Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 02:24 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default WAR XI Judge Applications (CLOSED)

Welcome all WAR fans! Here we will hold WAR XI Judge applications. Here are some qualities we will be looking for.

Activity
This is given, as you must be active as much as possible so you can judge your section well.

Fairness
Another given, as you must be fair, yet harsh (not too harsh) on the WAR participants in your section. You cannot give all the points to your best friend or anything of that matter.

Communication
You must be able to stay in contact with he WAR leaders and the participants of your section to make the best WAR possible. You must take your time in calculation points and keeping everything nice and updated.

Past WAR Experiences
This isn't a life or death thing, it's just to get a glimpse of past WAR experiences. This can help if you have ever been a past judge or a past WAR participant.

How can we contact you?
Judges should have AIM. Either AIM or a way to contact a leader constantly. How would you contact us? How would we contact you? VM, PM, AIM, E-Mail?

Us WAR Leaders are looking for nice spelling and grammar too!

Form

Fill out the following form if you want to be a judge.
Any form not filled out correctly will most likely not obtain the position!

Categories that you can apply for:
  • Fan Fiction
  • Role-playing
  • URPG Battling
  • Debate
  • Drawn Art
  • Sprite Art
  • Graphic Art
  • Wi-Fi Battling
  • Voice Acting
  • Pokemon Online Battling
  • ASBL
  • Humor

Name(Whatever you prefer to be addressed by):
AIM (if applicable)
Section(s) Applying For:
Qualifications:
Why you want to be a judge:

The WAR leaders will review the applications then announce the judges.

Best of luck to all! c:

Last edited by Typhlosion Explosion; 05-25-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:31 AM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX
Default Re: WAR XI Judge Applications

Name(Whatever you prefer to be addressed by): XaiakuX (Those who know my first name are free to call me by it.)
AIM (if applicable): XaiakuX
Section(s) Applying For: Sprite Art
Qualifications: I've been on pe2k for nearly 8 years. I've been a sprite artist for almost 10 years. I've seen so much god given talent come and go from this forum. Some of those talents I've had the honor of teaching, and helping to hone them in to Award winners on this forum. I, myself, have won Pe2k awards for my sprites. I have created themes back in 2004 and 2005 that people still use today. I've actually judged during WAR X (to replace 3m0d0ll when she fell inactive), so I have experience in judging, and creating themes for sprite artists.
Why you want to be a judge: Because I've done it before, so I know how it works, I appear to know what I'm doing, and know what to look for. I love spriting, and sprite art. I'm very passionate about this field.

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.

Last edited by XaiakuX; 05-15-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:39 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Name: MK
AIM: magickid931
Section(s) Applying For: URPG, Pokemon Online Battling, Sprite Art
Qualifications: URPG member for ~ 4 years, Ref/Grader for ~ 3 years. Contest Judge more recently. Been in quite a few WARs and WAR Parodies.
Why you want to be a judge: I've always wanted to try my hand at judging, and something simple like URPG or Pokemon Online Battling would be a good starting point as it's not subjective - points are given on Win/Loss, and so I couldn't be biased even if I wanted to. I'd also like to Judge something I can also participate in. I've dabbled in Sprite Art, also, so I'd be able to think up creative themes and judge accurately.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:58 PM
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Just so everyone knows, applications will close on May 25th.

Hurry up and get your applications in!
Old 05-17-2012, 01:31 AM
Nitro Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Nitro

Name(Whatever you prefer to be addressed by): Nitro
AIM (if applicable): nitrourpg
Section(s) Applying For: Pokemon Online Battling, Sprite Art, Graphics Art, URPG (in that order)
Qualifications: I've been in plenty of past WARs (I think 3-4, with teams like Team Trainer, Team Aqua, and Octopus Babies), and I'm definitely a very active person. I've been a part of all of the listed sections in past WARs,and I think I'd do very well running them because I know I definitely have the creativity needed to make them interesting. I've run PO before, too.
Why you want to be a judge: Sounds like fun, + authority is always cool.

Last edited by Nitro; 05-17-2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:47 AM
LS Offline

Name(Whatever you prefer to be addressed by): LS
AIM (if applicable): LSpl0x
Section(s) Applying For: I WANT TO BRING THE HUMOR SECTION BACK, and maybe voice acting
Qualifications: Yeah, been here for 7 years, been in a few wars, won a few.
Why you want to be a judge: could be fun
Old 05-17-2012, 02:02 AM
RaptorJesus Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to RaptorJesus

Name(Whatever you prefer to be addressed by): WTP
AIM (if applicable): imsocorn
Section(s) Applying For: URPG
Qualifications: Been in URPG for 6 1/2 years, I'm URPG's Head Ref, and I've competed in 5 or 6 WARs.
Why you want to be a judge: I've found the URPG competition in the past to be somewhat repetitive.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:19 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

Name: Dr. Robotnik, Metal Sonic, Metal, Doc, whatever you want to call me.
AIM: MSN: nateatkinson@live.com
Section(s) Applying For: RP
Qualifications: I've been RPing here since I joined up way back whenever, and on other places. I also write fan fictions.
Why you want to be a judge: May as well. I had a big part in making the RP this year, may as well judge the people against me IC-wise.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:58 PM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Name(Whatever you prefer to be addressed by): MGS
AIM (if applicable): Um... PM, VM, or email at v3locityq@gmail.com
Section(s) Applying For: Games/Trivia
Qualifications: I have been on Games for a while now and I am very active for it.
Why you want to be a judge: I have never been one and it seems interesting ^_^

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 05-19-2012, 02:48 AM
~Blast Burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Gear Snivy View Post
Name(Whatever you prefer to be addressed by): MGS
AIM (if applicable): Um... PM, VM, or email at v3locityq@gmail.com
Section(s) Applying For: Games/Trivia
Qualifications: I have been on Games for a while now and I am very active for it.
Why you want to be a judge: I have never been one and it seems interesting ^_^
We don't have the Trivia/Games section involved in WAR. :\ Sorry for not specifying in the first post!
Old 05-19-2012, 04:55 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

[FONT="Tahoma"]Name: Jenn, Jennifer, dung, Idc.
AIM: JeneeXxX
Section Applying For: ASB.
Qualifications: I'm a Mod there and have been participating in the ASB for the past two years and I've won Gold for Best ASB participant four consecutive months.
Why you want to be a judge: It gets the b******.

Last edited by WebMaster; 05-19-2012 at 05:07 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:30 PM
alaskapidove Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Name(Whatever you prefer to be addressed by): alaskapigeon
AIM (if applicable): alaskapigeon
Section(s) Applying For: Drawn Art
Qualifications: I was in WAR last year, I've been helping out with the URPG's upcoming art section, I've spent the last year in an art class
Why you want to be a judge: So I can check out neat art? Um. I think it would be fun.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

NAME: Neo Emolga. Neo does the trick anyway.
AIM: You guys are still using AIM!? Skype's where it's at, people! Anyway, Neo Pikachu82 is my AIM, guess I better update that old fossil of a messenger and start logging back on it again. Beware, I'm addicted to Diablo III (who isn't?), so if I'm not chatting back, I'm probably playing that (and pausing to chat means Belial or some demon will whack me upside the head). PM also works as an alternative, I'll come to it sooner or later. :P
SECTIONS APPLYING FOR: I'm game for either Fan Fiction or Graphic Art.
QUALIFICATIONS:

FOR FAN FICTION: Well, I wrote the Trial of Juno saga, which is a whopping 724 pages long in MS Word when you add all four parts together (and it finished also!). I've also judged War Writing before in Season 9. All the juicy details here. Chances are pretty good the way I handled it there is the way I'd handle it in Season 11. That format and approach worked beautifully.

FOR GRAPHIC ART: 12 freakin' years of Adobe Photoshop. I've also had various art shops (the one I had on Serebii got absolutely freaking MOBBED like a Wal-Mart on Black Friday if they were offering everything for free). I have also designed graphics as my job in a corporate environment for International Flavors and Fragrances, and they LOVED my work.

But if you want to see a sliver of the few I've done:
Spoiler:

For some dude's clan. His thanks was him getting greedy and then asking me for more and more... -_-

This girl on Serebii was absolutely freaking OBSESSED with Victini...

The first real "fragmentation banner" I featured on Serebii and was the header for the shop I made there (the same one that got mobbed). Holy honey bunches of oats, did they go completely NUTS for this style, and they were requesting frag banners out the wazoo. And other shops started offering the same kinds of banners soon enough.

I love this banner, but eragh, I love this crazy and funny rotator too.

WHY YOU WANT TO BE A JUDGE: To lightly lend a little hand in the War. Yeah, please, no more modding or leadership positions for me, it got to be too much involvement, but I don't think a simple War judging position will hurt (this would probably be the max I get involved in however). I've done it before, it's not an overwhelming amount of commitment, and I've had fun with it. Meeting deadlines wasn't hard, and judging entries was interesting and fun. As long as we still have Saturday and Sunday to judge stuff, it shouldn't be a problem.

Fan Fiction - Again, did this before, and it's fun coming up with curveball conditions for people to write with, such as themes, particular lines of sentences people need to incorporate into their story, and so on. The way I handled it in Season 9 would probably be done again, just using different themes and parameters. I might make it a littler easier, as I lost a few participants toward the later weeks when I made the themes a little tougher.

Graphic Art - I've never judged Graphic Art before (or if I did, it was ages ago and I don't remember), and it looks like fun. Way I'd handle it is come up with themes and have curveballs also. Such as people having to use a particular style, or everyone has to incorporate the same render image into their banner. Something along those lines. Again, fun and fresh is the way to go here.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:48 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

Name(Whatever you prefer to be addressed by): TheEvilDookie / TED

AIM (if applicable): theevildookie

Section(s) Applying For: URPG, Drawn art, Voice acting, Humor

Qualifications:
-WAR: I've participated in a couple of WARs so I understand how things go down.
-URPG: Four years of experience. They already have a few people for that so I wouldn't mind it if I wasn't chosen here.
-Drawn art: I'm not exactly a professional or taken any art classes, but I have a pretty good eye for talent in this section. I've drawn a couple of pieces for URPG so I have an appreciation for and know how much dedication can go into a piece.
-Voice acting: I used to be an DJ for an online radio for a couple years. Of about 20-30 others, I climbed through the ranks of administration at that site. I know this may not necessarily be voice acting experience in itself, but I've had first hand experience in being enthusiastic and professional in front of an audience of up to 150+ listeners.
-Humor: I enjoy teh lulz!! Also, I know that humor can and should appeal to everyone and not just those who are meme whores. I also placed somewhat well in some of the themes in the Humor section at last year's WAR.

Why you want to be a judge: I'm bored and you guys need judges lol. I'm also not on a team so there wouldn't be any bias coming from me (unless not being on a team is already a requirement :P).

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987

Last edited by TheEvilDookie; 05-22-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:32 AM
~Blast Burn

Application Submitting ends TOMORROW. (May 25th)

Also, judges for ASBL, URPG, and such MUST already be referees from the respected section.