign up more characters if the first one dies or changes into a zombie.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:20 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Hahaha! XD Alright, that sounds good. Yeah, haha, I do a lot of deep thinking relating to pokemon 'cause of my stories and whatnot. But I'm glad to hear that, although I suppose it wouldn't heavily impact on Lacher if he had to get rid of one of his moves. XD Thanks for being open-minded about it though. :]

Okay, that's understandable. It's easier that way, anyway!

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:33 AM
PikaChew Offline

(Here I come!)

Name: Topaz
Personality: Topaz is reserved on the outside but bold on the inside. He likes to meet new people and pokemon and tends to be fairly easy going. Typically he does not go out of his way to help others but if it is not too much trouble, then Topaz will gladly lend a hand.

Appearance: His skin has a healthy tan color to it and his slightly pointy hair is brown. Topaz's clothing includes a light blue trainers jacket, with a white undershirt that is matched with blue and black khaki pants. He also wears black shoes and a black back pack.

History: A native of Unova, Topaz chose an Oshawott as his starter pokemon. After traveling around battling other trainers and earning gym badges, he eventually wound up in the Kanto region. In Saffron city he worked part time for Silph Co. as a security guard before leaving to once again go after more badges. Topaz recieved some training in close quarters combat and still practices the skills as a hobby. Not too long ago, he was contacted by a Silph Co. employee (and former associate) about a possible plot to sabotage the Lavender town zoo. Eager to gather more information and to see why the attraction has been so popular, Topaz agrees to go and take a look around...

Pokemon
Name: Dewott (Asuma)
4 moves: Razor shell, Aqua jet, Surf, Grass knot

Name: Growlithe (Macguyver)
4 moves: Flamethrower, Aerial ace, Odor slueth, Close combat
Old 01-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Popshakes Offline

Even though I didn't technically join, I'm not going to be able to post any sheets. D: I didn't realize how busy I'd be at school, sorry.

♥ Jolteon Lover ♥
Old 01-14-2012, 01:10 AM
Quaza529 Offline

species: Munchlax
Personality: he is very shy and barely pays any attention to humans but will steal food from them he acts around other pokemon as very curious he will accidently go across the other pokemon's boundaries. When approached by a human he will throw the rest of the food at their face and run as fast as he can.
Appearance: optional
History: he has no home he lives by traveling region to region by sneaking on boats and feeding on leftovers in the trash after arriving in kanto he was digging in the trash when a zombie spinarak came up to him he almost got killed but thankfully he ran fast enough like he does when hes scared.after running from the spinarak he came across the pokemon zoo and was being overrun by zombie pokemon so he climbed into a trashcan. He is now looking for a way out of kanto.
Other: instead of yellow he has white
4 moves:shadow claw rollout tackle and rest
maybe a bit more history if you dont mind

Like a Baws

Last edited by Quaza529; 01-14-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:38 PM
PikaChew Offline

Come to think of it, appearance should probably be an optional field for pokemon, besides unique markings and such. I will change that on the form.

Quaza, thats not a bad sign up and I suppose a name is not required if one is playing as a pokemon. If you add a bit more to personality than Munchlax will be good to go! You might want to describe how he acts around other pokemon or something like that.

EDIT:
Quaza529, Approved!

Last edited by PikaChew; 01-14-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:51 AM
PikaChew Offline

The Role Play thread is up!
Old 01-18-2012, 12:15 PM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

I tried to sign up last night and my iTouch crashed just as i was about to finish my SU...HERE WE GO AGAIN.
Name: Ralek

Species: Absol

Moves: Razor Wind, Ice Beam, Calm Mind, Headbutt, Faint Attack, Hone Claws

Personality: Cold and introverted, Ralek rarely speaks to others. He has a dislike of humans, who believe him to be a bringer of bad luck and disasters. He thinks they are stupid for not believing him or the other warnings that other pokemon gave for this impending disaster. He is proud of his power, but isn't cocky, instead sometimes overestimating his opponents. Those that can crack his hard outer shell can sometimes get him open up and become more friendly.

Appearance: Ralek looks like the normal, everyday Absol. However, the dirt and grime of the world has stained his coat a few shades darker than the normal glossy white. His eyes are a striking, icy blue and are often very cold and show little emotion. His head blade has various nitches and scratches from the various battles that he has been in. His tail is slightly longer than the normal Absol's. He stands about 4' at the shoulders and his fairly lanky, giving him a sick and underfed appearance despite the fact that he eats pretty well. He wears a tattered black bandanna around his neck.

History: Ralek grew up with his fairly large family in Hoenn, learning to hunt and fight from his father and mother, along with his siblings. When his mother was captured by a human, Ralek departed from his once safe forest home and traveled with one of his sisters. While in a town, a little girl treated him like a puppy, giving him some love and his black bandanna. However, he ran away when the girl's brother attempted to capture him. He hasn't seen the girl since. He traveled to Lavender town because of the internal pull that signaled impending doom and disaster. He has been living around the zombie zoo for a long time now.

Other: Not much...That bandanna has been through a lot, lol.

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!